• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psykotik

CrayzeeCarl said:
Just a shot in the dark, have you upgraded to FW 3.01? It's optional and does not prompt you to upgrade. You have to actually check for a System Update.

yup, i'm on the latest firmware and everything. even tried deleting the save file from the beta to see if that was causing any problems. still getting the freezes and the skipping music.

the disc looks fine, no scratches or smudges or anything. gonna try loading it up again to see if it freezes. i'm at the beginning of the train wreck chapter.

Lince

Banned
Psykotik said:
the disc looks fine, no scratches or smudges or anything. gonna try loading it up again to see if it freezes. i'm at the beginning of the train wreck chapter.

can you try it on another PS3? kinda weird a new PS3 Slim and the allegedly most polished PS3 game acting this way.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Anyone want to join us (me and Killthee) for hard co-op? It's really hard. We need a 3rd person

Edit: full now

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
b522b45c.jpg
43cc0cd0.jpg

:D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Sorry if already asked but what's the difference between Ranked and the other playlists types? I see there is a different rank number showing up near the usual one but the one being tracked on the website is the latter rather than the former. Why should I be bored to play Ranked?

Zzoram

In Chapter 2, while jumping around, all the textures in the game disappeared for a few seconds. It was just Drake floating in the air stuck in the mid-jump animation with nothing but a pale blue background for a few seconds. It fixed itself though, so nothing game breaking.

Graphics do look improved over the original. Not a huge leap forward in-game, but the cutscenes seem quite a bit better. Chloe needs to lay off the black eye shadow.

I liked the tutorial Chapter 1 in this game better than in Chapter 1 of the previous game. It was nice for him to climb slowly.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
ElyrionX said:
Played the opening sequence and watched the opening movie. Chloe looks like some strange plastic doll transplanted into the game.
I have seen one cutscene in trailer where she seemed like she was completely wet, so yeah she looked like that there - but on a screen that I've seen later, she looked perfectly normal, like you'd expect compared to other characters, same skin shader, etc:

uncharted-2-among-thieves-20090918014148837.jpg

I just think she's supposed to be a bit more emotionless character compared to the rest too.

neojubei said:
Just few more minutes for me :D Something Wonderful is About to Happy! (Then I have to wait hours until the work day is over still...)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
deepbrown said:
Cutscenes are 1080p....so I guess, have your PS3 set to 1080p and the game will decide the rest.
I thought the game defaults to 720p. So does it switch to 1080p when the cutscene begins? That's bad my TV always displays that info message when that happens.

Pachimari

There's something unnatural about Chloe's face and especially the glassy eyes.

I'm at Chapter 14 now I think. Pretty cool but I have a hard time getting excited, as I have seen most of the scenarios before playing the game. So I have a total blackout for an eventual Uncharted 3.

Anastacio said:
There's something unnatural about Chloe's face and especially the glassy eyes.

I'm at Chapter 14 now I think. Pretty cool but I have a hard time getting excited, as I have seen most of the scenarios before playing the game. So I have a total blackout for an eventual Uncharted 3.

Other then the beta and a couple E3 vids, I haven't seen a damn thing. So stoked.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
GeeDuhb said:
I would LOVE it, if you are still willing to give it away! I have it coming from Amazon...I wanted to get it from GS for the Bonus, but I didn't have enough cash, and I had some amazon credit that I used to buy the game.

I'll send it later if you still need it, just PM me for it.

daycru

How do I kill this guy? When I hit square, he notices me. It looks like I'm supposed to hang off the edge and stealth kill but when I jump he spots me.

Photoon2009-10-13at1216.jpg

daycru said:
How do I kill this guy? When I hit square, he notices me. It looks like I'm supposed to hang off the edge and stealth kill but when I jump he spots me.

Jump REALLY QUIETLY. But yeah that's one thing that I think could have been revised in playtesting. The rest of the kills in the room are just fine, if it makes you feel any better.

Rikyfree

daycru said:

When I do it, he doesn't spot me, you don't jump over the edge, just hang and press square, works every time for me.

Jim

daycru said:

Never had any problem with that guy, and I've played that room a half dozen times.
Get close, line up with the guy, push toward the rail and jump, Drake will grab/hang and you can stealth him.

Piggus

Lord Error said:
I have seen one cutscene in trailer where she seemed like she was completely wet, so yeah she looked like that there - but on a screen that I've seen later, she looked perfectly normal, like you'd expect compared to other characters, same skin shader, etc:

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/102/1026373/uncharted-2-among-thieves-20090918014148837.jpg[img]

I just think she's supposed to be a bit more emotionless character compared to the rest too.

Just few more minutes for me :D Something Wonderful is About to Happy! (Then I have to wait hours until the work day is over still...)[/QUOTE]

I dunno man, she looks pretty wet in that screen too.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/piggus/trollface.jpg

JudgeN

So did they add more options playlist to the multiplayer? If not they need to get on that shit.

FIX THAT SHIT NAUGHTY GODS :lol

Going to pick up my copy now to bad I still have 5 more hours of work.

Flib

daycru said:

Different strategy from some of the others:
If you go around to the other side, and take the left side guy out, your buddy will kill the one in the picture

Violater

daycru said:
Oh come the fuck on. There's a scene where a guy leans against a wall, the game is now ruined.

Thanks badcrumble.

Many of us have been avoiding any SP screens or info, there has been plenty of discussion about the campaign in the thread done with due care.
Swearing at me wont make me change my mind.

Violater said:
Many of us have been avoiding any SP screens or info, there has been plenty of discussion about the campaign in the thread done with due care.

The game is officially out. if you were in a blackout until you can play it, avoid the thread? i'm not condoning spoilers but they're gonna happen now.

DMeisterJ

Banned
daycru said:
Oh come the fuck on. There's a scene where a guy leans against a wall, the game is now ruined.

Thanks badcrumble.

So true. For people worried about spoilers, they should not click on the thread anymore. The game is out, and it will more than likely be spoiled plenty of times from now on.

LaneDS

DevelopmentArrested said:
The game is officially out. if you were in a blackout until you can play it, avoid the thread? i'm not condoning spoilers but they're gonna happen now.

In fairness, he could be in Euroland somewhere where the game isn't out yet. Not that the picture is any sort of big deal, but yeah.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
TTP said:
Sorry if already asked but what's the difference between Ranked and the other playlists types? I see there is a different rank number showing up near the usual one but the one being tracked on the website is the latter rather than the former. Why should I be bored to play Ranked?
The Ranked playlist matches you against people of the same skill rank (the blue number). The other playlist types match you against anybody who's online looking for the same type of game.

slider

Violater said:
yea its so fucking hard to do

Ok I'll see how this goes.

I agree. Spoiler tags exist for a reason. But hey, if people don't use it I'll avoid the thread. Then who'll be sorry?
Me!

-Amon-

Yess i thought UC2 day would be tomorrow here where i live, but it looks like they broke the street day, getting my copy in twelve fuckin minutes !

Violater

slider said:
I agree. Spoiler tags exist for a reason. But hey, if people don't use it I'll avoid the thread. Then who'll be sorry?
Me!

I'm at work bored out of my mind, they have the game. In all fairness not telling anyone to avoid the thread just be kind. Yes I am that emotional and sensitive about the whole thing :lol

slider

Violater said:
I'm at work bored out of my mind, they have the game. In all fairness not telling anyone to avoid the thread just be kind. Yes I am that emotional and sensitive about the whole thing :lol

:lol

I'm venturing out this afternoon to see if I can find it. And I already have it pre-ordered. The hype has engulfed me. What

will I do with my spare copy? Not sure. Might just give it away if the game impresses me enough. After all it's meant to be played.

Violater

slider said:
:lol

I'm venturing out this afternoon to see if I can find it. And I already have it pre-ordered. The hype has engulfed me. What

will I do with my spare copy? Not sure. Might just give it away if the game impresses me enough. After all it's meant to be played.

Heading to GS in 4 hours to pick mine up.
Then I might start feeling a case of the flu coming on:D

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'm stuck in class right now, but I'm heading out to do the whole B2G1 after. I'm hoping to get a nice chunk of it done today. can't wait to try it out.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom