• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

I don't know if it's already been pointed out, but it appears you can still purchase costumes from PSN for the PS3 version. I was curious so I purchased the Vita version of cheapest costume pack (Hulk, Firebrand, and Arthur - $1.99). Even though the store page didn't have any mention of crossbuy or PS3, after going through the checkout process on PSN I was given the option to download two files; the costume pack for Vita and the costume pack for PS3. So I downloaded the PS3 version, booted up the game, and those costumes did indeed work.

Just thought I'd point that out in case anybody else purchased the physical PS3 version after it was taken off the PSN store and still wanted to buy the costumes.

The funny thing is, I've never hated the game before and have always enjoyed it. I think I just don't have time anymore to practice or learn new characters/teams, so I feel I've kind of hit my ceiling.
I know the feeling and it sucks. It seems to happen to me in all fighting games, which is why I'm all over the place with my characters and playstyle.
I don't know if it's already been pointed out, but it appears you can still purchase costumes from PSN for the PS3 version. I was curious so I purchased the Vita version of cheapest costume pack (Hulk, Firebrand, and Arthur - $1.99). Even though the store page didn't have any mention of crossbuy or PS3, after going through the checkout process on PSN I was given the option to download two files; the costume pack for Vita and the costume pack for PS3. So I downloaded the PS3 version, booted up the game, and those costumes did indeed work.

Just thought I'd point that out in case anybody else purchased the physical PS3 version after it was taken off the PSN store and still wanted to buy the costumes.

Nice. I might have to look into this. I regretted not buying the PS3 costumes since it's the system I'm primarily playing on right now. I guess I just didn't expect to be playing on ps3 for any longer than 3 weeks. I need that Modok alt.

smurfx

get some go again
nyahaha i'm starting to work in taskmasters L unblockable into my matches. so far i've landed it few times and i will continue doing it till i can land it with no problems.

JeTmAn81

Heh GGs mango.

Yeah I was just mashing back throw but that really surprised me.

I haven't played in a few weeks let alone turned on my ps3, but I can't say I missed this game all that much lol

Good old Wesker s.H. His secret weapon, hits twice and beats most armor. Just don't mash F+H at the start of the match...

nyahaha i'm starting to work in taskmasters L unblockable into my matches. so far i've landed it few times and i will continue doing it till i can land it with no problems.

Why do you do these things? :(

But can't you just pushblock him after the first attack. The opponent does have to block that first move right? Or can Task just whiff the move and still do the sequence?

JeTmAn81

Why do you do these things? :(

But can't you just pushblock him after the first attack. The opponent does have to block that first move right? Or can Task just whiff the move and still do the sequence?

I think if you block the first hit of the unblockable, then at that point you're getting comboed by Taskmaster. If Task is trying to combo into the unblockable then you could pushblock the hits before that. The usual strategy I've seen is to get them into blockstun from your assist (Amaterasu, often) and then hit them with the unblockable.

lariat assist takes care of any pushblocking.

I think if you block the first hit of the unblockable, then at that point you're getting comboed by Taskmaster. If Task is trying to combo into the unblockable then you could pushblock the hits before that. The usual strategy I've seen is to get them into blockstun from your assist (Amaterasu, often) and then hit them with the unblockable.

I think I'd just have to see it in motion, because I'm not making much sense of it in my head. But I'm also not very familiar with Task.....which is probably why I get wrecked by him.

As for the bolded, I believe the first move has to be blocked (Sword Master I think it's called) in order for Task to do the headbutt, which is unblockable. With Ammy yeah it makes sense, but with Haggar I imagine the timing must be tight.

smurfx

get some go again
I think I'd just have to see it in motion, because I'm not making much sense of it in my head. But I'm also not very familiar with Task.....which is probably why I get wrecked by him.

As for the bolded, I believe the first move has to be blocked (Sword Master I think it's called) in order for Task to do the headbutt, which is unblockable. With Ammy yeah it makes sense, but with Haggar I imagine the timing must be tight.
its only doable in the corner and its easier to do it after people are getting up.

Dahbomb

Justin Wong discovered a new "tech" against Vergil with Wolverine.

He can punish a Spiral Sworded H teleport using an up back Drill Claw into Dive Kick. He did it in one of his Socal Hunger games sets.

Neoxon

Since the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer is said to be coming out February 18, I thought I'd like to celebrate with a leaked CGI test GIF of everyone's favorite gun-totting, genetically-altered woodland creature.

OMSgSMf.gif

Ghazi

Since the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer is said to be coming out February 18, I thought I'd like to celebrate with a leaked CGI test GIF of everyone's favorite gun-totting, genetically-altered woodland creature.

OMSgSMf.gif

Everyone will have trouble hitting him in the movie because of his tiny hitboxes. Not to mention all the log traps that won't be, but we know should be, happening throughout the movie.

Looks good though, Raccoon was like the only character I recognized when I first read the lineup. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Zissou

Raccoon looking bad ass, dayum.

I have had no luck hard tagging in Doom after starting a combo with Dante. The sky dance method sort of work, but I can't figure out a way around HSD getting too high pre-raw tag. I haven't had any luck with the prop shredder -> acid rain method either. Anybody have any help they can offer?

Also, what should I be doing if I TAC into Dante midscreen? Corner stuff is easy, but midscreen the opponent gets pushed too far away for that stuff to work. I know I can hammer immediately, but I'm hoping there's something more elaborate out there.

Raccoon looking bad ass, dayum.

I have had no luck hard tagging in Doom after starting a combo with Dante. The sky dance method sort of work, but I can't figure out a way around HSD getting too high pre-raw tag. I haven't had any luck with the prop shredder -> acid rain method either. Anybody have any help they can offer?

Also, what should I be doing if I TAC into Dante midscreen? Corner stuff is easy, but midscreen the opponent gets pushed too far away for that stuff to work. I know I can hammer immediately, but I'm hoping there's something more elaborate out there.
Can you do j.H, air play, j.H, jump cancel, j.MH, qcf.L or something like that?

Zissou

Can you do j.H, air play, j.H, jump cancel, j.MH, qcf.L or something like that?

I don't think you have enough time to double jump after a j.H during a tac (unless
I'm missing something). What I do in the corner is j.M, j.H, air play, j.M, double jump up fwd, j.M, j.H, j.S. Maybe I just need to experiment more midscreen to find something that works. Using qcf.L is sketchy because it wouldn't work when the ground bounce was already used by either a down TAC or if the combo started with and S footdive. Hmm...

You can't double jump cancel a j.H with Dante can you? As a Dante main I feel weird asking this.

I really don't think so, but small things are overlooked frequently. Only j.L and j.M I believe.

I didn't realize until about two months ago that Chris's f+H does chip. I laughed quite hard when I found out.

Ghazi

So... MvC:O is getting a patch (already released on PS).

Capcom are such liars, using that BS about "losing the license".
Why would they take down the game and its DLC down, missing potential profits from both, unless they had to?

Like, it makes zero sense.

MvC:O is probably fine because it's most likely under a different and/or longer contract.

TheAnvil

Neo Member
Why would they take down the game and its DLC down, missing potential profits from both, unless they had to?

Like, it makes zero sense.

MvC:O is probably fine because it's most likely under a different and/or longer contract.

Why would they not patch Ultimate before it was removed then? If they can patch MvC:O now, then they technically would have been able to patch Ultimate before it had to be removed.

Either way, they're liars.

Why would they not patch Ultimate before it was removed then? If they can patch MvC:O now, then they technically would have been able to patch Ultimate before it had to be removed.

Origins was probably under a different sort of contract. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

Sigmaah

Fuck Dante online, such an unreliable character online imo. I can't move for shit with him online and his bold cancel shit always drops.

Gonna make the team Zero/Sent/Vergil now. Seems way better already! I don't need Jam, fuck that shit!

Fuck Dante online, such an unreliable character online imo. I can't move for shit with him online and his bold cancel shit always drops.

Gonna make the team Zero/Sent/Vergil now. Seems way better already! I don't need Jam, fuck that shit!
Shit I can't stand using Zero without jam session, like that shit doesn't even compute to me.
But yeah Dante can definitely be a bitch to use online

JeTmAn81

A glitch patch and a major balance patch are significantly different things. Ultimate did receive some glitch patching (tech anywhere) and a few small balance updates (invincible Phoenix Wright assist) after release.

Sigmaah

Shit I can't stand using Zero without jam session, like that shit doesn't even compute to me.
But yeah Dante can definitely be a bitch to use online

I know ppl say jam is his best assist (which it probably is) but I dunno, I just don't like using it with him. I can make it work with Rapid slash lol

Korigama

Having gone back to online ranked after months of absence...I'm still not all that great, but at least I suck less than I thought I did (had only done three ranked matches before today, had won none of those). Switched Vergil to last on my team (X-23/Hawkeye/Vergil)...working out okay, I suppose, but it's pretty clear to me that he's my weakest link at this point. Need much more practice with him.

Dahbomb

This all falls under the whole "weird licensing" issues. MvC:O is apparently on a different contract than the MVC2/MVC3.

Not much to say on this other than recognizing how it's pointless to try to deduce the terms of these license agreements.

Ghazi

If they don't even care enough to renew the contract/license for the game, why would they bother patching the game?

In the case that they fought for it and weren't allowed to keep it, they've never shown much interest in patching it before, so why would they make a mad scramble to try to patch the game and potentially make it worse.

This isn't worth talking about, the game is gone now, and not much can change that other than an effort from Capcom, which I doubt. Our best hope for any sort of update now would be a re-release, which has an even less chance of happening. Especially now that the company is moving off of MT Framework for next gen.

Marz

If they don't even care enough to renew the contract/license for the game, why would they bother patching the game?

In the case that they fought for it and weren't allowed to keep it, they've never shown much interest in patching it before, so why would they make a mad scramble to try to patch the game and potentially make it worse.

This isn't worth talking about, the game is gone now, and not much can change that other than an effort from Capcom, which I doubt. Our best hope for any sort of update now would be a re-release, which has an even less chance of happening. Especially now that the company is moving off of MT Framework for next gen.

The patch was submitted a long time ago by Iron Galaxy to Capcom, they just barely got around to putting it up now.

There is no mad scramble.

Sigmaah

Marvels hope for an update is dead as fuck. I've lost all hope and you guys should too.

This game will consist of missiles, lightning, swords, and bullshit forever.

THIS IS THE GAME WE WILL PLAY FOR ANOTHER 2 YEARS TOPS.

Then marvel will die.

Marvels hope for an update is dead as fuck. I've lost all hope and you guys should too.

Then marvel will die.
I honestly wish we could get a replacement sooner. Stupid Capcom pouring money into crappy games. What is all the crap they have invested in this gen that failed?

SFxT
Remember Me
DmC
Lost Planet 1
Lost Planet 2
Lost Planet 3

Dragon's Dogma was crap, but it gained a following.

What else?

Then marvel will die.
MvC2 lasted a pretty damn long time and it's far more broken than umvc3..........but in a way it's less infuriating.
I honestly wish we could get a replacement sooner. Stupid Capcom pouring money into crappy games. What is all the crap they have invested in this gen that failed?

SFxT
Remember Me
DmC
Lost Planet 1
Lost Planet 2
Lost Planet 3

What else?

SFxT had so much potential....I'm so sad they fucked that one up.

I like DmC even though it gets nothing but hatred. I didn't think it was all that bad, but whatever.

Remember Me was almost not garbage. Would love to see a sequel, but that would probably just end up being a Lost Planet situation.

I liked Lost Planet even though it had flaws, but I knew they would fix them in a sequel.....they didn't.......TWICE! How do you fuck up three times in a row?

Dragon's Dogma is dope. Has its problems but maybe they'll be fixed in the sequel.....lololololololol.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the game that did piss me off though. Resident Evil 6. Fuck you Capcom.

onionfrog

SFxT
Remember Me
DmC
Lost Planet 1
Lost Planet 2
Lost Planet 3

What else?
I think Grin's Bionic Commanda reboot bombed pretty hard.
The game was fucking excellent though. Its probably one of my favorite games from this past gen.

The first lost Planet did pretty decently, but they fucked up hard with both sequels.

Dragons Dogma sold pretty well, no?

Sigmaah

SFxT
Remember Me
DmC
Lost Planet 1
Lost Planet 2
Lost Planet 3

What else?

I say resident evil 5 and 6 were butt as fuck too and it doesn't help that they wanna invest so much fucking money into retarded ass phone games... Honestly, do dumbasses work there or some shit? Like who the fuck thinks ppl are gonna buy phone games?! People have problems paying $1 for an app, they sure as hell aren't gonna pay anymore more than that for a phone game. (Capcom is doing this right? I'm not mistaking them for someone else correct?)

Just give me my goddamn Capcom Allstars mvc style and call it a fucking day. No X-factor, and no TAC's, make it straight raw 3v3.

MvC2 lasted a pretty damn long time and it's far more broken than umvc3..........but in a way it's less infuriating

I feel like gamers are different from back then and will just lose interest as time goes by, dunno how to explain why I think this, I just believe that's how it's gonna be.

I don't think fighting game players have changed much, though the general gaming scene has. The internet has just made learning so much faster. We tear through games and consequently get bored faster.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

SFxT
Remember Me
DmC
Lost Planet 1
Lost Planet 2
Lost Planet 3

What else?
I think they only published Remember Me so it's not too bad, and yeah LP1 wasn't a failure.

Top Bottom