• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Pants said:
If Amazon does release day delivery, I always go with them. I get it delivered to my office and I can sit here and drool over the game all day, and then go straight home from work and play it instead of having to drive to a gamestore.
I see, but there's always a chance you won't get it on the release date.

Just seeing people posting about how their package isn't at their door makes me question why they didn't just pick the game up from a store.

ZROCOOL said:
Seriously you will starve yourself while playing this. I did :lol

Game starved myself of sleep last night. Told myself I'd play an hour and a half of campaign, and get to bed around 2:00 am.

REALITY:

Kept on telling myself, "One more chapter."
Got to bed around 4:30 am thinking I should have at least 3 hours of sleep before work. :lol

FIX THIS ANOREXIC INSOMNIAC BULLSHIT, GUERRILLA.

Lord Error said:
It looks very much the same as the US one on the front.

Except it has MGS4-Germany style "5 OUT OF 5, 5 DUA TEU 5, OFFICIAL PLAYSTATION MAGAZINE. IGN.COM, E3" and all that bullshit on it, TWICE! Once in english, and again in french.

I'll scan it when I pick it up.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Bwahahaha. Classy opening. The conversation over the beers was ace.
Like a cool opening to a kickass summer action/adventure blockbuster.
Fun dialog, perfect delivery.

calder

My ridiculous sky-high expectations are being easily met. :D

Fantastic in every way. I'm probably about 40% done the story, playing on Hard. I'm doing a horrible job of finding treasures as I go, but I keep banging out the weapon trophies. Will definitely cheese my way through most of the combat trophies on an Easy run. ;)

So many awesome lines it's ridiculous. My favourite non-spoiler one is probably "So, we're dicking this guy over, right?" or maybe 'Wow, when you say it like that it does sound pretty stupid, huh'. :lol

Damn, the treasures are definitely harder to find this go around. I'm only up to Chapter 4 and despite scouring every corner, nook, and ceiling, I've still missed quite a few. Didn't want to use a guide, but I might have to on the re-play.

Loudninja

shagg_187 said:
Except it has MGS4-Germany style "5 OUT OF 5, 5 DUA TEU 5, OFFICIAL PLAYSTATION MAGAZINE. IGN.COM, E3" and all that bullshit on it, TWICE! Once in english, and again in french.

I'll scan it when I pick it up.
:lol wow

DrPirate

Banned
iamcool388 said:
There is an Uncharted Motion Comic coming out. It will deal with an idea ND had about doing a prequel for Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Via PS Blog.

Will purchase.

I love the Uncharted Universe.

kikanny

If it wouldn't be a hassle, could someone please post a pic of the Canadian box of Uncharted 2. You guys keep saying its of lower quality.

I didn't know you could the the number of treasures left in a chapter in the chapter select menu. :lol

Was this in the first Uncharted also?

If so, I feel like a dick for using a GameFAQs for the ten treasures I was missing in Drake's Fortune.

Ashour

*cries in joy

My God. Just finished Uncharted 2 and it's such an amazing game I can't help but feel sad that it's done. And the ending is so beautiful. soundtrack is awesome too.

GOTFY.

I already started my new run, I also need to get the rest of the treasures and try to get some trophies.

Wish there was more stats like how many I killed with each gun.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Just noticed they removed the awesome texture effect on Drake's top which simulated fabric bending while walking in Uncharted 1.

I'm disappointed. :p

ymmv

Banned
The graphics of Uncharted 2 are totally off the charts. I'm constantly astounded. Once I got to the first vista in the game my jaw literally dropped. I think Xbox fans are going to hate this game because every future discussion about console graphics will be plastered with Uncharted 2 screen shots only. There are no contenders.

Solo

kikanny said:
If it wouldn't be a hassle, could someone please post a pic of the Canadian box of Uncharted 2. You guys keep saying its of lower quality.

It is. Looks really bad, actually. Dont have my digicam around though, sorry.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
TTP said:
Just noticed they removed the awesome texture effect on Drake's top which simulated fabric bending while walking in Uncharted 1.

What??! Fix that shit ND! But isn't his clothes a bit less susceptible to bending this time around?

ezekial45

Banned
I implore you guys to try to finish it in a single sitting. On my first time through, i expected to stop at around 6PM, but i ended up finishing past midnight. :lol

ymmv said:
The graphics of Uncharted 2 are totally off the charts. I'm constantly astounded. Once I got to the first vista in the game my jaw literally dropped. I think Xbox fans are going to hate this game because every future discussion about console graphics will be plastered with Uncharted 2 screen shots only. There are no contenders.

This is exactly what this thread needs. Bravo.

Btw, how could people have blazed through the game already? Don't you want to savor ever last exquisite drop. I haven't even picked the game yet, and I already don't want it to end.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Naughty_Dog_Software_Logo.jpg

zeloe326

Ok this is gotta be The best transition from Cutscene to gameplay in a video game I've ever played. Yes MGS4 was good, but the fact that I've played 6 chapters so far and yet to see a loading screen, makes it the best to me.

Cyberia

From the chat:

We used some stuff from online, but we also had two dogs who actually went to Nepal and took reference photos.

Our rendering team spent a lot of time on the snow, subsurface scattering, a good reflection model, etc, etc. It definately helped that one of the two guys who went to nepal was our snow guy, who actually hiked quite a distance through the mountains, so he definately knew the look we needed.

Pachimari

Who's your favorite Uncharted girl, Chloe or Elena?

Neil Druckmann, Naughty Dog: I'm gonna go with Rika... you'll meet her in
Uncharted: Eye of Indra - the upcoming Motion Comic.

TravisMcIntosh-NaughtyDog: He's right, Rika's awsome.

TTP said:

I noticed that too. When aiming in Uncharted 2, the camera does not show as much of Drake's back as it did in the first. And although I LOVE the new grenade controls (one of the worst parts about the first game was having to arc with motion controls), I sorely miss the ability to free-look while walking. I mean, you can do that, but it's awkward as fuck since the free-look is now designated to Up on the d-pad. Anyway to change that? I also don't like the letterbox that kicks in when you do free-look. Kind of kills the immersion.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Lord Error said:
What??! Fix that shit ND! But isn't his clothes a bit less susceptible to bending this time around?

Dunno man. When Drake moves the torso the "bending lines" simply stretch rather than change orientation like in the previous game. I found it odd Konami added it to PES2010 shirts while Naughty Dog removed it from Uncharted 2 :lol

calder

There have been a handful of times already when the graphics just slapped me across the face. One random courtyard during the opening heist when I was running across some of the roofs and actually looked at the textures of the building was the first probably. The visuals are always very good and often hit "great".

Graphically, playing Uncharted last week really *really* has me amazed at how improved everything is. Especially the framerate, fixing the tearing alone is a feat, and then you notice how everything you're seeing is noticeably better than Uncharted and it STILL runs so much better.

NeoUltima

Dax01 said:
I see, but there's always a chance you won't get it on the release date.

Just seeing people posting about how their package isn't at their door makes me question why they didn't just pick the game up from a store.
Cheaper and more convenient. Got unlucky this time with ups running way later than usual. In the interest of time(ignoring price+hassle), it would have been better to go to a store this time. But usually that is not the case.

I don't see why you would be questioning why people "didn't just pick the game up from a store." People have unique lives, just because going to a store is the easiest and cheapest way for you to get a game doesn't mean it is for others. You may as well question why Amazon or any online retailers exists in the first place...I mean damn, why don't people just go to B&N to buy books instead of going to Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom