• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Frantic

Side note: Dante/Iron Man (Repulsar)/Strider for another MorriDoom theory counter. Y/N?
It would cover Dante reasonably well, I suppose. I'd probably use it to throw out Multi-Locks in an attempt to snipe her.

If Dante could block during Multi-Lock, it'd probably be one of the best tools against Morrigan - hell, probably one of the better tools in the game - but alas. I wonder if Capcom ever allowed Dante to combo during it. I have a feeling it got nerfed somewhere along the lines.

Vice

I think something like Vergil/Shuma/Strider is a MorriDoom counter. Toss on the gucci belt asap, keep her grounded with vajra. Call ray in response to missiles.

onionfrog

I can't do TAC infinites so I can't check if they removed it. But they are easier to react to, the color flashed before the TAC so if you know the colors you can break them. Sort of like a real QTE now only no one should get hit by it.

Wesker:
*Hyper counter has invincibility on start up now

Iron Man:
*Theme replaced by a remixed Black Sabbath Iron Man theme song.
If only this were true.

Dahbomb

What kind of idiot would nerf Shell Kick? Proof that it's a joke right there.
Capcpom obviously. Same people who would make Vergil's SS 2 meter and his other formations 3 meters rather than come up with an actual solution to SS.

So which character I should check next? Going to check Deadpool next.

Azure J

Frantic, stop talking about charged multilock. When I think of what could have been, bobbing and weaving setting up traps with it... Mannnnnn.

Frank. The team is begging for it.

This is a good pick too.

Also just towards you Beef, no hard feelings from me in the Final Round thread regarding discussions on Missiles. :p

I like the zoning game/MorriDoom, I'm just wondering how one would solve it's bigger problems and keep its value as an assist with the mentality of a designer and not a player.

This is a good pick too.

Also just towards you Beef, no hard feelings from me in the Final Round thread regarding discussions on Missiles. :p

RsM8q9h.png

I played like, a week ago. I seriously don't know what happened. Maybe I somehow deleted the patch data? I dunno.

Well if you aren't joking then maybe you're like me and you constantly have to download a patch or some shit because you keep changing games.

My cache clears or something, so every time I play several different games without going back to Marvel, I have to "update" it. I was just playing it two days ago, but since then I've played XCOM, Tomb Raider, Dead Space 2, and Sleeping Dogs. Chances are I have to download some shit the next time I turn it on.

Dahbomb

Deadpool:

*Deadpool has new win quotes. He now promotes his new game that is coming out. He also states that he wasn't in the X Men Origins movie.

*Timing on Slice to Chimichangas is not super tight now, it's actually fairly easy now.

*Teleport explosion now only causes soft knockdown.

*LVL3 changed into a LVL1. Animations are sped up a bit so it doesn't take as much time to complete. Does a bit less damage now.

*Grenades and Ninja Stars hit OTG now.

*Trigger Happy H assist replaced with M version.

Deadpool:

*Deadpool has new win quotes. He now promotes his new game that is coming out. He also states that he wasn't in the X Men Origins movie.

*Timing on Slice to Chimichangas is not super tight now, it's actually fairly easy now.

*Teleport explosion now only causes soft knockdown.

*LVL3 changed into a LVL1. Animations are sped up a bit so it doesn't take as much time to complete. Does a bit less damage now.

*Grenades and Ninja Stars hit OTG now.

*Trigger Happy H assist replaced with M version.

This got a good chuckle out of me.

I think everyone should make it a project for this week(end) to come up with some possible MorriDoom counters. I mean really think outside the box, cause you're probably gonna have to step outside of your comfort zone.

Dahbomb

Dormammu:

*Flame Carpet doesn't hit low anymore.

*Dorm seems to do less damage on his standard BBCS combo and Chaotic Flame.

*3C0D hits OTG now.

*Can use Purification in the air now.

Phoenix Wright:

*Turnabout Mode is now a permanent transformation.

*They fixed his XF values in TA mode, now it scales like other characters.

*Wright is immune to grabs and command grabs when he is inside the Maya shield.

*Bad evidence is removed and you get 3 good evidences always. You can throw away a good evidence if that's not one you want in the match. You won't get the same evidence again until you have rotated through all 6. The order in which they appear is also fixed, there are no random properties with which you get these evidence pieces.

*They have lowered the speed at which you can spam projectiles in TA mode, probably to counter balance the fact that you have it permanently.

Don't really play PW much but that's what I found.

I semi agree. Patience could get your ass chipped out though. Patience has only worked for me because when I find am avoiding the fireballs it seems to make people actually want to attack. I don't think that would work on Chris G though. He seems content to just stay back as long as he has the life lead. Does he ever pick Strider instead of Vergil?

Dahbomb

Joe:

*Red Hot Kick hits OTG. He can now combo after air throws with it.

*Six Machine hyper does not have invincibility on it anymore.

*Regular Zoomerang assist changed for a fully charged Zoomerang. Comes out without any charge time.

Ok, so I'm narrowing down my characters again. Brought Trish over from my Deadpool team(I don't think it was working out. Deadpool is really cool and managing his retardedly good teleport is fun, but his standard movement options kinda weird me out) for

Trish/Wesker/Magneto

and went back to the drawing board with some older or less focused on characters to work out a team and got

Thor/Rocket Raccoon/Strange

I think both are pretty good teams. With the first one, It's pretty much just characters I like using, and I've got unblockables which is cool.

I like all the characters on the second team, and there's a lot of fun stuff Thor can do with it. Fullscreen confirms off of Bolts,pulling people out of the air with Log Trap. Also a ton of hyper trap setups and extended strange combos off DHCs. There's also some crazy things you can do off of their THC.

Any tips? I can do impact palm loops now!

Dormammu:

*Flame Carpet doesn't hit low anymore.

*Dorm seems to do less damage on his standard BBCS combo and Chaotic Flame.

*3C0D hits OTG now.

*Can use Purification in the air now.
Are you sure 0D1C and 0D2C don't OTG now? Or maybe they're not negative on block?

I'm cool with these changes otherwise. Flame Carpet unblockables are pretty BS.

onionfrog

Phoenix Wright:

*Turnabout Mode is now a permanent transformation.

*They fixed his XF values in TA mode, now it scales like other characters.

*Wright is immune to grabs and command grabs when he is inside the Maya shield.

*Bad evidence is removed and you get 3 good evidences always. You can throw away a good evidence if that's not one you want in the match. You won't get the same evidence again until you have rotated through all 6. The order in which they appear is also fixed, there are no random properties with which you get these evidence pieces.

*They have lowered the speed at which you can spam projectiles in TA mode, probably to counter balance the fact that you have it permanently.

Don't really play PW much but that's what I found.
This buffs are too much.

Can you try out Hsienko?

Dahbomb

I don't know shit about RR and Hsien Ko. Will try out the Spy May Stride team.

Viper:

*Seems to do less damage in combos but it's not a big change.

*EX Seismo canno be jump cancelled. Easy to punish on block but you can still cancel it into another EX move.

*Unblockable has almost no hit stun if you hit an airborne opponent.

Strider:

*Vajra seems to track less accurately.

*Legion hyper does more damage.

Generally the same as before.

Dante:

*Crazy Dance easier to perform.

*Bold cancel not as super safe anymore. I was able to punish Dante from full screen with Chaotic Flame after I did bold cancel block after a move. It still works but not quite as instantly.

*Can solo combo from air throw if low to the ground. Can combo from.ground throw only if opponent is near corner.

Dahbomb

Oh snaps... if you enter the Konami code you unlock 4 new characters!

Gene and Nero from Capcom and Psylocke plus Venom from Marvel.

Megaman am cry. BRB checking Nero out.

Frantic

Sorry, I just think about DMC3 too much and wish UMvC3 Dante had all of it. :p

I still dream of a chargeable Beast Uppercut > Unblockable Real Impact, chargeable Distortion that acts like a beam, Trickshot that flies from one corner to the other in the air to deter flight characters, etc, etc.

Oh snaps... if you enter the Konami code you unlock 4 new characters!

Gene and Nero from Capcom and Psylocke plus Venom from Marvel.

Megaman am cry. BRB checking Nero out.
I want to see your Cacpcom Nero, since I had a few concepts in my head for him. Mainly because it would be very, very easy to make him dumber than Dante and Vergil and I liked the idea of actually balancing him.

Frantic

Dante players.....how does fireworks clash with other projectiles? But mostly with soul fist....
Fireworks has a theoretical 130 low durability points since each individual pellet is 5 low durability points and there's a max of 26 projectiles(I believe. That's the max that'll hit, anyways). It'll go through just about everything in a projectile war, and reaches super jump height at full screen(but not closer. It fires in a cone - small at the start, huge at the end)

The main problem with Fireworks is that it's a tight cancel(2 frame window), has slow startup(Reverb Shock + Fireworks is 33-34 frames of startup), and if you whiff it you're pretty vulnerable. It's really good, but not completely practical. It's more likely that you'll eat 4 or more Soul Fists in the face than have it come out.

Dahbomb

LOL Nero is more "fair and balanced" than Vergil (especially this new Vergil). MVC3 will forever be run by DMC characters.

*Devil Bringer works like Spencer's grapples. He can zip around the place. He can also snatch enemies then Buster them for an OTG like Spencer. He has no air dash but he does mid air Calibur which causes wall bounce and a double jump.

*Nero's normals are somewhere between Dante's and Vergil's in terms of priority but he can whiff cancel them and his normals are safer than Vergil's.

*Nero has a command grab off of which he gets a full combo. He can also command grab air to air like Thor.

*Nero has no teleport of course.

*Blue Rose works like Buster. Lvl1 charge works like the Chris Magnum, causea a bounce. Lvl2 is a wider hit box more durable shot and causes a high damage explosion on hit. Lvl3 is same as lvl2 only after the explosion the opponent is tagged with an explosive shell on hit and it works like getting tagged by Shuma's Eye balls. Nero can cancel all his normals and specials into his lvl3 Blue Rose.

*Nero has standard moves like Helm Breaker, Streak (works like Stinger) and Shuffle which works like a combi extender due to it's multi hitting property. Launcher is High Roller. These moves have EX versions at the cost of 1 bar. Helm Breaker turns into Split, has AOE splash and is safe on block plus is invincible like Vanilla Hammer. EX Streak is triple rolling attack that makes Nero move across the screen, works exactly like EX Thunder Knuckle only ends with a wall bounce. Shuffle becomes a reversal move and leads into a combo but is unsafe on block like EX Streak. Calibur also has EX variant and it also makes Nero invincible.

*Nero has 3 hyper moves. Maximum Bet, Showdown and Devil Trigger. Maximum Bet is his standard lvl1 hyper where he throws a massive X shaped projectile across the screen sort of like Zero's LVL3 but it scales in damage and doesn't have invincibility. DT gives no damage/speed boost but gives you a summoned demon that functions like Zero's clone. Plus Nero's charged Blue Shots are accompanied by 2/4/6 Summoned Swords. Showdown is his LVL3 which is him doing a bunch of slashes with his demon form in stylish manner.

LOL Nero is more "fair and balanced" than Vergil (especially this new Vergil). MVC3 will forever be run by DMC characters.

*Devil Bringer works like Spencer's grapples. He can zip around the place. He can also snatch enemies then Buster them for an OTG like Spencer. He has no air dash but he does mid air Calibur which causes wall bounce and a double jump.

*Nero's normals are somewhere between Dante's and Vergil's in terms of priority but he can whiff cancel them and his normals are safer than Vergil's.

*Nero has a command grab off of which he gets a full combo. He can also command grab air to air like Thor.

*Nero has no teleport of course.

*Blue Rose works like Buster. Lvl1 charge works like the Chris Magnum, causea a bounce. Lvl2 is a wider hit box more durable shot and causes a high damage explosion on hit. Lvl3 is same as lvl2 only after the explosion the opponent is tagged with an explosive shell on hit and it works like getting tagged by Shuma's Eye balls. Nero can cancel all his normals and specials into his lvl3 Blue Rose.

*Nero has standard moves like Helm Breaker, Streak (works like Stinger) and Shuffle which works like a combi extender due to it's multi hitting property. Launcher is High Roller. These moves have EX versions at the cost of 1 bar. Helm Breaker turns into Split, has AOE splash and is safe on block plus is invincible like Vanilla Hammer. EX Streak is triple rolling attack that makes Nero move across the screen, works exactly like EX Thunder Knuckle only ends with a wall bounce. Shuffle becomes a reversal move and leads into a combo but is unsafe on block like EX Streak. Calibur also has EX variant and it also makes Nero invincible.

*Nero has 3 hyper moves. Maximum Bet, Showdown and Devil Trigger. Maximum Bet is his standard lvl1 hyper where he throws a massive X shaped projectile across the screen sort of like Zero's LVL3 but it scales in damage and doesn't have invincibility. DT gives no damage/speed boost but gives you a summoned demon that functions like Zero's clone. Plus Nero's charged Blue Shots are accompanied by 2/4/6 Summoned Swords. Showdown is his LVL3 which is him doing a bunch of slashes with his demon form in stylish manner.

you forgot nero's lvl 5 fusion.

Sayah

lol, I play one match online and the dude rage quits on me when his defeat is inevitable. Bleh.

I'm up for matches if anyone wants to play.

Fireworks has a theoretical 130 low durability points since each individual pellet is 5 low durability points and there's a max of 26 projectiles(I believe. That's the max that'll hit, anyways). It'll go through just about everything in a projectile war, and reaches super jump height at full screen(but not closer. It fires in a cone - small at the start, huge at the end)

The main problem with Fireworks is that it's a tight cancel(2 frame window), has slow startup(Reverb Shock + Fireworks is 33-34 frames of startup), and if you whiff it you're pretty vulnerable. It's really good, but not completely practical. It's more likely that you'll eat 4 or more Soul Fists in the face than have it come out.

Even though I play a complete garbage, and quite unusual Dante, I can actually do Fireworks 9/10 times. It's one of my primary tools while I'm playing Dante. I'm just wondering if I can make some sort of Dante/Shuma/Strider team work to handle MorriDoom. Meh.....I'm gonna be doing this stupid shit all week. This would probably be a hell of a lot easier if my own MorriDoom team would get beat more often.

Frantic

Can't you just mash Fireworks to make it come out? I mean that's what I did for the Mission mode combos lol.
You can mash it to come out on hit/block, but not on whiff. Gotta time it. Well, technically you can mash it out, but you'll still have to hit it on the frames that it can be canceled into.

Azure J

I don't know shit about RR and Hsien Ko. Will try out the Spy May Stride team.

Viper:

*Seems to do less damage in combos but it's not a big change.

*EX Seismo canno be jump cancelled. Easy to punish on block but you can still cancel it into another EX move.

*Unblockable has almost no hit stun if you hit an airborne opponent.

Strider:

*Vajra seems to track less accurately.

*Legion hyper does more damage.

Generally the same as before.

Dante:

*Crazy Dance easier to perform.

*Bold cancel not as super safe anymore. I was able to punish Dante from full screen with Chaotic Flame after I did bold cancel block after a move. It still works but not quite as instantly.

*Can solo combo from air throw if low to the ground. Can combo from.ground throw only if opponent is near corner.

Viper is ASS now. 2/10 would not play, etc.

Sorry, I just think about DMC3 too much and wish UMvC3 Dante had all of it. :p

I still dream of a chargeable Beast Uppercut > Unblockable Real Impact, chargeable Distortion that acts like a beam, Trickshot that flies from one corner to the other in the air to deter flight characters, etc, etc.

I still wish if he had Zodiac somehow. I just want to throw things at people who want to be all beambeambeam sometimes, even if I know better. And if his just frames with the different weapons led to weapon specific cancels. Reverb = Distortion (half screen vertical Jam Session with Repulsar Spread properties), Revolver - Sattelite (so you can Lariat while you Lariat assist), and Jet Stream - Crawler or Million Slash.

Dante players.....how does fireworks clash with other projectiles? But mostly with soul fist....

Refer to Frantic's findings. I haven't used it enough vs. other projectiles to know much about the values myself.

I think the agreed move to use against her is Inferno or whatever that spinny fire move is called.

Yes indeed.

Frantic

I still wish if he had Zodiac somehow. I just want to throw things at people who want to be all beambeambeam sometimes, even if I know better. And if his just frames with the different weapons led to weapon specific cancels. Reverb = Distortion (half screen vertical Jam Session with Repulsar Spread properties), Revolver - Sattelite (so you can Lariat while you Lariat assist), and Jet Stream - Crawler or Million Slash.
I had Distortion as a style cancel for Tune Up, which would basically be an anti-air angled Air play on the ground. Reverb Shock would cancel into Feedback/Crazy Roll.

Zodiac would be a half-screen projectile that has the startup of Drive's recovery, and the recovery of Drive's startup that has like 7/8 low durability points to go through other projectiles.
[/dmcnut]

onionfrog

I think I watched this when you first posted it, but I can appreciate it alot more now that I'm attempting to play as Dante.
I've been pretty happy with Dante/Hawkeye/Sentinel and x/Dante/Sentinel for the past week or two, but I should try out x/Dante/Strider for a while too. (I'm already reasonably comfortable with Strider from using him on my main team)

FuLLBLeeD

Neo Member
I can't do TAC infinites so I can't check if they removed it. But they are easier to react to, the color flashed before the TAC so if you know the colors you can break them. Sort of like a real QTE now only no one should get hit by it.

Iron Man:

*Is godlike now

*Tri dashes are restored to Vanilla status

*Proton Cannon causes soft knockdown if cancelled before final hit. You can do PC XF PC now from full screen.

*Has a real wave dash now but still not as fast as the trenchcoats on the ground.

*Smart Bombs have less recovery in the air and along with his Unibeam can be fly cancelled

*Cr.M and st.H have the same range now. Finally a universal combo hit confirmation.

*Theme replaced by a remixed Black Sabbath Iron Man theme song.

I actually like Ultimate Iron Man's air mobility but when I think about if he had a real ground dash, I cry. I cry real tears.

If a glitch was ever discovered that allowed characters to cancel their dashes before they are supposed to be able too I would like this game a lot more.

Dahbomb

By the way someone asked for everyone on Marvel GAF to come up with their own Morrigan "counters" so I propose mine:

Captain America (Charging Star) / Dante (Jam Session) / Strider (Vajra)

Basically the game plan is that when Vajra is off cooldown you charge in with Charging Star under cover of Vajra. Even if you Charging Star below Morrigan, she would either have to block Vajra or get crossed up/reverse her inputs to get hit by Vajra. Captain American can OTG into a combo from a Vajra hit or X factor if needed. When Morrigan has AV, Captain America can either call Jam Session to absorb fireballs or charge in with Vajra call or stall in the air by throwing out shields + double jump. You don't burn meter for random Hyper Charging Stars, you save it for Dante for when you need to bail out Captain America with HCS into Devil Trigger.

Dante's game plan is standard in the match up. Use Twister to absorb fireball while trying to snipe Morrigan with Vajra. Use Jam Session in the match up as well. If Captain America assist is available you can use that to create some room horizontally. Use meter for Devil Trigger and either stall, use Air Raid to damage Dr Doom or Vortex through the fireballs. Teleport plus Vajra for mix up and to get in.

Strider for anchor comeback.

It's not perfect, it's not the best but it's my proposed "counter" team that people can feel free to test out and see if it works or not.

I think someone can try out Cap plus Shuma as well. Charging Star plus Mystic Ray.

Top Bottom