• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaneDS

Man, beta closing is kind of sad. 350 matches later, that beta became easily my most played multiplayer console game since... Phantasy Star Online? First console shooter that I've been able to really enjoy. I'd say the first Halo, but that was at LAN parties, so it doesn't quite count.

Can't wait to dig into the real thing tomorrow.

Loudninja

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves – OUT THIS WEEK!
After having being awarded ‘Game of the Show’ at E3 and ‘Best Console Game’ at Gamescom, everyone at SCEE and Naughty Dog is absolutely delighted by the amazing reviews the game is getting so far, it’s been fan-tas-tic! I hope you’re all equally excited as the game launches this week across Europe and the PAL region: 16th October in the UK & Ireland, 15th October in Australia & New Zealand and 14th October across the rest of the PAL region. Only a few days to go!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/10/12/uncharted-2-among-thieves-–-out-this-week/

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
LaneDS said:
Man, beta closing is kind of sad. 350 matches later, that beta became easily my most played multiplayer console game since... Phantasy Star Online? First console shooter that I've been able to really enjoy. I'd say the first Halo, but that was at LAN parties, so it doesn't quite count.

Can't wait to dig into the real thing tomorrow.

I tried CoD4, GTA4 and Killzone 2 on PS3 and this is the first time this gen I'm hooked on a multiplayer shooter. I played +200 matches already and I think this game won't leave my console for several months.

Doc Evils

nib95 said:
Will GAME have a midnight launch? And will the Special Edition be sold at stores? I might just go to a store for pick up, always good to help the retail channel.

Yeah I got mine pre-ordered at my local store to use my gift cards.

Loudninja said:

perhaps someone can explain to me why the UK is forced in for Friday?

KZObsessed

Doc Evils said:
Yeah I got mine pre-ordered at my local store to use my gift cards.

perhaps someone can explain to me why the UK is forced in for Friday?

Weak pound. People import the UK version for cheaper.

LaneDS

marc^o^ said:

I tried CoD4, GTA4 and Killzone 2 on PS3 and this is the first time this gen I'm hooked on a multiplayer shooter. I played +200 matches already and I think this game won't leave my console for several months.

Yeah man. It's just fun and clicks in all the right ways.

And the beta is now officially dead.

"The content has expired and is no longer available."

R.I.P. beta. <3 LaneDS

MNC

LaneDS said:
Yeah man. It's just fun and clicks in all the right ways.

And the beta is now officially dead.

"The content has expired and is no longer available."

R.I.P. beta. <3 LaneDS
FUCK. Oh well, forces me to go through Uncharted 1 :D

Lyonaz

W00t w00t!

u2get.jpg

Currently in chapter 2, best thing is I also got 2 days off from work!:D

Cyberia

nib95

Banned
4.75 lol...what a joke. Not the score (great score). Just the fact that they use a /5 scale but also do 0.25's lol. Why not just go /10 or /100? Almost as bad as 21/20!

Anyway good stuff. Interesting page layout on that site lol. Quite cluttered.

beast786 said:
I am a freaking surgeon and all i am thinking about is U2 at work

Sad...

:lol Are you serious Beast! That is just fantastic stuff I have to remember that its going to add a whole new dimension to your posts for me.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Manticore said:
Anyone having the same problem? :(
How's your connection? I always get download errors when connecting if I use my PS3's wifi to connect directly to my wifi router. If I wire it to my laptop and use that to connect to my router I get no errors.

Golden Gun codes should be working now. Just saw someone playing with them:

2yud8ow.jpg

2la30k5.jpg

Lince

Banned
both my CE copies from GAME UK and GAME Spain have been dispatched... I guess I'll get the Spanish version tomorrow afternoon and the UK one later on Wednesday.

\o/

Ashour

deepbrown said:
Like the Europe one?

And Jimmy Fallon is talking about Uncharted 2 on his Twitter :D (he has 2 million followers)

No, the one that looked like a movie trailer.

Jimmy Fallon is awesome.

Lince

Banned
FFObsessed said:

don't you worry, I won't start playing until you get your copy... I'm still fascinated with Ninja Gaiden 2 and MAG Beta

lol maybe I'll be Platinum by the time you get it

nib95 said:
4.75 lol...what a joke. Not the score (great score). Just the fact that they use a /5 scale but also do 0.25's lol. Why not just go /10 or /100? Almost as bad as 21/20!

Anyway good stuff. Interesting page layout on that site lol. Quite cluttered.

What's wrong with a 5 point scale? I agree that the whole decimal point thing is silly, but a five point scale has become pretty standard. As for the site layout, yeah, it's pretty cluttered but not anymore so than your IGNs and 1UPs.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I couldn't force myself to finish the first Uncharted because of the drawn out firefights, but I'm picking up U2 tomorrow and have Wednesday off to plow through it. Should I watch the final few cutscenes of U1 via YouTube? Decisions...

Chapter 13+14 are so fucking incredible. Best hour of gaming I've played in years.

One of the most impressive things about this game is no loading times. Anywhere. WHAT.THE.FUCK.

Psykotik

just got the region 3 version earlier today.

and it seems like my region 3 uncharted 2 isn't able to read my region 1 uncharted 1 trophies

i'm getting a region 1 uncharted 2 in a coupla days and i'll replay it and see what the uncharted 1 trophy read unlocks

i just hope that it won't install 2 different sets of trophies though (region 3 set and region 1 set)

and i hope i'll be able to continue my region 3 trophy progress using a region 1 disc

anybody know if trophies are 'region locked'?

LaneDS

Mutagenic said:
I couldn't force myself to finish the first Uncharted because of the drawn out firefights, but I'm picking up U2 tomorrow and have Wednesday off to plow through it. Should I watch the final few cutscenes of U1 via YouTube? Decisions...

Yes. Uncharted 1 is good, not great, when it comes to gameplay. If you didn't enjoy it and gave it a fair shot already, go nuts, watch it on YouTube and get ready for Uncharted 2, which is going to play as amazingly as it looks.

DevelopmentArrested said:
Chapter 13+14 are so fucking incredible. Best hour of gaming I've played in years.

One of the most impressive things about this game is no loading times. Anywhere. WHAT.THE.FUCK.
There's only that initial load time.. and it's a doozy.
You'll see it a lot more if you go on a Treasure Hunt run and want to jump around chapters. A minute+ loading screen each and every time. :lol

LaneDS

Psykotik said:

and it seems like my region 3 uncharted 2 isn't able to read my region 1 uncharted 1 trophies

i'm getting a region 1 uncharted 2 in a coupla days and i'll replay it and see what the uncharted 1 trophy read unlocks

i just hope that it won't install 2 different sets of trophies though (region 3 set and region 1 set)

and i hope i'll be able to continue my region 3 trophy progress using a region 1 disc

I know you can acquire trophies for games from other regions (I imported Demon's Souls and the trophies still show up), but they have different listings for the same game from different regions. Case in point: my buddies that picked up Demon's Souls this week have a separate listing for their trophies than my Asian version.

Not quite sure if that answers your question, but I think it might help.

rhino4evr

slider said:
My copy from Amazon UK hasn't even shipped yet. : (

my copy from Amazon US hasn't either. They ususally dont ship it until the day of.

Im expecting to get it by this weekend.

Im still finishing up Batman..so I will have to wait while everyone on this board freaks out about how awesome it is. Thinking of staying away in fear of major spoilers being thrown around.

KAOz

Short bus special
Psykotik said:

I thought it Uncharted 2 read your Uncharted 1 save-file, and not the trophies.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, because otherwise, there's your problem.

dpp

Neo Member
TRU should be sending me Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend tomorrow... hopefully I'll be playing it before the end of the week :D

slider

rhino4evr said:
my copy from Amazon US hasn't either. They ususally dont ship it until the day of.

Im expecting to get it by this weekend.

Im still finishing up Batman..so I will have to wait while everyone on this board freaks out about how awesome it is. Thinking of staying away in fear of major spoilers being thrown around.

It was just a lamentation cos after it ships it goes to my UK address before being turned around for South America. I fully expect a 2 week delay. Sob.

I'll have to finish Batman too. I should also start inFamous. There's stuff to do but I guess I'll have to stay the hell away from this thread. :|

Psykotik

LaneDS said:
I know you can acquire trophies for games from other regions (I imported Demon's Souls and the trophies still show up), but they have different listings for the same game from different regions. Case in point: my buddies that picked up Demon's Souls this week have a separate listing for their trophies than my Asian version.

Not quite sure if that answers your question, but I think it might help.
argh, i really hope it wont install two trophy sets for the same game.

i have singstar vol 1 (R4), vol 2 (R1) and vol 3 (R2) and they all share the same trophy set and i can earn trophies using any disc.

hope it'll be the same case with uncharted 2.

(i'm a bit anal about not wanting two sets of trophy listings for the same game)

Psykotik

KAOz said:
I thought it Uncharted 2 read your Uncharted 1 save-file, and not the trophies.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, because otherwise, there's your problem.
ah, hmm well that could be it too. not sure if the game is trying to read the save file or the trophy list or whether it needs both to be from the same region as the disc. we'll see what happens once i get my R1 disc in.

chris0701

Psykotik:

You do not need UC 1 trophy(i.e. Platinum) for UC 2 unlockable or special offer.

A save of "game completed" would award you $100000 in UC2.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Started playing Uncharted 2 last night. Fuck, what a beautiful game. I think the game really hit me in the face with its detail when you first arrive in
Borneo
. The sheer detail in the flora coupled with the water effects blew me away.

There's so much more I love about the game, but the whole thing is just god damn fantastic.

(To clarify, I'm on Chapter 7 atm)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
No one cares for Game Informer, but their review is up.

http://gameinformer.com/games/uncharted_2_among_thieves/b/ps3/archive/2009/10/12/review.aspx

Uncharted 2 is a masterstroke of game creation. This is the killer app PlayStation 3 owners have been waiting for, and I’d even be saying this without the outstanding competitive and co-op multiplayer (see sidebar). Given the complexity of the character relationships, I urge players to play the original game before venturing into the sequel. Some of the jokes and references fall flat if you don’t have the knowledge of Nathan’s previous exploits.

Uncharted 2 is a ringing testament to the power of both games and storytelling. It pulls you in, keeps you engaged, and concludes with a thunderous bang.

Score: 10. Second opinion is a 10 as well.

Hur hur killer app hur hur.

agaru

Manticore said:
Wired. however I don't think the problem is with my connection. I was playing the Beta just fine, but multiplayer section of the game itself doesn't connect.
Dunno but it might be related to your save files. Do you still have the save file of the beta in your system? If so, delete it and see if this fixes the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom