• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loudninja

lawblob said:
True. If you can get a good price or some sweet pre-order bonus, I am all for online / pre-order buying. But I just get the feeling a lot of people got used to pre-ordering out of habit a long time ago, and can't break the vicious cycle, even when they get no benefit from it. :lol

Yeah I know what you mean :lol

so, I got home with Uncharted and Brutal Legend around 12:30 and played both until I had to leave for work at 05:30. So far, I am really blown away by how badass this has been. The gameplay feels so much different now, even if it's still uncharted. Between the
train climbing, the stealth, the jungle ambush and now running from cars in the street, it's been a massive shift to variety in a shoot. I almost feel like I'm still waiting for the REAL uncharted 2 to start because it hasn't felt like Uncharted 1.
I'm putting for time into Brutal legend than Uncharted so far, but I'm going online with Uncharted later tonight. I don't want to crash through the SP too fast, so far it's been a great story.

Flib

TheSeks said:
Drake:
"Follow the hose."
Sully:
"You always follow the hose."
Drake:
"Like that time in Montreal, right?"
Sully:
"You're never going to let that go"

I think.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Ok... spoilers in this post.

I'm fucking pissed off. I'm on
Chapter 25, in Shambahla, and I have to fight these two fucking purple fuckfaces, and I can't kill them for the life of me. What do I do.

Just got my copy from Amazon. I pre-ordered but I don't see a map :(. Can't wait to play this tonight. I hope I get some sleep but I'll understand if I don't.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Black_Ice said:

Chapter 25, in Shambahla, and I have to fight these two fucking purple fuckfaces, and I can't kill them for the life of me. What do I do.

Gamepro Protip:
Keep shooting them until they die

TheSeks said:
Who is who, Naughty Dog!? Argh! It's good you subtitled the behind the scenes and cutscenes (like the first) but this is just a nagging problem for some of us. >_>

Did you play Drake's Fortune? A few interactions in that give an idea of the personality type of the characters.

Barmaid in Lima. :D

ezekial45

Banned
Black_Ice said:

Crossbows and grenades are effective against them. They're not as tough as they seem.

This thread is getting me hyped! My only worry is I can over hype a game for myself then I end up dissapointed.

I never got a chance to try the beta online. Does it feel tagged on or is it a big part of the game?

Gribbix

Black_Ice said:

If you stay too far away, they'll spam their crossbows which kill you almost instantly. Get in close and they'll put the crossbows away and just beserker charge you. Once they charge you, just run in circles while blind firing behind you.

MNC

Quicksilva said:
This thread is getting me hyped! My only worry is I can over hype a game for myself then I end up dissapointed.

I never got a chance to try the beta online. Does it feel tagged on or is it a big part of the game?
BIG part. It's what made me preorder in the first place.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
40 minutes till I get to head home. Goddamn I can't wait. How is the weapon variety early on in the game? It seemed like I played most of Uncharted with just the pistol and the AK47. I'd really love to use the FAL early and often. It is my favorite gun in the beta.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Black_Ice said:
Doesn't work.

Okay, maybe it does. But this gun isn't doing shit.

Do what the 2 other posters just suggested to you, and once one of them dies, steal the crossbow and attack the other one. It does pretty good damage. Blind fire is key for the fight

Loudninja

TravisMcIntosh-NaughtyDog: We're good friends with Sony Santa Monice (GOW III), and we share ideas all the time, they've helped us out many times in the past with tech demonstrations and we've returned the same. I can walk there in 10 minutes. We don't really grab code or assets though, mainly ideas.

Neil Druckmann, Naughty Dog:

Re: thanking other developers. We try to be quite open with our technology and our process. We exchanged technology and ideas with other developers. We wanted to make sure we thanked everyone that helped us out in some way.
:0

Quicksilva said:

For the longest time I felt that ND were doing the MP component just to have a bulletpoint covered on the back of the box. I was afraid that it would be tacked on and wouldnt go with the 'feel' of the Uncharted universe. I shouldnt have worried, the MP is completely kick ass and the modes were designed well keeping in mind the overall adventure theme of the game. I will definitely be playing the MP (co-op is insanely fun) for a long while, and so will you.

And dont worry, this game cannot be overhyped. Its impossible. You will be blown away. I guarantee it.

If the percentage counter is to be trusted, this game
is already longer than Uncharted 1 and I'm only 75% More than I expected.

and some parts of this game really look insane. Like, not only does the game look incredible, there hasn't been a single visual flaw I've seen yet. No tearing, never a drop in frame rate, no pop-in, amazing image quality etc etc

Naughty Dog really are wizards.

Quicksilva said:

Multiplayer is awesome. The best multiplayer experience I've ever had.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Linkzg said:
If the percentage counter is to be trusted, this game
is already longer than Uncharted 1 and I'm only 75% More than I expected.

and some parts of this game really look insane. Like, not only does the game look incredible, there hasn't been a single visual flaw I've seen yet. No tearing, never a drop in frame rate, no pop-in, amazing image quality etc etc

Naughty Dog really are wizards.
rsx surplus gpu :bow

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Flib said:

Ah, thanks. That's what I thought it was, but it's hard to tell at times. I mean in cutscenes it isn't really needed to be pointed out, but in-engine/Drake and the others walking around, it's kinda hard to figure out depending on the lines.

I think that's one thing the Source Engine/Valve does right: The CC/Subtitle systems for in-engine stuff.

I'm trying to keep out of this thread til I beat single player, but damn it feels good to be playing Uncharted again. I'll be looking for a few ppl to roll co-op with once I'm done with single player

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Wario64 said:
Do what the 2 other posters just suggested to you, and once one of them dies, steal the crossbow and attack the other one. It does pretty good damage. Blind fire is key for the fight

I fucking did it. In your FACE.

Thanks

Zutroy

So how hard is hard? Should you expect to die a lot? I usually like to go through a game on normal, or sometimes easy first time through so I don't die to keep the immersion. Saying that, I would like to unlock Crushing first time.

Is there still the option to change difficulty throughout the game like in U: DF?

There is one point in the game towards the end which is just insane in terms of graphics, art direction and post processing effects. I'm spoilering the location, DONT READ THE SPOILER PART UNTIL YOU HAVE FINISHED THE GAME. If you finished the game, feel free to back me up on this. :D

When you are in Shambala and its night time, just after the checkpoint you kind of have to go through a canal/sewer filled with water and have to fight a couple of those shotty minibosses + an RPG guy.

Everything about that section is insane, but most of all its the graphics. The rain pouring down (amazing audio), the raindrop effect on the water below you, the lightning throwing everyone shadows on the walls... the lightning stuff is just out of this world. I remember trying to melee an enemy, and that brought me and him in focus with the background blurring out just a little, and watching half our bodies light up and our stark shadows showing up on the wall behind us because of the intermittent cracks of lightning was incredible.

Truly jaw-dropping, but only one of the many, MANY such sequences in the game.

tribal24

Banned
iamcool388 said:
There is one point in the game towards the end which is just insane in terms of graphics, art direction and post processing effects. I'm spoilering the location, DONT READ THE SPOILER PART UNTIL YOU HAVE FINISHED THE GAME. If you finished the game, feel free to back me up on this. :D

When you are in Shambala and its night time, just after the checkpoint you kind of have to go through a canal/sewer filled with water and have to fight a couple of those shotty minibosses + an RPG guy.
Everything about that section is insane, but most of all its the graphics. The rain pouring down (amazing audio), the raindrop effect on the water below you, the lightning throwing everyone shadows on the walls... the lightning stuff is just out of this world. I remember trying to melee an enemy, and that brought me and him in focus with the background blurring out just a little, and watching half our bodies light up and our stark shadows showing up on the wall behind us because of the intermittent cracks of lightning was incredible.

Truly jaw-dropping, but only one of the many, MANY such sequences in the game.
:D that part made my jaw drop

iamcool388 said:
For the longest time I felt that ND were doing the MP component just to have a bulletpoint covered on the back of the box. I was afraid that it would be tacked on and wouldnt go with the 'feel' of the Uncharted universe. I shouldnt have worried, the MP is completely kick ass and the modes were designed well keeping in mind the overall adventure theme of the game. I will definitely be playing the MP (co-op is insanely fun) for a long while, and so will you.

And dont worry, this game cannot be overhyped. Its impossible. You will be blown away. I guarantee it.

Wow, that's encouraging, now I'm even more hyped! :D

Friday can't come soon enough. I added my psn to the list here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375557 so hopefully be playing online with you guys later in the week!

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

These chapters taking place on the moving train are SO DAMN GOOD OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

NAUGHTY DOG AM GODS

Damnit. Drake looks like he took a sunbath from hell in Canadian boxart. So freaking dark compared to the US boxart :/

Oh well...

That said, anyone wants to trade Amazon.com preorder bonus with EBGames? I have the Revenge booster pack that I want to gladly trade... PM me! :)

I had to force myself to turn it off because I'm getting through it too fast. I just can't put it down. I don't want it to end but it's impossible to stop.

LCfiner

just got started a couple hours ago. am now at Urban Warfare, chapter 5.

the opening, on the train, is the most arresting game opening I’ve played since Bioshock dropped me in the middle of the ocean.

The game just oozes style. I love how they keep the cutscenes short and punchy and expand on the dialogue bits that occur while playing. great stuff.

and now, back into the fray.

j-wood

I have the best girlfriend ever.

I'm in college, have an apartment, so money has to be spent wisely, and I've mentioned how awesome the game is supposed to be, and how I want it for christmas. She just called me and said she bought it for me and I get it this weekend :D

Firewire

Banned
j-wood said:

I'm in college, have an apartment, so money has to be spent wisely, and I've mentioned how awesome the game is supposed to be, and how I want it for christmas. She just called me and said she bought it for me and I get it this weekend :D
Dude, she's a keeper. Lock that up!

Keikoku

Banned
j-wood said:

Indeed.

j-wood said:

Where can I get one and how much? :lol

Beowulf28

God I just finished playing a couple of hours of this game and its fucking amazing! Can't wait to play more but one quick question: I'm on chapter 12 how far am I into the game?

j-wood said:

The only correct reply to this post:

three-stones-engagement-ring.jpg

Beowulf28 said:
God I just finished playing a couple of hours of this game and its fucking amazing! Can't wait to play more but one quick question: I'm on chapter 12 how far am I into the game?

There are 26 chapters, so you are near the halfway mark. The game does get slightly tougher and more intense towards the end though.

Mifune

Mehmber
Damn, Chapter 2 is epic. Here I thought I must have missed a new chapter heading, but no, it's just really really long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom