• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Definity

I've been playing the game for a few days now and this thread will have a bright future ahead. You guys that are just starting out playing it will be blown the fuck away. There really is no equal out there IMO when it comes to the presentation qualities that ND has crafted into this game.

Some of the set pieces in the game are insane and I've already played a couple of them multiple times just for the hell of it.

ashism

Definity said:
I've been playing the game for a few days now and this thread will have a bright future ahead. You guys that are just starting out playing it will be blown the fuck away. There really is no equal out there IMO when it comes to the presentation qualities that ND has crafted into this game.

Some of the set pieces in the game are insane and I've already played a couple of them multiple times just for the hell of it.
I was going to post but this guy seemed to say everything I wanted to.
Now hurry up and let tuesday roll around so I can actually play retail MP!

I can't believe I am wrapping up both this and Brutal Legend by the time they both release.
What an amazing weekend.

as normal, my hate for gamestop creeps up. I haate getting game from gamestop, but its pretty much the only option for midnight releases. I dont trust maaaybe being able to get it from walmart. but now im in the same boat. I preordered at one store, and another one is having the midnight release, and they said theres no way i can transfer it without taking two trips to the store, one to transfer it, then come back at midnight. so i just gottta go get it, and get my five bucks at the other store tomorow.

Magnus

How did Brutal Legend turn out in comparison to UC2? :lol

I'm intrigued, but not enough yet to drop the addictive UC2 multiplayer. :)

ACE 1991

What complete bullshit. So my local Gamestop was listed on the website to host a 12am release. However, I also called them five hours ago just be sure. Sure enough, they told me that they would indeed be have a midnight release. I get there, freeze my nips off for 20 minutes, and the fucking store never opens.

okno

ACE 1991 said:
What complete bullshit. So my local Gamestop was listed on the website to host a 12am release. However, I also called them five hours ago just be sure. Sure enough, they told me that they would indeed be have a midnight release. I get there, freeze my nips off for 20 minutes, and the fucking store never opens.
I'm waiting in the parking lot outside nine right now and I'm a little worried that'll be the same case for me. I'm the only person here, but the lights are on in the store and the gate isn't closed... Guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.

Edit: walked in, paid off the rest of my deposit, coming back at midnight to pick it up. :D

ashism

Magnus said:
How did Brutal Legend turn out in comparison to UC2? :lol

I'm intrigued, but not enough yet to drop the addictive UC2 multiplayer. :)
Can't compare the 2. Honestly, if you like metal, tim schafer, or uncharted 1, you probably already made your choice at this time.

DevelopmentArrested said:
NEED ONE MORE for COOP. send me your PSN ID>
I will hop on.
PSN: Smashism

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
ACE 1991 said:

That sucks, I'm staying home and buying the game when the store opens today.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Wish I had someone to get the game for me in this cold night oh well. You guys are making me want to run out now and buy it.

Synless

Gold Member
I picked mine up :D I can't play it until tomorrow though because I have a paper to finish and seeing as it's already about 1am that leaves me no choice. :(

beast786

YES YES YES

DSC00932.jpg

Slaylock

I'm amazed to see all the guys earning Platinums before the game is even officially released. It will take me months to get there, if I ever do.

Slaylock said:
I'm amazed to see all the guys earning Platinums before the game is even officially released. It will take me months to get there, if I ever do.

Yeah I feel ya. Blows my mind, some of these guys are just good.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
TrAcEr_x90 said:
as normal, my hate for gamestop creeps up. I haate getting game from gamestop, but its pretty much the only option for midnight releases. I dont trust maaaybe being able to get it from walmart. but now im in the same boat. I preordered at one store, and another one is having the midnight release, and they said theres no way i can transfer it without taking two trips to the store, one to transfer it, then come back at midnight. so i just gottta go get it, and get my five bucks at the other store tomorow.

Walmart has always had big releases at midnight. Usually with no line.

slider

beast786 said:
Thanks Man. And trust me, it was a blast getting it. I love this game.

Heh, my mind is blown. I still haven't got a platinum for the first one. Can't wait to get my hands on this sucker.

Magnus

Slaylock said:

Overrated. Searching for treasures is boring shit.

Co-op UC2 online is super-addictive and awesome btw. I'm hooked on the Village map, haha.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So I've been stuck in the world of Demons Souls for 5 days or something and I've been totally ignoring this game and every other one. I just want quick impressions from fellow gaffers: How good is it? Good as U1?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Seiken said:
So I've been stuck in the world of Demons Souls for 5 days or something and I've been totally ignoring this game and every other one. I just want quick impressions from fellow gaffers: How good is it? Good as U1?

Way better.

scoobs

oh amazon, you're so funny. I live in Kansas and bought uncharted 2 off amazon for release day delivery. The game starts out in Coffeyville Kansas, then it is shipped to Tulsa Oklahoma yesterday, and now its in Kentucky, its getting further and further away from me!

So let me get this straight Amazon.. the quickest line between Coffeyville and Kansas City = coffeyville --> Tulsa Oklahoma --> Lousiville Kentucky --> kansas city. Sweet.

I'm putting down money that my game isn't here tomorrow like its supposed to be.

Seiken said:
Well if you thought U1 was good you'll find this better.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
scoobs said:
oh amazon, you're so funny. I live in Kansas and bought uncharted 2 off amazon for release day delivery. The game starts out in Coffeyville Kansas, then it is shipped to Tulsa Oklahoma yesterday, and now its in Kentucky, its getting further and further away from me!

So let me get this straight Amazon.. the quickest line between Coffeyville and Kansas City = coffeyville --> Tulsa Oklahoma --> Lousiville Kentucky --> kansas city. Sweet.

I'm putting down money that my game isn't here tomorrow like its supposed to be.
That's just the way the distribution system works for fedex/ups. Overnight packages are sent to the main hub and then to the destination. It'll be there tomorrow.
sturmdogg said:
Should I play Uncharted 1 first before playing Uncharted 2? Or does it not matter?
It doesn't really matter, but it'll fill you in on Nate's relationship with Elena and Sully. You also won't get some of the jokes he makes in Among Thieves if you haven't played Drake's Fortune.

Toki767

sturmdogg said:
Should I play Uncharted 1 first before playing Uncharted 2? Or does it not matter?
It doesn't really matter, but you'd definitely appreciate the interactions more if you played the first one. That and you'd appreciate how polished the game is now compared to the first.

GeeDuhb

scoobs said:

ROFL! I am getting worried as well...My ODST release date delivery failed me, as it didnt come until the day after...

My game shipped from Delaware this afternoon, then went to Philly...I am in California, btw, so I was like, WTF it is getting farther away! Just checked again, and now it just got to New Jersey! WTF?! I better get this thing tomorrow, or I WILL GO TO AMAZON AND I WILL CUT SOMEONE.

EDIT:

Just left NJ...This is looking good now!

GeeDuhb said:
ROFL! I am getting worried as well...My ODST release date delivery failed me, as it didnt come until the day after...

My game shipped from Delaware this afternoon, then went to Philly...I am in California, btw, so I was like, WTF it is getting farther away! Just checked again, and now it just got to New Jersey! WTF?! I better get this thing tomorrow, or I WILL GO TO AMAZON AND I WILL CUT SOMEONE.
but they don't have magazine racks

EDIT: At least they shipped your copy. Mine doesn't even say "Shipping Soon" yet. :(

GeeDuhb

polyh3dron said:
but they don't have magazine racks

This is true...Maybe I should go to India and lay the smackdown on their customer service, for me and everyone who hates to deal with outsourced support :lol

I'm very lucky to live about 2 blocks from a Fry's, so I'm picking it up tomorrow morning right before work. The hardest part will be working at my desk with my unopened copy of Uncharted 2 staring back at me. I'm also proud to say I convinced a friend to purchase the game tomorrow (he's the one who texted me about the Fry's deal!). That's not entirely accurate, it was the coop and multiplayer modes in the demo that convinced him, but I was the one that kept nagging him until he finally gave the Uncharted universe a chance. My coworker might be getting it too (not sure yet, he just bought a house has to watch how he spends). Can't freaking wait!!!

snakeiox

Neo Member
yes!!! finally is october 13!!! today its my birthday and i gonna get uncharted 2 as a gift from my girlfriend XD (im 23 now) my birthday, a nice dinner with my gf and uncharted 2, its an amazing birthday!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom