• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

klier

Fakto said:
I'm living in Spain atm, new PS3 games cost 60+ Euros.
But in UK they cost 35 £ = 38 Euros, I'm saving more than 20 Euros per game this way.

Wow, I didn't realise it's that much. In my country they cost around €65 too, so I might have to do this in the future as well....
...However, not with Uncharted 2, because I want to have that game asap, and it's worth every cent.

This games not even been on my radar :lol Should be really as I thought the first was pretty good and my Ps3 is starving with only VC,MGS4 and KZ2 but I got the MP beta yesterday (I thought it was only for people with pre order codes) and the MP was a shit load of fun!
Had a rocket launcher match which was pretty funny :D

Got a feeling I might pick it up on Friday..

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm finally getting the hang of this. I was MVP with 20 kills during a game of team deathmatch. It was four (us) versus five, and we ended up being losing, but damn it if we didn't put up a good fight. <3 temple

iplay5150

isamu said:
That's unfortunate but I guess I can deal with that.

As long as the coop parts are good :)

By the way, will Gamestop be having a midnight launch tonight?

A lot of them are, but not mine apparently. :(

Victarion

god damn it... I can't connect to multiplayer section, it keeps giving me this error: "Error downloading the config file" wtf is this? I'm pissed off :(

kaskade

Amazon has it listed under shipping soon, looks like I should be getting it tomorrow :D At least I have work so the wait won't be as punishing since the ups man usually comes later in the day anyway.

I know this is early but can we all agree that Naughty Dog is to video-gaming as Pixar is to CG movies. Both are good storytellers and are leader in the field of technology in their respective medium.

Myr

Banned
sleeping_dragon said:
I know this is early but can we all agree that Naughty Dog is to video-gaming as Pixar is to CG movies. Both are good storytellers and are leader in the field of technology in their respective medium.

What?

Naughty Dog is Dreamworks.

drake.jpg

3398960470_05527c04b1.jpg

Loudninja

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves – UK Marketing Campaign
We’re sponsoring some great TV over the next 10 weeks, this will feature ‘Uncharted 2: Among Thieves’ branding and footage on all Sky One & Two Movies, including Mission Impossible 2, Hunt for Red October and Beverly Hills Cop. In addition the sponsorship will cover adventure programming on Discovery across four channels (Discovery, Discovery Shed, DMAX and Quest) including new episodes of Deadliest Catch, Whale Wars and Bear Grylls. The movie and adventure sponsorship angle obviously fits Uncharted 2 perfectly.

Along with this sponsorship, we’ll be running our TV ad, including great spots in both the England World Cup Qualifier against Belarus on the 14th and the UEFA Champions League match between Chelsea and Athletico Madrid the following week.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/10/12/uncharted-2-among-thieves-uk-marketing/

Wow nice ad!

It's going to be a very long day, but I'll bee at the Midnight launch at the Store of the future tonight. If any other GAFers are going to make it, let me know. We can stand outside in the freezing cold Denver weather together!

anh_duong

Banned
deepbrown said:
Woah top 4 for Amazon.co.uk is showing that Uncharted 2 may indeed be a system seller:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/videogames//ref=sv_vg_h__8

Uncharted 2, FIFA 10 PS3, Infamous, PS3 Slim.

that is because there was a fudge (possibly although i am not entirely sure) in the amazon order process that allowed you to buy a 250gb ps3 plus three of the above games plus hdmi cable for 270 pounds.

the possible fudge is no longer working..

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/499089/sony-playstation-3-slim-console-250?page=18

vehn

Sucks this isn't getting a heavy marketing campaign like Brutal legend. I've seen sooo many BL commercials on Comedy central (the Gamestop preorder one where it sounds like Tenacious D singing but it has a disclaimer on the bottom saying it isn't Tenacious D, and the "Hell Yeah" one.).

Would love to see a bunch of Uncharted 2 Commercials!!!

deepbrown

vehn said:
Sucks this isn't getting a heavy marketing campaign like Brutal legend. I've seen sooo many BL commercials on Comedy central (the Gamestop preorder one where it sounds like Tenacious D singing but it has a disclaimer on the bottom saying it isn't Tenacious D, and the "Hell Yeah" one.).

Would love to see a bunch of Uncharted 2 Commercials!!!

Uh - the advertising in Europe begins...today (tonight)

All Sky One and Two movies will feature Uncharted 2 branding and footage, with films including Mission Impossible 2, Hunt for Red October and Beverly Hills Cop. Moreover, the game will sponsor adventure programming on the Discovery channels on shows such as Deadliest Catch, Whale Wars and Bear Grylls.

A TV ad will also be running on other channels, including spots between the England World Cup Qualifier against Belarus and the UEFA Champions League match between Chelsea and Athletico Madrid.

The ad will also make its way into cinemas before movies including Saw VI, Jennifer’s Body, Triangle, 2012 and Zombieland.

There'll be a large press campaign for the game, with a further competition running on benathandrake.com, where UK residents can win a real Himalayan adventure.

Jim

Damn you Treasures! I've been through the game 1.5 times, and only have 70 Treasures (including the Relic). And I've been really taking my time searching for them too. They are so well hidden this time. I've been through the 2nd chapter 4 times and am still missing one, that one really pisses me off. I had no problem grabbing 90%+ of the Uncharted 1 treasures in my first playthrough.

I do have one general tip though
look up, a lot

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Has anyone received the game from shopto yet? :( They always send the games out early. Got infamous 3 days early, same with KZ2.

Ashour

Jim said:
Damn you Treasures! I've been through the game 1.5 times, and only have 70 Treasures (including the Relic). And I've been really taking my time searching for them too. They are so well hidden this time. I've been through the 2nd chapter 4 times and am still missing one, that one really pisses me off. I had no problem grabbing 90%+ of the Uncharted 1 treasures in my first playthrough.

I do have one general tip though
look up, a lot

I was surprised that the relic is one of ther easier treasures to find unlike the 1st game..

Ashour

BattleMonkey said:
I don't think the US one is any good either. While funny, it barely shows off the game at all and the footage they show is pretty poor.

Yes I agree, Uncharted 1 type of ad with Uncharted 2 graphics would’ve been much better.

deepbrown

Ashour said:
Yes I agree, Uncharted 1 type of ad with Uncharted 2 graphics would’ve been much better.
Like the Europe one?

And Jimmy Fallon is talking about Uncharted 2 on his Twitter :D (he has 2 million followers)

Lyonaz

For all the dutchies in the Hague, Gameshop has Uncharted 2 in stock!

OMG my paycheck comes in tomorrow, I need to borrow some money from my bro ASAP!

BRB store closes in less than 2 hours.

Zutroy

nib95 said:
Is there a place doing an Uncharted 2 UK Tin Edition or pre-order bonuses? Any links?
Game

EDIT: Too slow =(

Never noticed the later shipping date before. Got an email from them saying mine is in the shipping process just now =\

nib95

Banned
Will GAME have a midnight launch? And will the Special Edition be sold at stores? I might just go to a store for pick up, always good to help the retail channel.

womfalcs3

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
Beta goes bye bye in 1 hour 37 minutes (12 EST).

It's noon PT. This should mean chances are better today, since it's not a 24-hour period, and many people will be at work or school during the time the contest is running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom