• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
DevelopmentArrested said:
Do you get cash and rank up in custom games?

Co-op yes

For deathmatch, I have no clue. I would like to say no since it would allow people to cheat their way up

The Chef

Well, I'm doin the 45 min drive to the closest Gamestop doin midnight launch, while listening to the Uncharted soundtrack. I haven't felt this hardcore since PS2 launched. :lol

I convinced two of my friends to buy this game :lol . None of them even knew what Uncharted was but starting two weeks ago I kept talking about the game, slowly mentioning game modes, graphics, characters etc. Tomorrow we are going to pick up our copies (not preordered, hope for the best!). You're welcome NG!
Question: How is the headset quality in MP/Coop? Is it borked like every EA game, or finicky? God I hope not.

snakeiox said:
yes!!! finally is october 13!!! today its my birthday and i gonna get uncharted 2 as a gift from my girlfriend XD (im 23 now) my birthday, a nice dinner with my gf and uncharted 2, its an amazing birthday!!!!!

what about birfday sex?

bone_and_sinew said:
Can't fucking wait to go to TRU in the morning. It's like being a kid all over again.

I know exactly what you mean. I was just thinking I have the same feeling I used to get on Christmas Eve when I was a young lad who was still capable of getting excited about things:lol

kenta

Has no PEINS
Quick question and sorry if this has been asked before (I've been on a blackout):

If I played and loved the original game on Hard, should I play this one on Hard also? Do the difficulty levels correlate the same way or is U2 harder in different ways than U1 was?

DMczaf said:
So what do Uncharted 1 trophies unlock in UC2?
I think its 100,000 moneys if you have finished the game and some other smaller ammount if you have just played it.

Quick question and sorry if this has been asked before (I've been on a blackout):

If I played and loved the original game on Hard, should I play this one on Hard also? Do the difficulty levels correlate the same way or is U2 harder in different ways than U1 was?

U2 is apparently easier ;)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
kenta said:

Hard. The consensus is Uncharted 2 is a bit easier.

meee

RenegadeASOT

I'll add you in like 5 minutes

This is so entertaining, people are so curious why I'm level 28 when the game has been 'out' for a hour :lol

I'm back and it's time to play. It was totally dead at the store. MAybe 30 people total and allot of them were getting Brutal legend. At least they didn't make people line up outside. I got my place in line and hit the bar until midnight. I had a really cute girl working there tell me I looked like Branden Frasier, and I guess I can't complain about that, though it was weird.

Flib

kenta said:

It's easier, mainly because there are less shooting sections (at this point, I'm only like halfway through).

Wario64 said:
Hard. The consensus is Uncharted 2 is a bit easier.

Would it be better to play on Normal than Crushing to get a great disparity? Or would you recommend Hard ->Crushing to have a longer first play through.

knitoe

So jealous of people getting to play this game already, but I'll take $15 savings from Amazon. Glad game is much better than first one and lives up to the hype. Can't wait until tomorrow for UPS guy.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Lion Heart said:
Would it be better to play on Normal than Crushing to get a great disparity? Or would you recommend Hard ->Crushing to have a longer first play through.
Don't you have to complete Hard to unlock Crushing? You would have to play it 3 times if you started on Normal...

h4k said:
Donut
Drake
, here I come!
Pretty high requirements to get it.

netguy503 said:
Does anyone know when the Pre-order codes go live? Thanks alot.
I believe they went live in the afternoon today.

2la30k5.jpg

The Chef said:
Well, I'm doin the 45 min drive to the closest Gamestop doin midnight launch, while listening to the Uncharted soundtrack. I haven't felt this hardcore since PS2 launched. :lol

you are fucking badass :lol

pj325is said:
30 people is dead? There were 5 at my gamestop including a mom who drove her son there..
This is a flagship Gamestop store in a major city, AND as I pointed out, lots of the people there were getting Brutal Legend. I was hoping far more would be there for Uncharted. So to answer the question, yes it was totally dead.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Lion Heart said:

Hard-Crushing if you want to die easily.

I'm having issues finding the bitches (since I'm deaf) while being pinged to hell on Hard, but I'll get through it slowly. Went up to chapter 2, quit that and did a quick versus (against a Naughty Dog level 1... bastard and his team was organized. :|) and a co-op (with a total stupid pubbie that had to keep dying instead of hanging back and letting the enemies come to us) on normal co-op objective.

Games a blast so far, but the stats page hasn't been wiped (PLZKEEPTHISND, I got a perfect in eliminator on that page! :mad:) yet, so it's displaying incorrectly right now. Stats page also has guns up now. Game tab isn't up yet, but it should be up this week (I wager).

Very fun game from the little I've played so far. Can't say if it's better/worse than Uncharted 1 but so far it's a blast like the first.

I also FUCKING LOVE THAT SINGLEPLAYER GIVES MONEY FOR CO-OP/MULTIPLAYER UNLOCKS and vice-versa. SO NICE. (Though I don't think the medal page on ND.com has a singleplayer medal page. STRIFE!)

Don't you have to complete Hard to unlock Crushing? You would have to play it 3 times if you started on Normal...

No. Hard is unlocked from the start.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Lion Heart said:

Just go for hard :)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Well...I'm a few chapters in and I have to say that I'm really disappointed
that I can't stay up all night playing this because this game is fucking incredible. Wow.

There were about a dozen people at my midnight launch, everyone else was there for the 360 version of Brutal Legend, aside from the Gamestop slaves I was the only person there who was getting Uncharted.

TheSeks

Also, if you have an Uncharted 1 save, you get an easy 100,000 bonus credits at the start. Good if you want the revenger perk of a huge reward (which is better than this CoD4 knockoff preorder bonus) bonus. You have to go into bonus->store->square for it to find your file. Dunno if this has been posted yet, but I just found out about it and figured I'd mention it.

Snuggler said:
There were about a dozen people at my midnight launch, everyone else was there for the 360 version of Brutal Legend, aside from the Gamestop slaves I was the only person there who was getting Uncharted.

There were three copies of Brutal Legend PS3 at mine. About six for the 360, but everyone else (about 23-25) was getting Uncharted 2. Pretty awesome playing it on the big screen (they hooked up my PS3 to it) and having people watch me fail on Hard. :lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
TheSeks said:
Also, if you have an Uncharted 1 save, you get an easy 100,000 bonus credits at the start. Good if you want the revenger perk of a huge reward (which is better than this CoD4 knockoff preorder bonus) bonus.

You can't buy it right away, you need to earn the rank first

Unless you mean the Gamestop bonus...you still have to buy it in game?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Come on, amazon super-saver shipping!

October 20, here i come!

TheSeks

Wario64 said:
You can't buy it right away, you need to earn the rank first

Unless you mean the Gamestop bonus...you still have to buy it in game?

The Gamestop bonus (which BTW, I have an extra copy of if anyone needs it. I may post it in the "free to a good home" code giveaway thread) is just a PSN redeem unlock code. It unlocks it in the store from the get-go, but you still need to buy it. Kinda stupid.

And thinking about it, unless you make $30K in your first match, you're short by $30K even with the Uncharted 1 save bonus cash. So... :lol

Also, I forget if this was done for the bonus features on the Uncharted 1 disc, but the behind the scene movies are SUBTITLED THANK YOU, NAUGHTY GOD!

ashism

yeah no problem man me too.
Good games dude. I kept getting reamed at the end there.
I love how we both died under that bridge trying to make what seemed like a jump.
Bunch of freaking lemmings.

I really love the co op missions. They don't add much to the story, but they have new voice acting sequences and stuff, which really add to the characters.

TheSeks

web01 said:
Is there a full list of mutiplayer perks and what they do?

In the game store, yes. Online? I don't think there is, but look around.

There's some "honor" ones which put you at a disadvantage but give you a medal/cash bonus if you use them under certain conditions. A pretty neat idea by Naughty Dog.

GeeDuhb

TheSeks said:
The Gamestop bonus (which BTW, I have an extra copy of if anyone needs it. I may post it in the "free to a good home" code giveaway thread) is just a PSN redeem unlock code. It unlocks it in the store from the get-go, but you still need to buy it. Kinda stupid.

And thinking about it, unless you make $30K in your first match, you're short by $30K even with the Uncharted 1 save bonus cash. So... :lol

Also, I forget if this was done for the bonus features on the Uncharted 1 disc, but the behind the scene movies are SUBTITLED THANK YOU, NAUGHTY GOD!

I would LOVE it, if you are still willing to give it away! I have it coming from Amazon...I wanted to get it from GS for the Bonus, but I didn't have enough cash, and I had some amazon credit that I used to buy the game.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
TheSeks said:
No. Hard is unlocked from the start.

I believe he was saying that in order to unlock Crushing you have to complete the game on Hard (which is how it worked in U1, and I would guess also U2), not that Hard isn't unlocked from the start. Therefore, if you start playing it on Normal, you'd have to play it three times to beat it on Crushing.

I believe I will play the game on Hard the first time through. I've platinum'ed U1, and even though Crushing was a bitch I shouldn't have too much trouble with Hard in U2 (especially if it's easier than the first game).

web01

TheSeks said:
In the game store, yes. Online? I don't think there is, but look around.

There's some "honor" ones which put you at a disadvantage but give you a medal/cash bonus if you use them under certain conditions. A pretty neat idea by Naughty Dog.

Yeah had a look around couldnt find anything thats why I asked here.

Those honor perks do sound interesting though.

Magnus

Motherfucking co-op is motherfucking awesome!

A friend and I tried 2-manning all three maps on Normal and had our asses handed to us by the end of each. I was hoping they'd be toned down a bit since we only had two, but it looks like we got the full complement of enemies to deal with as if we had three on our time. Tough games! :lol

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I never got a email from bestbuy for golden guns :/ Oh well time to get tomorrow.

Jimmy Fallon mentioned Uncharted 2 tonight, he liked it...and holy crap this show sucks lol

Seven more hours, seven more hours, seven more hours...

So pissed we didn't get midnight hours for this game. And I close tonight, so I'll only be able to play a couple hours before work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom