• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

I always thought Spencer/missiles was a gimmick. Outside of multi-80k extensions, there's almost no synergy.

Yeah, if you are using Doom with Spencer, Doom must use beam. The only reason to have Missiles with Spencer is if you have Magneto, Iron Man or another solid beam assist on the team already.

Team miniboss is pretty fun if you can use strange. I used that team before I saw him play but I ran spencer on point instead. You can 80k extend with both assists.

Frantic

'Sneak peek' at my next video. Will contain a lot of this sort of stuff for Dante - how to avoid and punish missiles, how to punish a lot of typical blockstrings, how to punish certain approaches/tactics, how to avoid certain attacks with weird methods(like how cr.L goes under Hawkeye's arrows), XF punishes, maximizing snapback, etc. Will probably be my most indepth video, and likely the longest(may make it multiple videos), and I've decided to do it when I'm busy and don't have a lot of time for it. I'm an idiot, confirmed.

If we're talking about on point good partners are:
Dante, Vergil, Rocket Raccoon, Nova, Ammy, Doctor Strange, Haggar
Spencer loves horizontal coverage like Doom on Plasma.
OTG assists are usually ok as well.
Yeah I should've mentioned that I want to use Spencer on point. The team Knives uses may do.
'Sneak peek' at my next video. Will contain a lot of this sort of stuff for Dante - how to avoid and punish missiles, how to punish a lot of typical blockstrings, how to punish certain approaches/tactics, how to avoid certain attacks with weird methods(like how cr.L goes under Hawkeye's arrows), XF punishes, maximizing snapback, etc. Will probably be my most indepth video, and likely the longest(may make it multiple videos), and I've decided to do it when I'm busy and don't have a lot of time for it. I'm an idiot, confirmed.

Looking forward to this. I've realized that I'm really bad with Dante against Missile spam. Well not assist spam but point Missiles + Assist

Marz

Finally decided on a team after about 2 years of indecisiveness lol. Gonna go all in on Magneto/ Morrigan/Doom.

Morrigans like the only other character I can play like Magneto and it just so happens that she and him both love missiles. Also helps that Doom and Mags don't need any meter so Morrigan gets as much as she wants.

Team has THC infinites, all characters have lvl 3s, invincible supers, screen control, ability to rush down or keep away, all characters can be a point or an anchor, air supers, mobility.

Only thing missing is a dominant anchor, but its so front loaded I can work around it.

Now I just gotta learn Morrigan:(

FSLink

Banned
I always thought Spencer/missiles was a gimmick. Outside of multi-80k extensions, there's almost no synergy.

It's decent for lockdown and of course missile's combo break properties. I've used Spencer/Doom/Hawkeye and it works pretty well.

smurfx

get some go again
is it possible for somebody to rage quit and have the game assign the rage quit to you? because that shit just happened. i won a game and of course there was a disconnect as soon as i won but the freaking game said i did it.

is it possible for somebody to rage quit and have the game assign the rage quit to you? because that shit just happened. i won a game and of course there was a disconnect as soon as i won but the freaking game said i did it.

I'm pretty sure that's happened to me too. I never rage quit but I have been penalized for rage quitting several times.

Though if you lost connection, you will be punished.

Neoxon

GotG trailer premieres tonight.

iHWUBu5tJzfet.gif

Time to get hyped. IT'S MAHVEL, BABY!!!!

it's definitely a gimmick but I've been playing Spencer/Akuma/Missiles since vanilla.

You suffer without the beam but you get some insane lockdown on incoming by calling missiles and trapping them the corner and because Doom leaves the screen while the missiles are still there you can call Akuma and get free fuzzy setups that easily lead to a dead character because you can then use the missiles in the combo.

nova/spencer/vergil?

does rapid slash provide good enough horizontal coverage for nova and spencer to get in?

though i don't know if my yolo fundamentals are good enough to pick vergil.

Hey Marvel heads! Finally got able to post here, so now I can be part of this thread finally, *Feels Good Man*

I so wish they could patch UMVC3 *Feels Bad Man*

Sigmaah

I need to work on my sent badly, all I do is cr.M lmao. But goddamn I love drones for Zero and Vergil. Round trip call sent, teleport, repeat for daaaaaays.

God I wish sentinels normals were a lot faster and I wish his super armor activated the second I used his normal, dunno why it takes a little bit to activate, and no it wouldn't be unfair because he has 900K health and is big as fuck. Easy ass target.

I want for arthur is to either reset his timer in gold armor mode or remove its hard knockdown whne it breaks. Other small things I want is a small buff to j.S hit stun you don't need to do a instant overhead version of j.S to confirm into a combo. Plus a better walk speed or a better movement option somehow, then I will be HAPPY with arthur

onionfrog

Hey Marvel heads! Finally got able to post here, so now I can be part of this thread finally, *Feels Good Man*

Maybe we'll get lucky and Capcom will actually make Capcom All Stars with UMVC3-like mechanics.
That's a big maybe... :/

I want for arthur is to either reset his timer in gold armor mode or remove its hard knockdown whne it breaks. Other small things I want is a small buff to j.S hit stun you don't need to do a instant overhead version of j.S to confirm into a combo. Plus a better walk speed or a better movement option somehow, then I will be HAPPY with arthur
I wish they would fix hard knockdown on gold armor. That shit is infuriating.

If I could pick one Arthur change that'd be it.

I need to work on my sent badly, all I do is cr.M lmao. But goddamn I love drones for Zero and Vergil. Round trip call sent, teleport, repeat for daaaaaays.

God I wish sentinels normals were a lot faster and I wish his super armor activated the second I used his normal, dunno why it takes a little bit to activate, and no it wouldn't be unfair because he has 900K health and is big as fuck. Easy ass target.

Having armor immediately would be really nice. I prefer standing M over crouch M in most situations unless I know I'll be able to clip some ankles. One bad thing about standing M is that it will whiff on some characters who are crouching at point blank range. Instead of canceling into fly immediately, I always freeze up and just think why the heck does that whiff at point blank....WHY?!?!!?

I wish the online was better for this game, even thought I do online tournaments for this game like once or twice every month. I wish the netcode was at least like SSF4AE, or it had Skullgirls netcode, that would be amazing.

smurfx

get some go again
I wish the online was better for this game, even thought I do online tournaments for this game like once or twice every month. I wish the netcode was at least like SSF4AE, or it had Skullgirls netcode, that would be amazing.
haha about time you were approved zerms. now don't get banned.

JeTmAn81

Welcome. Where do you find online tournaments?

onionfrog

Oh hey you're Zerms, what's up man.
I remember talking to you online once when Ghazi was streaming.

Oh hey you're Zerms, what's up man.
I remember talking to you online once when Ghazi was streaming.
Hey onionfrog, I remember you too, finally got approved to post here after 2 years of waiting. I am a very big UMVC3 head, and I know a good amount of that game, and it was the first fighter I wanted to get good at.

I am excited that I am finally part of these forums, there was a ton of stuff I wanted to talk about but because I wasn't approved I couldn't put in my two cents at all.

Well, now I can mahvel it up when I want to now!

Welcome. Where do you find online tournaments?

Oh I don't find these online UMVC3 tournaments, I host them. I am planning of having one in the future like on the 27th of February, but I am not 100% sure when I am going to have it next.

Also this next online UMVC3 tournament is going to be like #8 or #9, so it will be good. Also the next online UMVC3 tournament I am planning on having doing a No Top 5 tournament, which that means that Zero, Vergil, Doom, Magneto, and Morrigan are banned from being used, and everything else is free reign besides game breaking glitches.

If you want to check out some of the past UMVC3 stuff I did do, here are two videos that are some highlights from the past tournaments:

The first Reddit UMVC3 Online Tournament Highlight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWMV-l9nPv4

The Second Reddit UMVC3 Online Tournament Highlight reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9amVbB1_N-A

Solune

nova/spencer/vergil?

does rapid slash provide good enough horizontal coverage for nova and spencer to get in?

though i don't know if my yolo fundamentals are good enough to pick vergil.

Well Vergil goes across the whole screen practically but since he has to travel first and he can be hit out of Rapid Slash you sort of have to use him to lock down instead. In other words, you will have to rely on getting in without an assist.

That said I was messing with this team using Spencer's ground bounce reset on Bionic Manuveurs, you basically get a ToD on any 1m health char from anywhere off any throw or hit as long as you have both assists.

Welcome and congrats on joining. Great work organizing those online tournaments as well.

I've been playing Warframe a lot, and you have to PM people a lot. I hate typing most of these names. El_Cid212221222. WHY?!
How is that game? I booted it up once and never went back. I'd like to get more use out of my PS4 though.

You just kinda have to know what normals to use in what situation. His j.L during flight mode is severely underused by most players. And it's very very good during xf2 and xf3. Only person I see use it consistently and use it well is RayRay.

And people love to chicken block Sentinel so you need to be quick with those air grabs.

It is an uphill battle against a lot of characters though. Surprisingly one of the characters I fear the least is Vergil. All things considered, Sentinel doesn't do THAT bad against him. And the Doom matchup is in Sentinel's favor in my opinion. Wesker on the other hand is a fucking nightmare. My absolute worst matchup when I'm playing as Sentinel. A good Dante is a pain in the ass too.

Zissou

How is Doom vs. Sent in Sent's favor? Plasma beam has more durability than spit so Doom wins the ground projectile war. Doom can't mindlessly spam finger lasers because of frying pan, but butter gun is good against Sent at normal jump height, and if Sent flies around really high up you can put hidden missiles out there easily.

How is Doom vs. Sent in Sent's favor? Plasma beam has more durability than spit so Doom wins the ground projectile war. Doom can't mindlessly spam finger lasers because of frying pan, but butter gun is good against Sent at normal jump height, and if Sent flies around really high up you can put hidden missiles out there easily.

Maybe it's because I've played the matchup many many many many many many times. I'm only talking anchor vs anchor though. Doom will shit on Sentinel backed by an assist (Vajra being the worst). Plasma beam will beat damn near anything in the game, but as long as you can time your attacks, you'll beat him, and that goes for almost any character. Plasma beam isn't particularly fast on startup or recovery. Fly to dodge plasma beam, unfly and shoot Sent's beam. It's just blocking it is a bad idea. If I don't feel like going to war against plasma beam, then I just fly over as soon as he lets off the second plasma beam (since NO Doom player just shoots Plasma Beam once...really shitty habit in my opinion). Missiles don't bother me since I'm decent at wave/plink dashing and I will either command or normal throw. If he has meter and decides to THC, I'm pretty quick with my tk Hard Drives. Butter Gun does indeed suck...hopefully I have meter for HSF or Hard Drive, but if not it's not a win button unless he has an assist...but like I mentioned I'm only talking one on one.

The real savior to this matchup though is Sent's j.M. It's just so good against Doom.

As long as I have 1 meter and xf then I feel VERY good about the matchup. If not, then it's definitely harder and I can't take as many risks, but I still feel it's in Sent's favor if he's not a dumbass.

Again, it might just be because I've played the matchup soooooooooooooooooooooooo many times. It's one of the most fun matchups in the game in my opinion.

But people say Joe beats Doom and I can't win that matchup for shit.

Dahbomb

Sentinel vs Doom I feel is around evenly matched and one of the few non terrible matches of Sentinel.

I don't think Sentinel clearly wins it but its a close call either way.

Top Bottom