• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
Haha, I knew it. Those games weren't amazing, but I have fond memories of them.

Yeah, the Shield Skills -> Sharp Sting cancel is pretty useful, but other than that, the only other thing I took away from the video is cr.L is good. That's something that's not terribly hard to figure out, though.

Really? I'm trying to pick up Task right now, what's a good beginner combo I can be working on?

And yeah, he needs to be able to break 600k, Captain America is at 636k with magic series -> OTG -> Super.

Edit: Actually, I'm thinking about running Task/Spencer/Hawkeye as a secondary team. Every character gets an arrow assist, the DHC synergy is good, and the back two are both very good anchors. (I honestly think it's absolutely dirty that Legion arrows from full screen combos into Bionic Maneuvers.) What do you guys think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCa-ZuzHI6Y

Firebrand/Dormammu/Morrigan is really what you should be sticking with anyway. Actually, Morrigan/Firebrand/Dormammu, and use the TAC glitch to bring in Firebrand. You don't need the meter assist that way(although you'll still have access to it), and it's a little less suseptible to zoning teams.
It's the most susceptible to Vajra, which is my real problem. Zoning isn't the issue. I can get past zoning in a lot of ways. Morrigan can't handle Vajra at all without Hidden Missiles backing her.

Why would I TAC Firebrand in? Firebrand TAC to Dormammu is a guaranteed dead character (even Thor) - I'd rather do that in my previous team order.

Teams I'm thinking about running:
Firebrand (Hellfire H) / Trish (Low Voltage) / Amaterasu (Cold Stars)

Logic:
Trish and Amaterasu both have hypers that let Firebrand connect his unblockable after a hard knockdown. Cold Stars leads to unblockables, Low Voltage lets him get in. Trish makes good use of Cold Stars, and Amaterasu is a fantastic anchor.

Firebrand (Hellfire H) / Skrull (Tenderizer) / Sentinel (Sentinel Force)

Logic:
I fancy myself a pretty solid Skrull player, and Sentinel is his best partner. Sentinel Force and Tenderizer are both amazing for setting up unblockables in different situations. I can burn my meter on the snapback loop if I want. Plus I know some Skrull tech no one else does (I think).

Honestly I think you need to go with Dorm/Magneto/Doom. Doom can go second with HM and Mags with EM Disruptor.

Then build a Firebrand team as well and judge it from there which one you enjoy more.

Honestly I think you need to go with Dorm/Magneto/Doom. Doom can go second with HM and Mags with EM Disruptor.

Then build a Firebrand team as well and judge it from there which one you enjoy more.
I already hate Doom, though. Firebrand/Dormammu/Doom works really well - if I wand to use Doom, I'd use that team and be pretty happy with the outcome.

Pet peeve: Sentinel players that just do j.MHS after launcher. WHAT IS THAT? It's not like the second M is a challenge to get in there.

It's the most susceptible to Vajra, which is my real problem. Zoning isn't the issue. I can get past zoning in a lot of ways. Morrigan can't handle Vajra at all without Hidden Missiles backing her.

Why would I TAC Firebrand in? Firebrand TAC to Dormammu is a guaranteed dead character (even Thor) - I'd rather do that in my previous team order.

Have you considered Trish, Taskmaster or Rocket Raccon?

I already hate Doom, though. Firebrand/Dormammu/Doom works really well - if I wand to use Doom, I'd use that team and be pretty happy with the outcome.

Pet peeve: Sentinel players that just do j.MHS after launcher. WHAT IS THAT? It's not like the second M is a challenge to get in there.

I actually think jH xx flight, ,jMMH xx unfly jM^jHS is more consistent than jMMHS. I think that's the right combo, it's been a little while.

Have you considered Trish or Rocket Raccon?
Check my above post - one of the teams I've thought about is Firebrand/Trish/Ammy. Rocket Raccoon would mean Firebrand loses his Bon Voyage wall bounce, and I'm not sure what synergy they necessarily have aside from RR having a great assist.

Yeah, but Morrigan's soul fist trap requires mostly vertical movement anyway.
Unless your opponent is competent or another zoner. Even someone like ChrisG, with all his talent, is only able to stay in one spot because he knows Hidden Missiles is covering him so well that it's more worthwhile to keep the fireballs going than to dodge anything thrown out there. I wouldn't have that luxury.

mr. puppy

Banned
i don't see how you all could argue anything but firebrand should be first. that guy wins the majority of the start of the round battles and you can start his pile of bullshit instantaneously.

Tobe

finally im going top tier, ?????/Vergil/Doom what could be a good point? thinking about logan but im open for opinions.

o03y2.gif

Dahbomb

Magneto is s tier, Wolverine is like a + and sentinel has an s tier assist. Its not going to be that different from your new team even if you add wesker. Doom is a mediocre anchor.

This is classic bandwagon syndrome. If you actually wanna go full s tier pick wesker Vergil magneto. A top anchor no matter what character you end up putting in the back.

Yeah they should probably buff Vajra. It should have at least the tracking ability of RR super's last hit.
That would be a nerf, sir.

lol @ "finally."

Doom is ass at anchor. Might as well keep Mags in the back.
Don't think of it as anchoring Doom. Think of it as betting the game on XF2 Magneto.

Hey Mahvel-GAF, we be streaming Marvel soon at a local here. Just finishing up AE grand finals and then the fun game comes on.

www.twitch.tv/chipdamage
I like you, but then I remember you play Spider-man and I get mad.

Edit: On the list of top dumbest things you can do in this game, I think trying to TAC against Phoenix is #1. YOUR KILL IS RIGHT THERE, DONT GET GREEDY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom