• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nib95

Banned
McBacon said:
Dunno yet dude, working my way through singleplayer before heading online. ;)

Cool. Keep us posted. If it is the set DNS route, Sony probably will have emailed you some instructions.

randomwab

I feel really gross at the minute because I keep getting pissed at all the Uncharted 2 love'cause I loved Uncharted from way before the first game was released. Now everyone loves it and I keep feeling like "You guys are all scrubs jumping on the bandwagon".

GAF and the internet are killing my Uncharted 2 hype. It's not mine anymore. :(

hulot

Amazing so far, maybe on chapter 16 or so and had to force myself to stop. Every level had something absolutely breathtaking and the way ND colors makes everything pop. Most importantly they've fixed my biggest issue with the first game, auto-platforming; I felt it rather tame then, especially viewed as a platformer. U2 ditches any platforming aspirations (which held back the first game) and makes every climb a Hollywood blockbuster experience where it isn't about pixelperfect jumps but rather wholly embraces flair and visual candy.

Darunia said:
Now the choice is a bit tougher. I want to finish the game in one weekend, so I'm not sure hard's the best difficulty to start on...
Hard is pretty easy this time.

nib95

Banned
Wax Free Vanilla said:
3 days to go.

hopefully there's a price war between the supermarkets like fifa 2010 so I can pick the game up for 25£ :D

Is Fifa still going for £25? 360 or PS3? Was thinking of picking up the PS3 version for my bro in law as a gift.

randomwab said:
I feel really gross at the minute because I keep getting pissed at all the Uncharted 2 love'cause I loved Uncharted from way before the first game was released. Now everyone loves it and I keep feeling like "You guys are all scrubs jumping on the bandwagon".

there's a misanthropic post if I've ever seen one. 'pissed at the UC2 love'?? you liked Uncharted's early stuff before it got too commercial. Let me guess you don't want to like the game now that other people like it?

My copy is out for delivery!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
RoadHazard said:
Why would you notice a difference...? Sending PCM to your receiver just means that the PS3 "unpacks" the DTS stream before sending it, while sending DTS means that it sends it as it is and lets your receiver do the "unpacking". So they are really equally compressed, it's just that the decompressing happens at different points. Most people shouldn't notice any audible quality difference.

(Unless I'm completely mistaken, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.)

I don't think that's right

hulot

randomwab said:

What does this even mean? 'I knew about Miley Cyrus when she was famous, but now she's even more famous so she's not mine anymore'? This isn't some obscure indie thing here.

Dizzle24

randomwab said:

It was never yours.
It was mine from the start. :p

MoeB

randomwab said:

1064.jpg

randomwab

Dizzle24 said:
It was never yours.
It was mine from the start. :p

I'll fight you for it!

Don't get me wrong, I still have my preorder and am so pumped for Friday (UK Release) but it feels to me like everyone is acting like "HEY THIS UNCHARTED 2 GAME IS GONNA BE SO AWESOME NAUGHTY DOG REALLY HIT IT OUT OF THE PARK" and I'm like "Uncharted 1 hit it out of the park, this isn't new, why is this the "it" game all of a sudden?".

But then again, I am an elitest asshole. High five for dickery!

randomwab said:
I'll fight you for it!

Don't get me wrong, I still have my preorder and am so pumped for Friday (UK Release) but it feels to me like everyone is acting like "HEY THIS UNCHARTED 2 GAME IS GONNA BE SO AWESOME NAUGHTY DOG REALLY HIT IT OUT OF THE PARK" and I'm like "Uncharted 1 hit it out of the park, this isn't new, why is this the "it" game all of a sudden?".

Wasn't the first Uncharted a multimillion selling game? There was just as much GAF hype for the first game. I don't think it was nearly as underground as you seem to think it was.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
yeah really, everyone here slept on Uncharted 1... why didn't we listen to randomwab?!

noah111

Still Alive
hulot said:
What does this even mean? 'I knew about Miley Cyrus when she was famous, but now she's even more famous so she's not mine anymore'? This isn't some obscure indie thing here.
:lol :lol :lol Wtf indeed.

PS. I saw the very first episode of her show when nobody knew who she was, hated her bad acting ass even then.

deepbrown

Felix Lighter said:
Wasn't the first Uncharted a multimillion selling game? There was just as much GAF hype for the first game. I don't think it was nearly as underground as you seem to think it was.
It reached 2.6 million copies thanks to word of mouth from people like us! High five!

lol

randomwab

Felix Lighter said:

I stand completely corrected then. I just never hear it mentioned much by Trey owners or people who play games, and it's always the first game I tell people to buy if they mention a PS3.

Don't hurt me GAF. ;_;

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
10/13/2009 7:33 A.M. A FLIGHT DELAY OCCURRED BECAUSE OF MECHANICAL REASONS

unfuckingbelievable. This shit happened last time with KZ2. :(

Yoboman

BattleMonkey said:
Well it was also bundled in both the US and EU.
It did stick on the charts and reappear quite a few times. I think it had good word of mouth

Hopefully all those people are ready to pick up the sequel!!

neoism

Guys I don't have enough gaffer on my FL, add me please ne0ism-

I'm dieing here I have to wait til 3, god I hope the mail does fuck me!.. :(

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Goldrusher said:
U1 thread: 164 pages the day before release
U2 thread: 128 pages the day before release
Yeah, but now there's a multiplayer demo thread too, and multiplayer beta thread before it ;) There really seemed like there was a small circle of people at GAF being hyped about the first game (who probably contributed to bulk of those posts), and now it's all over the internet.

randomwab said:
I feel really gross at the minute because I keep getting pissed at all the Uncharted 2 love'cause I loved Uncharted from way before the first game was released. Now everyone loves it and I keep feeling like "You guys are all scrubs jumping on the bandwagon"
I'm like you, except I couldn't be happier about it.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Will pick it up at lunch. But I am out of town for over a week in Hawaii. I know I should not complain but damn it!

Been playing for the last 7 hours, approximately 3 of which involved my room mates going batshit over how engrossing the game is.

Fuck, this thing is brain-meltingly good. So many awesome moments that I'm running out of room to comprehend them all. And I haven't even touched any of MP or co-op yet.

Oh, and it's funny!

crispyben

Can you play co-op with only two people? Do you need a third person, or can a bot fill in? What happens if the third person drops out mid-game? Thanks.

Dizzle24

randomwab said:
I'll fight you for it!

Well, this is the UNCHARTED 2 thread, afterall. :D

I've replayed Uncharted 1 about 7 times since it's launch. It's one of my all time favorite games.

So where do you want to meet up for this fight?...

Yoboman

Goldrusher said:
U1 thread: 164 pages the day before release
U2 thread: 128 pages the day before release
I don't think Official threads had to be made the same week back then. And that thread included the demo discussion IIRC

Oh and loads more bitching about scores in the ~8 region

randomwab

Dizzle24 said:
Well, this is the UNCHARTED 2 thread, afterall. :D

I've replayed Uncharted 1 about 7 times since it's launch. It's one of my all time favorite games.

So where do you want to meet up for this fight?...

Yeah, I've played U1 about as many times.

I guess we gotta duke it out in U2 multi. :lol

Lyonaz

Finished the game today, total time 10 hours 28 min, had my PS3 idle for an hour I think during play once.

But seriously this game is AMAZING!! So gooooood.:D

Yoboman

I have one questions for those playing it... Remember how everyone was so blown away by this game at E3? Does the full game blow you away like that did?

neoism

L0st Id3ntity said:
Who else is playing on normal difficulty? I pity thee.
wink.gif

I've noticed that in a lot of recent games, normal has become the new easy.
wink.gif

Since I won't have time to replay the game, I like dying and repeating some sections, even though sometimes I have to die intentionally.
wink.gif

I'm barely good at any game, but I seriously wanted to paly on Crushing from the get go.
tongue.gif
I want to play on hard too, but I also would rather enjoy the game first time through, with me being pissed as little ass possible! So normal it is!

ezekial45

Banned
Yoboman said:
I have one questions for those playing it... Remember how everyone was so blown away by this game at E3? Does the full game blow you away like that did?
In more ways than one. That collapsing building, while still amazing in the full game, is only the tip of the iceberg.

Dizzle24

Yoboman said:

Blew my face right off from the first chapter. My face melted a bit so I had to stop playing last night or I would probably have fallen into some sort of catatonic state because my brain couldn't handle the awesome.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
RoadHazard said:
Why would you notice a difference...? Sending PCM to your receiver just means that the PS3 "unpacks" the DTS stream before sending it, while sending DTS means that it sends it as it is and lets your receiver do the "unpacking". So they are really equally compressed, it's just that the decompressing happens at different points. Most people shouldn't notice any audible quality difference.

(Unless I'm completely mistaken, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.)
A DTS stream can be compressed. The question is to know if the demo offered compressed audio, or if it was uncompressed like the retail version.

neoism

McBacon said:
Deepbrown

You have made my fucking morning

Now if only my postman WOULD HURRY THE FUCK UP
Does anyone think the holiday would make them double time it seeing as how they would have today's and Monday deliveries to do!?? I hope it comes 12 or 1pm today... I should have played it safe and just went to Walmart last night. But getting it for 36 bucks is worth waiting a few more hours I guess.

I am too lazy to go through the thread to look for an answer to my question. Too the people that have the game, can you confirm Boss battles? and not just 1 or 2 boss.

I love my boss battles :D

-x.Red.x-

I just got UC2 and loving it so far
The Spanish Audio is AWESOME for some reason
I played it in Spanish on UC1 and felt it needed a bit help and now it looks like they put in an extra effort.

Now I know why reviewers said about that "movie" feel, UC2 really feels like a movie

good job ND
:D
A+ already

Ploid 3.0

neoism said:
Does anyone think the holiday would make them double time it seeing as how they would have today's and Monday deliveries to do!?? I hope it comes 12 or 1pm today... I should have played it safe and just went to Walmart last night. But getting it for 36 bucks is worth waiting a few more hours I guess.

No, no guess in it. Just pretend that the game is releasing on the 14th instead. It beats waiting months for the game to drop to that price.

It's all anticipation now, the closer you think you should have it the more you are thinking about it. Being in this thread isn't helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom