• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y2Kev said:
THE CHARACTERS EYES SHINE LIKE REAL EYES

how?!?

Haha I noticed this to, I was like damn...

Just got through chapter 3, game is amazing. Graphics are spectacular, sound is awesome over LPCM 5.1, gameplay is excellent as in the original. Best opening sequence of any game i've played this gen. Truly a next-gen showcase in all facets. Instant gaming classic if i've ever played one.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Can someone just do a quick test if their TV switches from 720p to 1080p when going from gameplay to cutscene?

Y2Kev said:
THE CHARACTERS EYES SHINE LIKE REAL EYES

how?!?
Eye and teeth rendering quality is ridiculously good. They knew to pay special attention to those, it's what look at the most when you watch someone talk.

ryan-ts

I'm just about to put the game in.....hitting x.....games starting.........OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!! YES! OHHHHHHHHHH BABY!!!!!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I need help serious, NEED HELP!
I finished off the helicopter at the train but then there is this guy i cannot pass when i take cover he kills me with a grenade, up to this point i was enjoying this game.

edit beat him

Wario64 said:
My images can't really be a spoiler, can it? I just want to show how hawt it is.

I realize that people want to show off how awesome the game looks, but other people have been on media blackout, and may be entering the thread now. These people are typically more sensitive to this sort of thing.

This just comes as a request from those people.

This won't be a permanent rule, and we should all try to agree on when it is acceptable to post images.

UFRA

OK, what is the issue here...

I have Uncharted 1 completed 100%, Platinum trophy, 61 treasures, 1000 medal points.

I have my U1 save still on my PS3 HDD.

I use the feature in Uncharted 2 to get my reward (Bonuses > Store > Press Square...), and it says "No trophies found". WTF?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
UFRA said:

I have Uncharted 1 completed 100%, Platinum trophy, 61 treasures, 1000 medal points.

I use the feature in Uncharted 2 to get my reward (Bonuses > Store > Press Square...), and it says "No trophies found". WTF?
Just a guess, but maybe you need a post-trophy-patch save? Did you play the game after the trophy patch was released?

UFRA

Lord Error said:
Just a guess, but maybe you need a post-trophy-patch save? Did you play the game after the patch trophy was released?

Yup, that's the only way to get platinum. The trophies weren't retro-active, so I had to play the game over again to get the trophies.

:(

Been playing this game since Friday night and i'm still not done with it, and I put a lot of hours in yesterday (although i should be right at the end now). I love that. While I was playing the first game I was constantly saying to myself "I really hope I'm not close to the end" and now I'm saying "This is a game with more than $60 in length, and it's great"

There aren't enough good things to say about this game. Many points I have said to myself "Wow, is this really happening? This is beyond awesome."

I think the only negative I have is that the enemies are still bullet sponges for the most part, and sometimes they throw a buttload of bad guys at you at once, but other than that, it's pretty much a perfect game, and I havn't even touched multiplayer yet

Dementia

FUUUUUUUUCK

I was just checking my email before I went out to buy the game and I got a notice that my $200 housing deposit for the spring semester is a week late, which will leave... $50 in my account. Fuck you, school. :mad:

Ranger X

HOLYSHITWHATTHEFUCKIJUSTPLUGGEDTHEGAMEINANDIHADTOPOST.

Best graphics ever.
Best game beginning.
Best animation.
Textuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuures!!! Frameraaaaaaaaaaaate.

Best fucking snow ever to be in a game.

NAUGHTY DOGS ARE GODS CONFIRMED. I can't believe it. It also shits all over Uncharted. I really wasn't prepared, no shit.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
KilgoreTrout said:
I just wanted to say when I was playing the stealth segment at the beginning of the game, I didn't die/get caught once on hard.

I don't get why all the reviewers were complaining about it.

It was awesome.

They weren't complaining about difficulty, they were complaining that the guards seemed oblivious and rather stupid in the stealth segment.

Amazon fucked up my order and I ended up having to cancel and re-order it so now I won't get my copy until tomorrow, but now I'm getting it for $21 hahaha

Filldough

Freakin every post is making the work day pass by even slower.... 3 more hours... A cigarette will pass five minutes... so, I need like 5 packs and a set of spare lungs and I should be able to get thru this!

Dying (quite literally *coughs*) to play this game.

Maybe I'll just tell HR I caught a nasty case of ghonaherpesyphilaids and they'll send me home....

Ranger X

Fuck, in 3 mins of gameplay this game just rendered 99% other devs trying to push a PS3 game into kindergarden of programing. Seriously.
This is the kind of game that simply tell you "that's it dude, no need to continue with your career, we won."

UFRA

UFRA said:

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? :'(((((((((((

This fucking sucks, I want my
$100,000

Lord Error said:
Just a guess, but maybe you need a post-trophy-patch save? Did you play the game after the patch trophy was released?

I have the same problem. I have the Platinum Trophy for Drake's Fortune on my trophy list, I have my original trophied up 100% game save still on the PS3 but it keeps telling me no trophies found.

Release day bug, hurrah.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Yoboman said:
I have one questions for those playing it... Remember how everyone was so blown away by this game at E3? Does the full game blow you away like that did?
mostly, yes. however, the game does have a definite peak at around that section from the E3 demo.
Nepal, including the temple, is very much the best area of the game. It's stunning stuff.

Although I still have three or four chapters to go, so I might be speaking too soon. I think part of my issue with the end-game is, from a story-perspective,
Chloe is a much better fit for Nate than Elena, and the way the game is headed, it feels like the only way they can deal with Chloe is to either kill her or turn her evil. ND have made her so likable at this point (they spend the whole first half of the game getting the player to like her), so that's the only clean conclusion I can think of. The fact that she hasn't been present in the story for a few hours at around Chapter 23 doesn't fill me with confidence.

I can't wait to see how it ends.

polyh3dron said:
Amazon fucked up my order and I ended up having to cancel and re-order it so now I won't get my copy until tomorrow, but now I'm getting it for $21 hahaha

that's pretty cool but I'd be far too hyped to wait another day.

UFRA

ScrabbleBanshee said:
I have the same problem. I have the Platinum Trophy for Drake's Fortune on my trophy list, I have my original trophied up 100% game save still on the PS3 but it keeps telling me no trophies found.

Release day bug, hurrah.
Confirmed.

Damn. :( Well, I have good faith in ND that they will patch and fix it. Still sucks though. Oh well, off to continuing
Breaking and Entering

I'm on chapter 4 or 5 and it seems like the pace is a bit slow. Like they are really taking time to teach you how to play the game. I guess i just feel impatient since i played the first one and beat it four times, plus the beta.

the game is amazing though. I am truly impressed with the depth of field going on, its like real time depth of field and motion blur, blows my mind.

Calavera520 said:
that's pretty cool but I'd be far too hyped to wait another day.
I am too hyped.... Tonight will suck, especially when I look at my friends list.

Bitter, bitter tears will be running down my cheek.

.hacked

i am getting these green lines flashing thought out the picture while I am playing, my brother says he saw the same thing while playing Demon Souls. Is my PS3 dying?

nib95

Banned
Where are the direct captures? I want to see some soft snow stuff, as well as jungle bits, to see how it compares to the jungle from U1.

MrPliskin

Banned
Has anyone received their code to download the Treasures video?

I'm curious to see if it'll be any good. It'll give my PSP a break from PJM / GT PSP :lol

corpserot

I canceled my pre order a while ago and amazon sent me a copy anyway.. I wasn't charged either. Only game I have preordered is Brutal Legend, and I haven't received that yet. Think there is some sort of mix up?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
UFRA said:
Yup, that's the only way to get platinum. The trophies weren't retro-active, so I had to play the game over again to get the trophies.

:(
ScrabbleBanshee said:

Release day bug, hurrah.
Here's what it could be - if you have backed up your saves and restored them onto a different hard drive or a different console, something in recognizing them could be messed up.

For example, I did this backup/restore, and even though my MGS4 saves still work when I boot the game, the MGS4 Documentation app doesn't recognize that I have the 'clear save' file so that it would unlock the spoiler-ed areas anymore. I know for a fact this app recognized everything correctly before I did this backup, but now it doesn't.

In case of UC2 you probably don't have much to feel bad over though. You would get 100K credits, which I've heard would be about enough to buy only two or three weapon upgrades for multiplayer portion.

Pachimari

nib95 said:
Where are the direct captures? I want to see some soft snow stuff, as well as jungle bits, to see how it compares to the jungle from U1.
The
jungle
in Uncharted 2 is on another level really. It's much more lush and lively. Makes the
jungle
in Drake's Fortune feel a bit sterile, both sound, graphics and design is better in Among Thieves, clearly.

Btw, I'm stuck with a order from GameStop and they won't cancel it. And I'm sitting with the review copy. They gotta wait for November 1st then.

nib95

Banned
Anastacio said:
The
jungle
in Uncharted 2 is on another level really. It's much more lush and lively. Makes the
jungle
in Drake's Fortune feel a bit sterile, both sound, graphics and design is better in Among Thieves, clearly.

Need to see screens people! Screens!

Loudninja

polyh3dron said:
I am too hyped.... Tonight will suck, especially when I look at my friends list.

Bitter, bitter tears will be running down my cheek.

I have to wait too, if we waited this long one more day wont hurt :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom