• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyberia

Special Edition Podcast: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Sometimes, a review just isn’t enough – even a review that hands out two perfect 10s. In honor of Naughty Dog’s epic Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Game Informer editors Andy Reiner and Matt Helgeson decided they needed yet another outlet for their love of the game. In what we hope is the first of many special edition podcasts, Reiner and Matt get their fanboy on, waxing effusive on the game’s amazing storytelling, gameplay, production values, and multiplayer action. The episode also features music from the game’s soundtrack, written by Firefly composer Greg Edmonson.

http://gameinformer.com/b/podcasts/...dition-podcast-uncharted-2-among-thieves.aspx

LaneDS

distantmantra said:
Is that even possible? Are there 24-hour Targets?

Oh, I just assume Walmart and Target were pretty similar. Guess not!

I'll probably go in the morning and sleep like a normal person. But again, if you're in the Fairfax, VA area and planned to hit Gamestop, call them to check if they're going to be open.

Played through the first Uncharted over the weekend. Man, that game still holds up real well even two years later.

Really excited for part 2...

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
okno said:
Fuuuuck yeaaaaah! Just called my GameStop to see if they´re doing a midnight launch, even though the store is not listed on the "midnight launches" list on their website, and they're doing it.

Fuuuuck yeaaaaah!

Just wanted to thank you for the post...mine wasn't listed, but I read this and thought I should give em a call and sure enough, they're doing one. I'll be able to swing by right after work and play some Uncharted tonight! :D

Prezhulio

please don't require a signature ups, please don't require a signature ups, please don't require a signature ups...

people really are clamoring about this game it seems, had a ps3less friend who played the first one on mine call and ask if i had preordered it.

welp, took a nap and it's still too early to go down there. I think I'll leave in an hour, get a beer and a sandwich at Old chicago, then go down and see it they are giving away any prizes

Fuck my school group project obligations I'm playin' me some Uncharted tomorrow afternoon!

Screw you interest groups and their effects on government!

reKon

Banned
it's almost 9 pm est and my Uncharted 2 hasn't shipped from amazon. What the fuck amazon? My future game of the year needs (and maybe gen) needs to be at my apartment so I can play after classes!

LaneDS

Yeah, so I called some other Gamestops in my area, and they are doing the midnight opening. Which means the employees at the Fairfax, VA one lied to my face about the district not doing the midnight launch thing anymore. Pretty awesome.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Tomorrow I have to get through work, meeting my girlfriend's mom, and class then I can play Uncharted 2 the rest of the day. It's going to be an eternity waiting through that.

Greg said:
Damn, I have 6 tests this week... not even worth getting the game until Friday night when I'm off campus.
least you are getting it. I think he who shall not be named isn't picking it up : (
I wanted co-op

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Wario64 said:
gg Gribbix, Killthee...holy revivals at the end, lol

I'll be on later tonight
I was freaking out in that one round you both died and left me alone with the shotty whore. I kept hearing him get closer and closer screaming "He's down here!", but I couldn't pinpoint him :lol

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
LaneDS said:
Yeah, so I called some other Gamestops in my area, and they are doing the midnight opening. Which means the employees at the Fairfax, VA one lied to my face about the district not doing the midnight launch thing anymore. Pretty awesome.

Seems there are a very limited number of midnight openings for this.

Walmart is always a good option.

LaneDS

dskillzhtown said:
Seems there are a very limited number of midnight openings for this.

True, but this is the store that called and texted folks yesterday encouraging them to show up with trade-ins at 12:01a.m., and then for whatever reason had to lie to my face about their decision to not open at midnight (without informing any customers about the change).

Not a big deal really, just typical shady business from my local good ol' Gamestop.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
alr1ghtstart said:
yes! ty

The stuff is obviously on disc (gold guns). Both were 312kb.
Not surprising, especially with the Revenge Booster. It still astounds me how ugly those golden guns are. :lol

Greg

BobTheFork said:
least you are getting it. I think he who shall not be named isn't picking it up : (
I wanted co-op
:lol

Yeah, hopefully I'll have the cash - no way I can pass up an Uncharted game after how great the first was. I've been so broke... I think this will be my only purchase this year besides KZ2.

Replicant

FFFFFFUUUUUU

Someone in Europe already got their Limited Edition steelbox. Damn it, Australia, release this thing NOW!!!

117txft.jpg

Ten-Song

Woooo! I was bummed because I have like no spare cash, so I was ready to go Uncharted-less, but it seems I should be getting a copy tomorrow as a gift from a friend. FUCK YES!

blehh

Neo Member
i caved. i was planning on getting uncharted 2 through the Toys R Us deal but i got really bored today. one quick stop to my local indie game shop and twenty minutes later i have the game right here. now to go blow my mind for the next 6 hours or so.

This sucks, gamefly has already mailed my copy of U2 but there's also a gamestop that i could buy it from at midnight tonight. I'd be saving about $20 if i buy it from gamefly, but that would mean waiting til at least wednesday.. and im not sure if i'll be able to hold off until then to play it.
What to do.. what to do..

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Amazing game so far (Chap. 17)

It's a shame Cameraman was killed :<

By the way, I redeemed already Navarro's code, going to use him online after I finish the game :D

I can't play Uncharted 2 until Thursday morning, so I'm gunna play Uncharted 1 and Killzone 2 campaigns while I wait. I want to compare 2007 Naughty Dog and 2009 Guerrilla Games with 2009 Naughty Dog.:D

devilchicken said:
This sucks, gamefly has already mailed my copy of U2 but there's also a gamestop that i could buy it from at midnight tonight. I'd be saving about $20 if i buy it from gamefly, but that would mean waiting til at least wednesday.. and im not sure if i'll be able to hold off until then to play it.
What to do.. what to do..
Buy it!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Replicant said:
FFFFFFUUUUUU

Someone in Europe already got their Limited Edition steelbox. Damn it, Australia, release this thing NOW!!!

117txft.jpg

I love steelbook cases. Shame North America didn't get anything like that.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Kagari said:
I love steelbook cases. Shame North America didn't get anything like that.

Yea tell me about it. Why does Europe get special editions of Sony games? The only special edition we got was the Resistance 2 one, not even the Killzone 2 one.

ZROCOOL said:
I'm an idiot for not pre-ordering at GS. =|

I'm sure Sony will ship enough copies.

apparently I'm using the slowest video converter ever created. I really wanted some ATHF eps to watch while in line. Now I have to start a fight to pas time.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
neojubei said:
Yea tell me about it. Why does Europe get special editions of Sony games? The only special edition we got was the Resistance 2 one, not even the Killzone 2 one.

I'm sure Sony will ship enough copies.
I should have put: Because Hastings isn't doing a midnight release. :(

Ragge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom