• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

Actually, I was thrilled that MML3 got cancelled. I was sad about AAI2, but THAT news cheered me right back up.

You know, even though I'm one of the rare few MM fans in Mahvel GAF that had the clarity of mind to "deal_with_it.gif" when this happened and could eventually play into the jokes about how dead the series is, I still have to wonder about the people who legitimately got hyped from the cancellation...

WHAT DID WE EVER DO TO YOU? ;_;

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I wasn't annoyed with Megaman fans until after MML3 got canceled.

Hell I enjoy Megaman but it wasn't the end of the world when MML3 was canceled.

Azure J

This much I'll give you though, even if the blame goes both ways on the matter. The MM fan base ruined a lot of things that were legitimately just jokes or cool nods and made themselves the laughingstock of the past year.

Edit since Mahvel-OT is slow and I don't want to double post: I'm playing Viewtiful Joe for the first time ever right now (don't hurt me plz) and I'm really warming up to the character. I wonder what a Team Clover (Joe (Shocking Pink)/Dante (Jam Session)/Ammy (Cold Shots)) would be like in effectiveness. Anyone wanna talk on it?

is there anyway we will get new colors for the ALT costumes? shit sucks that there is only one =(
It does suck.

DmC....

'NUFF SAID!!!

Tomorrow is judgment day for Sephi. Is it going to be DmC Dante or Servbot avatar?
Wasn't the bet "before the year is done", or something? Where's the Servbot avatar?

Actually, I was thrilled that MML3 got cancelled. I was sad about AAI2, but THAT news cheered me right back up.

I also never liked Monster Hunter after playing the demo. It felt like Phantasy Star Portable, but with worse controls.
Monster Hunter is one of the great games in our current generation, but it's definitely not for everyone. I spent over 500 hours on MHT. It's so goddamn good, but it's the kind of game that rewards intelligence and patient play, not non-stop action like Bayonetta or DMC.

Just put it into perspective. There was a 10 year gap between MML2 and the MML3 announcement. Hmm, what other game is like that? Oh right, MvC3. Imagine if Capcom came out and said the following:
1) After 10 years, you get MvC3!
2) We're going to let you guys pick the characters.
3) We're working on a demo to let you all try it out for feedback!
4) We decided to cancel the game instead.

I hate Volnutt, remember that. Yet I completely sympathize with how frustrating it must be to have a sequel to one of your favorite series canceled after 10 years of vacancy. You bet your ass I'd be swearing off a cliff enough to cause an avalanche if the same thing happened to Marvel.

This much I'll give you though, even if the blame goes both ways on the matter. The MM fan base ruined a lot of things that were legitimately just jokes or cool nods and made themselves the laughingstock of the past year.

Edit since Mahvel-OT is slow and I don't want to double post: I'm playing Viewtiful Joe for the first time ever right now (don't hurt me plz) and I'm really warming up to the character. I wonder what a Team Clover (Joe (Shocking Pink)/Dante (Jam Session)/Ammy (Cold Shots)) would be like in effectiveness. Anyone wanna talk on it?
Really good synergy, IMO. With two of the longest THCs in the game, I bet you can do some sick stuff.

Dahbomb

Wasn't the bet "before the year is done", or something? Where's the Servbot avatar?
Bet was before EVO 2013, I still have 1 year left for a patch. Tomorrow if they announce a patch or expansion, avatar is changed.

The Servbot avatar is just some random Servbot pic I found on google. I would make him wear it if the Uncanny edition is true.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Just put it into perspective. There was a 10 year gap between MML2 and the MML3 announcement. Hmm, what other game is like that? Oh right, MvC3. Imagine if Capcom came out and said the following:
1) After 10 years, you get MvC3!
2) We're going to let you guys pick the characters.
3) We're working on a demo to let you all try it out for feedback!
4) We decided to cancel the game instead.

The guy who has been open about wanting making the game over those ten years left a bit before the game was canceled. It was clear once Keiji left the project was donezo.

And even if they did continue on with where they were with it (from the sounds of it, was barely anything) it wouldn't have had that much Inafune influence anyway.

The guy who has been open about wanting making the game over those ten years left a bit before the game was canceled. It was clear once Keiji left the project was donezo.

And even if they did continue on with where they were with it (from the sounds of it, was barely anything) it wouldn't have had that much Inafune influence anyway.
Regardless of those two things, surely you can understand why the fans of that game would be so devastated about its cancellation. I'm not sure how those bits are relevant, actually.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It doesn't sound like it'd be any good since the guy who has been wanting to make it for so damn long left very early in production.

Like whenever the "when are you making MML3?" thing comes up he'd say something along the lines of "yeah money issues and etc etc etc..... I have a few ideas for the game". Whatever those ideas may have been, even if they were put in by the remaining team, well wouldn't be put together by him so it probably wouldn't be the same.

Those are why I didn't really care all that much once I heard it was canceled. The writing was on the wall once Inafune left.

But yeah they probably should be sorta mad that it happened. But the ridiculous rumors about MM fans being removed from Capcom's booth at Comic-con and the whole being livid over the MM references in UMVC3 made me not really enjoy MM fans.

It doesn't sound like it'd be any good since the guy who has been wanting to make it for so damn long left very early in production.

Like whenever the "when are you making MML3?" thing comes up he'd say something along the lines of "yeah money issues and etc etc etc..... I have a few ideas for the game". Whatever those ideas may have been, even if they were put in by the remaining team, well wouldn't be put together by him so it probably wouldn't be the same.

Those are why I didn't really care all that much once I heard it was canceled. The writing was on the wall once Inafune left.

But yeah they probably should be sorta mad that it happened. But the ridiculous rumors about MM fans being removed from Capcom's booth at Comic-con and the whole being livid over the MM references in UMVC3 made me not really enjoy MM fans.
I think it's fair. Also, when Inafune left he talked to folks above him, saying something like "If you need any advice or help on the titles I was working on, please let me know and I'd be glad to help", and the response was "That won't be necessary". I'm sure Capcom could have kept him on a contract basis for a small fee for an advisory role. It's Capcom's own fault they bleed talent left and right.

A new game can be a proper successor without the originator's input, as well. Capcom just makes bad decisions. I think, if it were merely canceled, people wouldn't have been upset. What made the cancellation mind-bogglingly stupid to me was the whole "fan creation" aspect. That's just not something you do.

shaowebb

I mained Tekkaman in TvC and regret nothing. I own the really bad VHS dubs of that series (all both before it was cancelled). I'm a fan of the character because of how God Awful that anime was in English. I actually hosted the equivalent of a drinking game at an all ages anime convention using that series. I used candy and the intention was to make everyone sick.

The rules.

1. If anyone states the obvious you eat some candy.
  2. If anyone does anything "flamboyant" you eat some candy.
  3. If anyone says "Space" you eat some candy.

For an idea of how INSANE this is here is a clip of that series.
I crushed their tummies in under 7 minutes :D
BONUS Scene! Andro the pimped out guy with a blond afro, bell bottoms and popped collar eats something questionable from the floor!

And the pimped out guy was meant to be the "badass cool guy" on the show XD
Didn't help their main enemy had tits on his head either...
VSy4y.jpg

Tekkaman main for life. I also played Roll. They did absolutely nothing for each other, but I was never serious back then anyways.

Grecco

I mained Tekkaman Blade for pretty much the same reasons. We had terrible dubbed versions of that show air here when i was younger so i knew i had to play him.

I also played Zero cause he was broken as shit.

shaowebb

I mained Tekkaman Blade for pretty much the same reasons. We had terrible dubbed versions of that show air here when i was younger so i knew i had to play him.

I also played Zero cause he was broken as shit.

TEKNO POWAH!!!!
Lol. Yeah I had the same bad "Teknoman" dub as a kid on fox 11 every Sunday. It was so bad I bought the DVD box set of it to inflict on others. I should have ran them together, but Roll was so fun to troll with given her heal, OTG stuff with the broom, bucket, and especially her ridiculously adorable uber-quick taunt where she flexes and asks you to wait while she poses.

Yeah I played that game to troll more than to actually play.

You know, even though I'm one of the rare few MM fans in Mahvel GAF that had the clarity of mind to "deal_with_it.gif" when this happened and could eventually play into the jokes about how dead the series is, I still have to wonder about the people who legitimately got hyped from the cancellation...

WHAT DID WE EVER DO TO YOU? ;_;

I wasn't thrilled that MML3 got cancelled but I was annoyed when it was announced. The series was dying and desperately needed a Fallout 3/Metriod Prime reinvention to stay relevant, yet Inafune was going all self-indulgent and making a sequel for a series that never sold well. What are the odds of MML3 not being another sales flop and being the nail to the Megaman francise coffin? It's the prime example of how Inafune killed the Megaman series by his terrible management.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I loved Teknoman Blade as a kid. Think we got a different dub than the American one. I remember looking stuff up online and the names were all different. Like Blade was called Slade and such in the US one.

JazzmanZ

Secretly Niitsuma actually is announcing a new UMvC3 expansion.

Only the secret 4 characters are: Bone claw Wolverine, Roll, Jubilee and Ken

Secretly Niitsuma actually is announcing a new UMvC3 expansion.

Only the secret 4 characters are: Bone claw Wolverine, Roll, Jubilee and Ken
A part of me would sacrifice those three awesome characters just to keep Ken out of the game.

Yes, bone claw wolvie is awesome. I bet people would make hilarious jokes about a second Logan making it into the game and no Megaman on the roster lol.

DR2K

Banned
A part of me would sacrifice those three awesome characters just to keep Ken out of the game.

Yes, bone claw wolvie is awesome. I bet people would make hilarious jokes about a second Logan making it into the game and no Megaman on the roster lol.

Give Roll a Megaman outfit. Same playstyle too. Unless it's the godly TVC Roll.

shaowebb

Give Roll a Megaman outfit. Same playstyle too. Unless it's the godly TVC Roll.

Could you imagine the DHC potential with her? You could summon assists to snatch that healing orb when she prays to heal your reserve character. Heal/Xfactor Cancel/ Heal + assist snatch would be Godlike if you could pull it off. You'd go from having tagged out a nearly dead point character to a full team again and X-factor Roll. Plus that OTG hyper would be great too. It cornered guys and could follow up just about anything.

Solune

Fuck Bone Wolvie, I'd take Ken anyday. Especially if they included some badass remix of his MSH vs SF theme

Mit-

I know I'm desperate :(

Why would they give up supporting the current second most popular fighting game in the world? It must be a really huge pain working with those Marvel licenses.

I'll just leave this here as well
The sad thing is that if he does anything but win, people will call him a fraud. I hope he rattles cages further, though.

I know I'm desperate :(

Why would they give up supporting the current second most popular fighting game in the world? It must be a really huge pain working with those Marvel licenses.
Don't assume it's abandoned yet. Now, if we go through the panel tomorrow and hear nothing, then you can assume it's abandoned - haha.

Mit-

The sad thing is that if he does anything but win, people will call him a fraud. I hope he rattles cages further, though.

Don't assume it's abandoned yet. Now, if we go through the panel tomorrow and hear nothing, then you can assume it's abandoned - haha.

I don't know, that tweet from Niitsuma was prettying damning to me. But with the Marvel vs. Capcom Origins announcement, I do still have some hope.

Mit-

What Tweet?

https://twitter.com/Ryota_Niitsuma/status/220720718994874368

After running through multiple translators, Babylon translation (http://translation.babylon.com/japanese/to-english/) gives this:

Go to the United States doesn't know well before the information. It's wonderful to fine-grained announced to all but it's a lie.

Sounds like something along the lines of "In the US they like to get excited by rumors. That rumor is great and detailed, but it's a lie."

Zissou

https://twitter.com/Ryota_Niitsuma/status/220720718994874368

Sounds like something along the lines of "In the US they like to get excited by rumors. That rumor is great and detailed, but it's a lie."

I speak OK japanese and the previous translation that people mentioned is accurate- he said 'the rumor is very detailed, but it is a lie.' This doesn't necessarily mean that an update isn't coming, just that this particular person is pulling shit out of their ass.

Dahbomb

Kusuro discovered dhc glitch not kubo.

If this tech helps defensive play in marvel like it implies it could be a complete game changer. Maybe even for the better but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom