• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Final count for the night: 106 games with my main team.

Damn it beard stop losing to my ghetto makeshift team I havent played in over 3 months D:

As opposed to a team I've been playing for 2 days? By the way, FUCK DARK ARTHUR. 90% of my losses were from that shit. I dunno why it only occurred to me to snap him in in the last game LOL

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm focusing on learning Strider/X-23/Magneto.

You should put strider 3rd in the end after you get him down.

mag/x-23/strider

or x-23/mag/strider

I was laughing when you were getting confused by felicia's side swap move I never see that shit get used ever XD

edit: Honestly. Q? You should play Felicia/Taskmaster/Arthur

Yeah I know that's one of my teams but I haven't practiced so I just picked sent to be lazy.

You should put strider 3rd in the end after you get him down.

mag/x-23/strider

or x-23/mag/strider

The whole point of the team is to go for Magneto's TAC infinite, though. That's why I went for so many TACs, just to practice. I'm not allowed to use training mode so I don't actually go for the infinite though.

I was laughing when you were getting confused by felicia's side swap move I never see that shit get used ever XD

I didn't even notice what happened the first time. I was like "wait how'd she get back there?"

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Strider team is pretty good since I no one plays X-23 and I had no clue what to do against her really. Also that team was annoying for the one I picked against it lol.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I should of counter picked your strider and x-23 with captain america lol

Strider team is pretty good since I no one plays X-23 and I had no clue what to do against her really. Also that team was annoying for the one I picked against it lol.

lol I played proto a fuck ton, and his x-23 was good so I already knew all her frame traps and angles and shit :D

Azure J

You know, I think this game is bad for my health. I was playing a long set with Sigmaah here and doing OK, until of course the dreaded Zero/OP Assist/Vergil team layout comes out. I'm all "it's OK, we have enough experience with it to do alright" and then I get mauled. Because if it isn't Zero prancing about like a death dealing fairy, it's Doom missiles combo breaking something, and if it isn't that it's yolo ass Vergil coming in to use the assist in the robot's stead and if it isn't just getting outright Vergil'd, it's some dumbass fucking bullshit like missing a grab punish on a Rapid Slash, or getting a superjump upback when I input Hienkyaku M, or any numerous amount of little errors building up overtime like frantically itching to convert something into damage and going Cold Shower when Dante's on the scene.

Then we play an epilogue set with me playing Spy May Stride and him playing the most disgusting team I've seen in Super Skrull/Sentinel/Dormammu. You'd think with a change of pace I'd be cooling down, and I actually did. Hell, I was busting out shit I had only seen myself do in training mode with that extended Viper combo - Jam Session unblockable - Thunder Knuckle H - Staircase to second character KO. Then of course, Dorm runs it all back because herp my third and game winning setup went perfectly, but Marvel's netcode says "you don't want that Knuckle son, you want a j.H, trust me!"

Fuck it, I'm done for a while.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Just experienced a hilarious glitch.

I was using Felicia and just used delta kick. My friend who used magneto, so he used back SRK + H (magnet move that would force you to into ground) against my felicia. That caused my felicia floated in the air and move toward to magneto. It didn't stopped there, she kept moving to left "Wall" of stage and got stuck there until he had to hit me to get me out of glitch.

Solune

LOL

Yeah you counter it by snapping him in, I have ways around that but I was playing half distracted for the last half of the set due to a skype call... that stupid ass dango dango dango clannad song DOES NOT MAKE GOOD MVC3 MUSIC
Haha, it makes mushy warm feeling xmas music though I guess?
i need some for lack of molester man
Does SephirothRK still play marvel?

I saw him like one day last week or the week before playing while I was training in SFxT.

Also we should play sometime God's Beard.

Solune

Mostly Chris not doing enough work. Combination of playing lazy and not learning, but that's nothing new. A lack of an invincible super really hurts I felt during our matches.

Yeah I know that's one of my teams but I haven't practiced so I just picked sent to be lazy.
Picking Sentinel over Taskmaster to be lazy? I don't understand.

LOL

Yeah you counter it by snapping him in, I have ways around that but I was playing half distracted for the last half of the set due to a skype call... that stupid ass dango dango dango clannad song DOES NOT MAKE GOOD MVC3 MUSIC
Or save X-Factor for Arthur and relax. :p

You know, I think this game is bad for my health. I was playing a long set with Sigmaah here and doing OK, until of course the dreaded Zero/OP Assist/Vergil team layout comes out. I'm all "it's OK, we have enough experience with it to do alright" and then I get mauled. Because if it isn't Zero prancing about like a death dealing fairy, it's Doom missiles combo breaking something, and if it isn't that it's yolo ass Vergil coming in to use the assist in the robot's stead and if it isn't just getting outright Vergil'd, it's some dumbass fucking bullshit like missing a grab punish on a Rapid Slash, or getting a superjump upback when I input Hienkyaku M, or any numerous amount of little errors building up overtime like frantically itching to convert something into damage and going Cold Shower when Dante's on the scene.

Then we play an epilogue set with me playing Spy May Stride and him playing the most disgusting team I've seen in Super Skrull/Sentinel/Dormammu. You'd think with a change of pace I'd be cooling down, and I actually did. Hell, I was busting out shit I had only seen myself do in training mode with that extended Viper combo - Jam Session unblockable - Thunder Knuckle H - Staircase to second character KO. Then of course, Dorm runs it all back because herp my third and game winning setup went perfectly, but Marvel's netcode says "you don't want that Knuckle son, you want a j.H, trust me!"

Man, so much salt there! How are you losing to anchor Dormammu with your team? All three of your characters are Dormammu counterpicks.

Does SephirothRK still play marvel?
I haven't seen him play in a while.

Well it IS my birthday today!
Happy BDay.

Always block high and pushblock Arthur. He's like MODOK with his low game.

I did, then my x-factor ran out and I got chipped to death with evil spears :-(

Plus, half the time I just guess on the highs because I can't see where he is behind the dragons. I didn't pushblock enough, though.

I did, then my x-factor ran out and I got chipped to death with evil spears :-(
Let him have your first character in chip damage. Then burn XF2 to save the next one. If you just have one character left, eat about 50% of your life in chip, and then burn XF3 and just wait Arthur's timer out with your own. It's a battle of patience, it's not like Strider or Vergil where you need to kill him before he gets lucky.

Frantic

Merry Christmas everyone, and Happy Birthday Beef. It's my birthday as well. Marvel GAFs got one on the PSN side, and one on the XBL side. :p

That's Marvel. "You want something that makes sense? Nah, here, have something else instead." It just loves to screw you over whenever it can. I swear this game sometimes reads my double jump attempts as 'not blocking' because I often get hit whenever I double jump. Maybe I move the analog stick too high, but I swear my thumb is in the upback position.

But honestly, you've kind of taken on a monumental task with your team selection. Viper/Dante/Strider aren't easy characters to learn individually, and you're learning all three at the same time. Considering you're playing 'catch up' with a lot of people as it is, you're doing pretty well.

Azure J

Merry Christmas everyone, and Happy Birthday Beef. It's my birthday as well. Marvel GAFs got one on the PSN side, and one on the XBL side. :p

That's Marvel. "You want something that makes sense? Nah, here, have something else instead." It just loves to screw you over whenever it can. I swear this game sometimes reads my double jump attempts as 'not blocking' because I often get hit whenever I double jump. Maybe I move the analog stick too high, but I swear my thumb is in the upback position.

But honestly, you've kind of taken on a monumental task with your team selection. Viper/Dante/Strider aren't easy characters to learn individually, and you're learning all three at the same time. Considering you're playing 'catch up' with a lot of people as it is, you're doing pretty well.

Happy Birthday to you too! :lol

I always felt like my blocking just straight up doesn't get read at times but never wanted to say anything because I felt like I'd just be making excuses for myself and took it to heart too much, but there are some moments where I know I'm coming in, defending against a block string or whatever else and I get hit with something that shouldn't even be an issue (last night was a bunch of Sent frying pans, the most obvious thing in the world) and I'm just left going "lolwhat?"

Regarding my team selection, I'm kinda glad to hear that I don't seem to be flailing around without a plan like I used to when I first picked up the group, but you're right in that it's a hard group to master even if I love it all in a masochistic way. :lol

In a few, I'm going to get some matches I played on stream for some SRK buddies and ask for some more judgments. Right now, it's Christmas bitches, and I need to get on some Apple Pie & mint tea.

Guys, I was thinking of practicing a Zero/____/Strider team, besides the obvious Vergil choice, what would be a good second?

It's the birthday of like 4 people I somewhat kinda know today what the hell. Happy whatever you're celebrating guys (that includes birthdays).

What did everyone at MarvelGAF get for the holidays? Me, right now only Paper Mario, I have to wait for the mail to get here to get my copy of VLR and my Jojo figuree =.=

Top Bottom