• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

XF3 Arthur actually isn't scary at all if all they do is throw lances. The proper pushblock timing will negate all the damage. But then if you're playing a good Arthur you have to worry about him coming in huehuehue

smurfx

get some go again
XF3 Arthur actually isn't scary at all if all they do is throw lances. The proper pushblock timing will negate all the damage. But then if you're playing a good Arthur you have to worry about him coming in huehuehue
yeah i usually just air hug with haggar against bad arthur players or super jump spidy swing with task.

Sigmaah

You know, I think this game is bad for my health. I was playing a long set with Sigmaah here and doing OK, until of course the dreaded Zero/OP Assist/Vergil team layout comes out. I'm all "it's OK, we have enough experience with it to do alright" and then I get mauled. Because if it isn't Zero prancing about like a death dealing fairy, it's Doom missiles combo breaking something, and if it isn't that it's yolo ass Vergil coming in to use the assist in the robot's stead and if it isn't just getting outright Vergil'd, it's some dumbass fucking bullshit like missing a grab punish on a Rapid Slash, or getting a superjump upback when I input Hienkyaku M, or any numerous amount of little errors building up overtime like frantically itching to convert something into damage and going Cold Shower when Dante's on the scene.

Then we play an epilogue set with me playing Spy May Stride and him playing the most disgusting team I've seen in Super Skrull/Sentinel/Dormammu. You'd think with a change of pace I'd be cooling down, and I actually did. Hell, I was busting out shit I had only seen myself do in training mode with that extended Viper combo - Jam Session unblockable - Thunder Knuckle H - Staircase to second character KO. Then of course, Dorm runs it all back because herp my third and game winning setup went perfectly, but Marvel's netcode says "you don't want that Knuckle son, you want a j.H, trust me!"

Fuck it, I'm done for a while.

Lmao I love you bro <3

You were doing viper shit that was crazy, like her air burn kick cancels into her air normals and other shit, I was like da fuq is this shit? you're performing better and better as we play more and more! Don't get mad and just keep playing BruhBruh.

Also that Skrull team, I made that shit right on the spot :>

smurfx

get some go again
azure

you are giving hawkeye way too much space to operate. a lot of the time you were pretty far away and let me get my offense started without much fear. you got me a few times with viper and xfactored and killed hawkeye but i'm very willing to take that since now i don't have to worry about level 2 or 3 dante or strider. although my team is a pretty good counter to your team so i can't blame you for being a little hesitant to rush me down since lariat is there to interrupt your offense.

Ok, I'm in the training room and I'm not sure what the most optimal combo with Zero/Nova(Centurion Rush)/Strider(Vajra) would be. Any ideas? D:

Lmao I love you bro <3

You were doing viper shit that was crazy, like her air burn kick cancels into her air normals and other shit, I was like da fuq is this shit? you're performing better and better as we play more and more! Don't get mad and just keep playing BruhBruh.

Also that Skrull team, I made that shit right on the spot :>

im scared of your zero lol

new years resolution...

learn to do novas overhead....on purpose.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Does Storm actually need to have meteorological knowledge to use her powers, or is it just "I want it to rain"?
If she's had her powers since she was a child or didn't need them in the first place, I'm heavily guessing the latter.

Not like any additional meteorological knowledge would even help her though if she's already one with the elements.

Does Storm actually need to have meteorological knowledge to use her powers, or is it just "I want it to rain"?

"Storm possesses the psionic ability to control all forms of weather over vast areas. She has been able to control both Earthly and extraterrestrial ecosystems on several occasions. She can modify the temperature of the environment, control all forms of precipitation, humidity and moisture (at a molecular level), generate lightning and other electromagnetic atmospheric phenomena, and has demonstrated excellent control over atmospheric pressure. She can incite all forms of meteorological tempests, such as tornadoes, thunderstorms, blizzards, and hurricanes,[78] as well as mist. She can dissipate such weather to form clear skies as well."

If she's had her powers since she was a child or didn't need them in the first place, I'm heavily guessing the latter.

Not like any additional meteorological knowledge would even help her though if she's already one with the elements.
Well, how does she control it, then? Does she "will it", like moving an arm, is it tied to her emotions, etc.?

"Storm possesses the psionic ability to control all forms of weather over vast areas. She has been able to control both Earthly and extraterrestrial ecosystems on several occasions. She can modify the temperature of the environment, control all forms of precipitation, humidity and moisture (at a molecular level), generate lightning and other electromagnetic atmospheric phenomena, and has demonstrated excellent control over atmospheric pressure. She can incite all forms of meteorological tempests, such as tornadoes, thunderstorms, blizzards, and hurricanes,[78] as well as mist. She can dissipate such weather to form clear skies as well."
That doesn't answer the question. -_-

It's in the first sentence! It's a psionic ability. Unless you're wondering what arm movements she does or something.
I psionics are just a method, I want to know how she does it. Saying it's "psionic" is like saying your internet is wireless. It still doesn't tell me how a message is being communicated to and fro, what it required, etc.

No she doesn't and psionic is just what they use to describe it. Not really psychic just in touch with nature. She has no meterological knowledge and just goes give me a hurricane and flies and boom hurricane.

LOL.

Yeah, I saw the thread.

No she doesn't and psionic is just what they use to describe it. Not really psychic just in touch with nature. She has no meterological knowledge and just goes give me a hurricane and flies and boom hurricane.

LOL.
This is what I was looking for, though. So it's just pure force of will?

Ok, I think I got the meterless combo (650k~ damage with cM+Nova unblockable) down now. Time to learn lightning loops I guess. Does anyone have execution tips they'd like to share?

He was just using IF..... IF isn't required..... The entire point of the video was how you can use mad hopper DHC to set up an unblockable with boulder trap and hard tag to another character. And let that character benefit from the unblockable.

Vice

You need 2 meters to start the setup so I doubt it's practical. If you have 2 meters chances are you have already landed a hit with Spencer and has already leveled West up to lvl 4.

It's great for converting off of random bionic lancers though. Not the most pracitcal but not entirely useless. It's a neat gimmick.

I'm having trouble breaking 750K with my Nova combos without burning red life.. My team is Nova/Vergil/Strider. My optimized combos is H loop > Vergil assist call > otg slide > centurion rush M > centurion rush H > super.

Is my best bet just DHCing to swords or is there something else I could be doing?

Sigmaah

im scared of your zero lol

new years resolution...

learn to do novas overhead....on purpose.

Haha he's nothing special, Smurf takes him down no problem lol. I really like Nova and wanted to main him from the get go but I dunno why I haven't, I should though. I love his char design.

the video with rr unblockable set up had 400 views last night....log in today and theres close to 2800 views.....

should I expect to run into vergil RR spencer teams online now?

If I'm ever on PS3 and not playing Marvel, invite me anyway. It's because nobody is playing and I can't use training mode, so sometimes I just play RAGE or whatever.

Top Bottom