• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Honestly if they put megaman in the game I would want Exe or X just for the sake of them have stance changes. Sadly X got shit on already unless they want to redo a MMZ skin for zero when they give out mags new costume. In a perfect world we would have Megaman,Zero,Tron, Bass.exe for megaman reps.

Jedah should be in the game and Hsien Ko should be moving almost twice as fast as she does now and have swing cancels....

All sorts of things that could be changed overall to make the game more crazy and fun but I have a feeling they got bitch slapped by cap execs again.

sephi22

Off-topic:
What's a good free screen capture software that doesn't take up too much space?

Work is sending me to another country for EVO weekend, so ill not be able to watch evo live. I want to screen cap the finals so that I can watch them later (with the stream chat)

If not, ill just catch the archives

shaowebb

yeah go with plasma beam to stop his doom from getting off missiles. you can also use it for cross ups ala masta cj.

This. In the FChamp matchup last night he was running Magneto w/ Plasma Beam assist from doom and Disruptah/BEAM/Disruptah absolutely wrecked house on guys by decimating assists and locking down for meter build for his Phoenix. Fast beam assists are a good answer to any irritating assist abuser. Plus if you see you caught him and are close enough Chaotic Flame might catch if you hit it early enough. Not certain on that one, because I don't use Dorm so I don't know if you can convert this kind of assist punish into it, but I'd say its worth a try. It seems like it should at least.

Either way, beam assist stuffs Doom missiles. Its why I enjoy calling Tasky over Arthur if I see Doom missiles on deck. He's faster and he stuffs it easier.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
This. In the FChamp matchup last night he was running Magneto w/ Plasma Beam assist from doom and Disruptah/BEAM/Disruptah absolutely wrecked house on guys by decimating assists and locking down for meter build for his Phoenix. Fast beam assists are a good answer to any irritating assist abuser. Plus if you see you caught him and are close enough Chaotic Flame might catch if you hit it early enough. Not certain on that one, because I don't use Dorm so I don't know if you can convert this kind of assist punish into it, but I'd say its worth a try. It seems like it should at least.

Either way, beam assist stuffs Doom missiles. Its why I enjoy calling Tasky over Arthur if I see Doom missiles on deck. He's faster and he stuffs it easier.

Yeah arthur's assist isn't really good for stuffing stuff out it's more of a mix up and lockdown tool. Well it's not that bad in gold armor form but honestly you don't want him to be in gold armor

I went Super Saiyan when Vergil was announced.

I saw it at the airport paying like $1 a minute to surf the net and had to constantly rub my eyes and examine the pixel of the artwork to convince myself I wasn't dreaming.

I remember that day. I was on GameFAQs when CAW broke the news.

I was lurking here as well, before I (FINALLY!) got approved.

As soon as Vergil's pic showed up, you were the man of the hour around here.

shaowebb

Yeah arthur's assist isn't really good for stuffing stuff out it's more of a mix up and lockdown tool. Well it's not that bad in gold armor form but honestly you don't want him to be in gold armor

I am so confused right now. I know not to get caught when it shatters, but is there another reason you don't want him in it?

mr. puppy

Banned
alright another champ (dorm team) vs. zak ft10 last night, starting at around 10:45 here: http://www.twitch.tv/fgtvlive/b/323478846

lots of bets and commentary going on in the house. commentary by neo.

results:
zak wins 10-7, final match is a perfect
firebrand basically blows up magneto most of the time
i think 4 or 5 of champs wins were doom xf3 comebacks

Tirael

I am so confused right now. I know not to get caught when it shatters, but is there another reason you don't want him in it?

I would also like to know this.

Honestly if they put megaman in the game I would want Exe or X just for the sake of them have stance changes. Sadly X got shit on already unless they want to redo a MMZ skin for zero when they give out mags new costume. In a perfect world we would have Megaman,Zero,Tron, Bass.exe for megaman reps.

Jedah should be in the game and Hsien Ko should be moving almost twice as fast as she does now and have swing cancels....

All sorts of things that could be changed overall to make the game more crazy and fun but I have a feeling they got bitch slapped by cap execs again.

I agree with everything in this post. Except maybe 4 reps for a series, like SF and RE. (5 Avengers is understandable, though, they're all unique and interesting.) But if ANY series deserves 4 reps, it's MM.

Dahbomb

3 things people should know about Vergil when fighting against him:

1) Spiral Swords into a teleport isn't a 50/50. When he is teleporting he is actually moving behind/infront of you and the swords move with him. So when he goes behind you the swords are actually in front of him and they hit you when you are blocking the normal way. Just hold down/back when he turns on SS or better yet just super jump away if you have space. When he teleports to the corresponding position, hold down the proper block position.

2) Teleport mix ups of Vergil can be read as they are telegraphed some what. The blue on his teleport is a tell tale sigh, if the blur is horizontal then he is going to teleport in front of you (ie Teleport L) and if the blur is horizontal then he is going to teleport behind you. This is 90% of what most Vergils do and while it is difficult to read the teleport based on the blur if you train your eye you might be able to do it (personally I still can't do it because the screen is usually cluttered with an assist anyway). Also there is an exception to this which I believe is the true mix up to Vergil's teleport game and that is Teleport H. Teleport H isn't a cross up but the blur is vertical meaning if someone reads that you are reading teleports based off of the blur he can try this. This is really only helpful in a corner or during Round Trip mix ups as off of most assists Vergil can't really confirm using a teleport H.

3) Chicken blocking is super effective against Vergil when he is doing Helm Breaker. He can't do anything until he lands and it's very possible to clip him before he fully lands. He can't even cancel into Spiral Swords as your move will hit him out of the Spiral Swords. If he tries to cancel into a teleport that is unsafe too.

4) Snap backs during Spiral Sword mix ups/pressure is very effective. There are gaps in between the swords that can be exploited by using a snap back if you get out of block stun for even a tiny bit. This will allow you to regain the momentum in a match. You should try it with a character who actually has some good range on his snap back. Ghost Rider can snap Vergil out of Spiral Swords from full screen away but he's Ghost Rider so whatever.

alright another champ (dorm team) vs. zak ft10 last night, starting at around 10:45 here: http://www.twitch.tv/fgtvlive/b/323478846

results:

I was wondering what was going on the whole set with Magneto, and after it's over he says "oh yeah I forgot the shockwave" LOL

Karst is totally right, Shockwave is Magneto's main tool for getting rid of firebrand. That said, Shockwave -> Ball -> Purification was an awesome assist punish from Champ. I never thought of that. The incoming jab fake was some EVO-level shit.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I would also like to know this.

I agree with everything in this post. Except maybe 4 reps for a series, like SF and RE. (5 Avengers is understandable, though, they're all unique and interesting.) But if ANY series deserves 4 reps, it's MM.

Yes!

Zero, Tron, MM, Roll (TVC)

JeTmAn81

Random Shockwave is one of my favorite things to do with Magneto. I'm so bad with him, having a GTFO panic button like that is delightful for creating space again. If you catch them in the middle of a move right next to you it does good damage as well.

Azure J

results:

I'm watching this now, and the commentary is great. Team Pelicans VS. Team Salmon...

#dead

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

In my personal opinion it makes his lances worse overall as a spacing tool and his axe get's worse outside of being used as an anti air or combos, tracking arrows are nice and all but honestly as a lockdown tool the normal arrows are better as they are about 4x faster. On the plus side he gains a true SRK.

I never tested it and I should but it slipped my mind this whole time, due to how freaking nice the daggers are, but gold armor arthurs srk puts people in an untechable spinning state and is a true srk type move. Wonder if it would work like a ghetto psylocke assist the hit box on it is pretty huge as well.

First, Vergil's teleport is NOT fast, it is the slowest recovering teleport in the game. Dormammu has 2 situational projectiles, Dark Matter is quite useful, Chaotic Flame is able to punish Doom, use that to your advantage when you have 2 meters. In general though Vergil does give zoners a hard time, since you have Missiles though you should be able to make him respect your Chaotic Flame, and Whiffed H after a Push Block is a free punish. So if you're afraid of Vergil rushing you down, make some breathing space first by pushblocking and punish accordingly.
What? Vergil's teleport recoveries:
L version: 11 frames
M version: 13 frames
H version: 10 frames

Dormammu's teleports all have 17 recovery frames. Dr. Strange recovers in 19/19/14. Phoenix's teleports all recover in 20 frames.

Vergil has one of the fastest recovering teleports in the game, don't spread misinformation.

Dormammu against either twin is an uphill battle for Dormammu.

btw god's beard your italian meal thread got a mention in a random thread. just thought you should know. :p
LOL

I was wondering what was going on the whole set with Magneto, and after it's over he says "oh yeah I forgot the shockwave" LOL

Karst is totally right, Shockwave is Magneto's main tool for getting rid of firebrand. That said, Shockwave -> Ball -> Purification was an awesome assist punish from Champ. I never thought of that. The incoming jab fake was some EVO-level shit.
You can also Purification into Chaotic Flame an assist as many times as you want. ;-)

Solune

What? Vergil's teleport recoveries:
L version: 11 frames
M version: 13 frames
H version: 10 frames

Dormammu's teleports all have 17 recovery frames. Dr. Strange recovers in 19/19/14. Phoenix's teleports all recover in 20 frames.

Vergil has one of the fastest recovering teleports in the game, don't spread misinformation.

I meant in total frame count, but you're right, I should look up the frame data before posting since I have the guide anyways. I'm at work atm so I'll do a comparison between all teleporters. I may even be assed to post "teleport" dashes.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You can also Purification into Chaotic Flame an assist as many times as you want. ;-)

One of the funniest things ever period, arthur vs dorm is the worst match up in the game, dorm can literally kill and assist for free if arthur and his assist are standing next to each other. :(

Dahbomb

Spider Man was amazing. Almost washes away the bad taste of the last one... almost.

Dat final shot!

This is INDEED how you shot web.

Azure J

Fuck, you guys have me so hype to see that movie now, but I know it's going to be batshit trying to find a viewing for it in all five boroughs this week. :(

Dahbomb

I went at a 1 PM showing and it wasn't packed at all. There doesn't seem to be much hype around this yet but I am sure things will get packed on July 4th. Word of mouth will help this movie just like the Avengers.

But the people there applauded when the movie ended and most people came out with positive feelings including me and my sister. She is a casual movie watcher and she thought it was way better than the original SM trilogy.

I am not fully convinced whether it's better than Spider Man 2 yet but I personally liked it better than the original. 3 doesn't exist of course.

Chavelo

3 doesn't exist of course.

They could of made a third movie if they wanted to... It would of been so awesome! Think of the possibilities! Bring in the Sandman, and Green Goblin! Hell... what if... they used Eddie Brock and Venom as the main antagonists?

Also, put a dance scene. Bitches love the dance scenes.

Dahbomb

I don't know if you guys have seen the more recent Batman trailers but Bane voice is way more audible now although it just seems like they might be running a different audio track altogether. It looks like it's going to be jarring but I will take that over not understanding a damn thing he says while watching the movie.

Quadratic

Played some UMVCl 3 yesterday to see how I'll fair at EVO. Had a 25 game losing streak.

I know I'm a terrible random scrub so I guess it reaffirms that I'll be free.

Dahbomb

TDKR is definitely looking like the weakest of the series from trailers.
You probably haven't followed Batman since before Batman Begins (because I did) so you probably don't know that Batman has looked mediocre in all the trailers. Batman Begins trailers were pretty meh and TDK trailer looked like they showed everything. Both movies were way better than their trailers indicated.

They haven't shown anything in the TDKR trailers. Basically at most 10 minutes of footage shown out of 2 hours 45 minutes. A stark contrast with Spider Man which basically showed 1/3rd of the movie via marketing.

"You have given them EVERYTHING!"

"Not everything............

NOT YET!"

I have finished gathering all the tournament data for Ultimate Marvel thus far. I have compiled it all and ranked the characters based on results and popularity. If you want particular stats to be included about character usage/wins please ask so now. I will be posting the full thing tomorrow. I will probably not be putting my meta game opinions this time, too much to talk about and too little time.

Solune

I'm gonna list numbers side by side, Startup/Active/Recovery/Total in that order. I've also added some characters with Command Dashes. I've excluded Frank West/ Captain America / Felicia for different reasons. Also I've obviously omitted / neglected things like Invincibility frames and why each teleport is useful, I'm only comparing raw data.

Dr Strange
Teleport L/M - 11/0/19/30
Teleport H - 11/0/14/25

Rocket Raccoon
Tunnel Rat L/M - 13/0/27/40
Tunnel Rat H - 13/5/9/27

Strider
Vajra L/M - 12/9/10/31
Vajra H - 33/~/11/44~

Vergil
Trick L - 14/11/11/36
Trick M - 16/7/13/36
Trick H - 16/5/10/31

Deadpool
Teleport L/M/H - 25/0/0/25

Dormammu
Mass Change L/M/H - 13/0/17/30

Phoenix
Teleport L/M/H - 10/0/20/30

X-23
Mirage Feint M - 3/0/25/28

Akuma
Ashura Senku - 14/0/20/34

Dante
Air Trick - 11/0/11/22

Wesker
Phantom Move L - 11/0/20/31
Air Phantom Move L - 11/0/35/46
Phantom Move M - 11/0/25/36
Air Phantom Move M - 11/0/40/51
Phantom Move H - 11/0/20/31
Air Phantom Move H - 11/0/25/36

Zero
Hienkyaku L - 5/0/25/30
Hienkyaku M - 5/0/35/40
Air Hienkyaku M - 6/0/20/26
Hienkyaku H - 5/0/22/27
Air Hienkyaku - 6/0/21/27

Jill
Teleport - 9/6/2/17

From a glance Vergil and Rocket Raccoon have teleports with the longest duration to complete, this means they have the most time to react to. Second Dante and Jill have the fastest Teleports in the game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You probably haven't followed Batman since before Batman Begins (because I did) so you probably don't know that Batman has looked mediocre in all the trailers. Batman Begins trailers were pretty meh and TDK trailer looked like they showed everything. Both movies were way better than their trailers indicated.

They haven't shown anything in the TDKR trailers. Basically at most 10 minutes of footage shown out of 2 hours 45 minutes. A stark contrast with Spider Man which basically showed 1/3rd of the movie via marketing.

"You have given them EVERYTHING!"

"Not everything............

NOT YET!"

I have finished gathering all the tournament data for Ultimate Marvel thus far. I have compiled it all and ranked the characters based on results and popularity. If you want particular stats to be included about character usage/wins please ask so now. I will be posting the full thing tomorrow. I will probably not be putting my meta game opinions this time, too much to talk about and too little time.
holy assumptions batman!

With TDKR and TDK at least, there is more context to use to base expectations.

Dahbomb

What context? I don't get it.

Batman Begins trailer shown -> Reaction to it meh -> Movie is godlike

TDK trailer shown -> Reactions alright, people worried it spoiled too much -> Movie is godlike

TDKR trailer shown -> Reactions alright, not a lot of stuff is shown -> Movie is still going to be godlike

And there are numerous examples of trailers that were godlike but the movie was garbage (see Matrix Reloaded/Revolution trailers).

Xevren

And there are numerous examples of trailers that were godlike but the movie was garbage (see Matrix Reloaded/Revolution trailers).

Even better example and something relevant to the thread possibly? The Fantastic Four movies. I thought the trailers looked awesome and those 2 movies were just complete shit.

Dahbomb

You already forgot Spider Man 3 which had an amazing hype trailer and movie was trash.

Also X-men 3. "WHEN THE AIR IS STILL... AND THE NIGHT HAS FALLEN.... WHO WILL YOU STAND WITH!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom