• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Zissou

She-Hulk is a frustrating matchup for Morrigan because of Taking Out the Trash. I don't count She-Hulk as being among the characters that Morrigan trashes.

There are teams that can't handle other teams, but I'd like to know what character you think can't be on a team that can handle a particular opposing team.

I know that combofiend had some surprising success with She-hulk vs. Chris G's Morrigan in the couple times they've met in tournament, but I think that was more Chris G's inexperience against She-hulk than anything.

I don't think a Iron Fist point team could ever beat a decent Morridoom player. I mean, maybe IF could technically be on a team where his two teammates had the tools to fight Morridoom, but IF would be completely dead weight.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It's just Chris's zoning seems so not intimidating.

Like against Morrigan or Hawkeye the chip is constant and you're like aw fuck I gotta do something.

Chris is meh. I'm more scared of getting hit by a combo from him.

GGs kevo. Don't take the teabagging personally. I was only doing it if I killed Taskmaster.
Heh GGs don't worry about it. I remember you weren't a fan of taskmaster last time I played you a while back.
I only taunted and teabagged out of frustration with myself. I don't think marvel is a game that I'm going to "get" anymore, so I ended up playing sf for an hour last night just so I could wash away the salt.

LakeEarth

So what do you guys do post-win? I tend to just get to the ground asap and respectively stand there. I don't mind tea-bagging, but I do mind people shooting off a hyper at the last second to delay the next game for a few seconds.

It's rare, but I like ending a game with a team hyper with Nemesis on second so that the first hyper kills early, Nemesis jumps up, the game cuts to the point character's win animation, and suddenly the whole screen shakes when Nemesis lands (though you don't see him).

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I do nothing but I should make it a point of repeating whatever I did to kill my opponent over and over to remind them what they lost to.

So what do you guys do post-win? I tend to just get to the ground asap and respectively stand there. I don't mind tea-bagging, but I do mind people shooting off a hyper at the last second to delay the next game for a few seconds.

It's rare, but I like ending a game with a team hyper with Nemesis on second so that the first hyper kills early, Nemesis jumps up, the game cuts to the point character's win animation, and suddenly the whole screen shakes when Nemesis lands (though you don't see him).

Depends on the character. For example, with Frank, I always take a pic. With the Raccoon, I use the H burrow and get directly below the other character so that it looks like he burst out of them, it's amusing. With Strider I usually go to the wall.

Frantic

I'm a fidgety person, so I almost always do something post game. I usually use it to practice empty cancels(Weasel Shot, Fireworks) with Dante, or backwards wave dash practice for any character. If I perfect someone with Dante, I usually do Jam Session("I'm good, aren't I!?") or Acid Rain. I often shoot out the animals with Strider as a sort of 'memorial service' for the deceased, or I practice Formation B, Formation B (Shot) over and over to get it as fast as possible. Also like doing TK Excaliburs for whatever reason. If I survive a nutty XF3 character with Dante, I TK Hammer over and over. "GET BACK! GET BACK! GET BACK!"

I'm very fidgety.

Azure J

I'm a fidgety person, so I almost always do something post game. I usually use it to practice empty cancels(Weasel Shot, Fireworks) with Dante, or backwards wave dash practice for any character. If I perfect someone with Dante, I usually do Jam Session("I'm good, aren't I!?") or Acid Rain. I often shoot out the animals with Strider as a sort of 'memorial service' for the deceased, or I practice Formation B, Formation B (Shot) over and over to get it as fast as possible. Also like doing TK Excaliburs for whatever reason. If I survive a nutty XF3 character with Dante, I TK Hammer over and over. "GET BACK! GET BACK! GET BACK!"

I'm very fidgety.

Funny part is I do all of this but exceedingly rarely. I have a serious thing against being considered unsportsmanlike and will just stand there unless I know we're cool. t that point, a nice little two step dash, or practicing something I didn't use in that match before the next one comes to mind. Also, EX Seismos because "COME ON" already.

A lot of characters don't get played that should. I want more Spideys, Thors, and Skrulls running around. If those three appeared more often, the meta game would change heavily. Skrull and Thor would weaken Morrigan's game highly but alas will not happen.

Marz

Skrull has a good matchup with MorriDoom eh? Who else has good matchups against that combo? Dormmamu, Hawkeye etc.?

Dahbomb

Skrull has a good matchup with MorriDoom eh? Who else has good matchups against that combo? Dormmamu, Hawkeye etc.?
"Good match up" is putting it very leniently but I think of the heavies Thor can fight against the combination. Strange is not so bad either if the Strange player is on point. Vergil + Hawkeye + Strider is the staple against it of course. I feel like MODOK plus 2 top assists like Missiles + Strider can compete with it.

There really isn't any single character that can deal with the duo... you need a potent duo of your own to combat it.

Toski

I usually just stand there, except if they tea bag me first, then I repay them.

crimsonspider89 said:
A lot of characters don't get played that should. I want more Spideys, Thors, and Skrulls running around. If those three appeared more often, the meta game would change heavily. Skrull and Thor would weaken Morrigan's game highly but alas will not happen.
If Spidey had just a little more hitstun on his normals then I would play him more, and it is for that reason I don't fear Spider-Man when I play against him.

Speaking of Spider-Man, I just played 20 games against a Wolverine/Deadpool/Spider-Man. Surprisingly complete team, too. Lots of funkiness with the web ball assist.

Also, I can really feel my X-23 improving already, I'm making better use of my available tools.

Skrull has his anti air grab, inferno which eats the fireballs. And of course Meteor Smash. Those are the reasons why he can deal with Morrigan. And Skrull is always ran with Sent or Strange. Since he already loves Bolts.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
...you want to waste a bar to eat some fireballs?
Do you have better options? It can also neutralize the situation, you don't eat fireballs full-screen, you do it to also put Morrigan in blockstun temporarily so you can reset the screen.

At this point characters who have to burn meter to compete with MorriDoom are those that can best deal with her, i.e. Vergil.

Zissou

Vergil gets in with spiral swords. Nova gets in with human rocket. Inferno just wastes like a second of AV and then you're back to square one. I don't think inferno is even safe to just randomly throw out there either.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Vergil gets in with spiral swords. Nova gets in with human rocket. Inferno just wastes like a second of AV and then you're back to square one. I don't think inferno is even safe to just randomly throw out there either.
No, but it's only really punishable if Morrigan is directly infront of you or slightly above. Like every other super though, you would have to have correct placement, but it is indeed a useful tool.

Dahbomb

Burning meter to get in against MorriDoom isn't optimum, it's a hail mary. Even with Vergil, if you burn your initial meter to get in what happens when you don't get the hit? Vergil has no air mobility to dodge the fireballs long enough to earn the meter for a second Spiral Swords. That's why Vajra is essential for him against the fight, he can't do this solo.

I say the same for She Hulk, her anti-air hyper is a hail mary and you have to still get in the right position and time it right. If you fail at it then you wasted a bar and probably lost here as well.

Human Rocket is the same, there is no guarantee that you will get the hit. Making Morrigan stop for a few seconds isn't enough when she can make you stop your game play for much longer. Nova however does well overall against Morrigan because of tools like Energy Javelin, conversion off of Vajra, air throw game, Gravimetric Pulse H, Power of the Nova Force (for when you get a hit on Morrigan and missiles are active) and flight mode to evade fireballs.

Skrull has Inferno (to absorb fireballs/missiles when you get the hit to avoid combo breaker situation), anti-air grabs and Meteor Smash. 2 of them don't require meter so he can go for the hail mary numerous times.

Zissou

No, but it's only really punishable if Morrigan is directly infront of you or slightly above. Like every other super though, you would have to have correct placement, but it is indeed a useful tool.

Seems situational. I'm not convinced Skrull is uniquely good against Morrigan. His long range grabs are nice, but missiles limit your ability to random meteor smash and he has poor options for stalling in the air to avoid chip.

Dahbomb

He's not "good" against it but he can do something in the fight. You can pair him up with Bolts so that if you get a random Meteor Smash hit you can confirm off of it for a combo.

FSLink

Banned
Can someone explain the TAC glitch while using Zero? Lv3 Buster, exchange, dash, exchange in a diifferent direction right? Also trying to figure out how to start Lightning Loop from a DHC from either Dante or Vergil's supers...

You use Inferno to help clear the screen when you reach midscreen distance. She Hulk's aa grab hyper is useful to DHC into though.

The strategy with skrull is to steadily throw out bolts/meteors until she gets cocky and gets within inferno distance and aa grab distance then kill.

Skrull does well against a lot of the zoning strategies.

Dahbomb

And if the Morrigan player isn't dumb?
With Bolts, sooner or later she would be put into a situation where a guess has to be made. If she is going ham with fireballs she might get clipped by Meteor Smash. If she is too defense and gets blocking Bolts that might be a command throw opportunity.

Of course super smart Morrigan should always beat that but I mean... no one plays perfect or smart all the time.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
GGs Beardo!

My favorite part was when I swung on a teleporting in Dark Phoenix and won lol.

One day I won't fall for empty tridash low.

Top Bottom