• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ummm... GIANT HORNETS have killed 41 People in China since July

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
_70232555_wasp_sting.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-24367050

Attacks by hornets in northern China have killed 41 people since July, state-run media report.

More than 1,600 people have also been injured by stings in Shaanxi province, according to China News Agency.

It says 206 people are still being treated in hospital, with 37 patients remaining in a critical condition.

Local officials have been quoted as saying that drier and warmer weather this year may have contributed to a rise in hornet numbers in the area.

Environmental activists have also blamed rapid urbanisation for worsening the problem as more rural land is swallowed up for urban development, intruding into habitats where hornets hunt and build their nests.

The cities of Angkang, Hanzhong and Shangluo have been worst affected by the spate of attacks over the past three months.

The provincial government has dispatched pest control experts to help deal with the situation.

Yea,
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/killer-hornets-see-first-pictures-2327613

Killer-wasps-that-have-left-at-least-28-people-dead-in-China-2326262.png

No.

i've seen some of the european hornets in my area (NE US). they are a big smaller but still freaky as hell

caught one 2 years ago and kept/fed it until it died

get a tennis racket. surely they wouldn't be able to miss it unless it's super fast and whatnot. but still. lol that's a "big" size.

EDIT: the video. can't stop thinking of the Family guy episode lol.

ryan13ts

Fucking hell, that's not an insect, that's a damn monster!

I think the "Dear God, burn it with fire!" approach is very appropriate here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom