• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Also, I changed the startup on almost every single OTG assist to be roughly on par with Samurai Edge. Too many of them can't be used for ABC, OTG assist, ABC combos, and they all need to be usable for that.

It's also a high, unlike Wolverine's, and she can cancel into it from her standing overhead so that's a really quick double overhead. Not to mention shit like 'locked down Somersault into guessing between TK Knee or Feral Crouch low.' She's already got enough bullshit mixups as is! I'll never be able to block her at this rate!
Mission Complete. A game where Jill is top tier would be awesome to watch.

Oh yeah, the startup of Knee Drop... does it really need a 10 frame reduction? I mean, the light version would become 8 frames. Considering how much frame advantage it gets, that seems kinda nuts to me. 5 seems more reasonable.

Also, isn't Arrow Kick already cancelable into Feral Crouch on hit? I swear I've seen it when I've gotten hit with it. >_>
Only on block

Edit: Whoops you already commented.
Jill is a different character, and she has much better mix-ups than Wesker does. I also buffed her health by 150,000, which is a big deal for her.
Well I guess I'm the kind of guy that would've taken other buffs instead of health. Just like when it comes to Sentinel changes, health is one of the last things on my list, though I'm sure it's at the top of everyone else's
And I wish they wouldn't have fucked with Jill's jump normals, but they were really really good.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| I need more patches!
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| It's not the same game, it's not the same content!

Are you making the OT4 soon? If so, I need to get the second post so I can have the changelog near the top.

Well I guess I'm the kind of guy that would've taken other buffs instead of health. Just like when it comes to Sentinel changes, health is one of the last things on my list, though I'm sure it's at the top of everyone else's
And I wish they wouldn't have fucked with Jill's jump normals, but they were really really good.
Health should always correspond to how much BS the character has to put up with before he/she can get in.

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";72433886]So basically Focus is near-useless on incoming.[/QUOTE]
You can still XF the strike to confirm it from the air if you really need that last hit on Vergil. But otherwise yea... that was the point.

Frantic

Mission Complete.
I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY WHEN I'M IN A MENTAL ASYLUM CRYING ABOUT JILL OPENING ME UP

I HOPE YOU'RE REAL HAPPY

But seriously, there has only been one Jill player that scared me, and I swear he was the most stressful experience I've ever had in my life. I felt like I was going to have a heart attack from the stress.

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY WHEN I'M IN A MENTAL ASYLUM CRYING ABOUT JILL OPENING ME UP

I HOPE YOU'RE REAL HAPPY

But seriously, there has only been one Jill player that scared me, and I swear he was the most stressful experience I've ever had in my life. I felt like I was going to have a heart attack from the stress.
I've had that experience, and I just laughed and said "I don't even know what's going on." He was very disrespectful, too. Resets everywhere. :-(

But that's the Jill that needs to be in this game. She doesn't have a great ground dash, she doesn't have great approach tools, and she doesn't have projectiles, so her mix-ups need to be ridiculously good to make up for all of that. 4-way mix-ups, a double overhead, and a comboable command grab all sound fair to me.

You can always use that new-fangled 2 frame snapback to breathe.

Dahbomb

Jill is never gonna be top tier. Still would struggle against super jump characters and she still can't combo off air throw solo. Plus her support value is still low and her execution is high especially now when Mad Beast becomes a staple part of her plan. At least Vajra is more attractive for her now.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";72435551]This does not please me. I'd like at least +4.[/QUOTE]
+4 on hit? Can you confirm off that?

Oh another thing I almost forgot to ask about Jill's air arrow kick. Is she prone afterward? Can she do a knee drop after, or some normals?

Jill is never gonna be top tier. Still would struggle against super jump characters and she still can't combo off air throw solo. Plus her support value is still low and her execution is high especially now when Mad Beast becomes a staple part of her plan. At least Vajra is more attractive for her now.
Oooohhhhh Vajra with dat otg Low Sweep....oh wait.

Shattered dreams.

Dahbomb

Oooohhhhh Vajra with dat otg Low Sweep....oh wait.

Shattered dreams.
This is why I don't want Jill with an OTG-able move... she would be TOO good with Vajra. Getting hard knockdown -> Fallen Prey -> neutral tech mix up is more than enough for her.

Frantic

I've had that experience, and I just laughed and said "I don't even know what's going on." He was very disrespectful, too. Resets everywhere. :-(

But that's the Jill that needs to be in this game. She doesn't have a great ground dash, she doesn't have great approach tools, and she doesn't have projectiles, so her mix-ups need to be ridiculously good to make up for all of that. 4-way mix-ups, a double overhead, and a comboable command grab all sound fair to me.

You can always use that new-fangled 2 frame snapback to breathe.
I don't know, I have a bitch of a time keeping her out. Worse than Wolverine. Seeing Jill Feral Crouch canceling her Feral Dash three times in a row to get from full screen to in your face in a second is terrifying. Even worse when she's backed by Frank West assist and where she can level him up to 4 in a single combo so you end up completely fucked. Crystal was the only thing that allowed me to keep her out, since it also AAs the guy's other assist - Vajra. Plus, if not for the fact Devil Trigger is fast enough to recover before Machine Gun fire hits, I probably would never have won. And the snapback doesn't matter when she can just sit in Feral Crouch as you wake up, cross you up before it comes out or just SOMERSAULT her way through it.

When Jill gets in, she takes up a permanent residence.

Vajra is honestly her best assist. Neutral tech or no, she can mix you up whichever way you tech.

I don't know, I have a bitch of a time keeping her out. Worse than Wolverine. Seeing Jill Feral Crouch canceling her Feral Dash three times in a row to get from full screen to in your face in a second is terrifying. Even worse when she's backed by Frank West assist and where she can level him up to 4 in a single combo so you end up completely fucked. Crystal was the only thing that allowed me to keep her out, since it also AAs the guy's other assist - Vajra. Plus, if not for the fact Devil Trigger is fast enough to recover before Machine Gun fire hits, I probably would never have won. And the snapback doesn't matter when she can just sit in Feral Crouch as you wake up, cross you up before it comes out or just SOMERSAULT her way through it.

I usually just lay Flame Carpet against her and fall asleep. I haven't played a good Jill in ages, though...actually, since Ultimate, haha.

When Jill gets in, she takes up a permanent residence.
Sounds hot.

This is why I don't want Jill with an OTG-able move... she would be TOO good with Vajra. Getting hard knockdown -> Fallen Prey -> neutral tech mix up is more than enough for her.

Haters.

My Resident Evil bias must be taking over, haha.

But seriously I would say fuck her health buff and definitely take the otg. It would make her strong as hell, but like you said, people still aren't gonna play her. She would immediately become my main though.

+4 on hit? Can you confirm off that?

With Thunder Knuckle H if you're fast and right up to the corner.

Dahbomb

Gonna post 4 characters soon but right now I want st.L to chain into st.H for Storm.

You know that hit confirm I was talking about earlier that I forgot before.. that was it.

I just got this wild PM on Capcom-Unity:
HI, IM NEW HERE BUT IM A BIG FAN FOR THE MVSC SERIES SO I WANNA TELL YOU THIS:

VENOM, GAMBIT, JIN AND MEGAMAN, THIS CHARACTERS ARE NEEDED IN THE REBALANCE OF THIS GAME......IT´S MY OPINION, BUT THEY WERE GREAT CHARACTERS IN MVSC AND MVSC2.....

I HOPE YOU SEE THIS MESSAGE AND CONSIDER THIS CHARACTERS TO BE RELEASED AS DLC OR IN A NEW VERSION OF THE GAME

ARIGATO...

The best change! I love it!
I remember when the game launched and I wanted an ABC relaunch combo for Dormammu, it was so disappointing to go through the game's OTGs and find out that only like 2 of the 10 performed their role adequately.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
|OT4| This is the game we play!

I like that one too.

Help with thread titles, folks, this train is moving too fast!!!

EDIT: Hahaha @ that PM Karst.

So wait, does that mean Crystal assist is now fast or something?
No, because it's a dumb assist and we should have put Hysteric in instead.

Doesn't it OTG off of ABC stuff already?

|OT4| This is the game we play!

I like that one too.

Help with thread titles, folks, this train is moving too fast!!!
I don't see how it can be anything other than:
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing stops this patch.
Or maybe...
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| So you're telling me there's a chance...

Dahbomb

Alright I am going to announce the next set of characters in a bit. Use the time to finalize the characters.

And you can't reduce the start up of Crystal on point. Would absolutely dominate a few characters. The only reason why that move is fair is because it has a lot of start up.

HAHA Fanatiq talking about the "secret tech" to break TACs.... LOL!

|OT| You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.
|OT| When there were no theories left, that was when Viscant carried us.
|OT| And now these three remain: faith, hope and arguing on the internet.

I would reduce its startup by 9, but we're out of Dante space.

I'm imagining you shrugging your shoulders and smirking.

link? The beans must not be spilled.

Frantic

Wait, are we talking about the startup of the move in general, or are we talking about the startup of the assists? I figured we were just talking about the assists, since that opens a can of worms for the actual move on point.

Alright I am going to announce the next set of characters in a bit. Use the time to finalize the characters.

And you can't reduce the start up of Crystal on point. Would absolutely dominate a few characters. The only reason why that move is fair is because it has a lot of start up.

Wait, are we talking about the startup of the move in general, or are we talking about the startup of the assists? I figured we were just talking about the assists, since that opens a can of worms for the actual move on point.
Just the assist version.

Edit: Please choose some of the low damage characters GB is worried about so we can try and get the 20% universal health buff (let's start calling it what it is) approved by all 4 members.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";72445336]I'm imagining you shrugging your shoulders and smirking.[/QUOTE]
Hahaha, you know me too well.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";72446106]Thank god. We don't need another DHC glitch or TAC infinite level metagame shift right now.[/QUOTE]

Well if you keep talking about it people are going to start asking questions...

Dahbomb

Fuck that Fanatiq stream went to shit when TACs were brought up.

OK next 4 characters time:

Vergil
Iron Man (thanks to salty Alukard)
Tron
Captain America

FSLink

Banned

Would it be a bad thing to make her assist somewhat invincible like Haggar's Lariat is now, but not like it was in vanilla? On point, she has damage and with a stronger j.H (brought back to Vanilla status?) she should be having a lot easier time going in.

Fuck that Fanatiq stream went to shit when TACs were brought up.

OK next 4 characters time:

Vergil
Iron Man (thanks to salty Alukard)
Tron
Captain America
Wow, not one of the characters I asked for? :-(

Suggested changes I came up with:

Captain America:
*c.L is now +1 on block.
*j.d+H is now better for crossing up.
*Final Justice invincible from frames 0-36.

Assists: Shield Toss M, Charging Star H, Shield Toss L

Iron Man:
*Ground dash is now attack and crouch cancelable.
*Launcher horizontal hitbox significantly improved.
*c.H missiles travel straight forward now.
*Smart Bomb trajectories change by input; L is closest, H is farthest; hitstun and hitbox significantly increased; assist version has 35 frames of startup.
*Air dash returned to Vanilla levels.
*Proton Cannon changed to +2 on hit.
*No minimum air dash height.

Assists: Smart Bomb H, Repulsor Blast H, Unibeam M

Tron Bonne:
*j.H returned to Vanilla status.
*Servbot Takeout can be X-Factor canceled on whiff.
*Gustaff Fire is now upper body invincible.
*Servbot Launcher assist now reaches superjump height.
*Beacon Bomb recovery reduced to 10 frames.
*Servbot Takeout sends servbots onto the screen regardless of whether the beacon hit.
*Bandit Boulder now travels full screen.

Assists: Gustaff Fire, Bonne Strike H (fully mashed), Servbot Launcher (Tracking)

Vergil:
*Spiral Swords is now a level 2; vertical hitbox decreased slightly.
*Spiral Swords may shift to one other sword formation free of cost.
*Dimension Slash may no longer cross up.
*Lunar Phase vertical hitbox increased slightly.
*Helm Breaker can no longer be canceled into non-hyper moves, is now -1 on ground block, and has no hitbox behind it.
*Round Trip glitch removed.

Assists: Rapid Slash, Rising Sun, Round Trip

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Captain America:
*c.L is now +1 on block.
*j.d+H is now better for crossing up.
*Final Justice invincible from frames 0-36.

Assists: Shield Toss M, Charging Star H, Shield Toss L

Looks good to me, I don't know how much you can really change on cap without breaking him. He's already one of the most balanced characters in the game. Maybe make cartwheel about 3 frames faster at most.

I despise Tron. Right behind Vergil and zero, but she needs her j.H back. I don't know shit about the character. In fact she is my lowest played character. 1 use. I've used Galactus more times.

It's weird caused I used the hell out of her in mvc2

Looks good to me, I don't know how much you can really change on cap without breaking him. He's already one of the most balanced characters in the game.
I thought about buffing Shield Toss somehow, but I don't know what I could do with it that would be fair. Someone told me to give it medium priority - haha.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I thought about buffing Shield Toss somehow, but I don't know what I could do with it that would be fair. Someone told me to give it medium priority - haha.
He's not suposed to be using shield toss in a projeticle war, that's what charging star is for.

Maybe make his Vertical Sheild Toss have more priority so he can use it vs air zoners but only that one.

In a sense I guess cap should be the most anti zoner character in the game that doesn't use teleports.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
can shield slash have blockstun?

*tries to pushblock, has only 1 frame of blockstun, gets hit on the way back*

EVERYTIME
Uh that would lead into some damn near infinite block strings with assist.

How about cartwheel is invincible up until the last 5 frames :p

Top Bottom