• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toge

Laughing my arse off at FGTV - Ricky is hoovering, Fanatiq is having a debate about tacos and FChamp just bought XBL for $50

so does anyone else think that hawkeye is the stupidest looking character in this game? his outfit is a giant H.
Stupid as hell. He looks like he came straight out of The Wizard of Oz.
I wouldn't push it either, because I don't agree. But I do fully agree that we would never see something in the vein of MvC2 again, simply because it wouldn't run with casuals. SG takes a lot of cues from MvC2, DHCs, Assists, Crossover counters (Alpha counters), but that's not enough to me to say it resembles MvC2 more than MvC3. In fact I would say it resembles BB or GG more than Marvel if anything, this isn't a bad thing of course. Although there's still alot of time before we see, since most of us haven't gotten our hands on it, but based on videos, that's my assessment.

Just to clarify, I'm not even hating on SG, I'm very much looking forward to it. There's still some things SG would need to be able to take the moniker of "successor" to Marvel 2, and it's not just because of the namesake. SG is looking great, from system direction to music to the aesthetics, but it's missing something from the formula.
Trying to be MvC2 will be the death of any game. Also, Mike would probably rage at the idea that Skullgirls is like BB. :p

Nikashi

Banned
Wow so I went into that lobby, and whoever was already there is RIDICULOUSLY good. I got touch of deathed off of the very first hit in the round, lost my character and could do nothing. If that's who hangs out in the gaf lobbies I'm just gonna skip that, I thought it would be more casual players not omgwtf kill your character on the first hit of the match types.

Wow so I went into that lobby, and whoever was already there is RIDICULOUSLY good. I got touch of deathed off of the very first hit in the round, lost my character and could do nothing. If that's who hangs out in the gaf lobbies I'm just gonna skip that, I thought it would be more casual players not omgwtf kill your character on the first hit of the match types.

lol.. not sure of who you ran into though?

Tobe

It was frantic, he aint half bad tho most of the times he is a fraud.

Frantic did that to you?

He is good, but it's not an in impossible fight. Just up your defense and kill Strider or Dante before they get going.

Awesome matches, Killa.

Raw level 3, baiting the level 3, too many stories lol. I want m0000ar.

GG's, those were awesome matches. Those full screen hit confirms with Zero made me tear up T_T You're a hunter with those Nova throws too, always hurts so much.

And yeah, that bait was fun :p Had a Combofiend OOOOOOOOOO moment there, hahaha.

PS I </3 Zero. Did better against him than I thought I would, but then your Nova and Wesker caused new problems for me. Those characters are supposed to be easy to read, but you weren't having that D:

Bizazedo

GG's, those were awesome matches. Those full screen hit confirms with Zero made me tear up T_T You're a hunter with those Nova throws too, always hurts so much.

And yeah, that bait was fun :p Had a Combofiend OOOOOOOOOO moment there, hahaha.

PS I </3 Zero. Did better against him than I thought I would, but then your Nova and Wesker caused new problems for me. Those characters are supposed to be easy to read, but you weren't having that D:

Yeah. Zero's slower than Spiderman, so it was an....issue catching you. Especially with having to avoid the constant mix ups, which I was mentally ready for (even if you hit me, at least I wasn't surprised).

But the fact that Spiderman was throwing me like NOVA in the air was something I was not mentally prepared for lol.

It was good stuff, though. I'm glad I was somewhat tricky with Nova and Wesker vs you, I try to play them well, but, alas, who knows :(.

Frantic

Yeah, that was me. Honestly, Kadey's lobby tends to have a mixture of good players and more casual play. I tend to go all out in the lobby, though, so sorry about that. :(

It was frantic, he aint half bad tho most of the times he is a fraud.
It takes a fraud to know a fraud.

He is good, but it's not an in impossible fight. Just up your defense and kill Strider or Dante before they get going.
Honestly, I crumble under really good corner pressure. It's why I hate drones, because if I get stuck in the corner when they're out, my defense breaks fast.

Bizazedo said:
But the fact that Spiderman was throwing me like NOVA in the air was something I was not mentally prepared for lol.
Spider-Man's airthrow range is one of the best. I once had a Spider-Man throw Deadpool out of his overhead when he was above and behind me. It's pretty crazy.

shaowebb

"Haggar's bodied whole empires. So what chance did you&#65279; have?"
Oooh

"Yo Chuck! USE PIPE!"

At this point I lost it and laughed till I couldn't breath. Holy crap that was awesome. All of Empire Arcadia bodied by the Mayor. Kick into Pipe cancel into another Kick FOREVER. No scale no worries. Pure damage over and over from Haggar is so painful that it may as well be infinite just like they said. God that was beautiful. Magneto had to work forever to kill him. Haggar had to simply land a hit.

Also I'm noticing something out of Chris G. He seems determined to showcase as much of the cast as he can in hopes of the meta growing. He low tier heroes (unsung heroes?) a lot now with cast. Before he was just that awesome guy who played and also happened to play Ryu, but now its Morrigan, Hsien Ko, Chun Li, Ryu, Firebrand, Ghost Rider was tried a few times, Tron, and just anyone he feels like messing around with if he has matches to burn in a tourney. I really dig that.

smurfx

get some go again
"Yo Chuck! USE PIPE!"

At this point I lost it and laughed till I couldn't breath. Holy crap that was awesome. All of Empire Arcadia bodied by the Mayor. Kick into Pipe cancel into another Kick FOREVER. No scale no worries. Pure damage over and over from Haggar is so painful that it may as well be infinite just like they said. God that was beautiful. Magneto had to work forever to kill him. Haggar had to simply land a hit.

Also I'm noticing something out of Chris G. He seems determined to showcase as much of the cast as he can in hopes of the meta growing. He low tier heroes (unsung heroes?) a lot now with cast. Before he was just that awesome guy who played and also happened to play Ryu, but now its Morrigan, Hsien Ko, Chun Li, Ryu, Firebrand, Ghost Rider was tried a few times, Tron, and just anyone he feels like messing around with if he has matches to burn in a tourney. I really dig that.
i'm still sad i haven't been able to do 800k damage without hyper with haggar. :( zero's shadow handageki adds way too much hitstun so characters will pop out if i try to otg them with haggar. the only one that lets me otg without problems is taskmaster. on the other hand when i throw people its much, much easier to otg with shadow handangeki than taskmaster. so it has its pros and cons. i can do haggars hoodlum launcher reset easy but i never do it during matches. 0_o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom