• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaskade

I also got my shipment info from amazon, it's coming fedex, tomrrow, by 4:30. I have an essay to write too, I better get it done during the day tomorrow, otherwise I can't see myself finishing it.

Firewire

Banned
Kittonwy said:
Well at least I'm going to be off this week and a bit of the next so starting tomorrow I will be playing it.
angry.gif
My EB said they would have it first thing in the morning meaning my flu suddenly got worse.

okno

Fuuuuck yeaaaaah! Just called my GameStop to see if they´re doing a midnight launch, even though the store is not listed on the "midnight launches" list on their website, and they're doing it.

Fuuuuck yeaaaaah!

Az

oh shit.. no...noooo

I can't get the game tonight at midnight, due to budget issues. Bought the wife a ring for her birthday and got myself airfare tickets to see some friends in Iowa for thanksgiving. Oh well don't rub it in now, no I am not listening. Aghh get out of my head.

I have a question about the coop mode. I have a friend who's picking it up solely on the coop mission we played in the beta, so I was wondering how many coop missions there will be. Does anyone have a general idea? Is it a story mode, or more objective based?

edit: oops u guys just answered my question. Thanks!~~

Gribbix

TheExecutive said:
Are they long? That seems pretty skimpy...
I haven't gotten a chance to play co-op as much as I'd like to, although I managed to complete one level on easy and it took about 37 minutes. Co-op is a lot harder than the campaign levels (hence why you can upgrade your weapons in co-op). They throw a shit-ton of enemies at you. I can say that the Nepal co-op level in the beta is only a portion of the full level from the retail version.

Just got to the start of Chapter 4 before deciding that I should be responsible and stop right when I said I was going to so I can make dinner and watch House. I really wanna turn the game back on.

Fuckin' a.

slipknot2009

Neo Member
I AM JOHN! said:
Just got to the start of Chapter 4 before deciding that I should be responsible and stop right when I said I was going to so I can make dinner and watch House. I really wanna turn the game back on.

Fuckin' a.

Play the game! Here.. here's what happens on house.

Patient gets sick
House's team says it's one thing, House says no it's not
They treat patient, patient almost dies
House says OK maybe it's the first thing
Patient almost dies again
Cutty tells House he has to obey hospital rules
House does something risky that could kill patient
Patient is cured.
The end.

Now play Uncharted 2... you're almost at the falling building level!

MNC

TheAzRim said:
oh shit.. no...noooo

I can't get the game tonight at midnight, due to budget issues. Bought the wife a ring for her birthday and got myself airfare tickets to see some friends in Iowa for thanksgiving. Oh well don't rub it in now, no I am not listening. Aghh get out of my head.
Bros/hos > Gaem :D

freitax

slipknot2009 said:
Play the game! Here.. here's what happens on house.

Patient gets sick
House's team says it's one thing, House says no it's not
They treat patient, patient almost dies
House says OK maybe it's the first thing
Patient almost dies again
Cutty tells House he has to obey hospital rules
House does something risky that could kill patient
Patient is cured.
The end.

Now play Uncharted 2... you're almost at the falling building level!
House does have its share of fillers like most shows, but there are some awesome episodes in house, crazy awesome.

Was gonna wait on this, but these reviews have me pulled in. I've managed to stay completely spoiler free thus far, and know very little about the game. That doesn't happen to me often. Looking forward to starting it tomorrow evening.

WHOAguitarninja said:
Was gonna wait on this, but these reviews have me pulled in. I've managed to stay completely spoiler free thus far, and know very little about the game. That doesn't happen to me often. Looking forward to starting it tomorrow evening.

I envy you. I wish i can forget everything and start over again.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
WHOAguitarninja said:

I avoided pretty much everything too and it paid off. You'll be wowed.

Cerberus said:
I'd have to reach to offer any significant criticisms of this game, because none readily present themselves. You might end up ducking behind the wrong cover or grabbing the wrong handhold once in a while, I guess. (There, are you happy?) Naughty Dog set out with a very specific goal in mind, and in focusing intently on that goal, they blew right past it. Uncharted 2 is a sublime example of how to make a great action game, the result of fantastic execution on every aspect of the game's design and development. It's the best, most memorable game I've played in a long, long time.
DAYMMMMMMMMMM

Cyberia

Cerberus said:

I'd have to reach to offer any significant criticisms of this game, because none readily present themselves. You might end up ducking behind the wrong cover or grabbing the wrong handhold once in a while, I guess. (There, are you happy?) Naughty Dog set out with a very specific goal in mind, and in focusing intently on that goal, they blew right past it. Uncharted 2 is a sublime example of how to make a great action game, the result of fantastic execution on every aspect of the game's design and development. It's the best, most memorable game I've played in a long, long time.

HOT.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Shit, store is doing a midnight launch.

Looks like I'm going to give in and go instead of waiting until Wednesday to pick up. First game in a long while I want so bad that'll I'll wade through for a midnight launch.

~Kinggi~

Banned
im pretty sure im gonna love the fuck out of this new hotness.

Sounds like Uncharted 2 is a full realization of what Uncharted 1 wanted to do.

LaneDS

So if you live in the Fairfax, Virginia area, you might want to call your local Gamestop to find out if they're still doing a midnight launch. Just went to pay my pre-order off and I asked if they were ready for tonight, to which they replied "Oh that? Yeah that got cancelled across the district. Not enough hours." When I asked if they were going to tell all the people they texted/called yesterday telling them about the midnight launch, they of course sheepishly said "no". Stay classy Gamestop.

So yeah. Think I should just try a Walmart or Target at midnight? Never tried one of those bigger stores for a street dated product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom