• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Wireless, whatcha gonna do

BunkHeadShaking.gif

When did Raccoon die?
Happy birthday when you got dhc gamma crushed.
Btw there's a pretty simple unblockable with sent and nova, don know if you've seen it, works on incoming but not if that character has an air dash.
Sent crouching b + nova centurion rush(?) the one that causes ground bounce. Maybe if you get snapped or dhc you can try it

Edit: time to get bodied again

Zissou

I think everybody, for Christmas, should pick a bottom 10 character and put him on point and see what we can contribute to Marvel.

Basically, this guy playing Thor/Strange/Ammy has some freaking awesome stuff for his team: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryp8qvcbB8Q

I think I'm gonna do Chun Li/Strange/Dante.

We need an agreed upon bottom ten then! Aside from Hsien-ko, Phoenix Wright, Tron, Nemesis, and She-hulk, nobody is going to agree on anything.

I think everybody, for Christmas, should pick a bottom 10 character and put him on point and see what we can contribute to Marvel.

Basically, this guy playing Thor/Strange/Ammy has some freaking awesome stuff for his team: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryp8qvcbB8Q

I think I'm gonna do Chun Li/Strange/Dante.
Yeah, Serpentaurus is a huge Thor advocate all over the place. People need to get off their ass and try things others don't. Thor is a fantastic character.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Gaaah I still can't believe I got hit by that stupid EX Thunderknuckle.

Saw that shit coming a mile away.

Stupid SF4 training me to not up back.

Zissou

There are no tiers in Marvel. Bad characters can still win and succeed with the right assist and setups. No character in the game is completely unplayable.

Do you still think this is true now that there are some established common 'gatekeeper' teams/characters? Certain strong characters are just so ubiquitous that if your character/team can't really handle them, you have to back to the drawing board. I think almost certainly at least a couple members of the cast simply can't fight zero/vergil/morridoom/etc..

Usually when you see weird teams doing well, it's because either the weird team player completely outclasses the other player, or the weird team player is in an ecosystem that doesn't properly punish their sub-par team choice (i.e., combofiend does OK with She-hulk because the west coast lacks high caliber morridoom players.)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
There are no tiers in Marvel. Bad characters can still win and succeed with the right assist and setups. No character in the game is completely unplayable.

Tiers don't mean characters are unplayable wtf. Besides Marvel tiers DONT really go based off single characters and are more focused on Team combo tier list.

That's like saying there are no tiers in MvC2 because of strider/doom or spiral/sent <-- though sent is godlike as fuck lol

Do you still think this is true now that there are some established common 'gatekeeper' teams/characters? Certain strong characters are just so ubiquitous that if your character/team can't really handle them, you have to back to the drawing board. I think almost certainly at least a couple members of the cast simply can't fight zero/vergil/morridoom/etc..

Usually when you see weird teams doing well, it's because either the weird team player completely outclasses the other player, or the weird team player is in an ecosystem that doesn't properly punish their sub-par team choice (i.e., combofiend does OK with She-hulk because the west coast lacks high caliber morridoom players.)
She-Hulk is a frustrating matchup for Morrigan because of Taking Out the Trash. I don't count She-Hulk as being among the characters that Morrigan trashes.

There are teams that can't handle other teams, but I'd like to know what character you think can't be on a team that can handle a particular opposing team.

Top Bottom