• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Frantic

He sort of gets wrecked more than most characters by the health increase because he does not have great mix ups and he just BARELY TODs now, he won't be able to in the new patch. That's a big difference for him when before he could kill in one touch and now he has to land 2 hits. He has no potential for big damage off of throws either because his scaling is soft.
Isn't his scaling 20/20?

How about he just recovers from stars and stripes mid air

:lol
Let's make all invincible reversals safe on block.

J-Tier

Man, all these update suggestions reminds me that not so long ago, there were lots of people simply saying to let the game die whenever anyone brought up hopes for an update. Sometimes I wonder why people just can't let other people like what they like.

Anyways, I don't respond in here too much, but damn do I love Marvel. Probably my favorite fighting game series still. An update would be ace, though uncertain, they're definitely mulling it over in their minds.

Faster as in whatever hyper charging star can connect with his level 3 can as well.

The fact it's slower than his level 1 hyper is a bit stupid.
I'll take a look at the data.

haha my nephew bought umvc3 and this first team is vergil/dante/zero. wrong order but they sure learn fast.
Goddamn.

Those Captain America changes are dull and empty as hell. And the Tron changes aren't that great either.

Mid tiers at best.
Tron just got an anti-air with invincibility that leads to full combos, though. :p

That is a very fair changelist to Vergil, dont disagree with any really, and Dahbomb already mentioned Trick being a staple.
Lunar Phase getting a buff - I'mokwiththis.jpg
On assists, unless Rising Sun were to get invincibility like Ryuenjin OR Increased Hitstun (currently crossover counter is very hard to follow up) It should be replaced with Lunar Phase.
Lunar Phase would have some extremely weird assist usage since it goes so high. I'm not sure I'm okay with that.

Where were you for Chris changes?

Chun Li already does that and she can use her reversal in the air. :X

Solune reminded me that Vergil's Rising Sun assist needs to be fixed. It needs to retain the properties of the point version so when you CC into it you get a full combo and should be fully invincible when you CC into it.
You can't teleport cancel Rising Sun?

Dahbomb

Bring back the old sheild throw hit stun decay. Fix it so it doesnt infinite. There cap now has longer more damaging combos :p
I was going to say this but I don't know how you would implement such a change without resulting in an infinite.

You can't teleport cancel Rising Sun?
It's just insanely hard to get a combo off of the CC version of Rising Sun. Whether it's intentional or not, it should be fixed because that assist is really mainly for the CC and it doesn't even function properly for that. It's definitely not the same as the point version.

Tron just got an anti-air with invincibility that leads to full combos, though. :p
One thing I want on Tron is Boulder to be adjusted so that you can combo solo with it after OTG pick up into Boulder. I think she should be able to combo off of her command throws solo with it especially if she is going to have good assists and people would player her down the order. Obviously the hit stun lowers in long combos so you can't just do an infinite with it.

Frantic

I bet the assist versions of Rapid Slash and Rising Sun were the beta versions of those moves before Capcom decided to change them into what they are now on point... but they forgot to change them as assists/CCs. That's why you can combo off a CC Rapid Slash, and it has 99 durability points.

Maybe not, but it seems like something Capcom would do.

FlyFaster

This Iron Man is not mediocre... he would be High tier minimum. Where does he even lack in? He now has strong mobility in the form of aerial plink dashes and ground plink dashes which greatly improves his offense and defense. He can already combo off of all throws, faster dashes means easier confirms from throws. He already had great normals so with great mobility he becomes a footsie monster. Smart Bomb trajectory changes gives him more zoning coverage. Cr.H going forward is an improvement to his ground zoning. He has superior mix ups now because on top of air dash down j.L he now has tri jump j.M from Vanilla. Bigger range on j.M and st.H means more reliable hit confirms off of his cr.M. Proton Cannon causing soft knockdown before final hit mean I can punish characters full screen away with PC XC PC or DHC into other hypers freely without worrying about characters dropping. Also PC is SAFE on block means now Iron Man finally has a safe DHC in. If TACs remain in tact he would still be a TAC monster. He also has 2 great assists to choose from. PC makes for a great THC in. This Iron Man is almost equivalent to Magneto, great all around tools/mobility decent to start with but has a high learning curve.

The only extra change that I agree to add on him is the double jump from Vanilla and that's even a big maybe.

To be fair, this has always been his move. MvC2 and vanilla both had IM with a double jump.

You make a good argument for the changes. Maybe the high learning curve though is what's bugging me. I feel like for the extra technical work it required to play IM to get the most out of him, I could just use less effort and get the same results from Magneto.

I keep arguing with this because there is such much just "dumb" stuff in the game. I mean this in a good way. Almost every character has that one move that is just soo good, Doom with missiles, Vergils sword belt, Zero's mirror, Morrigans mirror, Haggars, Pipe (you know it's true:) that we just flat out admit it's dumb. But, it makes the game so fun. The game is better for stuff like Wolverine's Dive kicks or Haggars pipe.

That broken, OP shit IS Mahvel!!

When it comes down to it, I guess I want Iron Man to have that. One just "dumb" move that makes him super fun. Everyone likes feeling like they have access to something powerful.

Dahbomb

I bet the assist versions of Rapid Slash and Rising Sun were the beta versions of those moves before Capcom decided to change them into what they are now on point... but they forgot to change them as assists/CCs. That's why you can combo off a CC Rapid Slash, and it has 99 durability points.

Maybe not, but it seems like something Capcom would do.
Same thing happened with She Hulk. They forgot to update her Clothesline to Ultimate version which wall bounces.

Capcpcom gonna Capcocom.

I keep arguing with this because there is such much just "dumb" stuff in the game. I mean this in a good way. Almost every character has that one move that is just soo good, Doom with missiles, Vergils sword belt, Zero's mirror, Morrigans mirror, Haggars, Pipe (you know it's true:) that we just flat out admit it's dumb. But, it makes the game so fun. The game is better for stuff like Wolverine's Dive kicks or Haggars pipe.
Most of that stuff is being nerfed though. That's why you can't go over board on Iron Man's buff.

Sheroking

I agree with the FGTV guys about Tron needing a zoning tool. She needs a way to make some characters rush her down.

Also think they need to re-buff the Gustaff Fire assist. It doesn't need to be completely invincible, but there has to be a happy medium.

He sort of gets wrecked more than most characters by the health increase because he does not have great mix ups and he just BARELY TODs now, he won't be able to in the new patch. That's a big difference for him when before he could kill in one touch and now he has to land 2 hits. He has no potential for big damage off of throws either because his scaling is soft.

I'm not so much worried about this because the high health characters, and the characters who deserve general health bumps, are characters he has less problems with hitting. It's all the mobile characters he needs to one touch, like Wolverine, Magneto, Zero, Vergil, Strider, etc - and if ANY of them have more than 950k health after the patch, someone fucked up.

He should remain a high damage defensive character. Shouldn't have good mix-ups.

Dahbomb

I feel that if Chris got an overhead so should Captain America. Problem is I don't know which move of his to make an overhead and have it make sense.

I would actually say that my main problem with Cap is that he's just so... vanilla. He has no real command normals, a straight reversal (Charging Star) and a standard DP (which in this game is meh if you can't combo off of it). His Shield throw is the only thing remotely interesting about him. I feel like he needs a cool mechanic or something... something like the more times his Shield clashes with projectiles the more durable his shield becomes. Would be bad ass to have a Cap running around with 20 Medium durability on his shield stacked up over the course of the game.

Wow, not one of the characters I asked for? :-(

Suggested changes I came up with:

Captain America:
*c.L is now +1 on block.
*j.d+H is now better for crossing up.
*Final Justice invincible from frames 0-36.

Assists: Shield Toss M, Charging Star H, Shield Toss L

Tron Bonne:
*j.H returned to Vanilla status.
*Servbot Takeout can be X-Factor canceled on whiff.
*Gustaff Fire is now upper body invincible.
*Servbot Launcher assist now reaches superjump height.
*Beacon Bomb recovery reduced to 10 frames.
*Servbot Takeout sends servbots onto the screen regardless of whether the beacon hit.
*Bandit Boulder now travels full screen.

Assists: Gustaff Fire, Bonne Strike H (fully mashed), Servbot Launcher (Tracking)
You sure you don't mean Beacon Bomb has tracking? Why does Servbot Launcher need to be superjump height and tracking? It's a shield. I liked the FGTV idea of having all 3 versions come out in a row for the assist.

Captain America:
*c.L is now +1 on block.
*j.d+H is now better for crossing up.
*Final Justice invincible from frames 0-36.

All I've got for Captain America is

• Adjust Charging Star so that more beam assists can connect afterwards(lower pop up?)
  • Shield Slash doesn't lose its hitbox when Captain America is blocking.

I feel that if Chris got an overhead so should Captain America. Problem is I don't know which move of his to make an overhead and have it make sense.
He doesn't need it, he has a double jump ambiguous crossup.

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";72469321]Blocking, not hit.[/QUOTE]
Still I don't like it. If this goes through, I want the same property on Vergil's Round Trip.

Still I don't like it. If this goes through, I want the same property on Vergil's Round Trip.

This isn't about whether or not a boomerang needs to konk people on the back of their heads, it's about increasing the defense of a slow character. You want Captain America to be stronger? This is a way to do it within the character's logic.

still too good territory.

its pretty easy to make it safe already.

But Captain America is already a punish character, I think it fits his toolset. Increasing his durability or whatever is less flavorful.

Dahbomb

This isn't about whether or not a boomerang needs to konk people on the back of their heads, it's about increasing the defense of a slow character. You want Captain America to be stronger? This is a way to do it within the character's logic.
I mean yea I want to be stronger but withing reason. This is a substantial buff for him and I don't know how it will play out in live games.

I put a maybe on that. But I really really want those chainable cr.Ls.

I mean, it's not a move that's gonna surprise people and it's not particularly durable anyway so I think it seems like a stronger ability than it really is.

I don't think any of the 4 characters need too many changes people weren't already thinking about, so this group will probably wrap up quickly.

I agree with the FGTV guys about Tron needing a zoning tool. She needs a way to make some characters rush her down.

Full screen boulder does that. It's not that slow and it's 10 durability.

kirblar

Some methedology notes, because making me agree with HONZO makes me angry.

"Why are we changing this" is the major issue I have with the lists you're putting out there for changes. A changelist is useless without context. Developers get to just put out patch notes because they've already gone through this process. We don't have that luxury. We're working in what's essentially a theoretically liquid system. You need to show your work and explain the rationale. Saying "Ok, we have 10 change slots, and I'm going to arbitrarily pick new assists" is not a way to achieving a good series of notes to pass along to developers. Explaining what your issues are with the system/characters are, and how your changes are working to address them. Throwing a bunch of non-contextual suggestions out there is very counterintuitive. While I may disagree with many of Viscant's thoughts, for instance, he's at least stated his reasoning, so you can understand why he's making the suggestions he is. Here, there's just a list, with no context. You have to show your work, otherwise we can't follow.

Also, Karst, just stop changing the damn assists because you personally don't use them, understand them, or like them. They're unlikely to be on the table in an update for numerous reason, and it's better to spend energy going "how do we make the ones we have better/not completely suck" than to try and put the ones you personally want in there. This isn't Skullgirls. Also, some of them are specifically designed as crossover counters and have to be evaluated in that context. And yes, some of them will probably always suck, even if optimized. But there's a reason none of the actual assists were changed from Vanilla->Ultimate, even if their properties were. Continuity is important.

Thirdly- Lightning Loops are not entertaining, super-high execution, or in any way good for the game. They're toxic. If they're on the table and provide more damage than Skittles, they'll be used instead of Skittles. If you think they're a good thing, you should feel bad. Infinites/ToD loops are the absolute worst when it comes to FGs, and outside of X-Factor, should be stamped out.

As much as I like that Shield Slash change... I don't really think he needs it as much, as nice as it would be. What he got in Ultimate combined with these changes just serve to make him even more solid, I feel.

I do agree with the assist thing, but not for continuity. It's gonna create a lot of unexpected balance issues. Tracking half screen assists, phoenix being the new Psylocke. And some characters just straight up have crazier moves than others, which is probably why they were balanced around M versions of moves. I don't know what's gonna happen when all these interact, but I do think we should take a week at the end of the project to reavaluate where we stand and form a second opinion.

It'll be easier to see what's standing out once we've got a working list.

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";72472046]I do agree with the assist thing, but not for continuity. It's gonna create a lot of unexpected balance issues. Tracking half screen assists, phoenix being the new Psylocke. And some characters just straight up have crazier moves than others, which is probably why they were balanced around M versions of moves. I don't know what's gonna happen when all these interact, but I do think we should take a week at the end of the project to reavaluate where we stand and form a second opinion.

It'll be easier to see what's standing out once we've got a working list.[/QUOTE]
I can look at a Vergil changelog and understand what's going on because we all know what has to get nerfbatted for the most part.

I look at Nemesis and just go "why?" You have to put in the long form or it's just a bunch of noise.

So I'm obligated to mention this, but is 400k where we want Cap's meterless combos sitting? Sounds like a reset and two bars per kill to me.

I can look at a Vergil changelog and understand what's going on because we all know what has to get nerfbatted for the most part.

I look at Nemesis and just go "why?" You have to put in the long form or it's just a bunch of noise.

Well once we have it all organized we definitely should add context to everything. But at that point it's when we're sending an open letter to combofiend. I don't think we're there yet.

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";72473216]So I'm obligated to mention this, but is 400k where we want Cap's meterless combos sitting? Sounds like a reset and two bars per kill to me.

Well once we have it all organized we definitely should add context to everything. But at that point it's when we're sending an open letter to combofiend. I don't think we're there yet.[/QUOTE]
It's more that before getting to actual suggestions, it feels like you want to go:

"What's working"
"What needs nerfing."
"What needs buffting."
"What are the general quality of life issues"

And get that list finished first. Then move on to specifics.

Dahbomb

I can assure you that every single detail in the changes has been discused (a lot of them very thoroughly) and all of them have a reason for being there. There is no change there that is there "just cuz". After the list is finalized I will gladly put patch notes on the changes so your average player will understand why those changes are being made.

We made some rules on the changelog to keep things civil and moderate. We didn't ask for any out landish changes and we didn't ask for new moves. We restricted the changes per character to 10 because we feel that if a charactee needs more than 10 changes then he/she would need a remake which might not be possible in a patch. We made rules trying to change the game with minimal resources required.

As far as the assist changes go, there is no reason why Capcom can't change assists. They have done so in the past (RR and Nova had different assists pre release). Right now team selection is limited due to some characters having awful assists. All characters gaining better assists is better for all. It helps people play their favorite characters without changing too much and makes more variety in top level team construction. I mean that's what a lot of people want, they want those quirky characters and teams. Most of the assist changes aren't big although I do think adding stuff like tracking Typhoon to Storm is passing into a grey area. Can Capcom implement it? Hell yes they can but will they? Right now some characters even has assists that aren't part of their normal move selection so everything suggested is within their power. The real question is do the assist changes make UMVC3 a better game? For me the answer is yes.

You know what, I'll make that my job, composing the letter. Karst is the keeper of data, dahbomb is the schedule planner and I can be the patch notes editor since I'm just a dude right now.
It's more that before getting to actual suggestions, it feels like you want to go:

"What's working"
"What needs nerfing."
"What needs buffting."
"What are the general quality of life issues"

And get that list finished first. Then move on to specifics.

Which would work, but the method we chose was inside out by grouping characters rather than outside in by starting at the overall context.

kirblar

I can assure you that every single detail in the changes has been discused (a lot of them very thoroughly) and all of them have a reason for being there. There is no change there that is there "just cuz". After the list is finalized I will gladly put patch notes on the changes so your average player will understand why those changes are being made.

We made some rules on the changelog to keep things civil and moderate. We didn't ask for any out landish changes and we didn't ask for new moves. We restricted the changes per character to 10 because we feel that if a charactee needs more than 10 changes then he/she would need a remake which might not be possible in a patch. We made rules trying to change the game with minimal resources required.

As far as the assist changes go, there is no reason why Capcom can't change assists. They have done so in the past (RR and Nova had different assists pre release). Right now team selection is limited due to some characters having awful assists. All characters gaining better assists is better for all. It helps people play their favorite characters without changing too much and makes more variety in top level team construction. I mean that's what a lot of people want, they want those quirky characters and teams. Most of the assist changes aren't big although I do think adding stuff like tracking Typhoon to Storm is passing into a grey area. Can Capcom implement it? Hell yes they can but will they? Right now some characters even has assists that aren't part of their normal move selection so everything suggested is within their power. The real question is do the assist changes make UMVC3 a better game? For me the answer is yes.
No assists changed from Vanilla-> Ultimate. If you were getting a title update, I'd say "have at it" in theory world, but you're not. It's just ultimately, imo, worthless feedback. It's not something they're likely going to address.

No assists changed from Vanilla-> Ultimate. If you were getting a title update, I'd say "have at it" in theory world, but you're not. It's just ultimately, imo, worthless feedback. It's not something they're likely going to address.

But assists did change from beta -> vanilla, so we know they have the capability. And ultimately these are requests at their discretion, which is what frightens me about universal nerfs. Partial usage of these changes and ignoring the universal nerf might wind up being a problem.

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";72474191]But assists did change from beta -> vanilla, so we know they have the capability.[/QUOTE]
Yes, but they aren't going to do it, for good reason. You want to minimize friction on invested players.

Dahbomb

No feedback is worthless. It will at least show them that we want more characters to have better assists. If not for this game then at least for MVC4. The design philosophy of assists in MVC3 has been too close to MVC2 where they basically design a character without thinking about potential assists. So you end up with some characters who don't have a single good assist and when they even some what lack in point capability no one picks them. This is not a direction we want them to go with for the series.

Ghazi

Woah, combofiend is at the FGTVLive house right now. Quick someone start spamming the current proposed changes.

You don't think there is already patch drama in the chat? I was there 10 minutes ago and people were spamming chat with patch talk until FChamp made chat subcriber only.

Today has been pretty damn crazy for patch talk.

lol, dat community voice too stronk

So you end up with some characters who don't have a single good assist and when they even some what lack in point capability no one picks them.

To play the devil's advocate here, we also get characters where they might not be top tier or as good as some other characters but one or two of their assists are great and better than others, which compels some people to play them as that does play a role. (Haggar, Strange, hell even Shen-Ko with armor hyper, Skrull, Thor). Though I know that you've already considered this thought.

Dahbomb

Woah, combofiend is at the FGTVLive house right now. Quick someone start spamming the current proposed changes.
You don't think there is already patch drama in the chat? I was there 10 minutes ago and people were spamming chat with patch talk until FChamp made chat subcriber only.

Today has been pretty damn crazy for patch talk.

The design philosophy of assists in MVC3 has been too close to MVC2 where they basically design a character without thinking about potential assists.

Well, I don't think you get too far by underestimating people. They probably thought it was better to err on the side of caution and less glitches in a constantly evolving alpha state and they did wind up making a more balanced game than 2 despite a decade gap. They deserve that much credit.

kirblar

No feedback is worthless. It will at least show them that we want more characters to have better assists. If not for this game then at least for MVC4. The design philosophy of assists in MVC3 has been too close to MVC2 where they basically design a character without thinking about potential assists. So you end up with some characters who don't have a single good assist and when they even some what lack in point capability no one picks them. This is not a direction we want them to go with for the series.
They intentionally weren't trying to balance around assists, though. They wanted every character to be valid as a real choice, and to a large degree, the design philosophy succeeded, even if they ended up with substantial balance issues that negated many of them over time.

Dahbomb

They intentionally weren't trying to balance around assists, though. They wanted every character to be valid as a real choice, and to a large degree, the design philosophy succeeded, even if they ended up with substantial balance issues that negated many of them over time.
Capcom wants certain characters to be point and certain to be assist. You can pretty much tell with characters like Phoenix, Strider, Akuma, RR that they were balanced around be assist/anchors. At least that was their response when someone asked for better assists on Spider Man lol. The problem with this rational is that some of the good characters excel at both so they get picked a lot.

I am also pretty damn sure that Hsien Ko was gimped due to Gold assist.

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";72479716]I think Dahbomb hit us with the antihype characters cause this thread is mad slow now lol[/QUOTE]
We have discussed IM and Vergil so many times that I felt like I was copy/pasting something from half a year ago for these characters.

I want to be able to combo solo off throws with both Tron and Cap at the minimum.

For Tron I feel upper body invincibility on Gustaff Flame might be a tad bit too good. It negates projectiles and is jump cancelable into a combo. Giving it invincibility would just make people derp on the move harder.

Also Beacon Bomb should not be an assist. Mostly because its an assist that causes capture assist and well... that's apparently a no no from Capcom. It being tracking also makes things worse.... I am extremely wary
of this change. There used to be an infinite between She Hulk and Tron using this move so I am guessing it can lead to dirtier stuff as an assist.

I think this should be replaced by the Servbot Launcher. Tron just rapid fires all 3 of them in a row like shes does as a point. I think this is a much safer change and its also what FGTV recommended.

Tron-
Give Bonne Flame assist back.
Give jump H not knockback like in vanilla.
Restore Vanilla air drill
Make sure servbot super always comes out if Tron DHCs early.

Vergil
Remove round trip glitch
Rapid Slash increased recovery (-8 to -13)
Default swords is blistering swords for 1 meter, goes away on hit
Spiral swords costs 1 more meter, lasts longer, stay on hit.
increase recovery on teleports
remove giant backwards hitboxes on normals

Iron Man "bring back the SWAG"
Old MvC2 Smart Bombs back (attack+S), better arcs on them
double jump return
increase hitstun on all unibeams to allow followups in air combos (ala MvC2)
Diag tri dash sped up
Improve Proton Cannon

Captain America
increase backflip invulnerability
make shield slash medium durability (it's the fucking shield, dude)
(that was my suggestion Karst! I have fun ones!)
(or at least increase its durability to like... 10).
Too bad we can't have that buff and make the shield have to be recovered like in MSH.

FlyFaster

Iron Man "bring back the SWAG"
Old MvC2 Smart Bombs back (attack+S), better arcs on them
double jump return
increase hitstun on all unibeams to allow followups in air combos (ala MvC2)
Diag tri dash sped up
Improve Proton Cannon

this would be really nice actually. SRK motion for smart bombs... so hard to long long combos with this motion in it repeatedly, on top of flight cancels and air dashes. Maybe I just suck balls but it's pretty tough.

Making Smart Bombs atk+S would be a godsend.

Nice to whoever brought that up.

Also, does better arcs on them mean trajectory control, where strength = distance?

finally, what about speeding them up or increasing their damage or making the move recover and/or start up faster?

Nice to whoever brought that up.

Also, does better arcs on them mean trajectory control, where strength = distance?

finally, what about speeding them up or increasing their damage or making the move recover and/or start up faster?

I brought it up. These are just my ideas. And yes different buttons = different angles. And them fast for H and slow for L (so as to cover his descent.)

or you could control speed with LMH+S and arc by either holding back, neutral, or foward.

Dahbomb

What are the final Cap changes? Anyone mind pasting them?

Are they just the same as the initial ones?
Well I gave a bunch of suggestions. Don't know if they would get used or not.

Rapid Slash should definitely have more recovery. As it is when Vergil goes full Dark Rapid Slash becomes safe which is quite absurd.

But Blistering Swords on 1 meter is WAY too good. Vergil gets insane pressure off of it and better he gets an insant overheas off of it.

You also can't restore Tron's Drill to Vanilla status because she had an infinite off of it.

Well I gave a bunch of suggestions. Don't know if they would get used or not.

Rapid Slash should definitely have more recovery. As it is when Vergil goes full Dark Rapid Slash becomes safe which is quite absurd.

But Blistering Swords on 1 meter is WAY too good. Vergil gets insane pressure off of it and better he gets an insant overheas off of it.

You also can't restore Tron's Drill to Vanilla status because she had an infinite off of it.

Yeah, Rapid Slash should be unsafe enough that he has to cancel into DT anytime (like beserker slash)

Blistering Swords is good, but it's not spiral swords. It also requires a lot more... thought. It would also go away on hit, and it doesn't protect him as well as spiral swords.

I know tron had an infinite with it... and It was brutally hard and only worked on sentinel I think... but the hit /block advantage on air drills was REALLY nice to get in with.

Ghazi

Ok, so all of a sudden I really want to completely drop my Wolverine/Dante/Vergil team completely. I'm tired of feeling like a cheap fuck when I play them and win and Wolverine and Vergil feel so generic to me right now.

What I've decided is something along the lines of Jill/????/Strider. Jill because why the fuck not, I really like point Jill even though I'm terrible with her but it's no fun mashing out the only baby mode combo I know with Wolverine.

I can really decide on a battery/2nd character, I'm considering keeping Dante but there are so many other options I could put in that slot. Sexual Rice seemed to have good synergy going on with Frank West though, especially since Shopping Cart works kinda similar to a beam in that travels far horizontally; though he wouldn't be as safe as a beam would. I've also thought about having a beam assist to help me advance on the ground with Jill (Vajra for air support), but Doom's out of the question because I'll never get good with his tri-dashes and mid screens. Iron Man sounds alright with Uni-Beam since he's easier than Doom to play so I may throw him in there.

Strider is always a good anchor, especially with Ouroboros since they're similar to SS. I don't know, I'll have two low health characters already so one fuck up against someone who knows what they're doing and I can easily lose 2/3rds of my team. I also don't know how to play any of those characters except Iron Man ( a little) and Jill, so I'd have a lot of learning to do in the next two weeks before I have to put Marvel on hold. Any thoughts or recommendations for characters?

Edit: It feels so out of place now with all this patch discussion haha.

Ok, so all of a sudden I really want to completely drop my Wolverine/Dante/Vergil team completely. I'm tired of feeling like a cheap fuck when I play them and win and Wolverine and Vergil feel so generic to me right now.

What I've decided is something along the lines of Jill/????/Strider. Jill because why the fuck not, I really like point Jill even though I'm terrible with her but it's no fun mashing out the only baby mode combo I know with Wolverine.

I can really decide on a battery/2nd character, I'm considering keeping Dante but there are so many other options I could put in that slot. Sexual Rice seemed to have good synergy going on with Frank West though, especially since Shopping Cart works kinda similar to a beam in that travels far horizontally; though he wouldn't be as safe as a beam would. I've also thought about having a beam assist to help me advance on the ground with Jill (Vajra for air support), but Doom's out of the question because I'll never get good with his tri-dashes and mid screens. Iron Man sounds alright with Uni-Beam since he's easier than Doom to play so I may throw him in there.

Strider is always a good anchor, especially with Ouroboros since they're similar to SS. I don't know, I'll have two low health characters already so one fuck up against someone who knows what they're doing and I can easily lose 2/3rds of my team. I also don't know how to play any of those characters except Iron Man ( a little) and Jill, so I'd have a lot of learning to do in the next two weeks before I have to put Marvel on hold. Any thoughts or recommendations for characters?

Edit: It feels so out of place now with all this patch discussion haha.
Doom is so much easier than iron man in my opinion

Ghazi

Doom is so much easier than iron man in my opinion
Yeah haha some of my friends say the same. Idk why but Iron Man'a just clicked with me, I didn't have much success whenever I tried him out for a while when I had just gotten the game which is why I dropped him. But as of late I've really been liking him in training.

I don't know why but Doom just feels more complicated to me. Corner stuff with him is easy and no problem, tri dashing and mid screens aren't. I feel like Iron Man has more mobility even though he was needed from Vanilla to U. That's mostly what I like about him, that and Krispy Kreme (kream?) looks badass.

Doom probably feels off to you because moving around with him feels awkward
That's exactly how I feel, not that you mention it. It's odd to pinpoint exactly what it is about his movement that I find that way. Everything in Iron Man's movement feels smooth and natural while Doom's feels clunky and hard to control for me. It's wierd, I also can't consistently tri dash with Doom either though that may just be an online problem since it's fine in training.

Top Bottom