• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

Loona

I finally got the UMvC3 copy I ordered after buying the DLC characters and some outfits in the PSN store before they got removed.

The problem is that for some reason the DLC characters show up fine, but the extra outfits don't, for some reason even though I bought them pretty much at the same time.
When starting the game it jst a check for new DLC content, but marks none of the character skins I bought as active.
I made sure to redownlod and reinstall after checking the game, but still nothing - any idea of what could be the problem?

Ghazi

I finally got the UMvC3 copy I ordered after buying the DLC characters and some outfits in the PSN store before they got removed.

The problem is that for some reason the DLC characters show up fine, but the extra outfits don't, for some reason even though I bought them pretty much at the same time.
When starting the game it jst a check for new DLC content, but marks none of the character skins I bought as active.
I made sure to redownlod and reinstall after checking the game, but still nothing - any idea of what could be the problem?

Have you tried actually checking the character select screen to see if they're there?

I can't remember if it gave a notification for costumes.

Loona

Have you tried actually checking the character select screen to see if they're there?

They do, and the way I can tell there's a problem with alternate skins is that cycling through Jill's palettes I see 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6 and ALT, but for the character I bought and downloaded skin I only see 1 to 6 - what the hell happened?...

Finally getting the first flight combo bit better. I end up using jM-flight- jL-jH-[Dash-Hx4]S. Just need to figure the Dash H bit better (i panic). I really didn't think I would get this far.

Sigmaah

Hawkeye/Vergil/Strider is a great team. Was using that at my local last night and was stomping people. Hawkeye offline is so damn fun to play. Does poison tip make him safe when he ends with it during a block string? I think it does, not sure.

What sucks about the local is that they've all really stopped playing marvel so there isn't any real competition for me there besides like 1 guy and I think he's lost interest too. They mainly all play AE now so I might have to learn that to enjoy some competitive matches. Or I might just not go anymore. Sucks they don't take marvel seriously anymore.

They say it's cause it's too random and has too much bullshit but I don't think that's necessarily the case... LOL.

smurfx

get some go again
Hawkeye/Vergil/Strider is a great team. Was using that at my local last night and was stomping people. Hawkeye offline is so damn fun to play. Does poison tip make him safe when he ends with it during a block string? I think it does, not sure.

What sucks about the local is that they've all really stopped playing marvel so there isn't any real competition for me there besides like 1 guy and I think he's lost interest too. They mainly all play AE now so I might have to learn that to enjoy some competitive matches. Or I might just not go anymore. Sucks they don't take marvel seriously anymore.

They say it's cause it's too random and has too much bullshit but I don't think that's necessarily the case... LOL.
poison tip can be punished but its not super easy to punish. just try and do it as quick as possible. vergil and zero chased everybody away. :p

JeTmAn81

Finally getting the first flight combo bit better. I end up using jM-flight- jL-jH-[Dash-Hx4]S. Just need to figure the Dash H bit better (i panic). I really didn't think I would get this far.

Some minutiae about doing flight loops midscreen. After the launch, you're typically starting with j.H into an airdash forward before continuing with the rest of the combo after that. You can actually follow up the airdash with either j.M into flight or j.H into flight, and then the rest. I've found that when you do j.M, it's best to have Magneto approximately parallel to the other character, whereas with j.H you want to have them higher up relative to Magneto, because the j.H's hitbox is more horizontal than vertical (like j.M) and so that helps the hit connect before your opponent drops. You can experiment with this to see what I mean.

i-Jest

They do, and the way I can tell there's a problem with alternate skins is that cycling through Jill's palettes I see 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6 and ALT, but for the character I bought and downloaded skin I only see 1 to 6 - what the hell happened?...

That's strange. I haven't checked on my Vita but my console copy seem to be alright. I've cycled through a few characters and I seeing costumes 1-6+ALT. Have you Googled this issue?

Sigmaah

poison tip can be punished but its not super easy to punish. just try and do it as quick as possible. vergil and zero chased everybody away. :p

I don't even see many Zeros as people say. I know I see more Vergils than zeros, online and offline. I don't understand though, these 2 can be beaten. Why do ppl just complain and complain but not figure out the right tech to beat them? I know you know how, the fuck niggas just complain and let it get to them so much for?

I know when I get Zero'd or Vergil'd I'll be tight but not enough for me to give up the game...

I don't even see many Zeros as people say. I know I see more Vergils than zeros, online and offline. I don't understand though, these 2 can be beaten. Why do ppl just complain and complain but not figure out the right tech to beat them? I know you know how, the fuck niggas just complain and let it get to them so much for?

I know when I get Zero'd or Vergil'd I'll be tight but not enough for me to give up the game...

Well there's definitely more Zero's than Vergil's. And yeah any character can be beaten since it's such a one touch game. They are both just characters that people generally don't wanna fight against because of all the stupidity.

But yeah it sucks that people just don't wanna figure out shit against them, but it's understandable. They are super annoying ass characters that take minimal effort but grant maximum results.

Dahbomb

From what I have heard about online and seen offline with the game, Vergil is more used than Zero. Most tournament statistics support this as well as most player stats for various boards (like the Eventhubs list they made of all the players with their main teams). Doom is obviously #1 most used character in the game, Vergil is most likely #2.

Zero and Vergil are going to get a lot of hate because like said you get the most benefit for the least effort. Vergil is the prime example of this but Zero is no slouch. You just play neutral for a bit for that one hit and then your chances of winning increase dramatically REGARDLESS of the player you are playing against. It's the Cammy effect where the rushdown, pressure and mix ups are so strong that once that barrier is initially broken all players are put at a similar skill level because no one can react to ambiguity.

In the end, people just don't like losing to someone worse than them. You can be a godly Hawkeye player but you can lose to mediocre Zero/Vergil players. Like FChamp said not too long ago.... it doesn't matter who he is facing or when he is facing in a tournament, if they are a Zero/Vergil player then they are a major threat.

Loona

That's strange. I haven't checked on my Vita but my console copy seem to be alright. I've cycled through a few characters and I seeing costumes 1-6+ALT. Have you Googled this issue?

Yeah - upon further cheking, it seems the store associated with amazon.co.uk that I ordered from (because I needed a euro copy, and preferred a new one) sent me a US copy, and strangely the DLC characters are compatible, but the outfits aren't...

Vice

Having to block 37 six-way mixups before you can get an opening is frustrating for a lot of people. Some characters are just too overwhelming for people to deal with compared to say AE where at the very least shoryu to FADC will buy you breathing space.

i-Jest

Yeah - upon further cheking, it seems the store associated with amazon.co.uk that I ordered from (because I needed a euro copy, and preferred a new one) sent me a US copy, and stragely the DLC characters are compatible, but the outfits aren't...

Well damn. How difficult is it to acquire a euro copy on average these days? I vaguely remember hearing the games more scarce there than it is in North America.

From what I have heard about online and seen offline with the game, Vergil is more used than Zero. Most tournament statistics support this as well as most player stats for various boards (like the Eventhubs list they made of all the players with their main teams). Doom is obviously #1 most used character in the game, Vergil is most likely #2.

Zero and Vergil are going to get a lot of hate because like said you get the most benefit for the least effort. Vergil is the prime example of this but Zero is no slouch. You just play neutral for a bit for that one hit and then your chances of winning increase dramatically REGARDLESS of the player you are playing against. It's the Cammy effect where the rushdown, pressure and mix ups are so strong that once that barrier is initially broken all players are put at a similar skill level because no one can react to ambiguity.

In the end, people just don't like losing to someone worse than them. You can be a godly Hawkeye player but you can lose to mediocre Zero/Vergil players. Like FChamp said not too long ago.... it doesn't matter who he is facing or when he is facing in a tournament, if they are a Zero/Vergil player then they are a major threat.
All of this is so true. It doesn't bother me at all during casuals, but during tourney's it sucks so much. Getting someone down to Vergil without losing a character every time, only to get killed by him...it's just brutal. At least the player usually knows they skated by because of their character.....not that it really matters though. A win is a win (Fuck Flux).

Loona

Well damn. How difficult is it to acquire a euro copy on average these days? I vaguely remember hearing the games more scarce there than it is in North America.

I checked plenty of places once the DLC removal was announced, couldn't find a copy, not even in the 2nd hand bins - which is why I resorted to ordering online.
Then again, as well-stocked as Portugal usually is regarding games, there's bound to be a little less offer than bigger european countries. I'm just not terribly inclined to go and buy a 2nd copy online. Maybe if I eventually find a 2nd hand euro one I'll get that and sell my current one.

one_kill

Tried some online just a few minutes ago and it's so frustrating how laggy it is :\

It's even worse how there aren't any Aussies/NZers at all.

Piccoro

Yeah - upon further cheking, it seems the store associated with amazon.co.uk that I ordered from (because I needed a euro copy, and preferred a new one) sent me a US copy, and stragely the DLC characters are compatible, but the outfits aren't...

That information is very useful for me! I also bought the characters before they were removed (but not any outfits) from the EU store.
Now I'm trying to buy a physical copy of UMVC3, but the EU copies are hard to find, and expensive.
With your information, I can now search for a US copy! Thanks a lot! :)

Tirael

So UMvC3 is supposed to be at EVO this year. Marvel or Capcom may not give a fuck about it, but us fans still love it, and it brings the hypest moments of any game in the event.

Ghazi

Capcom still can't spell, judging from the page eventhubs got their source from. Even funnier is that this is their Investor Relations site, sheesh.

LtGZCxR.png

Lemstar

Zissou

Is the only way to hard tag mid combo from Dante to another character to do the acid rain after prop shredder set-up in the corner?

Vice

Is the only way to hard tag mid combo from Dante to another character to do the acid rain after prop shredder set-up in the corner?

Some character can get a combo from a sky dance hard knockdown. Only one I know for sure is Frank West though.

Zissou

Some character can get a combo from a sky dance hard knockdown. Only one I know for sure is Frank West though.

I was having problems with this since the character coming in from the raw tag would hit the opponent during the ground bounce part of sky dance and they'd recover- am I missing something?

Piccoro

So, after much searching, I finally found a EU copy of UMVC3 on ebay. I used a 10£ voucher and ordered it. (My wife's gonna kill me, I've been buying way too many games... Oh, well).
Looking forward to play this online, even though I know that there will be a huge learning curve. I'm decent in SFIV, XTekken, Darkstalkers, but haven't played a Marvel game in ages!

TWILT

Banned
I was having problems with this since the character coming in from the raw tag would hit the opponent during the ground bounce part of sky dance and they'd recover- am I missing something?
Don't raw tag immediately; wait a moment with Dante before doing so. They're knocked down for a really long while.

Tirael

hO Cacpcom!
Fixed.
Looking forward to play this online, even though I know that there will be a huge learning curve. I'm decent in SFIV, XTekken, Darkstalkers, but haven't played a Marvel game in ages!
Here is the number one thing you need to do.

Spend time.

You need to get used to the system, and how the game feels. After that, you can focus on everything else.

shaowebb

MvC3 is apparently still actively selling extremely well. In the past 3 months they've sold an additional 100 000 copies!

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/...vs-capcom-3-sells-100000-copies-three-months/

Well yeah. Last time the Marvel's license was lost by Capcom MvC2 shot up to around $70 a copy. Moment folks knew it was lost you should see a spike like this. Collectors, resellers and just in general folks getting off the fence trying to get a last shot at playing it before it got too expensive.

Just sort of how this should have been expected to play out IMO.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Well yeah. Last time the Marvel's license was lost by Capcom MvC2 shot up to around $70 a copy. Moment folks knew it was lost you should see a spike like this. Collectors, resellers and just in general folks getting off the fence trying to get a last shot at playing it before it got too expensive.

Just sort of how this should have been expected to play out IMO.
I thought that was because there was only run of MvC2, and it just became rare. Nothing unique about them "losing" the license, that happens to every game some time and not all of them shoot up.

IIRC the Xbox/PS2 run of MvC2 was in extremely limited copies, at least compared to what you'd see today.

smurfx

get some go again
i bought the ps2 copy of mvc2 the week of the release and it was hard to find. ended up finding it at some indie game store. i remember having similar trouble finding mvc1 on the dreamcast. ended up going to a couple of places and finally found it at comp usa.

Top Bottom