• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
daycru said:
So I'm stuck:

In the snow cave, I just grabbed a gun from a corpse. There's half of a ladder hanging against a wall with the other half in pieces below it. It looks like a spot for the team up jumps but it's just me. Any help is greatly appreciated, been jumping around for a while.
Shoot the ice sickles

anddo0 said:
All I have to say is WOW! I'm trying to pace myself, and here you are just 30 treasures away from a platinum:lol

Well, I've had the game since last Thursday, so it's not like I really blew through it in one sitting. I just finished Crushing today. I love the money system; it really gives you incentive to keep playing this thing. Some of the unlockables have ridiculous prices!

ezekial45

Banned
andymcc said:
Need help for a later part in the game, potential heavy spoilers...
i'm stuck in the tower of the monastery, i just got the dagger back from Chloe, I moved the statues to the appropriate area and now i'm supposed to rotate the characters underneath the statues, i don't get what it's supposed to match up with in drake's journal. sorry if i'm being stupid, i am just clueless! :lol

Match the shapes of the objects to the elements, and the animal, according to your journal. You place the object on the circle object in front of the designs on the walls.

daycru

Gribbix said:
Match the color of the symbols near the top of the page to the shapes. I.E. Green symbol = tiger = bowl

Shoot the ice near the body.
Ah, emptied a few shots into it earlier and nothing happened, didn't wanna waste my bullets, figured I needed them for whatever took out those wolves. Popped one more bullet in, they broke. Thanks!

Amir0x

Banned
This game is pretty good! outside of the lame stealth level (automatic point reduction off Uncharted 2's final score, sorry naughty dogs) it's been ace. The dialogue is so funny between Nathan and Sully

Amir0x said:
This game is pretty good! outside of the lame stealth level (automatic point reduction off Uncharted 2's final score, sorry naughty dogs) it's been ace. The dialogue is so funny between Nathan and Sully

Did you finish it? What level are you on?

T Ghost

Just got home from work, had dinner with wife and got the hubby pass to jump into the game for the rest of the night... Yay!

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Half way throught

got the game today, played non stop 6Hours straight

the game is fucking my eyes and my brain is loving it

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Wario64 said:
I'll say it again, Uncharted 2 stealth chapter is this gen's Windwaker stealth dungeon.
I enjoyed it a lot more than Windwaker's. It was nowhere near as frustrating and it was a lot shorter. It'll definitely be tedious on replays though.

So, am I the only one who has a problem with the black bars that appear on the screen when you use the shoulder view (up on the dpad), it seems like there is a line of pixels missing on both the right and the bottom of the screen. I'm kinda puzzled to see such a shitty mistake on such a fantastic looking game.

2rcsksl.jpg

It's not a big deal, but still, if anyone at Naughty God is reading this, patch this shit already :lol

As of my impressions so far, I don't like the puzzles that much, it's like Zelda, you solve them before realising there is even a problem. I prefer God of War or Half Life 2's approach, but whatever, at least they provide some variety and don't break the rhythm of the game by being too slow.

The game is also a bit on the easy side (playing on hard, and feel like it's the normal mode), that said, crushing on U1 was a little bit too hard to my taste, you died too quickly, and in a result I was more hidding than running everywhere and taking risk. Maybe this easier setting will bring a better crushing mode, there is still the coop and MP for the epic fights anyway.

Other than that, the game is fantastic and definitely lives up to the hype and the reviews.

Wario64 said:
I'll say it again, Uncharted 2 stealth chapter is this gen's Windwaker stealth dungeon.

I am not sure if that is good or bad (never played Windwaker) but it is one of my favorite levels in the game... one I am sure I will go through again and again.

iamcool388 said:
I am not sure if that is good or bad (never played Windwaker) but it is one of my favorite levels in the game... one I am sure I will go through again and again.
I believe many people did not like the stealth area in Wind Waker.

-PXG-

Wario64 said:

:lol

Actually, that is pretty damn accurate. At least UC2's wasn't as long and unforgiving as WW's.

DIrtyWeasel said:
I believe many people did not like the stealth area in Wind Waker.

Oh well. I thought the stealth chapter did an excellent job of introducing the mechanic, and I was quite thankful it did, because stealth saved my butt quite a few times in the later chapters.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
What's wrong with the stealth chapter? It's...not hard. It's easy and short. And gives the game an excuse to platform a lot.

Amir0x

Banned
Y2Kev said:
What's wrong with the stealth chapter? It's...not hard. It's easy and short. And gives the game an excuse to platform a lot.

It's lame. It's more pace-killing bullshit out of place in an action game like this, simply there to slow things down and make me angry.

TheSeks said:
Searching for Optimal game...

Searching for Close game...

Searching for ANY game...

Well, gee... how about including a server browser and I can look for ANY game my dam--oh, wait you didn't include one Naughty Dog. :mad:
Server lists are so fucking archaic on consoles. Chances are you join in late, on the losing team, and get penalized for it. Plus you could be sitting around in lobbies or pre games forever.

Give it time. What's a AAA title launch without the network issues?

olimpia84

Just got this today from the TRU deal. Can't really comment since I only played multiplayer so far. I have to study for a test coming up next week so I'm gonna have to find a way to not get distracted with this game =/

iamcool388 said:
Oh well. I thought the stealth chapter did an excellent job of introducing the mechanic, and I was quite thankful it did, because stealth saved my butt quite a few times in the later chapters.
It was fine for me too. At the same time though, I was anxious to just start shooting the crap out of things. So I guess I can understand other peoples feelings about it.

Virro

RockmanWhore said:
So, am I the only one who has a problem with the black bars that appear on the screen when you use the shoulder view (up on the dpad), it seems like there is a line of pixels missing on both the right and the bottom of the screen. I'm kinda puzzled to see such a shitty mistake on such a fantastic looking game.

It's not a big deal, but still, if anyone at Naughty God is reading this, patch this shit already :lol

As of my impressions so far, I don't like the puzzles that much, it's like Zelda, you solve them before realising there is even a problem. I prefer God of War or Half Life 2's approach, but whatever, at least they provide some variety and don't break the rhythm of the game by being too slow.

The game is also a bit on the easy side (playing on hard, and feel like it's the normal mode), that said, crushing on U1 was a little bit too hard to my taste, you died too quickly, and in a result I was more hidding than running everywhere and taking risk. Maybe this easier setting will bring a better crushing mode, there is still the coop and MP for the epic fights anyway.

Other than that, the game is fantastic and definitely lives up to the hype and the reviews.

I've got them too. Its annoying.

Can't put this damn game down. I'm gonna power through. Been playing since I picked it up this morning except for food and miscellaneous things. Sooooooo good.

Oh I loved the stealth chapter.

"Stop, Guard above you!"

*Knocks the guard out and drops him into the sea below*

"Guard below you, Guard below you!"
:lol :lol

Enojado

Went back a few pages and didn't see this so I'll go ahead and ask. Anyone else not getting UC2 to recognize your UC1 save and give you 100k. I go into the store and hit square. It searches and doesn't give me the 100k. Now, I finished UC1 before they put trophies in, but I thought UC2 only looked for the save game (which I checked and says 100%) and not the trophies. On whim I put UC1 in my PS3 and loaded it up and then put UC2 back in to see if that would solve my problem. No dice. Thoughts?

Blu_LED said:
Server lists are so fucking archaic on consoles. Chances are you join in late, on the losing team, and get penalized for it. Plus you could be sitting around in lobbies or pre games forever.

Give it time. What's a AAA titles launch without the network issues?
Well, seeing as how the people at Naughty Dog are gods and all...

taoofjord

I just got through chapter 5 and I have to say, with all honesty, that this is the most impressive game I've ever played. I can't imagine how the devs managed to cram so much original content (and this is DENSE) into a game in a 2 year span... it's absolutely mind boggling.

And on the gameplay front, every problem I had with the first game (which I thought was severely undercut by the repetitive waves of enemies, lack of environmental variety, boring platforming, and poor pacing) is fixed. Seriously... this game is really, really, really impressive. Even better than I expected it to be.

And I adored the stealth level. I'm surprised people disliked it. It was a great way to start the game off slow before ramping it up in intensity. Not to mention that it was ridiculously easy and really allowed you to enjoy the improved platforming mechanics.

Wow,
Nepal
is one of the best single player experiences I've ever had so far. Jesus Christ. Looking forward to playing through the rest.

Virro

Enojado said:
Went back a few pages and didn't see this so I'll go ahead and ask. Anyone else not getting UC2 to recognize your UC1 save and give you 100k. I go into the store and hit square. It searches and doesn't give me the 100k. Now, I finished UC1 before they put trophies in, but I thought UC2 only looked for the save game (which I checked and says 100%) and not the trophies. On whim I put UC1 in my PS3 and loaded it up and then put UC2 back in to see if that would solve my problem. No dice. Thoughts?

Same problem when I played the MP earlier.

Alex

This game is pretty amazing. I was expecting to be a little dulled after how godlike Demon's Souls was but wow, I'm really impressed.

SleazyC

Nepal... Nepal. Breath-taking presentation. Just the visuals combined with the music its just a beautiful creation. Bravo Naughty Dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom