• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
TheFatOne said:
Just got a call from my local Gamestop it looks like Uncharted 2 will have a midnight launch in my city. Can't wait to get my hands on the game.

For the free "revenge" booster, right?

Dude Abides

Banned
This game has probably the best character interaction of any game I've played. The little back-and-forths between Drake and Chloe are pitch-perfect both in writing and delivery.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Damn. I get an automated call from Gamestop saying tomorrow at 10pm and then I call the store to confirm and they don't have a clue what the fuck I'm talking about.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So...has anyone seen any Uncharted 2 commercials yet?
Maybe they haven't started yet, but I haven't seen one. Hopefully they spam commercial breaks with ads for this game.

Snuggler said:
Maybe they haven't started yet, but I haven't seen one. Hopefully they spam commercial breaks with ads for this game.

I believe they are going to advertise but probably after people can go and buy it. They probably should have gone ahead and advertised it early but its Sony and all...

Snuggler said:

Don't know about TV...I don't have cable. But I've seen the trailer multiple times while watching Hulu and ads all over Facebook.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Snuggler said:

saw it twice during the LAD/STL playoff game on TBS yesterday.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
neojubei said:
I hated it when games are leaked early because so many people just post spoilers without regard of others.
GAF is usually pretty good with this. There's always a few boneheads who don't spoiler tag though.

ezekial45

Banned
After playing through the game a few times, i have to say that the actor portraying Zoran was fucking spectacular. What a great villain.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
ezekial45 said:
After playing through the game a few times, i have to say that the actor portraying Zoran was fucking spectacular. What a great villain.
Yes, he was awesome. Can't wait till I get to level 40 in multiplayer so I can unlock his skin again.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Finally pre-ordered at bestbuy.com with store pickup. Should I get the golden guns code through email?

Cant wait...too bad school on tuesday :(

BeeDog

ezekial45 said:

Do you get to hear any Serbian from him (or anyone else for that matter)? I hate awful Serbian-wannabe gibberish talk á la GTA4.

ezekial45

Banned
BeeDog said:
Do you get to hear any Serbian from him (or anyone else for that matter)? I hate awful Serbian-wannabe gibberish talk á la GTA4.

Just spoiler tagging it for all the sensitive people.

He just spoke English. With a heavy accent.

BeeDog

ezekial45 said:
Just spoiler tagging it for all the sensitive people.

He just spoke English. With a heavy accent.

Good enough for me, thanks. Funny to see that the actor portraying Zoran is that loudmouthed Scottish idiot from the latest Rambo movie. :lol

ezekial45 said:

Agreed 100%. You could hear the conviction in his voice and expression and there were times when you felt menaced. Very good job by whoever was portraying him.

I cant wait for the game to come out so we can discuss a few 'other' things in detail.

Magnus

I thought I was close to the end, but was surprised to learn I wasn't, not by a mile.

I really thought the Monastery was going to be the last major area. Bam, Shambhala :lol

Leatherface

grap3fruitman said:
I played the demo today... It could be good but I keep dying. >=(
SuperAirMan (I think that was his name), I hate you.

:lol

I feel your pain, man. I get totally annihilated in multi-player. :(

Loudninja said:
Any spoilers in the review?

Didn't read it but I was really surprised it got a 10/10. I thought for sure it was going to be a 7 or 8.

Loudninja said:
I mean the video review?

Didn't watch it. Just briefly read the synopsis I am too paranoid at this point. Anytime I come into this my eyes start to hurt from squinting so hard.

On another note Ninja how is it possible your still a junior I have seen you around here for a long time. Did you get demoted?

Loudninja

BruceLeeRoy said:
Didn't read it but I was really surprised it got a 10/10. I thought for sure it was going to be a 7 or 8.

Didn't watch it. Just briefly read the synopsis I am too paranoid at this point. Anytime I come into this my eyes start to hurt from squinting so hard.

On another note Ninja how is it possible your still a junior I have seen you around here for a long time. Did you get demoted?

Yep, no big deal though :)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
this thread sucks for lowly folk like me who have to wait until Wednesday to play the game :(

Best game ever, the environments in the game is just miles above anything Ive ever played. Sessler was not bullshiting you, this shit takes the crown right here, others better step up.

edit: if this doesn't get 10/10's......... I dont know man, what else do you want?!

I call my robot call today. Picking up This and Brutal legend at the same time is going to be one of the highlights of the gaming year. I'm going to head down a bit early to see what they are doing. It's a major GS store so hopefully there are some give aways. Every time they midnight launch a multiplatform game they only give away 360 stuff so maybe I'll win something I can use this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom