• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobe

Oh no... if you are going to highlight that match?

http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/c/32436
DEAD ARROW

Also enzo I used your team last night. I almost won but my pad ran out of juice last second for some strange reason.

c.L into...DEATH!

by far the funniest shit ive seen in a while.

so today i got the new testament, yes i know late as fuck but whatever.
i knew strange had crap normals but the frame data is just horrible, even rider has better advatange on block, ugh why would capcom would make strange such a bad character.

dormammu.png
spencer.png
magneto.png

Aww yeah time to drop some bombs.

Azure J

by far the funniest shit ive seen in a while.

so today i got the new testament, yes i know late as fuck but whatever.
i knew strange had crap normals but the frame data is just horrible, even rider has better advatange on block, ugh why would capcom would make strange such a bad character.

He would be too good/the new Phoenix. [/Seth]

mr. puppy

Banned
oh god 1 day until brawl, i'm so sick of theorycrafting lets see some fucking application tomorrow!

still rooting for noel brown to take it out though.

LordAlu

Anybody catch any of UMvC3 at the World Game Cup in Cannes earlier today? Archives aren't up yet and I only caught the SFxT freeplay at the end :(

zlatko

Banned
oh god 1 day until brawl, i'm so sick of theorycrafting lets see some fucking application tomorrow!

still rooting for noel brown to take it out though.

I agree.

Someone playing Zero, (random character), Wesker better win the whole thing. :p

Is Combofiend scheduled to be there? My money is on him or JWong taking it.

Lulubop

I agree.

I don't think fiend will be there, wc players hardly ever come this far east. Flocker will be there though, but I got my money on G.

Solune

vergil is scary with dat x-factor and meter, probably why the japanese love him so much.

Been saying this forever.

---

Good shit again shtkn
jill.png
zero.png
dante.png
|
spencer.png
vergil.png
drDoom.png

Main teams I'm working on. Alt teams Chris/GR/Hawkeye and Ironfist/Nova/Ryu. Working on Strider/Cap/Sent.

So many teams goddamn I love this game.

Frantic

Yes, 114 :). I had to claw my way back after one sequence when you went on a rampage. You definitely deserved edging me tonight, but we played so many matches I'm okay with only being down a few by the end. The important thing is I LEARNED SCTHUFF.
I was definitely in the zone when we played. At least until about the last twenty matches, anyways. After a certain point, my brain sort of shut itself off from exhaustion, lol. Up until that point, though, I was on fire. I wish I could play like that all the time, lol.

And yes, I think that team fits your style. Stick with it, it works very well for you and it can ToD a bit better.
My main gripe with the team is that Vergil can't really zone that well, at least outside of DT. Then again, with Dante on point, I generally have a ton of meter for Vergil. And I gotta admit, mini-Ouroboros is awesome.

It's funny you mention that, that one round successfully blocking all those rapid slashes was my highlight as well lol. Close second was Wesker successfully blocking an entire ouroboros x-factor level 3 sequence. Alas, I only managed that once.
That was a fluke! A proper Ouroboros + XF3 is impossible to block, I swear! :p

You did a GREAT job of dodging my resets, but I also learned a new variation of a Zero one while playing you on the fly. That and starting the round with standing S is a lot of fun.
I probably got hit by more accidental resets than I did by intentional ones... but yeah, generally speaking, once I see one reset, it's very hard to hit me with the same once. The only time I get hit by resets is when someone has multiple resets that I'm forced to guess which one they're going for. I make a lot of bad guesses sometimes.

But on that subject... I don't know how you did it, but you blocked my Dante/Vajra reset every time. It was annoying me, because you teched forward everytime I teleported, and teched back everytime I didn't. Really annoying, lol.

Oh, and standing S is what convinced me to go to bed. I was getting hit by that thing at the start of every round, lol. I was trying to stuff it everytime, but Dante just doesn't have anything fast enough. :(

Bizazedo

I probably got hit by more accidental resets than I did by intentional ones... but yeah, generally speaking, once I see one reset, it's very hard to hit me with the same once. The only time I get hit by resets is when someone has multiple resets that I'm forced to guess which one they're going for. I make a lot of bad guesses sometimes.

Yeah, I had a problem completing combos last night and I was also trying some new stuff out to test when people fall out..because, no matter what the combo vids show, they don't always start the same way.

Sometimes I'll hit with lightning, first. How does that affect HSD? Can I then finish or go for the reset using Zero's shoryuken? These are things I need to know.

Like learning what I can do after catching people with raw standing S's was on the agenda last night, and it was VERY illuminating.

Dropping the combos also allowed for some accidental resets, which unfortunately hit far more than the normal ones.

But on that subject... I don't know how you did it, but you blocked my Dante/Vajra reset every time. It was annoying me, because you teched forward everytime I teleported, and teched back everytime I didn't. Really annoying, lol.
No, it hit at least once because I remember going "..wait, what? OH that was a good one". Seriously, those exact words.

But yeah, I dunno how, I probably just synced up with what you were doing / trying to steer me towards. I can guarantee it wasn't active thought on my end.
Oh, and standing S is what convinced me to go to bed. I was getting hit by that thing at the start of every round, lol. I was trying to stuff it everytime, but Dante just doesn't have anything fast enough. :(
Hah.

I'm sorry, but the fact that "just block it" isn't one of the considerations makes me laugh. I think I'm the same way, though. Comes from using swords.

Frantic

Yeah, I had a problem completing combos last night and I was also trying some new stuff out to test when people fall out..because, no matter what the combo vids show, they don't always start the same way.

Sometimes I'll hit with lightning, first. How does that affect HSD? Can I then finish or go for the reset using Zero's shoryuken? These are things I need to know.

Like learning what I can do after catching people with raw standing S's was on the agenda last night, and it was VERY illuminating.
Oh, I know what you mean. I usually do that stuff in training mode. I have various combos that work on different starters, screen position, etc. Sometimes I can't convert into a combo at all, though. Mainly because Dante's hitboxes hit places where they really shouldn't. :p

No, it hit at least once because I remember going "..wait, what? OH that was a good one". Seriously, those exact words.

But yeah, I dunno how, I probably just synced up with what you were doing / trying to steer me towards. I can guarantee it wasn't active thought on my end.
Heh, I figured that was the case. I'll need to go for them more, then. ;P

I'm sorry, but the fact that "just block it" isn't one of the considerations makes me laugh. I think I'm the same way, though. Comes from using swords.
It was more that I was annoyed that a launcher was so fast and safe that it was simply unpunishable. Like, I knew it was coming, so I should be able to stuff it... but nope. I really should have blocked it, or at least tried to throw it, but like I said, I was tired. I wasn't thinking straight. :p

LakeEarth

Holy cow Bum stream! Tries to punish Chaotic Flame with Chris' level 3, Dorm x-factors and teleports behind. Bum, expecting this, shoots at his body, picks up teleporting Dorm, and then x-factors to combo post-level 3 into death. Amazing.

Bizazedo

Thanks.

I fully expect it to be either a Dante (damn hammer spam), Haggar, or Morrigan which bounces me, though. Especially after learning of the power of standing S :).

For Strider, it still feels like it's my fault if I lose to him :/

Grecco

I agree.

Justin and Floe are the only 2 from WC that are going i think. Most are waiting till Final Round in Atl. Viscant/PrRog/Combo will go to that.

Solune

Sometimes I'll hit with lightning, first. How does that affect HSD? Can I then finish or go for the reset using Zero's shoryuken?
These are things I need to know.

Watch this vid!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cbQmQMaLP4&feature=player_detailpage#t=122s.

Very enlightning. If you have the bible handy, it tells you how much HSD is taken off from air to air, mine's at home but I have no problem sharing if you're interested in that info.

Bizazedo

I am extraordinarily lazy, I'll check it out when I get home. I have zee Bible. In general I have the feel for Zero very well-down, though, s'why my resets feel so painfully slow and telegraphed to me.

Grecco

SF x Tekken rumor

The remainder of the DLC characters will be released approximately 2 months apart from each other, and will be released as such:

1st set: Cody, Guy, Jack X, Alisa
2nd set: Dudley, Elena, Leo, Christie
3rd set: Yun, Yang, Bryan, Lei

Capcom also expects to release two more DLC packs in the future. However, the contents of the packs are still up in the air. They’re listening to fans for the DLC they haven’t decided on, and they’re throwing a lot of names around, but nothing is set in stone yet. You can probably expect to see some popular characters like Sakura, Karin, R.Mika, Alex and Fei Long among the future DLC characters, but again, nothing has been decided yet.

The DLC characters will be able to be purchased single or altogether. Capcom’s goal with the DLC in this game is to sell MORE DLC for less money, making more money in the end. Each single character will be $3, or you can buy a pack of all 4 in a release set for $10.

Makes me even more angry at how Capcom handled Marvel if true.

LakeEarth

I don't understand why they stagger releases. I wonder what research shows they get more that way.

I'm with you. You'd think they'd strike when the iron is hot.

EDIT - and why do they keep leaving Yun/Yang for last. Does anyone really care that much about the twins?

Xevren

I wish I could just get my herald skins through offline. I only get matched up with 1 guy and it's always a red bar connection.

Frantic

I fully expect it to be either a Dante (damn hammer spam), Haggar, or Morrigan which bounces me, though. Especially after learning of the power of standing S :).
I'd say j.S > Hammer is Dante's version of Lightning Dash > Buster > Lightning Dash - you know you should block, but you try to punish anyways. At least that's how I figure it. I run into that Buster all the time trying to punish a Lightning Dash, and you run into Hammer all the time trying to punish j.S or something. :p

For Strider, it still feels like it's my fault if I lose to him :/
Heh, I always feel like it's my fault for losing with him. I never really feel disadvantaged with him. *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom