• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

RR is secret best character. The first time someone pulls off 8 reps of the boulder loop during tournament play will be hype.

More than that is the net into jumping S-plosion frenzy he can do. I love that so much. I saw a vid somewhere online of a guy doing the most impractical combo ever with the little guy. Took 5 bars. Looked like he just wanted to see if he could link lvl 3 into springboard and then into the machine gun after that. It worked and still only did just under 1 mil. At least he knows he can link springboard to machine gun hypers though. If you boulder loop into mr flapper, log trap maybe you can catch them with the springboard to set up for a 2 bar TOD. My bet is they can tech out after the log though before they hit the springboard.

EDIT:
NM I'm wrong. Someone did it. Still doesn't clear 900k :C

At least he has great mixups and zoning to land his first hit. Too bad he'll need a ton of em. Odd thing to notice. If you cancel out of the last hit of his machine gun guys float FOREVER on the spinning state induced by the gun. DHC or x-factor canceling before that final shot could prove a neat way to extend things there.

shaowebb

I wonder what kind of tricks you can setup off of canceling before the last hit of the machine gun to exploit that huge spinning floaty knockdown state? Could you DHC into She-Hulks air grab with that one? Could you call drones at full screen before the hyper to catch them in the air off the pop to create a nice reset back into the boulder loop? I'd like to see tech come up for that somehow, but it'll likely just be a useful moment to DHC unless RR is your last guy because then you should just pop your X-factor to cancel it and move in for more.

Best tech I've seen was using Mad Hopper Tags to create really high damage combos that rotate team mates a lot.

Sloosha

I have Doom usually coming in after. Don't know if you can really do anything that interesting with it. Oh yeah - forgot about Ammy Slow combos.

shaowebb

I have Doom usually coming in after. Don't know if you can really do anything that interesting with it.

So far I keep thinking Doom, and Spencer are RR's best options for team mates. Doom for the nice corner combo setups off Mad Hopper tags, and Spencer to give you an additional net trap to setup grenade loops. Thats actually not that bad a team considering Doom's beam either locks them down for mixup attempts off dig or gives you a safe log trap attempt for a 50/50 that could go into the boulder loop should they eat the log. Maybe I should make that team one of my alts to play around with in a few weeks. Semester is nearly over for me.

Sloosha

That's the team I was leaning toward. RR/Doom/Ammy or RR/Doom/Strider are other possibilities. I like the Japanese RR/Spencer tech: boulder loop -> slant shot into unblockable ->boulder loop.

Got the game today. Currently playing through the card mode, just trying to get used to the game again. No real idea what I want to do with this game.

Solune

So...are their still no RR or PW players?

I see a lot more Wrights online than I thought I would. Of course most of the time you don't see any in ranked but it seems to me I see the most in lobby mode. Of course not too many use him competitively. You don't see the pro's use him or any flashy combo video's but that doesn't mean people don't use him. I'll main him to the end.

RR on the other hand I never see.

For the people who were looking for a higher res version of the new Shinkiro art:

http://fast1.onesite.com/capcom-uni...os/large/754fc26797364e38ecf6560e6ccfa236.jpg

He's one of the few, in my opinion anyways, who can actually draw all the characters like they belong in the same universe.

*fap*
grin.gif

No Weskers! I like Phoenix though, so maybe if I ever stop sucking that'll mean something.

Is there any trick to card collecting? Is just beating all the areas and bonus stages good enough?

I think I heard that some cards are online-exclusive (ie: beating someone in a match). Other than those few cards, just beating all the areas and bonus stages repeatedly is good enough.

dankir

I was playing last night against this dude's Arthur and he actually used his Level 3 on me.

I've played about a total of 100 hours between Vanilla and Ultimate and this is literally the first time I've seen it used in game. I completely forget he even had one.

My MvC3 Vanilla and Ultimate cherries have been popped.

Bizazedo

It's a really good level 3, Arthur's.

I once DHC'd into Nova's Tackle move when an Arthur tried to level 3 me and walked around, casually, petting the dragon. It was cute.

dankir

I once DHC'd into Nova's Tackle move when an Arthur tried to level 3 me and walked around, casually, petting the dragon. It was cute.

It was a sight to behold I was like oooooooooo shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

LakeEarth

Wait, is Tackle the one that nullifies projectiles? Does that mean that the fireworks were going off for 5 seconds but you weren't getting touched?

Bizazedo

Wait, is Tackle the one that nullifies projectiles? Does that mean that the fireworks were going off for 5 seconds but you weren't getting touched?

That's exactly what happened. I panicked and accidentally steered away and then, once I realized it, calmly floated forwards Through the Fire and Flames.

Solune

No Weskers! I like Phoenix though, so maybe if I ever stop sucking that'll mean something.

Is there any trick to card collecting? Is just beating all the areas and bonus stages good enough?
I only use Wesker when I REALLY want to win. Proto was owning me yesterday until I dogded him switched teams. Looks like the card question was already answered (I don't play H&H anymore)
Karitakanehakaesanai also uploaded this swag Chris combo Bringing the Pain 2X
For the people who were looking for a higher res version of the new Shinkiro art:

http://fast1.onesite.com/capcom-uni...os/large/754fc26797364e38ecf6560e6ccfa236.jpg

He's one of the few, in my opinion anyways, who can actually draw all the characters like they belong in the same universe.

Link isn't working for me =(.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
You making fun of Fubar? Oh dear.

MarvelGAF has come to terms on the release of A Pretty Panda. We wish A Pretty Panda the best in all future endeavors.

Fine I'll take my talents over to BlazBlewGaf.

Hey look, there's all these old former MarvelGaf players. This is gonna be great. I can just tell.

More than that is the net into jumping S-plosion frenzy he can do. I love that so much.

I really need to stop forgetting that he has that grenade loop.

What do people do after a grab of any kind with the Raccoon? I keep trying to do a TK Spitfire L into something but I can never get it right :|

My biggest problem while using RR (other than being absolutely awful at the boulder loop so I don't even bother) is getting my offense started. Just ask Frantic >_> Although that's probably in big part my fault for being so hesitant to use Frank's assist because my first priority is usually to get him to lv.4 or 5...

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom