• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

GrayFoxPL

Btw is it me or is Decapre a real pain to fight again? Maybe I don't know her yet but I had my ass handed to me a couple of times...

Pain? She's impossible online. You can't punish that stabby stabby shit, it's safe. teleport kick too. That uppercut stab is punishable but fuck if they'll just throw it out. I hate this bitch so much. Ruining the game for me.

Thank's Ono, great addition. What's next? Awakened Bison? Cyber Akuma? Miserable Ryu? "I am not the father!" - Ken?

Pain? She's impossible online. You can't punish that stabby stabby shit, it's safe. teleport kick too. That uppercut stab is punishable but fuck if they'll just throw it out. I hate this bitch so much. Ruining the game for me.

Thank's Ono, great addition. What's next? Awakened Bison? Cyber Akuma? Miserable Ryu? "I am not the father!" - Ken?
Use a grappler. Her running stabs can be SPD'd, same with her teleports.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Fuck playing footsies against T Hawk. He does anything Im up backing. I dont care if i eat a roundhouse or a dp, at least its not an spd or an ultra. Unless its the air grab ultra..in which case i'll probably eat the ultra.

Fuck playing footsies against T Hawk. He does anything Im up backing. I dont care if i eat a roundhouse or a dp, at least its not an spd or an ultra. Unless its the air grab ultra..in which case i'll probably eat the ultra.
People up backing is how I get most of my damage. :p

Onemic

ggs kevo, I'm still trying to figure out the decapre matchup vs elena and I'm still sorta scratching my head as to how to effectively play against her.

I think you figured out as our matches unfolded that decapre doesnt even have to play footsies against elena, she can just walk back all day and do her teleport and elena has nothing to prevent that. I have to come to you, which puts elena in a vulnerable situation against decapres slide. And then the dp's...those damn dp's.....execution with Elena online is tough as hell. You also always happened to jump or teleport every time you got into my hp/ex mallet range in neutral...I need to play you or other decapres more.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore

Hehe, I think that sums it. Was seeing a lot of stupid shit I could not punish with my Dudley. Maybe I just don't know the matchup yet, but she seemed like easy mode...

Xevren

Use a grappler. Her running stabs can be SPD'd, same with her teleports.

Or even a shoto, her stabs can be dp'd but you have to be fast. Only time you really can't punish them with dragon punch's is if they push you out a bit too far. I think as time goes on and people know how to punish her it's not going to be bad at all.

Onemic

What character are you using? There's likely an answer for the stabs.

lp stabs are 100% safe I believe. you get pushed out pretty far. Is there a character with a 3 frame jab that can reach her? even then that's a 1 frame punish, something most people are unlikely to hit online.

You can also dp

GrayFoxPL

Or you can just learn the matchup.

Try Guy against her online and tell me about the magic ways.

What character are you using? There's likely an answer for the stabs.

Guy. He has no good answer. I grinded this in training. The best way to beat her is run +overhead HK and then mp,hp string into another run and hk or slide or qcf+lp but the reality is if the player isn't sleeping he can d,u+p Guy all day out of it.

Exr

As a Balrog player playing against T Hawks now is absurd. Scrubbiest play online and I'm still winning just barely against shit like whiffed spire into ultra...

ggs kevo, I'm still trying to figure out the decapre matchup vs elena and I'm still sorta scratching my head as to how to effectively play against her.

I think you figured out as our matches unfolded that decapre doesnt even have to play footsies against elena, she can just walk back all day and do her teleport and elena has nothing to prevent that. I have to come to you, which puts elena in a vulnerable situation against decapres slide. And then the dp's...those damn dp's.....execution with Elena online is tough as hell. You also always happened to jump or teleport every time you got into my hp/ex mallet range in neutral...I need to play you or other decapres more.

GGs man, that was actually my first exposure to the matchup, aside from watching rog's stream a few days ago vs jwong. I had quite the time trying to figure out how to approach.

Yeah, I eventually had to abandon playing footsies for a bit as I adapted, there's just no way to force the issue (like rog said) vs characters with good pokes, so teleport shenanigans and jump back spiral arrows started to work on your approach.
I basically tried to counter your slide with a max range slide to get in as well.

I swear, the whole 'training stage = less lag' thing is true for me in ultra.

If im going to lose the least i could do is have the courtesy to be annoying.

Not really annoying, tbh. Just means hit confirms into MP links, which end up doing about the same damage as an SPD, if not slightly more. The only difference is that now you're further away, but you have to come back to Hawk sooner or later!

mbpm1

Not really annoying, tbh. Just means hit confirms into MP links, which end up doing about the same damage as an SPD, if not slightly more. The only difference is that now you're further away, but you have to come back to Hawk sooner or later!

And it means he's closer to the corner lol

Tekniqs

Still can't get over the Akuma buffs... hilarious. I've been taking advantage this weekend and bodying people (on PSN) left, right, and centre. Top 30 ranked Akuma now, lol.

Switched it up to Makoto and Evil Ryu today; Mak has been tough but overall still solid - need to spend more time in the lab with her to figure out how her changes affect her play. Evil Ryu is pretty straightforward to pick up but not as fun as Akuma for me.

Might give Dudley a try this week.
What are these akuma buffs?

lp stabs are 100% safe I believe. you get pushed out pretty far. Is there a character with a 3 frame jab that can reach her? even then that's a 1 frame punish, something most people are unlikely to hit online.

You can also dp
LP hands are certainly not safe, depending on who you're fighting. But they're safe enough to abuse against people that don't know how to punish it.

Ex hands are 100% safe however
Try Guy against her online and tell me about the magic ways.

Guy. He has no good answer. I grinded this in training. The best way to beat her is run +overhead HK and then mp,hp string into another run and hk or slide or qcf+lp but the reality is if the player isn't sleeping he can d,u+p Guy all day out of it.
Haha, I was actually using Guy earlier when I beat her. Cr.lk xx mk hurricane kick will punish her hands every time. Online it will be harder though. But the least you can do is just throw out the cr.lk and if she blocks you stop her momentum. I usually just walk up and grab. No one ever expects that.

Uraizen

Banned

You can also dp

Don't forget about supers, chun's super has a 1-frame startup and decapre herself has a 2-frame super. Those will definitely reach and take off a good chunk of life.

Onemic

I never thought fighting Dudley would ever be anything but a pain in the ass but those were some of the most fun sets I've had. ggs Immortal.

I forgot Dudley has a projectile invincible ultra, so U2 will always be a no go against him, You can't even do a U2 cancel setup against him, Dud's U1 is that damn fast.

GrayFoxPL

LP hands are certainly not safe, depending on who you're fighting. But they're safe enough to abuse against people that don't know how to punish it.

Ex hands are 100% safe however

Haha, I was actually using Guy earlier when I beat her. Cr.lk xx mk hurricane kick will punish her hands every time. Online it will be harder though. But the least you can do is just throw out the cr.lk and if she blocks you stop her momentum. I usually just walk up and grab. No one ever expects that.

You can punish lp hands with 3 frame cr lk online? If you did it, then maybe I could too.
Thank's man. Off to grinding tomorrow.

GrayFoxPL

Yes it's tough, but you can definitely do it online. The move has a long animation so you have plenty of time to think about your punish.

Thanks. I have some hopes with this matchup now. I was thinking to land the elbow behind her to fuck up her charges, but that doesn't work so good in practice.

GrayFoxPL

I literally have no idea how to get in on you :[

Anyone up for matches? I suck

ibjDCDImK76yV7.gif

Top Bottom