• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao @ Fanatiq and Hiro on the FGtv stream.

Man the light ups during the stream...
lol.gif

smurfx

get some go again
I haven't seen Viscant play in a while... he's using Zero/Strange/Doom right now at Box Arena. Is that his normal team these days?
i knew he used zero and doom but i didn't know about strange. man i just had some pretty good matches against honzo gonzo. did much better this time than the other times. his hawkeye just shits on my team. well hawkeye is a bad match up but the way he plays just screws up my zoning.

I haven't seen Viscant play in a while... he's using Zero/Strange/Doom right now at Box Arena. Is that his normal team these days?

He plays a lot of teams, he was using Zero/Doom/Phoenix, Zero/Wesker/Doom and Wolverine/Wesker/Hawkeye previously. And now a bunch of new teams today. Yeah it seems basically he's still not sure what team he wants to play, but a Phoenix team is still probably his first choice.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Wtf.

Playing against probably the worst Taskmaster known to man. You know, the type with the "I'm going to either f+H or b+H and that's it" mentality.

Shield Skills beats Piercing Bolt.

Vertical Legion Arrows beat Hawkeye's level 3 too :(

Gamma Charge also seems to beat out Piercing Bolt, but luckily I remembered about Dead Arrow in time.

LakeEarth

Wtf.

Playing against probably the worst Taskmaster known to man. You know, the type with the "I'm going to either f+H or b+H and that's it" mentality.
When you know you're playing against someone shitty, I always forget my setups and strategies, and just wait for him to mess up. With Taskmaster I usually bait them into b+H, they ALWAYS delay launcher so you keep blocking, and then punish as hard as I can.

That Vergil video makes me want to learn him, but other than Doom, I always migrate to the easy to play, no time to learn characters.

Alright, I've decided I'm going to learn Morrigan.

Who are the best meter builders in the game?

Also, is srk the best place to go to, to learn?

If you have a decent on point character, you can leave Morrigan in the back with the meter building assist. She is straight dangerous with Xfactor and Astral Vision.

The MvC3 community in SRK is welcoming and helpful. Ask any question and you are certain to get some answers.

As for the best meter builders in the game there isn't one but off the top of my head the ones usually mentioned as battery characters goes something like Felicia, Wolverine, Dante, Magneto, Doom, X23, Wesker, Zero, Spencer, Ghost Rider, Ammy and Spiderman. Morrigan herself builds meter very well and don't need a battery to be effective.

If you have a decent on point character, you can leave Morrigan in the back with the meter building assist. She is straight dangerous with Xfactor and Astral Vision.

That's how I was thinking of playing Morrigan, as the anchor. For some reason though, I didn't consider having her with the meter assist though. xD I guess that would be the easiest way to do it though. I'll think it over some. Thanks.

The MvC3 community in SRK is welcoming and helpful. Ask any question and you are certain to get some answers.

As for the best meter builders in the game there isn't one but off the top of my head the ones usually mentioned as battery characters goes something like Felicia, Wolverine, Dante, Magneto, Doom, X23, Wesker, Zero, Spencer, Ghost Rider, Ammy and Spiderman. Morrigan herself builds meter very well and don't need a battery to be effective.

Cool cool, I'll go there then for the in depth stuff.

Hmm, interesting list. I know Magneto, Dante, and Doom have combos for days. Is that why all the others are on the list? Basically, what exactly is the criteria for the characters being a good battery?

Grecco

Wtf.

Vertical Legion Arrows beat Hawkeye's level 3 too :(

Gamma Charge also seems to beat out Piercing Bolt, but luckily I remembered about Dead Arrow in time.

Shield Skills is reeeeeeeeeeally good though, and Spidey Swing is also a throw option select so why not abuse it

Dahbomb

The character forums at SRK is a good place to get some information. Check the general videos, discussions and combos before asking any questions because it might be answered within those threads. It might take a while to get an answer out. Don't ask about specific character information in the general section though.

Basically, what exactly is the criteria for the characters being a good battery?
Doesn't need meter to get game plan going, can do solid damage without spending meter and has good reset/mix up games so that the character can kill off of one mix up without even spending a meter (like X-23) OR has solid enough keep away that he builds meter just keeping people out (like Ghost Rider). I would add Iron Fist to that list too.

A lot of characters fulfill that criteria. Some require assists to be effective and are played on point to be batteries. Other characters are deadlier with meter or XF or their assist is good, so they are played down the order. An example is Vergil. Some of the best DHC options in the game meaning you want him 2nd to change the tide of battle. With meter his potential sky rockets to even higher than some of the S tier characters. With XF he is obscenely scary of course. Finally his assists are decent enough to play him down the order. He is a character where I would always recommend him 2nd on your team.

smurfx

get some go again
Wtf.

does it really? does task still get damage or he just goes through it? if he can really go through piercing bolt then that would help me out against hawkeye matches.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
does it really? does task still get damage or he just goes through it? if he can really go through piercing bolt then that would help me out against hawkeye matches.
I spaced it out so I wouldn't get hit by a shield skills if it went through. I need to test it out, I might have aimed it right above him or something.

Also Grecco he was using those 2 moves as his means to move around the stage lol. Though it just might of been his way of dealing with zoning.

Grecco

I spaced it out so I wouldn't get hit by a shield skills if it went through. I need to test it out, I might have aimed it right above him or something.

Also Grecco he was using those 2 moves as his means to move around the stage lol. Though it just might of been his way of dealing with zoning.

Other than wave dashing around those 2 moves are the moves i use to move too :/

Doesn't need meter to get game plan going, can do solid damage without spending meter and has good reset/mix up games so that the character can kill off of one mix up without even spending a meter (like X-23) OR has solid enough keep away that he builds meter just keeping people out (like Ghost Rider). I would add Iron Fist to that list too.

Ah, okay. I think I know how to approach this now. Thanks guys.

Also

PSN: Platinum_Milk <------- Free Wins

Shield Skills should just go right through it since it's just Charging Star, and Piercing Bolt is still a regular projectile.

Bizazedo

i'm not giving you any tips on how to beat me. :p

You're not the issue. Don't make mistakes versus you is all since that's where the majority of your damage comes from (dropped combo into Haggar into combo, etc.). None of your combos ToD.

I said point Haggar.

Grecco said:
Air throws are your best friend when your opponent gets brain dead with his pipes, which is quite common for Haggar players.

Yeah. Zero doesn't feel fast enough for it.

mr. puppy

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE2tRK1LIq0&feature=player_embedded <-- Round Trip mix ups/unblockable set ups video

He missed a few including the very popular and effective teleport after getting an airborne enemy to block Round Trip and then dash under. Or fake the dash under or do a double teleport. You also have more tricky options if you opt to Devil Trigger cancel the Round Trip throw.

oh god i'm steeling all this shit and forcing it to work with hidden missiles

Dahbomb

Winter Brawl is this weekend... anyone have list of players available? Curious to see the West Coast players in attendance.

Stuff to look out for:

*PRBalrog and his anti-Zero technology/play. He has been in the lab practicing against the Maverick hunter.

*Morrigans. Dieminion will be repping along with a few other players. ChrisG will have Morrigan as his B team, mostly for counter pick purposes.

*More, better Vergil players. Zeus might be in attendance and Yipes has been rumored to be in the lab with the Dark Slayer.

*After a poor showing at LI Bar Brawl, EMP has to come back with a force.

*Mayor of Earth.

*More control play against Dark Wesker. Still expect to see enough of them to ruin your day.

*Return of DJHoushen?

*First major for Bum? I wouldn't count on it.

*MarlinPie... will he choke yet again?

*JUSTIN WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! Will he defend his title?

*RayRay wants that salty runback with JWong.

*FC Jago vs Remix.... if that match happens it would be godlike. Too bad Remix would never make it that high in the brackets.

*Noel "best in the world" Brown poppin' off and being godly. Possibly top 3.

*MastaCJ will body a shit load of people with Dorm teleport + Disruptor. People will get salty.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
You're not the issue. Don't make mistakes versus you is all since that's where the majority of your damage comes from (dropped combo into Haggar into combo, etc.). None of your combos ToD.

I said point Haggar.

Yeah. Zero doesn't feel fast enough for it.

Hey yo smurf you gonna take that?
crosses fingers for a grudge match

Other than wave dashing around those 2 moves are the moves i use to move too :/

This guy's means of moving in on the ground was to shield skills X100. And when he did get in? Shield Skills again!

I still don't get how my level 3 was beaten out by legion arrows. Does the level 3 even have durability? I guess so.

Bizazedo

Hey yo smurf you gonna take that?

Hey now ;). In a way, it's a compliment.

He is easily the most patient Marvel player I've ever played against and the way he plays his team matches up extremely well with mine since I don't rely on assists to get in. Hence, keep away is my natural enemy.

As opposed to a more balanced team like Killa Sasa wields.

dankir

Wow the Vita version is fucking dope. It's pretty damn identical to the console. The only thing I've noticed is that there's a slightly longer delay when you perform a hyper. But wow it's really really well done.

Tobe

Wow the Vita version is fucking dope. It's pretty damn identical to the console. The only thing I've noticed is that there's a slightly longer delay when you perform a hyper. But wow it's really really well done.
Can you post hitboxes???

Dahbomb

It's the best in terms of feature. It also has the FULL cinematic opening.

smurfx

get some go again
You mean you think his Haggar is garbage and you hate smurf's guts.

Embrace The Hate
even i'll admit my haggar is pretty crappy. :p although i've been thinking of dropping haggar in the 2nd spot and using zero as my anchor. i do much better when haggar is backed by zero's assist. plus i can otg off of throws and command grabs. i also want to start doing team hypers when i'm using haggar. i never ever do them at the end of some of his combos and i'm missing out on lots of damage by doing so.

Bizazedo

Honestly, smurf, I'd say you have a lot of room to grow your team. The combos you do with Zero and Task I know are sub-optimal and I suspect the same of Haggar (don't know enough about him) and you STILL perform well.

Imagine if you did the bigger Zero combos or Task ones :).

Like, what's the max damage on your Zero stuff right now?

smurfx

get some go again
Honestly, smurf, I'd say you have a lot of room to grow your team. The combos you do with Zero and Task I know are sub-optimal and I suspect the same of Haggar (don't know enough about him) and you STILL perform well.

Imagine if you did the bigger Zero combos or Task ones :).

Like, what's the max damage on your Zero stuff right now?
like 650k. i can actually do a lot of stuff with haggar but the only problem i have is opening people up and getting the right hyper when i use it. -_- although i think i've fixed that somewhat now. at least his stomach press i can now get when i want.

Dahbomb

650K off of a Zero combo?

syQ0A.gif

I WISH he did that much. Would put him on par with Strider/RR/Firebrand where he should be in terms of damage rating.

smurfx

get some go again
Grecco's cosplayer is better. The amount of photoshop work in this one is making my eyes spin.

I wanted to say something, but I didn't want to sound like a douche. Hell, I can get 600k with Hsien-Ko if I try really hard lol.
my assists don't really help extend his combos. btw i'm talking very basic combos. i haven't learned any of his more advanced combos. my zero is very average and i mostly just zone with him.

Bizazedo

With your team and Zero on point, I think I could use the combo I do currently and modify it only at the end. Depends on how the Haggar assist affects it in terms of HSD. Half-tempted to try it when I get home.

That'd put you 720-750k range with one meter while building 1.6 (ish). DHC to Task for added pain and it probably is a ToD for most of the cast.

Additionally, you could fight with Zero on point as you do now and when damaged / when you see a moment, DHC into shadowclone --> Arrows to punish like I do with Nova now.

tldr; Basically, I think you tag Zero out too quickly.

mr. puppy

Banned
Winter Brawl is this weekend... anyone have list of players available? Curious to see the West Coast players in attendance.

Stuff to look out for:

*Noel "best in the world" Brown poppin' off and being godly. Possibly top 3.

I'm most interested in seeing how far along Noel's Frank West is. That is the one thing holding his team back, and if he can turn that guy into a good anchor somehow (Theres no way he doesn't envision that team as Wolv/Wesk/Tatsu Cart) then I really think he'll jump up his game.

Solune

like 650k. i can actually do a lot of stuff with haggar but the only problem i have is opening people up and getting the right hyper when i use it. -_- although i think i've fixed that somewhat now. at least his stomach press i can now get when i want.

I will try later tonight but basically with Zero you can do the relaunch in the corner, then on the 3rd relaunch. S + Call Hagger OR Taskmaster (Vertical or Horizontal?) J.S immediately into assist > J.S on the way down. That should net you at least 800k.

smurfx

get some go again
With your team and Zero on point, I think I could use the combo I do currently and modify it only at the end. Depends on how the Haggar assist affects it in terms of HSD. Half-tempted to try it when I get home.

That'd put you 720-750k range with one meter while building 1.6 (ish). DHC to Task for added pain and it probably is a ToD for most of the cast.

Additionally, you could fight with Zero on point as you do now and when damaged / when you see a moment, DHC into shadowclone --> Arrows to punish like I do with Nova now.

tldr; Basically, I think you tag Zero out too quickly.
i've actually been wanting to ask for your help in extending his damage as you know how to use zero. i actually do dhc from shadowclone to tasks arrows. in fact i did it quite effectively against honzo gonzo yesterday.

Bizazedo

I'll try it.

That being said, I'm not a supreme combo master (look above, Solune thinks he can break 800k). I just basically do enough to kill people lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom