• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Imo, Uncharted is to Uncharted 2 what Batman Begins is to The Dark Knight.

Uncharted 2 is bigger, more sweeping, and infinitely more inspired, but the first had to exist for Uncharted 2 to happen.

thetrin said:
Imo, Uncharted is to Uncharted 2 what Batman Begins is to The Dark Knight.

Uncharted 2 is bigger, more sweeping, and infinitely more inspired, but the first had to exist for Uncharted 2 to happen.
Except Batman Begins is better than the Dark Knight and Uncharted 2 fucking blows Uncharted 1 away.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
DevelopmentArrested said:
Except Batman Begins is better than the Dark Knight and Uncharted 2 fucking blows Uncharted 1 away.

I hate to say it, but I agree with the first part. Will find out about the second soon.

Except Batman Begins is better than the Dark Knight

Don't wanna derail the thread, but...:lol . A thousand NO's.

We can take this to the OP otherwise.

OT, I pick-up my copy tomorrow, and cannot fucking wait.

A.R.K

Amazon said:
Greetings from Amazon.com.

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items, and that this
completes your order. Your order is being shipped and cannot be changed
by you or by our customer service department.

The following items have been shipped to you by Amazon.com:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazon.com items (Sold by Amazon.com, LLC):

1 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves $56.99 1 $56.99

Shipped via UPS

They haz shipeddddd my precious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

-viper-

Banned
I watched Batman Begins straight after watching The Dark Knight. It's not as good. Great movie, but not as good. At least Bale was superior in the first film.

Man, bad thread derail. Sorry!
without Heath Ledger, Dark Knight is pretty meh

2 things:

1) Is there anyway to switch shoulders and keep it switched until you hit it again?
2) Man the treasures in SP are HARD TO FIND! Especially compared to Uncharted 1 where they were just lying around.

Loudninja

Guardian Uncharted 2 Review 5/5
The result is truly epic, especially when you take into account the incredible graphics and fantastically intricate levels. And then there are the epic set-piece missions in which, seemingly, Drake's entire surroundings are blown to shreds yet, somehow, he always scrambles to safety.

Uncharted 2 provides the perfect means of reducing any remaining throwbacks who still insist on maintaining that games are mindless to embarrassed speechlessness – if you know any Daily Mail readers, you should make showing it to them your mission. And, of course, if you own a PS3, you're going to buy a copy – it goes without saying.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2009/oct/12/uncharted-2-game-review

mr_nothin

Banned
Batman Begins was horrible. It jumped around so much and I could barely tell what was even going on. It felt like a synopsis rather than a movie. It felt like a long ass trailer for The Dark Knight.

LaneDS

BattleMonkey said:
Midnight launches are tonight? Gamestop just texted me that I can pick it up Tuesday AM. Guess they ain't doing one at my shop.

Yeah, tonight. Against my best judgement I am going to be in attendance and probably won't sleep at all tonight.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Stupid question bout how do you do Taunts in MP?

Also.. I never realised you could R2 to reload.. I've always been hitting down on d-pad.
Stand still and press X.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
I come in here hoping to hear impressions from the lucky few that got it early and instead I get a Batman debate. Leave it the fuck alone gaf.

Dragon

Banned
mr_nothin said:
Batman Begins was horrible. It jumped around so much and I could barely tell what was even going on. It felt like a synopsis rather than a movie. It felt like a long ass trailer for The Dark Knight.

What were you confused about? I thought it was a much better movie myself.

Brandon F said:
Thread derail but:

1st half of Batman Begins>Dark Knight>2nd half of Batman Begins.

+1.

Back to the topic, I got the game yesterday and having one hell of a time. Im not that far into the game but its very very fun. I mildy enjoyed the first Uncharted but this game is better on all levels.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Nearly finished with my replay of Uncharted 1 (I may save the last chapter for tomorrow, depending on if I go pick up Uncharted 2 tomorrow or Wednesday *probably Wednesday*) but man, such a fun ride just like the first time.

Graphically it's amazing Uncharted 1 was "best the PS3 had to offer" two-three years ago? Then Killzone 2 comes out and then Uncharted 2 comes out and squashes it completely. :/

We all know which Batman was the best, so lets keep the talk on Uncharted now.
3084872559_3203424e6d.jpg

beast786

Man, bad thread derail. Sorry!
without Heath Ledger, Dark Knight is pretty meh

2 things:

1) Is there anyway to switch shoulders and keep it switched until you hit it again?
2) Man the treasures in SP are HARD TO FIND! Especially compared to Uncharted 1 where they were just lying around.

I am not sure what your question is in particular. Pressing L1 and L3 switches your shoulder.

looks like they have done a better job with trailers this year, showing some actual gameplay footage is a start.

I still think ND could have done better if they made it themselves though, their massive attack trailer for the original was great, i know they don't get the same liberty with time on TV but i'm sure they could do something great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmTgjLFNvA4&feature=PlayList&p=94642585230ADE65&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=3&fmt=22

Assassins Creed also had a good 30 second ad here in the UK with another massive attack song, worked really well imo and was quite simple to boot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwg2nMAUxkk&feature=related

TheSeks said:
Nearly finished with my replay of Uncharted 1 (I may save the last chapter for tomorrow, depending on if I go pick up Uncharted 2 tomorrow or Wednesday *probably Wednesday*) but man, such a fun ride just like the first time.

Graphically it's amazing Uncharted 1 was "best the PS3 had to offer" two-three years ago? Then Killzone 2 comes out and then Uncharted 2 comes out and squashes it completely. :/
I got to Chapter 13 last night on crushing in 5 hours.

It's funny because my first crushing run took me like 4 hours to get there. I suck now. :lol

Hopefully I'll finish it by tonight.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
tfur said:
Another dumb question... How do you snap a neck when behind someone in multiplayer?
You have to be behind them and they have to not be able to see you on their screen. If someone has the camera rotated around them you won't be able to do it.

tass0

Banned
Finally I am unbanned :X

I can't wait for Uncharted 2 :D I avoided as many images, screenshots, interviews etc as I can so I don't get spoiled like I did with MGS4 and KZ2 ¬_¬

And damn, since I am in Europe I have to play the game 3 days later while all you people will have already finished the game :(

noah111

Still Alive
I really hope i'm able to pick this up at launch or at least near launch. I'll be picking up the tools today or tomorrow to fix my YLOD PS3, then doing a backup, reformatting deactivating etc, so I can sell it to GameStop and get $150 store credit toward a PS3 slim. :D

MrJollyLivesNextDoor said:
looks like they have done a better job with trailers this year, showing some actual gameplay footage is a start.

I still think ND could have done better if they made it themselves though, their massive attack trailer for the original was great, i know they don't get the same liberty with time on TV but i'm sure they could do something great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmTgjLFNvA4&feature=PlayList&p=94642585230ADE65&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=3&fmt=22

Assassins Creed also had a good 30 second ad here in the UK with another massive attack song, worked really well imo and was quite simple to boot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwg2nMAUxkk&feature=related
Don't know if you saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHMV9fCbkoM

Something I did with the Fortune Favors the Bold trailer, and some Massive Attack.

rhino4evr

Amazon account status now says "Shipping Soon" I am assuming it's going to ship today or tomorro despite the shipping estimate of the 19th. Woo Hoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom