• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

I witnessed the meltdown and it was great. Congrats to ya God's Beard for getting JoJo's Bizarre Adventure back as a fighter.(He immediately claimed the OT lol)
Now with that surprise miracle out of the way from Namco I wonder what Niitsuma has in store for us this weekend?

I witnessed the meltdown and it was great. Congrats to ya God's Beard for getting JoJo's Bizarre Adventure back as a fighter.(He immediately claimed the OT lol)
Now with that surprise miracle out of the way from Namco I wonder what Niitsuma has in store for us this weekend?
Someone else also tried to claim the OT. GB has competition!

Rival Schools with some luck. I feel like Capcom has been making too many versus fighters. I'd like to see Niitsuma get his hands on an IP that is not beholden to non Capcom interests like Capcom's other older IP for once.

Something where they don't have to worry about extra licensing costs or character rosters would be real nice and it'd probably give Eighting a lot more breathing room.

Horseress

Am I the only one who would love the name "Uncanny Edition"? An reference to the classic comic series, with the addiction of Cyclops in the game, sounds perfect to me
Yes, I still believe

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Am I the only one who would love the name "Uncanny Edition"? An reference to the classic comic series, with the addiction of Cyclops in the game, sounds perfect to me
Yes, I still believe

NO, NO, NO, NO AND DEFINITELY NO!

I don't believe it at all because I knew it's fake. Also Servbot.. It's waste of slot, imo.

JazzmanZ

4 characters only 2 people actually want? Well it's 2 more than Ultimate's update. Fake news is fake.

That's your logic? only 4 characters? that's not exactly something that's never happened before you know. Street fighter Arcade edition only gave us 4 characters and two of them were just Ryu and Akuma in souped up gear.

Dahbomb

IIRC, Capcom cant release Xmen vs Street Fighter because of licencing issues. MSH vs SF should have been possible though.
Activision has the rights to the X men games? I forgot which game studios has the right to X men these days. Still feels weird.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Activision has the rights to the X men games? I forgot which game studios has the right to X men these days. Still feels weird.

Last X-Men game was the dreadful X-Men: Destiny by Silicon Knights, indeed published by Activision. Wolverine game was quite good though.

DR2K

Banned
That's your logic? only 4 characters? that's not exactly something that's never happened before you know. Street fighter Arcade edition only gave us 4 characters and two of them were just Ryu and Akuma in souped up gear.

They're 2 characters away from matching MVC2, and if the 8 new fighters rumor was true it would have surpassed MVC2.

Sigmaah

So I guess Niitsuma said on twitter that he's heard the rumors and he said even though they're very detailed, it's all a hoax. Oh well, maybe a diff expansion will come since they're now releasing mvc1.

Yes, I still believe
I, too, love the name.

NO, NO, NO, NO AND DEFINITELY NO!

I don't believe it at all because I knew it's fake. Also Servbot.. It's waste of slot, imo.
<3 Servbot.

Capcom just announced MVC1 and Marvel Super Heroes coming to PSN/XBLA later this year..................
Is that good or bad? :-/

So I guess Niitsuma said on twitter that he's heard the rumors and he said even though they're very detailed, it's all a hoax. Oh well, maybe a diff expansion will come since they're now releasing mvc1.
You "guess"? Where's the link?

Horseress

The major thing that keeps my hopes up is that 2012 is Megaman's year on Capcom, so that's a damn good reason to put him in the game

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
New feature: Galactus appears as he did in Fantastic four rise of the silver surfer.

Would also explain why Deadpool has gotten a fart move according to that twitter account.

Dahbomb

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/...m=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+gameranx+(Gameranx)

596680-gif_bane_1_and_here_we_go.gif

Dahbomb

BTW there is no actual proof on that site. It's all just a big fat twitter rumor at this time. Thankfully it's a time locked rumor.

After running through multiple translators, Babylon translation (http://translation.babylon.com/japanese/to-english/) gives this:

Go to the United States doesn't know well before the information. It's wonderful to fine-grained announced to all but it's a lie.
CAW says that this is an accurate translation, and he's fluent in Japanese:
"Before leaving for America, I've noticed there's been some unusual rumors lately. While very detailed, it's all false."

JazzmanZ

There isn't going to be another MvC3 edition.

Megaman is not going to be playable in MvC3.

Servbot is not getting playable either.

and yet I keep thinking this will happen ;-;

why gaf.

Does anybody really expect the Marvel Origin to do well? I mean we are talking about a niche of an niche here. Almost no casual fan is going to want to pick this up right? Not with Marvel 2 and 3 available. All of the characters and move sets are in Marvel 2 so from that prespective there isn't much new to the people who haven't played them before either. Plus online will be dead in weeks.

The dream is dead.
You hated the roster. :p

Does anybody really expect the Marvel Origin to do well? I mean we are talking about a niche of an niche here. Almost no casual fan is going to want to pick this up right? Not with Marvel 2 and 3 available. All of the characters and move sets are in Marvel 2 so from that prespective there isn't much new to the people who haven't played them before either. Plus online will be dead in weeks.
Indeed.

Regardless, let us not forget that Niitsuma is coming to Evo, and we have a panel with him on it. Undoubtedly there will be interesting things to be said about Capcom fighting games in the future.

JazzmanZ

Lets not forget Niitsuma is a terrible liar when it comes to MvC3.

He said Sentinel was not in the game prior to his reveal.

Claimed Strider was not a good fit for MvC3.

Also said they couldn't get Ghost rider in due to not being able to make a moveset with his bike.

so yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom