• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lince

Banned
anecdotal evidence of U2 fulfilling PS3 fans expectations... a college mate just texted me "I just got U2 I'm a couple hours into it and this is what happens when developers control the hardware and aren't constrained by it, freedom to design and amuse, PS3 for life"

I simply replied him "Trey for life"

Pachimari

I'm at chapter 6 right now I think. Some stunning moments and some errors. Having encountered enemies getting stuck but even worse, myself getting stuck in the level design so I had to let me die to load the last checkpoint. Though, a great game as of yet. =)

Ydahs

Snuggler said:
The graphics were turned down a bit for the multiplayer, they still look great, but they're nothing compared to what you'll see in single player. Don't worry, it's probably the best looking console game, no hyperbole. Killzone is the only game that's close to it. I'm only on chapter 6 but there have already been several times that I just stood and stared at my surroundings.

I just played the village co-op mission, and it's pretty damn hard even on the lower difficulty levels. I did it with just one other guy, we ended up losing after
killing the tanks when the heli attacks
. I had 122 kills, what a waste.
LaneDS said:
Yes, the game looks much better in single player than in multiplayer. Played through all three co-op maps with some friends when I got home, then did the first three chapters of single player... it definitely looks a lot better. Gorgeous game.
Always-honest said:
ofcourse better than the beta. the beta isn't even on uncharted 1 level...
it's great for online, but the single player is better without a doubt

Thanks for the replies. Can anyone answer the question concerning the aiming? Just want to make sure.

For anyone who has played the single-player, are you finding the aiming more difficult? I found it extremely hard to aim properly in the beta but I could headshot with ease in the first game. I know it's different though even in co-op against the computer I still struggled with aiming...
Do the mechanics feel different to you guys or is it just me?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
so I played through to Chapter 20 something

whoa, dude, whoa

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
ACE 1991 said:
Bah... I'll most certainly be picking this up after school today. To those who finished it: What are the difficulty settings like? I can't decide if I want to play through the game on hard or normal...
play on Hard. I'm up to Chapter 20ish and if you've beaten UC on Hard before, UC2 is a breeze on Hard(although the game is getting a fair bit more hard toward the end).

edit: hard hard hard

hard

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Lince said:
anecdotal evidence of U2 fulfilling PS3 fans expectations... a college mate just texted me "I just got U2 I'm a couple hours into it and this is what happens when developers control the hardware and aren't constrained by it, freedom to design and amuse, PS3 for life"

This is the lamest thing I've ever read.

Uncharted 2 is just... wow.

Lince

Banned
McBacon said:
This is the lamest thing I've ever read.

Uncharted 2 is just... wow.

I know, I love Sony and all but not to that extreme :lol
but I guess he had a point with the developers controlling the hardware thing.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
in normal person speak: UC2 is what happens when a well-organised dev with a clear creative vision doesn't have to waste time "inventing a new camera"

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
If you beat the game on normal, do you unlock Crushing? I seem to recall that you had to beat hard to unlock the final difficulty in the original, but I'm hoping they changed that now. I'm planning on going normal > crushing if this is the case.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
marc^o^ said:
A+ on Gaming-age.com: http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/reviews/review.pl?sys=ps3&game=uncharted2

They call it a perfect game.

EDIT: Another perfect score: http://ps3.*****.com/article.php?artid=11051

About the uncompressed PCM 7.1 audio, do you notice a difference with the demo (which was already awesome in DTS)?

Why would you notice a difference...? Sending PCM to your receiver just means that the PS3 "unpacks" the DTS stream before sending it, while sending DTS means that it sends it as it is and lets your receiver do the "unpacking". So they are really equally compressed, it's just that the decompressing happens at different points. Most people shouldn't notice any audible quality difference.

(Unless I'm completely mistaken, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.)

There is no possible way that the Uncharted movie will be better written, better acted, better scored, or better looking than either game has been and that makes me sad. I literally want to walk out of my job and go home and finish this game.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Darunia said:
If you beat the game on normal, do you unlock Crushing? I seem to recall that you had to beat hard to unlock the final difficulty in the original, but I'm hoping they changed that now. I'm planning on going normal > crushing if this is the case.

I'd like to know this as well.

God dammit, I woke up to this email from Amazon:

Amazon said:
Hello from Amazon.com.

We wanted to let you know that there is an unexpected delay with your video game order (Order# 102-7789767-3087433) you placed on October 01 2009. Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the product(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when they may be delivered:

"Uncharted 2: Among Thieves"
Estimated arrival date: October 13 2009

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

Delayed until today? And still "Not Yet Shipped?"

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Dever

Banned
Rez said:
play on Hard. I'm up to Chapter 20ish and if you've beaten UC on Hard before, UC2 is a breeze on Hard(although the game is getting a fair bit more hard toward the end).

edit: hard hard hard

hard

Good to know, I was wondering about this as well. Tomorrow! :D

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
polyh3dron said:
God dammit, I woke up to this email from Amazon:

Delayed until today? And still "Not Yet Shipped?"

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE
What da hell? my amazon order is out for delivery. When did you preorder? I only preordered last week.

Forsete

Discshop sent my Uncharted 2 - Among Thieves - Collectors Edition today. :D

Edit: What is the contect of the CE anyway? Tin box with a few post cards or what? Forgot to check. :(

Oh found it.
Collectors edition innehåller:
- Spelskivan Uncharted 2 - Among Thieves
- DLC gold weaponds
- X2 multiplayer skins
- XMB theme

Meh

Dizzle24

I picked this up yesterday after work, and holy fucking shit balls the game is so awesome.

I played up to chapter 5 and had to turn it off because my face started melting from the awesome. :lol

First chapter I kept saying "holy shit" "holy shit" at the snow, the climbing up the hanging train...then in Chapter 4, when you drop down into the ruins and Nate uses the blue torch, I said "holy shit" out loud again

If this was the last game I would ever play before I died, I would be a happy man. :D

Goldrusher

Question.

I read something about big battles have checkpoints now, like between waves of enemies.
Does Hard have that too ? Or does that only apply to the sub-Normal difficulties ?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Goldrusher said:
Question.

I read something about big battles have checkpoints now, like between waves of enemies.
Does Hard have that too ? Or does that only apply to the sub-Normal difficulties ?
yes, but it tapers off toward the end of the game (I'd imagine on all difficulties).

you know how they said they got rid of arena battles with waves of enemies? not quite, there's one toward the end of the game, and there ain't no checkpoints D=

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Goldrusher said:
You need to finish the game on Hard to unlock Crushing.

That's too bad. I was planning on doing a normal playthrough to get the 'cinematic' experience, then going straight to crushing for the challenge.

Now the choice is a bit tougher. I want to finish the game in one weekend, so I'm not sure hard's the best difficulty to start on...

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
uncharted2_press_01.jpg

uncharted2_press_02.jpg

uncharted2_press_03.jpg

uncharted2_press_04.jpg

uncharted2_press_05.jpg

Guess the Press Pack!

Doc Evils

Lince said:

trey fo life mang.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I just realised I'm going to be away from Thurs to Mon. Which means no PS3. Which means no UC2 til next week :(

On the upside, I'll be able to pick it up in the UK for less than I would here.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
nooooo, the game froze :(

hopefully it auto-saved, I finally bet that arena and was running around searching for treasures

wRATH2x

Banned
Well I just beat the game, and holy shit this is my game of the year. The thing is I was neither interested or even excited for it. didn't check any videos and just peaked at a couple of screens. What an awesome surprise this turned out to be.

Nathan Drake is one of my favorite game characters ever now. I can not wait till Uncharted 3 is out.

All this and I didn't care about Drake's Fortune much.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I've apparently spent an hour and a half of my time with the game (seven hours) in cover. :lol

holy shit, 390 manual reloads and 115 deaths/restarts

Drake has massacred 784 poor souls throughout the adventure so far (chapter 23).

I love this sort of shit, I wish more games had it.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
nib95 said:
Does it use a special DNS only style multiplayer (ala KZ2 press kit), or the same servers as Retail?

Dunno yet dude, working my way through singleplayer before heading online. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom