• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrakier

Lince said:
both my CE copies from GAME UK and GAME Spain have been dispatched... I guess I'll get the Spanish version tomorrow afternoon and the UK one later on Wednesday.

\o/

Rich people are rich.

eXistor

VG+ shipped it last friday, but I already have the SE pre-ordered at my work...I forgot I ordered it at VG+ as well. I already found someone to take it off my hands though.

Got a text from Gamestop to pick this up tomorrow Morning. But there is a Midnight Launch for Brutal Legend and Uncharted 2. I just be up around that time to go get it. That's okay.

beast786

Mailenstein said:
Just finished Uncharted 2 a few hours ago. What a blast - from the very beginning til the very end. It's just THAT awesome!

Its my fav game of all time. And i have been gaming for a long long time. Any impressions?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Damn, it's almost here, the wait is over. I switched shifts and got tomorrow off from work, the only thing that stands in my way is that my girlfriend will be around all day. She's not into playing videogames or watching me play them.
If only that stupid fucking commercial was true...

Prezhulio

Wario64 said:
Is it just me or does it feel like co-op doesn't give you much money/exp compared to just playing DM?

depends how far you get. i've only made it to the 8th round, but the time i did i got more money than most deathmatch games i play. in general though (and especially during the good rounds) i think deathmatch pays off better.

i reallly hope it comes tomorrow with RDD and they don't leave a note because no on will be there to sign. no shipping status and my cc hasn't even been charged, but i guess that's probably typical of the huge volume they are shipping out.

freitax

Wario64 said:
Is it just me or does it feel like co-op doesn't give you much money/exp compared to just playing DM?
in co op arena (goldrush) you only get your money if you win round 10, you still get the money from the medals.

slider

I pre-ordered for my bro and myself. He'll get his on launch in the UK and I'll get mine much later. Therefore I'm tempted to do a trawl around these parts to see if anyone has it in stock. It'll be mucho expensive but I'm finding the wait difficult... : (

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Damn, the scores for U2 have been insane. It's probably the best reviewed game of the generation, only GTAIV is highier with one more point (metacritic). I'm sure that ND is popping open some champaign as we speak. Now all it has to do is sell well...

Zutroy

My plan to keep the beta running while I was at work so I could get home and continue to use it worked! :D

Now I can keep playing it as long as I don't turn off my PS3 :lol

beast786 said:
Its my fav game of all time. And i have been gaming for a long long time. Any impressions?
I don't want to spoil the game for anyone in here. I'm really having a hard time picking up something what stands out. There are so many highlights and everything is put together like some kind of awesome puzzle. The whole game is the highlight. It's really rare for me that I've experienced something like this. I had that with Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Super Mario World and all those other classics. It felt great from the beginning til the end - without excuses.

Prezhulio

freitax said:
in co op arena (goldrush) you only get your money if you win round 10, you still get the money from the medals.

oh shit that's how that works? i feel like i'd probably have $200,000 if i ever got to/beat round 10. what a pay off!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Wario64 said:
You can get a lot of money in Co-Op but you have to be on top of everything. You need to make a bunch of kills, get as many medals as possible, try to get as many 3x time bonus as possible in Gold Rush, collect all the treasures you see, keep the multiplier at 7+, and most importantly finish the stage. If you don't finish it you only get money for the medals you collected and the number of rounds you completed.

ezekial45

Banned
Killthee said:
You can get a lot of money in Co-Op but you have to be on top of everything. You need to make a bunch of kills, get as many medals as possible, try to get as many 3x time bonus as possible in Gold Rush, collect all the treasures you see, keep the multiplier at 7+, and most importantly finish the stage. If you don't finish it you only get money for the medals you collected and the number of rounds you completed.

There is a lot more at stake when you go into Co-op arena/mission. Its sorta the accumulation of 3-4 rounds in other game types. The payoff is great, since I made most of my levels that way, but much more is at risk.

(Killthee I've played with you a couple of times but I forgot you were a gaffer =P)

Magnus

Magnus said:
Two questions for those who've played both Uncharted 1 and 2 all the way through now:

1. Is it worth playing the first Uncharted if I haven't yet? I dig the back-and-forth between the characters enough to want to see the first adventure they're in, but if the game will feel like a giant backward step in terms of gameplay, I'm not sure I should bother with so much else to play at the moment.

2. In the ending,
who is the "he" Elena refers to? I was thinking Flynn at first, but then I guessed it was probably Nate's father, who was probably discussed in the first game?

Thanks.

Questions from ten pages back -- anyone? :)

Magnus said:
Questions from ten pages back -- anyone? :)

2. In the ending,
who is the "he" Elena refers to? I was thinking Flynn at first, but then I guessed it was probably Nate's father, who was probably discussed in the first game?

Given that Drake
is holding onto Schafer's medallion, Elena's referring to Schafer. Nate's father isn't discussed in the first game.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Just popping in to reiterate my (and many others) statement that this is GOTY. :D

Now, I am going to step out of this spoiler mine-laden thread. :lol

dronde

Neo Member
Need HELP.

In Chapter 23: Reunion, Once I am done with the puzzle, what should I DO? I can't get out and nothing works.

AmericanNinja said:
Just shipped from Amazon can't wait!:D

I preordered through amazon as well with release date delivery through prime. It still says, 'shipping soon' and delivery estimate of October 13. Should i be worried?

Pringler

dronde said:
Need HELP.

In Chapter 23: Reunion, Once I am done with the puzzle, what should I DO? I can't get out and nothing works.

What do I have to do in the 2nd part of that puzzle? I'm just not getting it. Even with Drakes Grail-Book.

Magnus

Lemming_JRS said:
Given that Drake
is holding onto Schafer's medallion, Elena's referring to Schafer. Nate's father isn't discussed in the first game.

I'm an unobservant loser. I had no idea that was his. :lol

I had no idea who Francis Drake was - go figure, a real-life explorer, upon wiki search.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
dronde said:
Need HELP.

Climb up to the opening

Pringler said:
What do I have to do in the 2nd part of that puzzle? I'm just not getting it. Even with Drakes Grail-Book.

The color is the key.

dronde

Neo Member
once you done, look in the booklet and match the Tibatan (they look chinese to me) sign. They go by color codes

Pringler said:

Magnus

freitax said:
question for those who have finished the game, do you also win a next gen filter like in UC1? if so post pics:D

It's purchaseable, afaik, from the in-game store menu. But...I'm not sure what it does to the screen, lol.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Magnus said:
It's purchaseable, afaik, from the in-game store menu. But...I'm not sure what it does to the screen, lol.

Makes the game look next-gen since the graphics arent that good to begin with

Magnus

freitax said:
I bet it turns the image brownish and full of bloom, hence "next gen":p

Haha, something like that. Probably a dig at graphics in 'next gen' games like Gears of War and other color-impared spectacles. :lol

Pringler said:
I placed the 4 things on each pedestal and now the twisty-things with the symbols come out and in his book there are 3 symbols and i dont know what to do.

I think you're looking at the page that has sets of 3 symbols on it. Try looking at one of the earlier pages, and concern yourself with color instead.

LaneDS

freitax said:
I bet it turns the image brownish and full of bloom, hence "next gen":p

That's exactly what it did in the first game, so seems like a safe bet it'll do it again for round 2.

Seven and a half hours to go.

I'm curious when they're going to wipe the stats off naughtydog.com. Do any of you folks with copies yet have clean stats on there?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
LaneDS said:
That's exactly what it did in the first game, so seems like a safe bet it'll do it again for round 2.

Seven and a half hours to go.

I'm curious when they're going to wipe the stats off naughtydog.com. Do any of you folks with copies yet have clean stats on there?

I think my stats are combined with my beta stats. Which makes it kinda...weird.

Edit: Actually, it looks like it's just showing my beta stats since it says I played last time on Oct 5th, which sounds about right. I got the full game after that day :p

Enojado

Calavera520 said:
I preordered through amazon as well with release date delivery through prime. It still says, 'shipping soon' and delivery estimate of October 13. Should i be worried?

No, don't be worried. I had release date delivery for ODST and didn't get the shipment notice until around 10pm the day before its release. Strangely, I just got my UC2 shipment notification from Amazon so I guess it just depends.

thaOwner

MrJollyLivesNextDoor said:
looks like they have done a better job with trailers this year, showing some actual gameplay footage is a start.

I still think ND could have done better if they made it themselves though, their massive attack trailer for the original was great, i know they don't get the same liberty with time on TV but i'm sure they could do something great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmTgjLFNvA4&feature=PlayList&p=94642585230ADE65&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=3&fmt=22

]
Fucking goosebumps yo.

Wario64 said:
I think my stats are combined with my beta stats. Which makes it kinda...weird.

Edit: Actually, it looks like it's just showing my beta stats since it says I played last time on Oct 5th, which sounds about right. I got the full game after that day :p

pretty sure they're combined. Mine says level 30 (25 beta + 5 retail)

Also.. is it weird that one of my favorite parts of the game so far is: (Chapter 7ish)

Jumping into the swimming pool and playing Marco Polo. The view combined with the current tranquility is just so awesome

Pringler

Magnus said:
Haha, something like that. Probably a dig at graphics in 'next gen' games like Gears of War and other color-impared spectacles. :lol

I think you're looking at the page that has sets of 3 symbols on it. Try looking at one of the earlier pages, and concern yourself with color instead.

Thanks! Thats it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom