• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The win quotes to go with it just make it more hilarious/awesome.

"WHATSAMATTA? STILL WANT A PIECE OF THIS" after tearing through 3 characters is so damn manly. I bet he spits on 'em after too.
Spitting = manly to you?

This is off topic, but I don't know where else to put it; Niitsuma tweeted yesterday that he's going to be at EVO. He obviously won't be going on his own as a fan, so maybe his next project will be announced sometime before then (or perhaps at the event itself)?

https://twitter.com/#!/Ryota_Niitsuma/status/200335150360432641
Probably either the rumored patch or a game announcement at E3 to promote.

Rumormill time:
Sven's post that I posted can be taken to suggest that the WiiU is getting a Marvel Super Heroes game at launch (or something similar). If that's true, that would have to have been the game Niitsuma has been working on. The WiiU launches by the end of this year, which would mean an E3 reveal and Evo for promotional play.

Open lobby live tonight.
I wish I could plaaay! :-(

I want to see KingOfSarus play Marvel. I really truly do.
Oh pleasure! It won't happen though. Smurfx apparently has to go to Evo to play him. /eyeroll

Why? Isn't he the one that whines all day long on SRK about how he hates it?
He was talking shit about Marvel last night in the fighting games weekly thread, and challenged smurfx to a fight. Unless he's a bitter genius, I don't see him winning.

Azure J

Rumormill time:
Sven's post that I posted can be taken to suggest that the WiiU is getting a Marvel Super Heroes game at launch (or something similar). If that's true, that would have to have been the game Niitsuma has been working on. The WiiU launches by the end of this year, which would mean an E3 reveal and Evo for promotional play.

I wouldn't put too much into believing that supposed Blockbuster leak list if I were you. At the same time, there's no doubt in my mind that Capcom is going to go all out with E3 announcements and doubling down on Wii U. I have a feeling we'll be getting some pretty good news on the fighter front as a side effect. Come on Mahvel expansions, DSIV by Niitsuma or TVC2:Tatsunoko Harder! :D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Probably either the rumored patch or a game announcement at E3 to promote.

Rumormill time:
I realllllllllllllly feel these Marvel Super Heroes = Fighting game by Capcom associations are misplaced. If anything, it sounds like a Super Hero Squad kind of game aimed at kids.

Plus, I have trouble seeing them doing a Wii U launch FG title. Seems unlikely to me.

The only thing that connection has going for it is Sven saying they have a great relationship with Marvel and look forward to working with them in the future, alongside him saying they're putting MvC to bed again for a while.

I wouldn't put too much into believing that supposed Blockbuster leak list if I were you. At the same time, there's no doubt in my mind that Capcom is going to go all out with E3 announcements and doubling down on Wii U. I have a feeling we'll be getting some pretty good news on the fighter front as a side effect. Come on Mahvel expansions, DSIV by Niitsuma or TVC2:Tatsunoko Harder! :D
Yeah, Japanese developers need to go with Sony or Nintendo, and Sony is so rocky that I wonder if they will be willing to risk putting all their eggs in the PS4. I don't believe the leaked list, that's why it was rumormill - I'm just having fun speculating.

I realllllllllllllly feel these Marvel Super Heroes = Fighting game by Capcom associations are misplaced. If anything, it sounds like a Super Hero Squad kind of game aimed at kids.

Plus, I have trouble seeing them doing a Wii U launch FG title. Seems unlikely to me.

The only thing that connection has going for it is Sven saying they have a great relationship with Marvel and look forward to working with them in the future, alongside him saying they're putting MvC to bed again for a while.
Yeah, but Sven's post had him saying that he wouldn't discredit the rumor, and that he thinks they got the title for one of the games wrong. I'm not saying that makes it all clear in my favor, but I'm having trouble explaining it another way. And what is Niitsuma going to Evo for?

Solune

It would've been too powerful if it hit otg because of special cancel ability, he would just loop you to death. Cr h is a great zoning tool combined with repulsar and unibeam. At mid range if you get someone to block it you can also fly cancel and approach to apply pressure because you would be in plus frames. The increase untechable time means you can do more swag hit confirms and combos with it.

I think it could be adjusted since Chris has nearly the same tool except it can't be cancelled into launcher. Although I guess they have to limit Iron Man's abilities to keep him unique and balanced /trollface. Also as we all know Combo Punch H was adjusted because of the gun =p.

This is off topic, but I don't know where else to put it; Niitsuma tweeted yesterday that he's going to be at EVO. He obviously won't be going on his own as a fan, so maybe his next project will be announced sometime before then (or perhaps at the event itself)?

https://twitter.com/#!/Ryota_Niitsuma/status/200335150360432641
This is about as on topic as it gets.
Open lobby live tonight.
Sweet
Maybe he is going as a fan? I remember him saying he enjoyed his time there last year.

But this could potentially mean more. If there's a panel, we can get extra hype.
He might go for that sort of stuff. Mike Z and Ravidrath told us about how he checked out their panel before the game was out and asked them about cool fighting game features. Mike mentioned the 15f pause idea which Niitsuma liked.

Maybe it's just a sort of hobby. We'll find out soon a enough I guess.
On a totally random note, what do I have to do to get Revenger's Roost in this game? (Admittedly, I just want it for the music which has been in my head for the last week or so.)
You'd have to setup a clandestine meeting with the men responsible for all these Hsien-Ko crossover appearances. It'd probably be in an empty construction site and you'd have to bring some destructive Sony info for a deal with Capcom.

dangerous stuff

kirblar

Yoooo that M.Blast off screen!! That is absolutely dirty. Didn't Capcom remove that shit from Zero and some other characters? LOL

edit: so, I have time to call drones and use gravity moves when they tech? lulz
Very dirty, because it looks like an overhead/unblockable setup, but actually isn't.

SmokeMaxX

Assuming you already have a good assist for Sentinel(*cough cough*log trap*cough cough*hidden missiles), Hyper grav is surprisingly useful. I personally press A1 and 2M at the same time, and the timing is perfect for a dash up command grab attempt or another 2M. On hit, it means I can get a few extra air normals in off a flight cancel and is a retarded easy hit confirm. It also lets you combo into HSF for all 9 hits any time you want off of Rocket Punch L, which usually means another rocket punch into plasma storm. Not that it matters much since you'd just DHC into Magnetic Tempest from Plasma storm for similar damage normally anyway. Cool option, though.

Of course, that doesn't go very far to justify the insanity Smoke over here is coming up with.

Just because it's not common doesn't mean it's insanity. Joker plays Magneto, Sentinel, and Iron Man and I don't see anyone getting onto him for using repulsor blast assist instead of unibeam.

Cause he has drones........... and repulsor blast is one of the best assists. Just have to use IM. Can be used to set up unblockables, as an AA, combo extender and lockdown as well.

Tirael

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYuR1wbq-SU&feature=g-u-u

fingercramp released a taskmaster guide for those who want to use taskmaster. i know there was one person who wanted to use him.

I'm actually thinking about picking him up, so this helps me, at least. Thanks.

You said this and now I'm wondering what it must have been like for that guy who got Merry Christmas'd at Big Two #25 by Haggar. :lol

What's this term, "Merry Christmas'd"? Is it like Happy Birthday'd?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just because it's not common doesn't mean it's insanity. Joker plays Magneto, Sentinel, and Iron Man and I don't see anyone getting onto him for using repulsor blast assist instead of unibeam.
Iron Man is uncommon as a whole, and Repulsar Blast assist isn't really known for being bad either. Unibeam is just slightly more common in such a small sample size.

Eh, hyper grav isn't turrible, and if it's doing work for Smoke, it's doing work. It does make Sent dish out some more damage, so I see what he's going for there. I think Sent is better with a beam like Plasma or Uni, not EMD. But he's not playing those characters, so it's moot.

Also, if Cap already has drones, he won't need EMD. He can blow through other projectiles himself whilst not giving a f*ck and drones can do the rest. Something like Hyper Grav for Cap would be scarier to deal with IMO since he'll be able to convert it easier for mo damage, mo problems.

I think smart Sentinel play can overcome whatever benefits EMD can give you.

As for the Master of Tasks anchor play, he can protect a lead alright, but if you get cracked by him when you have the life lead, you deserve to lose. Between him and Sent, it's a tie -- they both lose. People will invariably lose just because of the "I really hope I don't get hit factor." Just like Haggar T_T

Dahbomb

Repulsar blast is a great assist especially for sentinel and magneto. Both of them already have a beam attack and since both of them can confirm a combo off of repulsar it makes it a very logical and in fact a superior pick for that team.

How many Hulk Smashes out of five?

Yx511.png

Yx511.png

Yx511.png

Yx511.png

Yx511.png

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Have you seen Spiderman 2 recently? I don't think it holds up. Either that or I saw it when I was 12 and everything is better when you are 12.

smurfx

get some go again
I just recently watched it, and I feel so dumb. I remember loving it but now it's just sooooo bad.
maybe i should watch it again then. i only watched one time. i probably won't watch the avengers again though. i rarely watch movies twice.

Azure J

Nice combo but that combo means you aren't using plasma beam with doom for teleport mix ups. The combo also starts with 1 meter on deck and in most scenarios you wouldn't be able build up that much meter due to assist choices. The good thing is that it shows that you don't need otg assists to do big damage with Vergil.

Oh and all aboard the bandwagon!

My brother pretty much has the shapings for this with just Jam Session. He does something like (Hard Knockdown) - Call Jam Session - High Time - Trick H and gets enough time to go into full followups off of it. I wonder if the hitstun decay would be too high to get one rep of spin cycle in before super.

Dahbomb

Once you get the loop set up hit stun doesn't matter as long you have the meter. they aren't going to pop out off lunar phase, spiral swords round trip or judgment cut.

Dahbomb

That combo for the most part is doable without x factor too but the timing is really strict. The boulder loop has been known for quite some time now.

Azure J

RayRay's counterpick team on Live Oratory (Felicia [Rolling Buckler]/Doom [Plasma Beam]/Strider [Vajira]) made me want to try my first love team but in a different order. How does Felicia (Rolling Buckler)/Dante (Weasel Shot)/Strider (Vajira) sound?

I think I'm addicted to magic cards. So much theory fighting potential.

RayRay's counterpick team on Live Oratory (Felicia [Rolling Buckler]/Doom [Plasma Beam]/Strider [Vajira]) made me want to try my first love team but in a different order. How does Felicia (Rolling Buckler)/Dante (Weasel Shot)/Strider (Vajira) sound?

Make that shit happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom