• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aladuf

Banned
Just got done playing for a few hours since I got back from a midnight launch and the campaign is just so good. The only reason I quit playing for now is because it's 4 am and I'm tired as shit, the game is so good I just wanted to keep going, though. One thing I really love about it too is the humor stuck in everywhere, I've been cracking up quite a few times so far. Can't wait to dive into this some more tomorrow.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I finally put the game down halfway through the train level. This game has without a doubt the best graphics I've seen on a console.

First game since Mario64 that I keep looking at the whole environment. Beautiful looking game. I like that fact that I'm doing a little more platforming, compared to the first title. There was this one part that stood out to me
Is when you light up the blue rock inside the cave with skeletons and you find the knife. The Blue flame looked very lovely on the Panasonic V10. The Deep blacks with the Blue flame was very well done
Anyway, I'm of to bed know, got a exam in the mourning.

Ydahs

For anyone who has played the single-player, are you finding the aiming more difficult? I found it extremely hard to aim properly in the beta but I could headshot with ease in the first game. I know it's different though even in co-op against the computer I still struggled with aiming...

Mutagenic said:
I finally put the game down halfway through the train level. This game has without a doubt the best graphics I've seen on a console.
Much better than the beta? I've asked the question before, but now that more people have the game on their hands I can get better answers.

Uncharted blew me away in terms of graphics (maybe because it was the first realistic PS3 game I've played...). The beta, although it was nice, only impressed me for a moment. I guess the variance in environments will really blow me away though, coupled up with some intense scenes (like that train section).

Your answer better be a negative one to make the wait easier :(

deepbrown

Well I'm going to order it from HMV online...SCEE aint sending my copy anytime soon. Wonder if it'll be the same price in store...and that my online ordered copy will get here later than Friday...

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Ydahs said:
Uncharted blew me away in terms of graphics (maybe because it was the first realistic PS3 game I've played...). The beta, although it was nice, only impressed me for a moment. I guess the variance in environments will really blow me away though, coupled up with some intense scenes (like that train section).

The graphics were turned down a bit for the multiplayer, they still look great, but they're nothing compared to what you'll see in single player. Don't worry, it's probably the best looking console game, no hyperbole. Killzone is the only game that's close to it. I'm only on chapter 6 but there have already been several times that I just stood and stared at my surroundings.

I just played the village co-op mission, and it's pretty damn hard even on the lower difficulty levels. I did it with just one other guy, we ended up losing after
killing the tanks when the heli attacks
. I had 122 kills, what a waste.

Who else is playing on normal difficulty? I pity thee.
wink.gif

I've noticed that in a lot of recent games, normal has become the new easy.
wink.gif

Since I won't have time to replay the game, I like dying and repeating some sections, even though sometimes I have to die intentionally.
wink.gif

I'm barely good at any game, but I seriously wanted to paly on Crushing from the get go.
tongue.gif

deepbrown

SCRAP THAT!

I just got a hard back book through the post full of art cards covered in old english style writing...lots of art work - 3D artwork!

And at the back of the book is UNCHARTED 2 DISC :D :D :D :D :D

I'll take a picture

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
deepbrown said:
SCRAP THAT!

I just got a hard back book through the post full of art cards covered in old english style writing...lots of art work - 3D artwork!

And at the back of the book is UNCHARTED 2 DISC :D :D :D :D :D

I'll take a picture

What hardback book?

LaneDS

Ydahs said:
For anyone who has played the single-player, are you finding the aiming more difficult? I found it extremely hard to aim properly in the beta but I could headshot with ease in the first game. I know it's different though even in co-op against the computer I still struggled with aiming...

Much better than the beta? I've asked the question before, but now that more people have the game on their hands I can get better answers.

Yes, the game looks much better in single player than in multiplayer. Played through all three co-op maps with some friends when I got home, then did the first three chapters of single player... it definitely looks a lot better. Gorgeous game.

Ydahs said:

ofcourse better than the beta. the beta isn't even on uncharted 1 level...
it's great for online, but the single player is better without a doubt

deepbrown

neojubei said:
What hardback book?
One I haven't seen anywhere- not even in that special edition one they are giving away.

The 3D pictures look really cool...but they've only included a red piece of acetate and not the green piece. So I can't see them :(

It was all wrapped in eastern material with a red bow :D :D :D

For some reason my Amazon order was shipped through FedEx, in the years I have used Amazon they have never used FedEx for my orders. Does anyone know if Amazon's FedEx shipping would require a signature?

I wish they used UPS because UPS consistently delivers to me around 11AM. FedEx on the other hand, can be very unpredictable. Today FedEx dropped off a package to my house at 7PM. I don't have work tomorrow, so I hope it comes early!!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Oh man, I'm so getting the game when I get out of work today! Anyone else think that Target or Best Buy may have it available tomorrow? There's been times where I've gone on the day the game comes out, but they won't sell it until the following day.

neojubei

deepbrown said:
One I haven't seen anywhere- not even in that special edition one they are giving away.

The 3D pictures look really cool...but they've only included a red piece of acetate and not the green piece. So I can't see them :(

It was all wrapped in eastern material with a red bow :D :D :D

Pics please.

deepbrown

McBacon said:
Deepbrown

You have made my fucking morning

Now if only my postman WOULD HURRY THE FUCK UP
Took its time didn't it. But worth it :D

Now really...why did they only include red acetate...how do I see those 3D pics!?

Oh, I think I just put it over one eye...still think it would be even better with the green.

deepbrown said:
Now really...why did they only include red acetate...how do I see those 3D pics!?

I don't think they're 3D, put the plastic on top and a, slightly, different picture emerges from the red/green mess.

KAOz

Short bus special
McBacon said:
Sony does the best press packs in the world.

and now I have ones for both Uncharted 1 and 2!

:( I hate you.

Not really. But I am fucking jealous. I'm stuck with a silly Collectors Edition and you get all that awesome-sauce. :,(

Lince

Banned
KAOz said:
By the way, has there been any user-submitted photos of the European Collectors Edition yet?

bad quality, Spanish CE

thump_3370165imagen623.jpg

thump_3370169imagen624.jpg

thanks God it has a sleeve like DMC4/KZ2 with all the logos and stuff so the steelbox looks awesome without it, like a "treasure".

Replicant

KAOz said:
By the way, has there been any user-submitted photos of the European Collectors Edition yet?

Quoting myself below. Found the pic from blu-ray.com forum. I'd post my own pic once I get my own Collector's Edition this Thursday.

Replicant said:
FFFFFFUUUUUU

Someone in Europe already got their Limited Edition steelbox. Damn it, Australia, release this thing NOW!!!

117txft.jpg

OMG @ pic above me from Lince. I am so tempted to buy two copies now.

neojubei

Lince said:
bad quality, Spanish CE

thanks God it has a sleeve like DMC4/KZ2 with all the logos and stuff so the steelbox looks awesome without it, like a "treasure".

WTH!! Oh man SCEA hates American gamers confirmed.

El-Suave

Got sent a US copy today from a German import sore today!
I couldn't wait for the UK CE which I'll be getting for cheap as well. Game.co.uk is slow and I didn't want to have to wait another week.

Psykotik

anybody having this issue where the game practically freezes at loading screens whenever you press the HOME button to access the XMB?

the XMB doesn't load up, the loading goes on forever, the music starts skipping, and you either have to hold down the HOME button until the quit game/turn off system menus comes up, and when you try to do either, the PS3 just freezes as it's trying to shut down/quit game and you have to do a hard reset?

i've had this happen to me at least 3 times now in the nepal level.

not sure if this is an isolated case but i wouldn't recommend checking the XMB while the game is loading.

KAOz

Short bus special
Lince said:
bad quality, Spanish CE

YAAAAAAY! Exact same one as me.

Question though, does the PSN-voucher-code work for you? It just says that code is invalid and stuff for me. :(

Lince

Banned
Psykotik said:
not sure if this is an isolated case but i wouldn't recommend checking the XMB while the game is loading.

since firmware 3.00 / 3.01 checking the XMB or entering a chat room while a game is loading is very buggy...

Lince

Banned
KAOz said:
does the PSN-voucher-code work for you? It just says that code is invalid and stuff for me. :(

wait until Thursday, the official launch date is the 15th, but I guess you will be able to redeem the codes (theme & golden weapons) no problem tomorrow afternoon.

God, I feel like I glanced away from the clock to play just a bit more and suddenly it was 5 AM and I had to get up in an hour and a half. WHAT a GAME.

ACE 1991

Bah... I'll most certainly be picking this up after school today. To those who finished it: What are the difficulty settings like? I can't decide if I want to play through the game on hard or normal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom