• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

He was always an attention whore. He just took it to maximum levels for Ultimate.

Yeah, I was there for all of his "riddles to reveal characters" stuff and even when you got one he'd just do something that contradicted the fact that you had gotten it right. We had Dr. Strange, Nemesis, Frank West, and Firebrand and the dude started posting stuff that screwed with it.

I literally gave up and said "im out" after one of those posts. I think I hung around during the whole thing and may have said it twice, but that guy during Ultimate was a complete irritant more than anything. It was like "nya nya I know and will give clues then I will say stuff to devalue my first clues and all of them eventually will be so contradictory and vague that any answer could be true nya nya I know and you dont."

It felt like that constantly. Nice that he leaks and hints, but the way he went about it in Ultimate was absolutely annoying. If he leaks again he should just leak it outright and if he tries giving clues only one per character in a list and thats it. Then its a discussion topic not a pay attention to what Lupinko says next at all costs topic. Dude's ego killed a lot of the joy of Ultimate's early hype for me... full leaks and Iron Fist reveal brought it all back.

Azure J

Did we do the timewarp back to March/June 2011 in here or is that just me? :lol

My reasoning for MMX being in the game or MM in general? He has a diverse set of tools and moves to choose from so that he can be a rather unique and versatile character. Sort of like a new Dante with just as crazy of a toolset.

If character archetypes was an excuse to not have popular characters in then there is no way Vergil would be in. When you break him down aside from his Spiral Swords which are really like a hybrid of Ouroborus and Spiral swords he is basically a combination of various characters already in the game. Same for X-23 and She Hulk... I mean why play X-23 when you can play Felicia, Wolverine, Jill etc.

Except MM easily has enough tools to make him a unique addition to the game. I don't know why people would be against such an iconic character being in the game, it still doesn't feel like a CAPCOM game without MM in it.

Word. :p

X wont ever be in this game. Ever. The only megaman that will be will be the legends megaman copy pasted from TvC. Original Megaman wont make it in either as they WILL NOT do a complete character overhaul. No jill doesn't count. Go fucking play Arthur or Joe if you want megaman so bad.

Sigma on the other hand would be unique and fucking awesome as long as they do his later versions and not his MMX version which would be a fucking Hayato reskin and be garbage.

QisTopTier
XisBannedTier
(Today, 08:22 PM)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Respectfully, you're a bitch.

This is a game based on fanservice. You can't just point to another character and say "he's similar enough, be happy". People want to play as Megaman, not Arthur. This is not hard to understand. This game would not be nearly as hype if all of the characters were reskinned to nobodies with the same movesets. Who the characters are matters.

justinwongmvc3grief-6in7vo.jpg

I was moreso talking in terms of people that liked to use him in MvC2 or MvC1. Of course it's a game built around fan service. I only play characters I like myself and I enjoyed Megaman. But expecting Capcom to do an overhaul of megaman is a bit of a stretch. They shit on everyone even harder by making X a Zero skin when MMZ Zero would have made more sense.

It would be awesome if they did something based off that old MM sprite moveset someone made. But the odds of that are pretty much nonexistent.

Azure J

While we're on this topic, you know another stealth reason why I wanted X over any other incarnation of MM in this one? Because if they felt generous, they could squeeze in an even more revamped TVC Roll into this one as a classic rep. That chick was bonkers in that game. That or Bass.EXE. Fuck, if Resident Evil & Street Fighter can have 4 reps each and DMC as a relative infant versus those two and the MM series can get 3 darlings in, 3 reps for the series shouldn't have been an issue and I'd be hard pressed to argue against 4 if Capcom wasn't in this weird place regarding the franchise.

I was moreso talking in terms of people that liked to use him in MvC2 or MvC1. Of course it's a game built around fan service. I only play characters I like myself and I enjoyed Megaman. But expecting Capcom to do an overhaul of megaman is a bit of a straetch. They shit on everyone even harder by making X a Zero skin when MMZ Zero would have made more sense.

It would be awesome if they did something based off that old MM sprite moveset someone made. But the odds of that are pretty much nonexistent.

To this day, I'm not sure which one was the bigger disappointment at times, no MMZ alt or the idea that the X model was used as a alt for Zero who has nothing in common with the character gameplay wise.

shaowebb

wI7cY.jpg

I was moreso talking in terms of people that liked to use him in MvC2 or MvC1. Of course it's a game built around fan service. I only play characters I like myself and I enjoyed Megaman. But expecting Capcom to do an overhaul of megaman is a bit of a stretch. They shit on everyone even harder by making X a Zero skin when MMZ Zero would have made more sense.

Fixed.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Fuck, if Resident Evil & Street Fighter can have 4 reps each and DMC as a relative infant versus those two and the MM series can get 3 darlings in, 3 reps for the series shouldn't have been an issue and I'd be hard pressed to argue against 4 if Capcom wasn't in this weird place regarding the franchise.

Honestly, we wouldn't probably have Arthur at all if this stuff wasn't going down at the time and would have gotten MvC2 megaman again. I mean they did just release MM9 and such before then. Godess Bracelet being a super the way it is doesn't even make sense.

LOL

kirblar

Reading interviews- Seth was offered a design position with Capcom, but he felt the language barrier would have neutered his effectiveness (as he'd have to move to Japan.)

LakeEarth

People also complained a lot about X23 and She Hulk being a waste of slot because they would be too much like their counterparts. Most people warmed up to the cast by the time the game was released. It was a fun ride.
That's the best part about MvC, it can make you care about characters even when its source material couldn't. It took a bit for people to figure out how good Spencer was, probably just because the lack of hype for his inclusion.

Tirael

To this day, I'm not sure which one was the bigger disappointment at times, no MMZ alt or the idea that the X model was used as a alt for Zero who has nothing in common with the character gameplay wise.

That's what I'M saying. Also it's cruel to tease us with a Mahvel-ized version of X, they polygoned him and everything, and he looks GREAT.

I don't know why people would be against such an iconic character being in the game, it still doesn't feel like a CAPCOM game without MM in it.

I think this is really the bottom line.

And so the GAF cycle spins on.

What do you think "fundamentals" means? I don't consider Felicia a good fundamentals character, nor Wolverine. To me, "fundamentals" means you can make characters like She-Hulk work because you have good patience and can find small holes. Characters like Wolverine and Felicia are built around overwhelming your opponent's senses, not finding small openings to exploit.

Felicia is something I literally picked up like 3 days ago during casual at AX and I actually thought she was pretty fun.

I play wolverine very differently (and most likely worse) than most good wolverines. I play rather patient and just go whiff punishes/air grabs. I understand wolverine isn't a fundamental character, and sorry if it came off as if I implied that.

Dahbomb

Wolverine and Felicia are fine at teaching you the fundamentals of rushing down, frame trapping, tick throwing and mixing people up. Also air grabs especially for Felicia and dive kicking.

Lupinko's teasing acts sure made the character leaks much sweeter. And without the leaks the wait would've been almost insufferable, especially finding out who made it and who didn't.

I share the sentiment that Megaman should be in the game. As iconic as Ryu, and plus there are so many things you can do with his character than with Ryu or Chun Li.

I will say after almost a year the inclusion of Vergil is still the biggest shocker to me. Because really without UMvC3 I don't think we will ever see him again in his mighty form

And I still think on Capcom's side Nemesis is a waste

Dahbomb

I went Super Saiyan when Vergil was announced.

I saw it at the airport paying like $1 a minute to surf the net and had to constantly rub my eyes and examine the pixel of the artwork to convince myself I wasn't dreaming.

Dahbomb

PSA

People are going to get hyped for EVO and such which is definitely what you should be doing but everyone should be using their words more carefully when under extreme emotions. GAF has a no censorship policy in general except against sexist/racial slurs and we all know how those words just roll off the tongue in the FGC.

I say this because people were banned in the Euro 2012 thread for basically uttering slurs (not against someone on the boards, just something they disliked) nonchalantly. I don't want people on Marvel GAF to get banned around EVO time for saying nukka too much.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
PSA

People are going to get hyped for EVO and such which is definitely what you should be doing but everyone should be using their words more carefully when under extreme emotions. GAF has a no censorship policy in general except against sexist/racial slurs and we all know how those words just roll off the tongue.

I say this because people were banned in the Euro 2012 thread for basically uttering slurs (not against someone on the boards, just something they disliked) nonchalantly. I don't want people on Marvel GAF to get banned around EVO time for saying nukka too much.

Indeed, please no more deaths in Marvel GAF

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Link?

Just got back from ASM.

Never dropping this character <3. That is how you shot web.

Everyone clamoring for a new take on Spider-Man's moveset -- something like that movie's take would be hella badass. And probably a little more accurate to the source material, since that apparently matters to Capcom/Marvel (see: Magneto's "adjustments").

random question guys....why didn't anybody play Chun Li in sf4? I never see her in tournies but she is always high on the tier lists.

I have never seen anyone put Chun Li "high" on the tier list, most tier lists puts her right in the middle. Either way the fact that even Nuki refuses to use her tells you that she's a low tier piece of crap. I see her as the Trish of SF4, she's really annoying to fight against thanks to her strong poke and tick throw game, but it's even more annoying to try and win consistently with her. Her anti air game is terrible, she gets owned by dive kicks for free, she's highly predictable, you need to work very hard to get damage with her and her wakeup game is bad.

What are you saying? He used the Z-Saber...in one game...in which it wasn't even his main weapon...yeah...

Honestly, on one hand, I really hate what they did to X for what should be obvious reasons, but on the other hand, it at least gives a better chance in the future for this guy
images

or more importantly to me, this guy
images

Indeed, please no more deaths in Marvel GAF

Yeah, although if we truly are Marvel GAF whoever dies will just come back no ttoo long after that anyways.

shaowebb

I have never seen anyone put Chun Li "high" on the tier list, most tier lists puts her right in the middle. Either way the fact that even Nuki refuses to use her tells you that she's a low tier piece of crap. I see her as the Trish of SF4, she's really annoying to fight against thanks to her strong poke and tick throw game, but it's even more annoying to try and win consistently with her. Her anti air game is terrible, she gets owned by dive kicks for free, she's highly predictable, you need to work very hard to get damage with her and her wakeup game is bad.

Which is why I RAGED last year after EVO when in an after hours casual stream Broly took on Daigo with Chun and the two went down to magic pixels on each other and the announcers of the stream didn't give a damn and wouldn't even comment about the match.

That was some hype stuff and they didn't even act like we should've cared. Broly was keeping up with Chun on Daigo and he plays with his mouth. *Respect*

Just got back from ASM.

Never dropping this character <3. That is how you shot web.

Everyone clamoring for a new take on Spider-Man's moveset -- something like that movie's take would be hella badass. And probably a little more accurate to the source material, since that apparently matters to Capcom/Marvel (see: Magneto's "adjustments").

What would you do if UMVCX came out and Spider-Man got replaced with Spider-Man 2099?

What if Spiderman was replaced with Miles Morales Spidey?

Miles is cool but I'm not super attached to him. Overall, probably less excited but whoever's got the mantle is who I'll rep as long as I play these games.

Note: I never attempted MvC2 for obvious reasons :p

http://i.imgur.com/ksEEL.jpg[/QUOTE]

As evidenced clearly here, ALL Spider-Men are bad men.

With EVO this week (even though I'm not going T_T) and Canada Cup thread launched over on SRK, I've been made very aware that I really gotta start cleaning up my team and Parker play. Too rough around the edges. That, and probably make a true alternate team so I can give people a different look. Gonna try Condor Missile's team -- I just hate Sentinel so much though. Maybe Akuma in place, but I hate him too. Cap and Tony are top tier in fun though :3 Got a couple months to get this together.

That's what time is for :D

[quote="God's Beard, post: 39461302"]I'm so fucking ready for EVO you don't even know. I'm gonna hit every panel, eat at vegas buffets and play Persona Arena ALL GODDAMN [/QUOTE]

Still insaaaaaaaaanely jealous. Have fun and do everything in that list to the MAX.

So I'm fully convinced that Vergil is the best character. No other character gives me as much headache. I just never feel like I'm control of the situation and if I kill Vergil it comes down to luck.

Here's the situation from tonight:

Me vs. HB11385
Dormammu / Doom (missiles) / Strider (vajra) vs. Vergil / Doom (missiles) / Wesker

Since he is using missiles, if they get out I can't really do much to stop his teleports. Dormammu doesn't have a great projectile and because Vergil's teleport is so fast, I'm always worrying about him popping behind me so that makes me nervous to try any sort of zoning game. I also feel like if I try to rush down with Dormammu, his HUGE attacks catch me with ease before I can even get close. So it seems I don't have good defensive or offensive options, which is why I feel kind of helpless.

I think my main problem is I don't really have a gameplan. Considering my team, what should I be doing? Or is my team just ill-equipped to deal with this? Should I try using plasma beam assist instead? HELP ME GAFERS.

smurfx

get some go again
yeah go with plasma beam to stop his doom from getting off missiles. you can also use it for cross ups ala masta cj.

Solune

So I'm fully convinced that Vergil is the best character. No other character gives me as much headache. I just never feel like I'm control of the situation and if I kill Vergil it comes down to luck.

Here's the situation from tonight:

Me vs. HB11385
Dormammu / Doom (missiles) / Strider (vajra) vs. Vergil / Doom (missiles) / Wesker

Since he is using missiles, if they get out I can't really do much to stop his teleports. Dormammu doesn't have a great projectile and because Vergil's teleport is so fast, I'm always worrying about him popping behind me so that makes me nervous to try any sort of zoning game. I also feel like if I try to rush down with Dormammu, his HUGE attacks catch me with ease before I can even get close. So it seems I don't have good defensive or offensive options, which is why I feel kind of helpless.

I think my main problem is I don't really have a gameplan. Considering my team, what should I be doing? Or is my team just ill-equipped to deal with this? Should I try using plasma beam assist instead? HELP ME GAFERS.

First, Vergil's teleport is NOT fast, it is the slowest recovering teleport in the game. Dormammu has 2 situational projectiles, Dark Matter is quite useful, Chaotic Flame is able to punish Doom, use that to your advantage when you have 2 meters. In general though Vergil does give zoners a hard time, since you have Missiles though you should be able to make him respect your Chaotic Flame, and Whiffed H after a Push Block is a free punish. So if you're afraid of Vergil rushing you down, make some breathing space first by pushblocking and punish accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom