• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Can't get legion arrows to beat Hawkeye's level 3 like I saw before. But guess what does beat it out? Shield Skills of course!

Also in training mode if you hit playback with nothing recorded the character will dash then do a taunt.

I'm most interested in seeing how far along Noel's Frank West is. That is the one thing holding his team back, and if he can turn that guy into a good anchor somehow (Theres no way he doesn't envision that team as Wolv/Wesk/Tatsu Cart) then I really think he'll jump up his game.

Uh............ why would making Frank West a good anchor jump his game up when he has been winning so many matches with lvl 4/5 Frank? And with Dark Wesker?

Bizazedo

I hope my buds from VA / MD show up at Winter Brawl :/. Tobe already abandoned me (granted, he had a good reason), I need a new teammate.

Dahbomb

I'm most interested in seeing how far along Noel's Frank West is. That is the one thing holding his team back, and if he can turn that guy into a good anchor somehow (Theres no way he doesn't envision that team as Wolv/Wesk/Tatsu Cart) then I really think he'll jump up his game.
He has leveled up his Frank West leveling up combos. Now he actually uses his tools of survivals after TACs for more hits. He doesn't use Frank West anchor, it's all about Dark Wesker).

Frantic

How does one fight Haggar on point. I am so scared to attack him with my weak characters on my team. :(.
Honestly, my main goal against a point Haggar is constantly backing up throwing out projectiles. I'd basically just throw out a lot of Buster Level 3s and then go in with a cr.M when they least expect it. Honestly, it's basically just a straight patience game.

650K off of a Zero combo?

I WISH he did that much. Would put him on par with Strider/RR/Firebrand where he should be in terms of damage rating.
That's where he really should be. Probably a little higher, but within that range anyways.

Bizazedo

I dunno, but I can't really argue as I don't know all the tech of those three and I've seen some pretty frightening stuff out of Strider. Strider also seems like he can appear at any slot while Zero is primarily point (imo).

Stuff like the lightning loop million damage combo is obviously ridiculous.

Stuff like the dante assisted stuff....seems specific to the teams.

How much can Wolverine, X-23, or Felicia do if the team is built specifically to add to their damage?

My own, personal, highest version of the combos I use is like around 750.

Dahbomb

Without Fatal Claw loops Wolverine taps out fast, around 800K ish. With Loops he can do like 150K per loop. With 2 bars you can get over a million with Wolverine.

X-23 with two assists does very good damage, 900K plus. Felicia should be the same.

Zero should be doing damage slightly above Firebrand/Strider/RR level. Zero isn't as untouchable as Firebrand/RR is for some characters.

Bizazedo

Without Fatal Claw loops Wolverine taps out fast, around 800K ish. With Loops he can do like 150K per loop. With 2 bars you can get over a million with Wolverine.

X-23 with two assists does very good damage, 900K plus. Felicia should be the same.

Zero should be doing damage slightly above Firebrand/Strider/RR level. Zero isn't as untouchable as Firebrand/RR is for some characters.

I guess I don't see why Zero should do significantly less than Felicia or X-23. Both of those are highly mobile, but can be hit in their mobility, just like Zero.

Some less, sure. He has a Buster. If it's just the lightning loop you're thinking of, I can see it, but would 750k be too high?

Solune

I'll try it.

That being said, I'm not a supreme combo master (look above, Solune thinks he can break 800k). I just basically do enough to kill people lol.
Oh if you're tapping out at 750 with your team then hmm... And I don't doubt you're a better Zero player than me =p. My numbers actually are based on Nini Heart's combo vid with Vergil and Dante. With Vergil only he does 600k based on the combo I mentioned. Rekkouha does 180K damage at max scaling. Like you said if Haggar's assist doesn't apply that much HSD then it may be possible to squeeze in another Buster+Raikousen+Sentsuisan. Whatever.
yeah solune help a brother out as well! :p

I don't mind, I hopped back onto Zero/Dante, but Proto was blowing me up. With Dante alone though, Zero gets 860k damage.

Dahbomb

I guess I don't see why Zero should do significantly less than Felicia or X-23. Both of those are highly mobile, but can be hit in their mobility, just like Zero.
None of those characters (ie X-23, Wolverine, Felicia) have sword normals and moves that protect 360 degrees around them with 30% active frames. None of them have a high durable projectile that leads into a TOD. None of them have mid screen air dashes that convert into TODs while crossing up. It is significantly harder to hit someone like Wolverine than it is to hit Zero. In terms of toolset Zero outclasses all 3 of those characters enough to be an entire tier over them. The single factor that differentiates Zero from those 3 is that Zero has the option to play lame. These characters are all in rushdown archetypes with only one style of play.

He can do 1 million damaging combos without using LL. He can keep doing relaunches using assists and the damage from the special moves adds up over time. The LL is solo potential but let's get serious here... Zero is 90% of the time played on point backed up with an assist or two dedicated to amplifying his damage.

rexor0717

Can't get legion arrows to beat Hawkeye's level 3 like I saw before. But guess what does beat it out? Shield Skills of course!

Also in training mode if you hit playback with nothing recorded the character will dash then do a taunt.

Wait wait wait, shield skills beats out Hawk Eye's level 3? Muhahaha

Bizazedo

None of those characters (ie X-23, Wolverine, Felicia) have sword normals and moves that protect 360 degrees around them with 30% active frames. None of them have a high durable projectile that leads into a TOD. None of them have mid screen air dashes that convert into TODs while crossing up. It is significantly harder to hit someone like Wolverine than it is to hit Zero. In terms of toolset Zero outclasses all 3 of those characters enough to be an entire tier over them. The single factor that differentiates Zero from those 3 is that Zero has the option to play lame. These characters are all in rushdown archetypes with only one style of play.

He can do 1 million damaging combos without using LL. He can keep doing relaunches using assists and the damage from the special moves adds up over time. The LL is solo potential but let's get serious here... Zero is 90% of the time played on point backed up with an assist or two dedicated to amplifying his damage.

I addressed all that. The LL is clearly ridiculous. And I agree on the fact that Zero has projectile capabilities.

What I disagreed with was how low you were wanting to put his damage output, especially by comparing him to three characters, two of which have teleports. Good teleports. The third, Firebrand, probably needs more damage anyways, soooooo..

Have you seen Felicia and X23 players trying to catch Zero from the air?

Yeah, I have. I'm talking in the total scheme of things. Also, you notice I said he should do less, just not 600-650k top end.

Given his speed and life, 600-650 is way too low.

smurfx

get some go again
Have you seen Felicia and X23 players trying to catch Zero from the air?
have you seen haggar try and catch many characters from the air or get in against zoners? should they all be nerfed? i wonder if dahbomb thinks dante/virgil's damage should also top out at 600/650.

Grecco

Winter Brawl is this weekend... anyone have list of players available? Curious to see the West Coast players in attendance.

Stuff to look out for:

*PRBalrog and his anti-Zero technology/play. He has been in the lab practicing against the Maverick hunter.

*Morrigans. Dieminion will be repping along with a few other players. ChrisG will have Morrigan as his B team, mostly for counter pick purposes.

*More, better Vergil players. Zeus might be in attendance and Yipes has been rumored to be in the lab with the Dark Slayer.

*After a poor showing at LI Bar Brawl, EMP has to come back with a force.

*Mayor of Earth.

*More control play against Dark Wesker. Still expect to see enough of them to ruin your day.

*Return of DJHoushen?

*First major for Bum? I wouldn't count on it.

*MarlinPie... will he choke yet again?

*JUSTIN WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! Will he defend his title?

*RayRay wants that salty runback with JWong.

*FC Jago vs Remix.... if that match happens it would be godlike. Too bad Remix would never make it that high in the brackets.

*Noel "best in the world" Brown poppin' off and being godly. Possibly top 3.

*MastaCJ will body a shit load of people with Dorm teleport + Disruptor. People will get salty.

I wanted to say that Pr Rog wont be going, hes going to be in North Cal this weekend, and Marlinpie just said hes improved his Doom TAC combos. Sounds nuts.

Azure J

What's crazy is I still see a Zero with a max damage of say 700-800K being incredible in this game. Changing his overall damage but having him keep that high level of mobility and space control thanks to air buster (or buster in general) just changes his gameplan from ToDs all day to efficient reset/mixup monster.

What's crazy is I still see a Zero with a max damage of say 700-800K being incredible in this game. Changing his overall damage but having him keep that high level of mobility and space control thanks to air buster (or buster in general) just changes his gameplan from ToDs all day to efficient reset/mixup monster.

I was working on a post to say essentially this but then I saw you did it already :p

Tools > damage all day in this game, damage is ridiculously high anyway. 2 combos kills everyone, so landing that first hit is what matters. And Zero is one of the best at getting it. It's what makes him ridic, the damage is just icing on a delicious-until-it-happens-to-you cake.

It's why I thought people were incredibly tunnelvisioned for thinking Dante was going to be anything short of still amazing going from Vanilla to Ultimate.

Also, hell no to a Firebrand damage buff. MFer is hard enough to hit as is, hahaha.

Edit: Happy 1 year anniversary Marvel 3 <3 Still playing 2/3 day 1 characters (RIP Effort for Magneto and 5th day Iron Man). Middle man is still my weakest slot, but at least now I play a character I don't really NEED to maximize in the middle :p

Dahbomb

What I disagreed with was how low you were wanting to put his damage output, especially by comparing him to three characters, two of which have teleports. Good teleports. The third, Firebrand, probably needs more damage anyways, soooooo..
I said slightly more. If those characters have average damage of 650K off of a hit confirm, Zero should be no more than 750K.

Zero has command dashes too and this is attached to a character with some of the best combination of start up/active/recovery/range normals in the game. None of those characters have an abusive tool like Buster (Strider's Formation B is close but it's still no Buster and Firebrand has that death trap). None of those characters have something like double Lightning cross ups mid screen (Strider has similar stuff but he has to choose between angles where as Zero can cover a large portion of the screen while in the air). Add on top of that Zero has Sogenmu which amplifies his space control, mix ups and dominance even more.

A character doesn't need a teleport to be godlike. Case in point Firebrand, Viper and Zero. You need tools and Zero doesn't lack in tools. He hardly has any bad match ups and he has the tools to do whatever he wants whenever he wants.

have you seen haggar try and catch many characters from the air or get in against zoners? should they all be nerfed? i wonder if dahbomb thinks dante/virgil's damage should also top out at 600/650.
Dante doesn't do that much damage to begin with. His damage right now is "fair" for his archetype. Dante rules in the space control and versatility game, not in terms of damage and combos. Vergil does on average better damage than Dante but does NOT have the same space control and versatility. Dante is a better character than Vergil but you are more likely to die and even get hit by Vergil YET the opponent is also more likely to kill and hit Vergil. I also don't understand the health differential between the two, they both should be either 850K or 900K.

And it's not like reducing Zero's damage is going to put him out of best character in the game slot. Dante despite getting his damage greatly reduced (plus other nerfs) is still an S tier character. You would have to be fairly biased if you think Dante should have his damage nerfed but not the same for Zero.

I also don't even care about how much Zero does in a BnB as much as I care about why the hell his and Viper's special damage scaling as capped at 30%. That's as much as the Hulk. And SURPRISE SURPRISE... they all do the same amount of damage.

smurfx

get some go again
wow so its only 1 year? i thought it had been 1 year plus some months already. now i don't feel as bad for not being better. :p

i feel like my google-fu is weak, but i couldn't find a title list anywhere

have all the titles not been discovered, maybe?

I've spent about 30 minutes searching, and haven't found a full list. The closest thing I found was someone on Youtube making a list of all the character title unlocks, but that was it.

Hell, it might just be easier for me to write down all the titles I have unlocked in a post here.

I've spent about 30 minutes searching, and haven't found a full list. The closest thing I found was someone on Youtube making a list of all the character title unlocks, but that was it.

Hell, it might just be easier for me to write down all the titles I have unlocked in a post here.

haha, okay, so my google-fu isn't that weak

it's been a few months, so i figured someone would have bothered to make a list somewhere, but i guess not

Solune

So after 30 mins, I can't get the 3rd relaunch to work with Taskmaster... Zero extended BnB works with Haggar(Works with Pipe or Lariat) perfectly though. Does 750k starting with S.L or C.L, does 800k starting with C.M.

Also DHC into Haggar OR Taskmaster does +150k~ (Taskmaster does more + He can followup into TK super again)

There is a way to slightly increase your normal damage if you use Taskmaster Vertical Assist during your second launch, if you have Taskmaster hit during you air combo, cancel your attack into Raikousen H > Buster > Sentsuizan. Tech stolen ala Nini Heart Doom combo, does around + 40k.

Guess I am still fraudulent =p

Dahbomb

I would get hit by that all day too.

Random thought but Marvel GAF should have it's own tier list. I am thinking of starting one up and then updating it if needed. I know some people cringe at the word "tier" and they of course don't have to participate or give 2 shits about it. It can also spark some healthy debate here which is sorely lacking as of late (really best thing to come out of tier list is the sharing of character knowledge... NO ONE in the world knows even 50% of every character in the game).

If we do it then some rules will have to be followed. We will split the tiers into 8 (S, A+, A, B+, B, C+, C, D) and everyone has to tier every character even if they aren't sure about it. Minimum of 3 characters per tier, max of 10 characters per tier. I will be tasked with averaging and compiling the results while citing various stats trivia.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Judging by some of the avatars around here I think Thor is S tier for sure.

Let's get this out of the way.

D Tier:
Hsien-Ko, Phoenix Wright, Megaman X costume

8 Tiers? S tier?

Too much mang. That's some IGN rating system stuff :p

I think the tiers are really compressed to be honest, and S usually means "owns everyone and everything," doesn't it? Hard to say if that's applicable in this version since no one is V.Logan or V.Jean -- plus, assists mitigate a lot of the things that would separate characters.

I'll do one if I can compress it, since I think basically the entire cast is viable (there are exceptions but even they have their role).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom