• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobe

Sentinel, imo, is at least B.

Shuma is underrated! B Tier.

based on what, he aint got health, no mixups, big ass hurtbox the only good or decent thing he has is sort of easy decent to goodish damage and somewhat of a decent air to air, he has decent hit confirms in the air with flight but then again there are a lot of better air to air characters. like sasa said, if you get hit by sent you kinda deserve it. why would you block viper mixups and then dont block cr.b

Azure J

i totally agree with you there sasa with dormammu being an s tier character.

He is definitely flying in under more than a few radars. At the same time, he's one of the best balanced characters in the game coming off the transition from Vanilla to Ultimate. That shit is so weird to me.

Thing is, Dorm flew under the radar during vanilla as well. Just same old same old.

And I say this again him and Phoenix are the only chars with a teleport, airdash and flight.

Yeah, lets you know how stupid they are.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Dorm with spells stocked is kind of frightening. A teleporting Dorm with Mag assist and spells stocked is straight up horrific.

based on what, he aint got health, no mixups, big ass hurtbox the only good or decent thing he has is sort of easy decent to goodish damage and somewhat of a decent air to air, he has decent hit confirms in the air with flight but then again there are a lot of better air to air characters. like sasa said, if you get hit by sent you kinda deserve it. why would you block viper mixups and then dont block cr.b

I think with his normal throw game + underused command throw game along with his assist puts him up there at least above Ironman Tier.

RayRay has a decent air to air game with Sentinel.

As Killa said about his assist, this is only for people who don't cover their assist properly. Or throw them out from full screen without any backing.

i...actually dont think Dormington is S tier

i'd put Sasa's whole +A tier on top of him

See, I thought about that, but there's no character that plays a better 2-way game than him, has as stronger a keepaway game and he is probably the most bullshit anchor other than Super Skrull and Dark Phoenix (I'd give him the slight edge over Felicia even) in that tier.

That's before getting into "Power Of" and hitbox nonsense ("what side are you on during my air combo? DOESN'T MATTER" among other things).

As Killa said about his assist, this is only for people who don't cover their assist properly. Or throw them out from full screen without any backing.

I just think he's too hard to cover properly because he's so big. I just don't see it happening very often in the future, especially because they're not persistent. The assist may be worth the risk, since if you're blocking them while also fighting a rushdown character, you're probably going to eat something.

smurfx

get some go again
Tier wise I'm not sure, but I think Task v Hawkeye ends with Task winning. But that just one match up.
naw hawkeye beats task unless the hawkeye player screws up. task can't zone him out at all and task has to rush in and leave himself exposed to hawkeye.

edit: btw killa i think frank west is A not B+.

Even against teleporters Hawkeye has a good matchup due to how fast he can fire arrows.

Hawkeye has trouble against Viper, chars who can go through his projectiles mainly.

1) The best character in this game at escaping incoming mixups (people don't seem to appreciate this).
2) One of the best assists
3) The most mobile of the heavy hitters
4) Flight mode buffed in UMvC3
5) Above average solo incoming mixups
6) Command throw, range and hyper armor makes getting in on a good Sentinel difficult
7) Good air throw

He's not trying to say that Sentinel is one of the best characters in this game, he's trying to say that Sentinel is B Tier and I think that's fair.

Played 4 matches in Kadey's lobby and got destroyed in all of them. Pretty sure my Dorm and Trish never landed a hit on anyone =( I'm bad but nowhere near as terrible as I just played.

Tobe

1) The best character in this game at escaping incoming mixups (people don't seem to appreciate this).
2) One of the best assists
3) The most mobile of the heavy hitters
4) Flight mode buffed in UMvC3
5) Above average solo incoming mixups
6) Command throw, range and hyper armor makes getting in on a good Sentinel difficult
7) Good air throw

He's not trying to say that Sentinel is one of the best characters in this game, he's trying to say that Sentinel is B Tier and I think that's fair.

1: if you are talking about hard drive, then it only applies when he is the incoming character and besides ppl shouldnt really be that scared of hard drive unless it hits the right way which is like only 20% of the time.

2: no its not one of the best, it is just decent and then it becames goodish, it has slow startup and it can be stuffed by a lot of shit, if you let drones come out it is entirely your fault and you deserve to eat the mixups.

3-4 yeah im ok with this but then again his mobility is awkward. his need of flight mode i stupid its not like a regular magnus flight mode where he can airdash like crazy nor its like morrigan where he can cancel special out of it. he can only use it to do weird yet kind of useful hit comfirms.

5: people are just scared of being booped, if they just BLOCK and then chicken block so they dont get command grab that reduces a lot of damage options sent can get.

6: he has to have at least some tools or he would end up like hsienko or PW.

7: what is your definition on good airthrows? i consider felicia's airthrow great, and nova's good. sent is decent at most.

i dont want to bash on my favorite robot but he kinda sucks, he aint a B+ tier character maybe C+ would fit him, with day 1 vanilla health he could be a solid B Tier, since he would be a tank and a decent assist that can take a couple of hits.

Old Mvc2 Sent cries when he watches umvc3 replays of rayray trying to win with this so called sentinel.

Hi ya'll. Has the PSN Gt list been posted here. I going to be getting UMvC3 again tomorrow and I would love to get to play some people here. I'm all right when it comes to this game but not amazing as I've seen from some people here. Specifically, Killa Sasa

shtkn

since i posted my other sprites in their appropriate threads (p4arena, gg, bb, sg), i'll post the appropriate ones here too

amaterasu.png
deadpool.png
chris.png
haggar.png
dante.png
modok.png
taskmaster.png
trish.png
jill.png
vergil.png

wesker.png
ironMan.png
x-23.png
zero.png
phoenix.png
spencer.png
hsien-ko.png
magneto.png
superSkrull.png
drDoom.png

dormammu.png
hulk.png
morrigan.png
spider-man.png
thor.png
sentinel.png
nemesis.png
striderHiryu.png
tron.png
ironFist.png

viewtifulJoe.png
crimsonViper.png
arthur.png
storm.png
captainAmerica.png
felicia.png
akuma.png
ryu.png
wolverine.png
sheHulk.png

chunLi.png
hawkeye.png
drStrange.png
ghostRider.png
phoenixWright.png
firebrand.png
nova.png
shumaGorath.png
frankWest.png
rocketRaccoon.png

arthur_king.png
arthur_naked.png
phoenixWright_courtroom.png
phoenixWright_turnabout.png
phoenixWright_point.png
dante_dt.png
vergil_dt.png
phoenix_dark.png
amaterasu_sword.png
amaterasu_beads.png
servbot.png
wesker_brokenGlasses.png
wesker_noGlasses.png

galactus.png

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
1: if you are talking about hard drive, then it only applies when he is the incoming character and besides ppl shouldnt really be that scared of hard drive unless it hits the right way which is like only 20% of the time.

2: no its not one of the best, it is just decent and then it becames goodish, it has slow startup and it can be stuffed by a lot of shit, if you let drones come out it is entirely your fault and you deserve to eat the mixups.

3-4 yeah im ok with this but then again his mobility is awkward. his need of flight mode i stupid its not like a regular magnus flight mode where he can airdash like crazy nor its like morrigan where he can cancel special out of it. he can only use it to do weird yet kind of useful hit comfirms.

5: people are just scared of being booped, if they just BLOCK and then chicken block so they dont get command grab that reduces a lot of damage options sent can get.

6: he has to have at least some tools or he would end up like hsienko or PW.

7: what is your definition on good airthrows? i consider felicia's airthrow great, and nova's good. sent is decent at most.

i dont want to bash on my favorite robot but he kinda sucks, he aint a B+ tier character maybe C+ would fit him, with day 1 vanilla health he could be a solid B Tier, since he would be a tank and a decent assist that can take a couple of hits.

Old Mvc2 Sent cries when he watches umvc3 replays of rayray trying to win with this so called sentinel.

1. That was his point. Hard drive is gdlk for escaping incoming mix-ups. If he gets snapped in or a character dies, he negates any welcoming setups on him. That's like...an S-rank get out of jail free card.

2. Well, there isn't much anyone is going to do against Drones when Magneto uses H Estaka as soon as Sent is called and makes them safe. Or if Dante Teleports and gets his bullshit started. *shrugs* It's not a bad assist at all. It's a great assist attached to a horrible character.

*poors out liquor for MvC2 Sent* ;_;

smurfx

get some go again
god damn this game is so frustrating. dominate somebody and then lose thanks to level 3 x factor and its usually wesker too. man this game would be so much better if it wasn't for x factor.

god damn this game is so frustrating. dominate somebody and then lose thanks to level 3 x factor and its usually wesker too. man this game would be so much better if it wasn't for x factor.

I would have tolerated X-factor, if they had included MegaCrash in this game to balance it out. But then again, that's just me.

Dahbomb

Only good thing about him is his assist (which is overrated because he's got paperweight health, is a huge target, and gets owned by any decent projectile/projectile assist). Even with assists backing him, nothing about him is scary IMO, Baby's First Combos and all. To me, he's the ultimate definition of "if you got hit by this, it is 100 percent your fault." His jM's are good, but again, only if you're playing against him mindlessly.
I don't think his assist is overrated but you can't put him on every team. You need the point character to be able to cover Sentinel Drones like Magneto and IM (IM + Sentinel is a very good combination). I also think if you weigh in Sentinel as a zoning character with assists backing him up he becomes more threatening, at the very least as strong as Nemesis, Hulk and the other heavy characters. His ability to confirm a combo off of SJ is still really good and he does have a command throw with a solid range. Yeah he's kinda weak to up back but he does have dash unders and cross up frying pan all of which he doesn't have trouble getting in range. Ultimately because people use him at anchor without assists so much he appears worse than he really is because his match up chart is god awful (only beats the really terrible characters 1 on 1). Sentinel also has the one true GTFO move in the game and he is one of like 2 characters who can escape the Firebrand set up. I think Sentinel is the type of character who likes to sit on a life lead not try to cover a life deficit.

Shuma, I really just had to put somewhere, and again, I don't see much that he does better than anyone else. He has his good quirks like Mystic Ray assist and meter stealing throws, but I don't see what scary things he is capable of. Granted, he probably is the character that I know the absolute least about, so I can definitely be corrected.
Yeah I don't know much about him either... but with the right combos and execution his combos hurtt and he can actually get in and maintain some semblance of pressure. LVL3 is interesting and his assist is very nice in the game's current meta if someone actually plans to use it. He actually got all buffs plus some not listed anywhere.

Off topic but looks like we have a double feature this weekend.. WGC and Winter Brawl. Tokido should take WGC free but Winter Brawl is up for grabs.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Something funny about Degen getting blown up by simple mode random button mashing. Not once but twice.

http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/c/31316

http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/c/31340

Some really great new features about making highlights.

Now can be seen on main page.
Quality is not dropped, 30fps is no longer the max. Quality is as stream in real time.
No longer have to wait for it to be processed. It's done immediately.

Things that still need working is it being a pain to make for anything longer than the first part and you have to refesh to replay.

Frantic

God my brain is melting after that set, Biz. How many games was it? 114? Shit. Think it was the longest I've played Marvel in one sitting. Hope it was good training for Winter Brawl, at least. I know it was good training for me. Feel a lot more confident in my Vergil and my over all play. I think Dante/Vergil/Strider might be the team I stick with. I just need to learn some better incoming mixups with Vergil. After a while, you were just dodging all of them and punishing me for them.

Still... I liked that one round where you blocked like seven DT + XF3 Rapid Slashes in a row, lol.

Something funny about Degen getting blown up by simple mode random button mashing. Not once but twice.

http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/c/31316

http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/c/31340
This is just karma biting him in the ass for getting on my case for losing to an extremely laggy simple mode Firebrand.

Bizazedo

Yes, 114 :). I had to claw my way back after one sequence when you went on a rampage. You definitely deserved edging me tonight, but we played so many matches I'm okay with only being down a few by the end. The important thing is I LEARNED SCTHUFF.

And yes, I think that team fits your style. Stick with it, it works very well for you and it can ToD a bit better.

It's funny you mention that, that one round successfully blocking all those rapid slashes was my highlight as well lol. Close second was Wesker successfully blocking an entire ouroboros x-factor level 3 sequence. Alas, I only managed that once.

You did a GREAT job of dodging my resets, but I also learned a new variation of a Zero one while playing you on the fly. That and starting the round with standing S is a lot of fun.

smurfx

get some go again
yes! i finally broke 800k damage with haggar meterless! i swapped in hawkeye for zero and i was able to relaunch a second time and score extra damage. i ended up doing 827,300 damage. :D i can also team hyper at the end and bring it over 1 mil. i think i can even relaunch once more with haggar at the end of the hypers but i'm too tired to try right now. maybe i'll make haggar/taskmaster/hawkeye my secondary team when i feel like using haggar on point. i might change the order of my primary team to task/haggar/zero since zero's handangeki assist really helps out haggar and i can otg when i want. haggar as anchor really sucks especially when its him vs a zoner or a damn teleporter. zero can at least make solo comebacks since he has the tools.

Horseress

what is tokidos team? still Magneto/Doom/Phoenix?

oooooh and its Hidden MIssiles doom, show me that sexy to steal Tokido

Yea, that team. Never watched he playing UMvC3, and he seems better now, he raped two guys a little earlier.

Interesting is that now he's playing the team tournament, with Fuudo and Mago!
Fuudo: Zero/Morrigan/Vergil
Mago: Wesker/Magneto/Vergil

Fuudo is a fraud, but Mago is doing ok.

Bizazedo

Hey Smurf, I was trying to adapt my own combos to your team and Haggar's HSD on that Lariat just prevents my own combos from working. I can't figure out anything any better than what Solune came up with.

I tried :(.

LakeEarth

Ooh fun!

Main:
nemesis.png
hawkeye.png
drDoom.png

Secondary:
spencer.png
frankWest.png
drDoom.png
Alternate anchor:
wesker.png

Team I'm working on:
spencer.png
vergil.png
hawkeye.png

And Sentinel has to be at a good tier, just for that assist. Hulk + drones is such a bitch.

Grecco

Task doesnt need to zone Hawkeye. He has shield skills to get in.

Also regarding Magos team. I think Japan just likes Level 3 X Factor Vergil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom