• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

noah111

Still Alive
I may actually get lucky and be able to pick this up TODAY! :D It's available at a nearby Fry's for $50, and iirc I have 30 dollars or so store credit from way back.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't have a system to play it on atm. :lol Hopefully I fix my PS3 today so i'll be able to play it on a new slim by tomorrow. If all goes according to plan of course...

Can't wait to play online with a bunch of you again! Excitement ahoy. :D

around 20% in and
I thought this game was supposed to be a lot of shooting? whenever I heard people talk about it on podcasts, they always seemed like they were upset that there was going to be more shooting. So far there has been one real shooting section with the rest has been stealth and platforming. I'm still enjoying it a lot, I just went in thinking there would be a lot more shooting. I just got to the warzone, so maybe it has more here.

oh, and the hand to hand combat is so much better now. In co-op modes it seemed like it would just be mash square, but dodging with triangle and stuff is neat.

also, does anyone know if you can rewind now in replays?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Killthee said:
The Ranked playlist matches you against people of the same skill rank (the blue number). The other playlist types match you against anybody who's online looking for the same type of game.

Hm, I see. I still don't get the different rankings tho. I mean, if I want to play with anybody, I choose any playlist other than Ranked. If I want to play with guys on my same level, I'll play Ranked.

Perhaps the only real difference is that that little number is more representative of your skill as it is not affected by coop (while the main one is IIRC)

lantus

Jesus Christ, how am I supposed to study for my history exam next week with this freaking magnificent game right in front of me!

Just picked it up from Toy-r-Us. Guy behind me got their last copy, and they had only been open for 1 hour! Didn't do the buy 2 get 1 free, but I did use the $20 gift card I got with Halo:ODST.

Can't wait to get online, I need some more gaffers on my PSN friends list though, send me an invite "Bravosuperstar".

Amazon shipped two things to me yesterday and for some reason they sent them separately. The book was shipped via UPS and Uncharted 2 was FedEx. The book got here an hour ago... but I don't care about the book! I want this game!!! grrr!!!

Firewire

Banned
daycru said:
Photoon2009-10-13at1216.jpg
I'm a little bit after this
need to get up to the rafters to get on the roof, I climbed the white statue climbed across the boxes but don't know where to go next.

Need help guys!

If anyone has plans to go to TRU later on today, call ahead my TRU that is actually pretty busy only had three copies of Uncharted 2. And two of those were pre-ordeers for me. Seriously. Wtf.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
There is no one playing Deathmatch, so lame. I don't want to play Co-op with stacked teams (team with the same tag, and about level 30's compared to our level 1's)

I also fucking hate how the game won't AUTO-SAVE WHEN YOU FIND A NEW TREASURE. I got up to Chapter 4, all the treasures and stupidly forgot the game doesn't auto-save because I didn't make a save slot (thinking it would overwrite my Hard chapter/runthrough progress for the trophy). So fucking stupid. :|

And Matchmaking is still goddamn slow. Is it really that fucking hard to give us a server browser, console devs?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
TheSeks said:
There is no one playing Deathmatch, so lame. I don't want to play Co-op with stacked teams (team with the same tag, and about level 30's compared to our level 1's)

I also fucking hate how the game won't AUTO-SAVE WHEN YOU FIND A NEW TREASURE. I got up to Chapter 4, all the treasures and stupidly forgot the game doesn't auto-save because I didn't make a save slot (thinking it would overwrite my Hard chapter/runthrough progress for the trophy). So fucking stupid. :|

And Matchmaking is still goddamn slow. Is it really that fucking hard to give us a server browser, console devs?

There's tons of people playing deathmatch. I had no problems getting into matches this morning

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Zzoram said:
Graphics do look improved over the original. Not a huge leap forward in-game, but the cutscenes seem quite a bit better.
I think you may change the story as the thing goes on. The advancements they made in particle effects, lighting and post processing alone are on a whole other level compared to the first game. They do use subsurface scattered lighting more liberally in cutscenes, but I'm pretty sure snow scenario uses it extensively during gameplay (another excuse for me to cannot wait to reach the Himalayas portion of the game)

I'm just happy that they improved significantly on things that weren't the best in the first game visually, while keeping things where it excelled intact.

Picked mine up over lunch... cant wait to pop it in. Anyone else hate how some Best Buys do pre orders? So they pretty much just put every copy of the game out for anyone to buy. I showed up with my pre order ticket... she then told me to go back and grab a copy in the game section.

They only had 4 copies left!!! So I asked her what would happen if they ran out and I had pre ordered. She just said "I dont know". Where I used to live the best buy would set aside the pre order copies behind the front desk. Considering they have had the pre order slips out for months I doubt only 4 were sold... might be some angry U2 fans later.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Can someone with the game confirm whether their TV switches between 720p and 1080p modes when going from gameplay to cutscenes, if your PS3 is set to use both modes in system settings?

TheSeks said:

been playing matchmaking for a few days with no problems really and that's with 50 people online

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Square Triangle said:
Awesome, I just started my game. Wario if you don't mind I added ya on PSN :D

As long as I can recognize your name, sweet...a lot of weird people have been adding me recently and I've been denying their add if I don't recognize their name. Hell, someone actually imitated a Naughty Dog rep to add me :lol

Last night, a Naughty Dog rep was playing and some guy on my team kept trying to kill him, probably because of the ND logo next to his name. The ND guy was like "Hey man, I'm on your team. Stop shooting me. I'm your teammate" over and over, lol

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
TTP said:
Hm, I see. I still don't get the different rankings tho. I mean, if I want to play with anybody, I choose any playlist other than Ranked. If I want to play with guys on my same level, I'll play Ranked.

Perhaps the only real difference is that that little number is more representative of your skill as it is not affected by coop (while the main one is IIRC)
Well your level rank doesn't necessarily mean you're any good, it just means you've played a lot. Your skill rank on the other hand I imagine it goes up and down depending on how good you play in a ranked game, sorta like the MGO level rank.

Firewire

Banned
Firewire said:
I'm a little bit after this
need to get up to the rafters to get on the roof, I climbed the white statue climbed across the boxes but don't know where to go next.

Need help guys!

Anyone?

Just picked it up from the Campbell, CA Fry's this morning for 49.99! Here's a quick exchange I had with the guy who checks the receipts when you leave.

Fry's: Is that a good game?!
Me: Yeah everyone's calling it the best game of the year.
Fry's: We've been selling a lot of them this morning!
Me: Oh really? The reviews for this game have been crazy. Nothing but 9's and 10's.
Other Fry's Employee: What's up?
Fry's: Everyone has been coming in this morning to buy that game!

Yep, I hope it sells well. Fry's looked to have a lot of copies in stock too!

george_us

My shipment arrived about an hour ago and I'm at the part after the flashback that sets everything up. Holy christ the graphics are amazing.

deepbrown said:
What's the advantage of golden guns other than them looking stupid?

Nope that's it.

Also guys, from previously working at BBY, if you go now to the stores and they are still on the shelves ask the Media Supervisor if you can have one. My location had no issues handing Pre-orders crap out after the release.

slider

Wario64 said:
Last night, a Naughty Dog rep was playing and some guy on my team kept trying to kill him, probably because of the ND logo next to his name. The ND guy was like "Hey man, I'm on your team. Stop shooting me. I'm your teammate" over and over, lol

:lol

That's how you thank me for helping produce this game??

Violater

deepbrown said:
What's the advantage of golden guns other than them looking stupid?

Hm to start with EyePet or Uncharted 2...

Sounds like I will make plenty highlight reels of beating people down, taking their bling and beating them down again with their own bling. :lol

A.R.K

Good News: Just got my copy!!! :D :D :D
Bad news: I am @ work and the day just started!!!!! :( :( :(

by the way was this posted?

IGNUK said:
9.0 Presentation
A minimal front-end, but when it's in full-flow the lack of intrusion underlines the game's cinematic credentials.

10 Graphics
Quite simply the best looking game around, with impressive tech matched by excellent art design.

9.5 Sound
The guns and grenades do what you expect them to, but it's Nolan North and co. who steal the show.

8.0 Gameplay
It doles out its parts with wit, but each element fails to wow in isolation.

8.5 Lasting Appeal
The multiplayer is more than generous, as is the single player's 12 hour running time.

Overall 9.0/10

Gameplay is 8.0????? really?????? what a fucking joke!

Animal

Banned
Picked mine up this morning during break.

It's just there sitting on my desk all wrapped up.

Can't touch it till I get home.

Funny thing is that every desk in my office has a copy of the game waiting to be loved when they all go home.:lol

I'm so bummed about this game
because I won't have time to play for a couple weeks
. :(

I have school projects coming up, but mostly I'm moving next week and that is going to take up so much of my time. I have to finish painting, cleaning and packing here and then unpack at the new place.

Maybe by November I'll have time to play. :(

demolitio

I would have liked to trade my revenge attribute code for a golden gun code, but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen so....who wants it?

Edit: Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom