• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What context? I don't get it.

Batman Begins trailer shown -> Reaction to it meh -> Movie is godlike

TDK trailer shown -> Reactions alright, people worried it spoiled too much -> Movie is godlike

TDKR trailer shown -> Reactions alright, not a lot of stuff is shown -> Movie is still going to be godlike

And there are numerous examples of trailers that were godlike but the movie was garbage (see Matrix Reloaded/Revolution trailers).
The movies beforehand are the context to base your expectations on, versus a new film franchise with Batman Begins. Doubly heightened expectations for TDKR for me make it difficult to live up to the two beforehand in my eyes. I still have faith in Nolan though, though much like ASM, not much hype here. Probably best way to go into a movie anyways, I usually overhype myself for things. Plus I'm currently playing through Arkham City and I nearly 100%'d LEGO Batman 2 in a single weekend, so maybe I'm just subconscious hype ATM.

Even better example and something relevant to the thread possibly? The Fantastic Four movies. I thought the trailers looked awesome and those 2 movies were just complete shit.
What do you mean you don't like cloud bosses in your movies?

SmokeMaxX

Total frames is kinda "eh" for comparison. I think the most important factor for teleports that track are recovery frames because you're obviously not going to teleport when someone's rushing you down hard. 95% of teleport situations are offensive in nature. When are against a character with a fast RECOVERY on their teleport, it lets them have better mixups on you. If you're on defense, their teleport startup shouldn't matter, because you're reacting to where you see them end up and if they recover faster, you have less time to react. Of course there's the blur on Vergil's teleport, but his fastest recovering teleport goes against conventional thinking anyway which sorta negates that...

Dahbomb

Truth be told I wasn't much hyped for ASM either and was very pleasantly surprised. I also have stayed away from most rumor mill/hype train threads of TDKR as well, I have only seen trailers at the movies and that's it. If it wasn't for the 3rd comic book movie curse then I would have hyped myself up to the stratosphere with this one.

It's best to go totally dark mode with highly anticipated movies. Then again I did that with Prometheus and I still came away disappointed.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I went into Avengers all hyped and half spoiled from the various threads and it still delivered. Some have said it doesn't hold up on multiple screenings though, but I still think it will.

Waiting for that extra 30 minutes of footage on that DVD/BD. Gimme.

Dahbomb

I have seen it 3 times, it's still a fun/great movie but the slapstick comedy moments lose their charm after the first time you see it. It's still a great movie to watch with someone who is seeing it for the first time just for the reactions.

Tirael

I have seen it 3 times, it's still a fun/great movie but the slapstick comedy moments lose their charm after the first time you see it. It's still a great movie to watch with someone who is seeing it for the first time just for the reactions.

Oh, come on! It's always funny when
at the end of the huge action sequence, Hulk punches Thor off the screen.

Solune

Spidey 3 was bad

What's the next third installment of a trilogy to be bad?

3rd Strike trolololol

You already forgot Spider Man 3 which had an amazing hype trailer and movie was trash.
I don't know what you're talking about guys Spiderman 3 was SOOO
BAD IT WAS
GOOOOD.
Total frames is kinda "eh" for comparison. I think the most important factor for teleports that track are recovery frames because you're obviously not going to teleport when someone's rushing you down hard. 95% of teleport situations are offensive in nature. When are against a character with a fast RECOVERY on their teleport, it lets them have better mixups on you. If you're on defense, their teleport startup shouldn't matter, because you're reacting to where you see them end up and if they recover faster, you have less time to react. Of course there's the blur on Vergil's teleport, but his fastest recovering teleport goes against conventional thinking anyway which sorta negates that...

I agree with you in that most teleports are used for offense and that overall recovery is the most important factor. And of course you're not going to do it when you're in blockstun or in the corner or something because you're gonna get stuffed. My main argument was that his teleport isn't all that fast to begin with, but it IS extremely hard to block when combined with a horizontal assist, however that's not exclusive to him. I don't know I just assumed that when one faces a teleporter they look for telltale signs of teleportation, I know that's what I do especially when facing Vergil or Wesker since online warriors like to do it raw.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh, come on! It's always funny when
at the end of the huge action sequence, Hulk punches Thor off the screen.
I think that was my favourite part of the movie. I was laughing long after everyone else had stopped laughing.

I just want to get to a point where we can use Avengers GIFs freely for Mahvel hype without fear of spoiling it for like 3 people who haven't seen the film.

Azure J

I think that was my favourite part of the movie. I was laughing long after everyone else had stopped laughing.

I just want to get to a point where we can use Avengers GIFs freely for Mahvel hype without fear of spoiling it for like 3 people who haven't seen the film.

This so much. I though Curleh 4 would have been the proper event for it, but maybe EVO is more suitable.

2 DAYS OUT!!! lets go!!!!!

See you cats at EVO!!!! Me and Sixfortyfive are together in pools! hopefully we get on stream and can put on a hype match for GAF!

Let's do this!!!!

Also- A few people have already pmd me, but if you wanna get in some games/meet up or whatever just hit me up!

shaowebb

ugh...this is just terrible. Deadpool gets a fart joke that crumples? Iron Fist gets 4 rekka chain and karate horse stance punches as a mashable even though he is Kung Fu and not "Ka-rah-tay!"

Just...just no. Besides Marvel is rebooting everything soon. Apparently the new big thing they're pushing is Havok becoming a major player, and old Uncanny X-men coming to the future and not liking who they see they will become. Well that and Captain America going out of his way to incorporate mutants into the Avengers and all the big teams to do more for the mutant community.

If we got anyone it'd be Havok, Cyclops, and likely another avenger that isn't named Antman. This whole twitter just screams badly thought out rumor trolling.

Antman, Cyclops and Servbot in a four character pack for $15? Why don't Marvel and Capcom just spit on a giant cardboard cutout of UMvC3's boxart at EVO already.

terrible rumor
I would totally pay $15 for cyclops. He says it's called uncanny edition? LMAO FAKE AS FUCK. At least this will bring some hype.
Damn... hype must be cheap as fuck if this is what gets us excited now.

I-hate-u

Same here. But, sadly, it's definitely a troll...no way they'll put Megaman now that Zero has a Megaman alt costume, that would be hella weird.

It doesn't have to be X. Could be just NES Megaman so I see no problem with Zero's X costume. Besides, have u seen Dante's and Vergil's alt? Its the same outfit with small variations. Capcom is not above that I think

Dahbomb

Only Cyclops and MM are good additions on that list.

The funny part is that this is the sort of shit I expect Capcom to pull. The fuck we need Servbot for?

Fake lists don't have shitty characters on them.

WHERE THE FUCK IS GENE???

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
The Servbot thing is indeed the thing that maybe gives it the most credibility. Feels like someone at Capcom read a most wanted character list backwards.

Iron Fist gets 4 rekka chain and karate horse stance punches as a mashable even though he is Kung Fu and not "Ka-rah-tay!"

Horse stance comes from Kung Fu and Karate was originally an okinawan martial art derived from Kung Fu. That's why it was originally called "Chinese Hand".

Only Cyclops and MM are good additions on that list.

The funny part is that this is the sort of shit I expect Capcom to pull. The fuck we need Servbot for?

Fake lists don't have shitty characters on them.

WHERE THE FUCK IS GENE???

Servbot and Antman already have models in the game. Same as Yun/Yang/E.Ryu/Oni shit.

sephi22

Why the FUCK would they want to buff current joke characters, but then add in another joke character like Servbot?

Shit makes no sense to me. We already have annoying hitboxes thanks to Spidey, Shuma, Ammy and RR. Anyone smaller than RR is game breaking

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
such bullshit. yeah lets give magneto a new move that helps his incoming mixup.
Sounds like something Capcom would do.

I don't want moves where I have to hold a button though for IM :/ Just give him a new hyper and some proper, different tools Capcom :/

The best part is the list has 3 lame characters and Megaman, who, by how it reads, its a lame conversion of MvC2 Megaman. He was fun in MvC2 but he's easily a character that needed to be reworked to be more interesting.

Dahbomb

Cyclops is not lame.

MM > Cyclops > Antman > Servbot

I am actually a bit curious as to how Antman would play out. I just hope it's not a hack job like Ghost Rider and IF were.

sephi22

Ghost Rider isn't that bad though. Definitely not a hackjob. He just needs his soulmate like Morrigan needed Doom, and he can be really annoying. Not nearly as good as morrigan tho

Cyclops is like the most played out X-man ever imo. He should only make it into the game if the roster were something like sixty characters at the minimum.

Him and Cable are two relics of the past(one of whom people want because his viper beam was broke). I tend to root for the characters that people actually liked instead of broken BS. Cyclops falls into the realm of characters that people liked unlike Cable though. That's why I can accept the requests a bit.

There are are way more interesting X-men to use nowadays. We've got like a thousand beam characters, teleport characters and SRK equipped characters as it is.

Dahbomb

Wolverine is the most played out X men character.

BEHOLD!!!!

At least this will shut up the MM fanboys. Half of the characters in the expansion are MM characters. If this undersells, we all know who to blame.

Grecco

Cyclops is one of the Pheonix Force Five, its in Marvels best interests to get him in.

Even if he looks like Nightwing

nightwing_cyclops_costume.jpg

Wolverine is the most played out X men character.
I'm so embarrassed that I missed this. Wolverine has ascended beyond being overplayed.
At least this will shut up the MM fanboys. Half of the characters in the expansion are MM characters. If this undersells, we all know who to blame.
Stop deflecting the blame. This kind of stuff is like fuel for a Capcom hater's fire. When people compare Capcom fans to beaten wives(unjustly, of course) it's because of stuff like this.

Capcom has been releasing fighting games at a shitty pace without regard for it's fanbase and the quality of these releases has not been consistent at all. Capcom is to blame for anything that happens going forward, not some invisible Megaman fans that probably gave up on the IP and company after Capcom basically took a dump on their faces.

Jesus

Dahbomb

There is no way we would've gotten 2 MM characters out of 4 were it not for the constant MM fanboy bickering out there. This whole thing sounds like a MM fanboy apology.

That blame is completely on the fanboys.

Anth0ny

Truth be told I wasn't much hyped for ASM either and was very pleasantly surprised. I also have stayed away from most rumor mill/hype train threads of TDKR as well, I have only seen trailers at the movies and that's it. If it wasn't for the 3rd comic book movie curse then I would have hyped myself up to the stratosphere with this one.

It's best to go totally dark mode with highly anticipated movies. Then again I did that with Prometheus and I still came away disappointed.

I went into Avengers, Spidey and soon Batman completely in the dark. It's a much better experience that way.

Spidey was alright. I liked 1 and 2 better, but the action scenes in Amazing were... amazing. If this Uncanny Edition shit is true, you'd think they'd push some Spidey/Avengers characters on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom