• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hultrain

Neo Member
NameGenerated said:
Oh it's a digital thing? I thought it was like a legit physical map. Bummer.

No, it's a video. Actually, here's what was on the website, also confirms that codes will be sent within 10 days:

Amazon Exclusive Pre-order Treasure Map
Pre-order "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" and get an Amazon exclusive treasure map. This bonus video strategy reveals the secret locations of treasures hidden within the game and can be viewed on both the PS3 and PSP systems. Access codes will be sent within 10 days after the game releases. Offer good while supplies last. Must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com to be eligible.

Real map would have been awesome.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
SuperEnemyCrab said:
Quick audio question. For the best possible sound should I choose DTS 5.1, or LPCM 5.1?
If you have an HDMI receiver that accepts 5.1 LPCM then choose that.
If not, or you're using optical, choose DTS.

Dynamic3

NameGenerated said:
So did Amazon just bail on that "treasure map" pre-order bonus? I didn't get jack squat with my game.

The "treasure map" is a video, not an actual map :lol. I am sure they will e-mail you the code/link soon.

Pachimari

As said above. I think 5.1 LPCM sounds better than DTS, having tested both setups.

EDIT: I'm using HDMI and Onkyo reciever as well, it works wonders. =)

4 and a half more hours till I'm off work, and can finish single player!
Got to chapter 9 or so last night then decided I should sleep at least 3 hours before work.

I thought I would never say this, but I like Chloe. I misjudged her. :(
I bet I won't like her for that much longer though.

Jim

SuperEnemyCrab said:
Oops, I should have specified that. It's HDMI going to an onkyo 606. Thanks!

Onkyo 606 owners unite.

Yes, pick LPCM. Sounds so, so good. The DTS mix definitely sounds different to me.

BeeDog

Come on Wario64, where's your review of the game? :p

Tomorrow I'll grab my copy, woohoo. Damn, maximum game overload this month (UC2, Demon's Souls and NGS2), the month when I definitely don't need it. :D

Jim

MvmntInGrn said:
Just picked up the game a little while ago.

Favorite so far:
Marco Polo in the swimming pool atop the Hotel in Nepal
:lol

Haha.. yeah, one of my favorite unexpected lines.
I also love:
Harry: "He's above you, he's above you!!" Stealth pull guy off roof. Harry: "He's below you, he's below you!!"

Strider2K99 said:
How/when do I get bonus money from having played U1?
Go into the Bonus > Store screen, and it should show a button to search for Uncharted 1 data. Square I think.

Pssttt... I'd spoiler the dialog quotes... half the fun is hearing them for the first time.

george_us

Chloe: "Five minutes? Oh great, I won't even have to take my top off!"

Drake: "Um Chloe, I was thinking more of an explosion..."

:lol

With Uncharted I always have issues understanding how the gun fights are supposed to flow. I'll die and respawn somewhere very different thinking "OH I was supposed to get HERE!".

I tend to stay right where the gunfight begins rather than risk moving forward, which is usually what you'll need to do at some point during it.
Jim said:
Haha.. yeah, one of my favorite unexpected lines.
I also love:
"He's above you, he's above you!!" Stealth pull guy off roof. "He's below you, he's below you!!"
That was great too :lol

Drake is a damn comedian in the game, the guy is just funny. Like I mentioned earlier, Naughty Dog better win multiple awards for this game.

WANTED
GAFfer's impressions for the OP.

If you've finished the game, and are feeling like writing a mini-review of sorts, I'm going to create a section in the OP for a handful of GAF impressions. Try and keep it to two or three paragraphs.

PM me, if you want yours posted. :)

Remember to keep spoilers to a minimum.

I'll start posting them tomorrow probably.

Barrett2

Early on, in the museum, I can't find a freaking ledge. I just
tranq shot
the dudes in the room, how the hell do I climb up?

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
KilgoreTrout said:
WANTED

If you've finished the game, and are feeling like writing a mini-review of sorts, I'm going to create a section in the OP for a handful of GAF impressions. Try and keep it to two or three paragraphs.

Cool game bro

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
lawblob said:
Early on, in the museum, I can't find a freaking ledge. I just
tranq shot
the dudes in the room, how the hell do I climb up?

push the cart with the circle button

Dynamic3

Ok I have a serious dilemma:

My original intention was to hold off on picking it up as I am in between moves and won't have my 7.1 PCM system up until 12/1.

Would I be doing this game a disservice by playing it without the great audio? I am getting too excited and this headset deal is quite tempting.

Should I get it right now?

wow just had the most intense mp. we were down 10 and came back to win with my headshot as the finisher. usually i hate weapon-specific mp modes but rpgs or snipers are both fun. damn though I wish there were more maps. Completely tired out of the 3 in the beta (my own fault) but the other 3 are quite good. lost city, sanctuary and train wreck are all great. lots of places to get up to and shoot down from. (plus they all look gorgeous.) wait there's those 3 plus the 3 beta maps.. is there one more i'm missing? edit - oh shit right the temple was in the beta too.

that's the one thing I think ND missed out now. In CoD4 you could see all your stats, k/d, total time played etc. I wish they would have built that into the game also not combine the fucking coop and dm/objective shit.

Also any deals for the Official Headset PS3? 54.99 is cheapest I can find. (Canada)

I agree with what everything is saying about SP. At Chapter 20 now and I don't want it to end. Best game in years.

KilgoreTrout said:
WANTED

Done.

beast786

Lesson Learned.

For people who are just getting there copy of U2. Please Also pick up one of these for your own safety.

2006107171731252.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom