• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets not forget Niitsuma is a terrible liar when it comes to MvC3.
No he's not.

He said Sentinel was not in the game prior to his reveal.
This was never, ever said.

Claimed Strider was not a good fit for MvC3.
There's a difference between an outright lie and trying to give a reason to fans as to why their favorite character did not get in, and not being able to come up with a good one besides the most honest, which would piss everyone off: "There's not enough room".

Also said they couldn't get Ghost rider in due to not being able to make a moveset with his bike.

so yeah.
Same as Strider.

LakeEarth

Does anybody really expect the Marvel Origin to do well? I mean we are talking about a niche of an niche here. Almost no casual fan is going to want to pick this up right? Not with Marvel 2 and 3 available. All of the characters and move sets are in Marvel 2 so from that prespective there isn't much new to the people who haven't played them before either. Plus online will be dead in weeks.

I am in the "played it on MAME years ago and will buy out of guilt" category.

Does anybody really expect the Marvel Origin to do well? I mean we are talking about a niche of an niche here. Almost no casual fan is going to want to pick this up right? Not with Marvel 2 and 3 available. All of the characters and move sets are in Marvel 2 so from that prespective there isn't much new to the people who haven't played them before either. Plus online will be dead in weeks.
I expect it to do well. It's the most stylish of the Mahvel games and one of the most recognizable ones to boot. I expect to outsell Third Strike online edition so long as Capcom doesn't give it the famous treatment that the MvC3 games got.

Dahbomb

He also said that Dante and Trish were the only DMC characters in the game and there would be no Vergil.

But I still believed.

DR2K

Banned
He specificlly said there would be no more characters from Darkstalkers after Felicia was revealed. Technically he was telling the truth.

He specificlly said there would be no more characters from Darkstalkers after Felicia was revealed. Technically he was telling the truth.
I think the actual quote was something like "I cannot fit any more Darkstalkers into the game than I already have" in response to some of the tweets for characters like Talbain. Somehow people turned that into "there won't be a third Darkstalkers character in the game".

Basically, if someone thinks Niitsuma lied, it was either:
1) An obligatory lie, such as why he couldn't tell us at the time why The Human Torch wasn't in the game.
2) A faux explanatory lie because fans want "reasons" for their characters not being in.
3) Someone misreading his statements.

He's never outright lied, though, as far as I know. By that, I mean he has never said "X is true" when X is false.

DR2K

Banned
I think the actual quote was something like "I cannot fit any more Darkstalkers into the game than I already have" in response to some of the tweets for characters like Talbain. Somehow people turned that into "there won't be a third Darkstalkers character in the game".

Basically, if someone thinks Niitsuma lied, it was either:
1) An obligatory lie, such as why he couldn't tell us at the time why The Human Torch wasn't in the game.
2) A faux explanatory lie because fans want "reasons" for their characters not being in.
3) Someone misreading his statements.

He's never outright lied, though, as far as I know. By that, I mean he has never said "X is true" when X is false.

Ah well we're still waiting on that 3rd DS character.

Morrigan disagrees.

EDIT: Now I think you were trolling and I didn't get it lol

Morrigan was revealed before Felicia. I am trolling that chick with down syndrome dressed as Hsienko.

Lulubop

I'm not sure if many people caught this at the SBO qualifier on Saturday, but after the event Markman got on the mic and said something along the lines Capcom really listens to feedback from the fans. Now whether that be Marvel related or the changes coming to SFxT is the question.

Horseress

I'm not sure if many people caught this at the SBO qualifier on Saturday, but after the event Markman got on the mic and said something along the lines of expecting a few surprises at the Evo Capcom panel, which we already knew but he also said that Capcom really listens. Now whether that be Marvel related or the changes coming to SFxT is the question.

I hope for both ^^

I'm not sure if many people caught this at the SBO qualifier on Saturday, but after the event Markman got on the mic and said something along the lines of expecting a few surprises at the Evo Capcom panel, which we already knew but he also said that Capcom really listens. Now whether that be Marvel related or the changes coming to SFxT is the question.
Always a dangerous claim. Listens to who?

mr. puppy

Banned
i want to see combofiend vs. abegen go down. they both roll very similar strategies with pretty mediocre team synergy while relying on TODs and hi health to roll through opponents, along with an anchor that only they can make work.

Dahbomb

i want to see combofiend vs. abegen go down. they both roll very similar strategies with pretty mediocre team synergy while relying on TODs and hi health to roll through opponents, along with an anchor that only they can make work.
Team synergy is NOT mediocre on either of those team. In fact team synergy on both of those team is what keeps them competitive.

I'm not sure if many people caught this at the SBO qualifier on Saturday, but after the event Markman got on the mic and said something along the lines Capcom really listens to feedback from the fans. Now whether that be Marvel related or the changes coming to SFxT is the question.
Why did you edit your post?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The stripping was lame. BLOODIA PUNCH was hot shit. I used to spam the hell out of Blodia Vulcan cause of the first person thing it did.

I've seen sprites of Jin where he had a sword but I don't remember him using it at all in the game. Is it some sort of secret move or intro or soemthing?

edit- yeah this

iHSclLrcmXt2G.png

I don't remember seeing this ingame at all. Maybe it's a fake or something.

Turlast

Banned
He only pulls his sword out during his victory pose. He prepares to slice the downed opponent right before it goes to the victory screen with the win quote.

mr. puppy

Banned
Team synergy is NOT mediocre on either of those team. In fact team synergy on both of those team is what keeps them competitive.

kill the beam you kill the team. i don't care how good the dhc synergy or mixup synergy is, they fall apart if you start snapping in their only good assist. the neutral on both of those teams is really bad, its just they're both godlike players.

Sigmaah

What time is the panel tomorrow? I want this rumor to be true but I also don't want it to be true, DA FAQ IS WRONG WITH ME?!?!

Dahbomb

kill the beam you kill the team. i don't care how good the dhc synergy or mixup synergy is, they fall apart if you start snapping in their only good assist. the neutral on both of those teams is really bad, its just they're both godlike players.
But that applies to most teams anyway.

Snap in Ammy on Zak's team, Firebrand and Dorm are dead weights without a good assist.

Snap in Magneto on WVM, Wesker and Vergil are without a beam. Same for the MastaCJ team.

Snap in Akuma on a Wolverine team, Wolverine has limited mix ups and rushdown capability.

Snap in Sentinel on Fanatiq's team, Magneto and Storm without good a assist for mix ups and neutral.

Besides what the hell are you going to do snapping in Taskmaster or Thor on their teams? It's not like they are low health characters you need to finish them off with at least a reset or high resource drain. That is totally not worth the initial snap back especially if that means you have to deal with a dark She Hulk or a dark Spencer later on. You only really snap in low health, assist + anchor characters as the snap back basically pays for itself if you get the hit in.

The neutral on the team is basically dictated by their horizontal assists which is good enough in the game. At the very least it keeps Hidden Missiles and Drones in check some what. People have done better with worse assists in the game.

mr. puppy

Banned
But that applies to most teams anyway.

Snap in Ammy on Zak's team, Firebrand and Dorm are dead weights without a good assist.

Snap in Magneto on WVM, Wesker and Vergil are without a beam. Same for the MastaCJ team.

Snap in Akuma on a Wolverine team, Wolverine has limited mix ups and rushdown capability.

Snap in Sentinel on Fanatiq's team, Magneto and Storm without good a assist for mix ups and neutral.

Besides what the hell are you going to do snapping in Taskmaster or Thor on their teams? It's not like they are low health characters you need to finish them off with at least a reset or high resource drain. That is totally not worth the initial snap back especially if that means you have to deal with a dark She Hulk or a dark Spencer later on. You only really snap in low health, assist + anchor characters as the snap back basically pays for itself if you get the hit in.

The neutral on the team is basically dictated by their horizontal assists which is good enough in the game. At the very least it keeps Hidden Missiles and Drones in check some what. People have done better with worse assists in the game.

every team you're showing has there assists in anchor position. kill the point character on either of abegen or combos teams and you have a mixup on a beam character that is backed by a useless assist.

Dahbomb

every team you're showing has there assists in anchor position. kill the point character on either of abegen or combos teams and you have a mixup on a beam character that is backed by a useless assist.
Pretty sure MastaCJ uses Magneto 2nd and banks on Wesker anchor. Same for Chou and Andre.

Also a lot of players who use Doom use him second for Hidden Missiles. Shutting down Missiles on a team also cripples it. I say same for Zero and Dante + Jam Session but lol who is going to snap out Zero to snap in his assist.

Capcom has broken me. I no longer believe anything they say unless I have hard evidence presented to me. Words mean nothing, because Capcom lies.

I used to believe. Now my cold, cynical heart believes in nothing anymore.

Ahh, Capcom of this gen surely has broken me many a times the last couple of years. I am with you brother. Between the constant Mega Man jokes and AAI2 not getting localized, I feel your pain. Just be glad your not a Monster Hunter fan.

Ahh, Capcom of this gen surely has broken me many a times the last couple of years. I am with you brother. Between the constant Mega Man jokes and AAI2 not getting localized, I feel your pain. Just be glad your not a Monster Hunter fan.

Actually, I was thrilled that MML3 got cancelled. I was sad about AAI2, but THAT news cheered me right back up.

I also never liked Monster Hunter after playing the demo. It felt like Phantasy Star Portable, but with worse controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom