• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiggles

Banned
sturmdogg said:
How long did it take you to finish?

About 9 and a half hours. Though the game's over twice the length of the original, if you trim the fat. Unlike Drake's Fortune, very little of this felt like padding out with enemy waves. The amount of shit Nate goes through in this game makes the first game look like a trip to the grocery store.

Foxix said:
Fucking wow.

This game is just... holy shit. The ONLY complaint I have so far is the beginning tutorial with the train.
Not that it was bad, I loved it in the beginning it's just that doing it again a second time was just fucking dumb

Just got turned off the PS3 after that, since I realized I've only eaten a baked potato all day.

VQ

I thought it was appropriate and kinda brought the game full circle, as this time you have full knowledge of what exactly has transpired, and how you ended up in that situation.

Thought it was a nice little setpiece.

iamcool388 said:
I thought it was appropriate and kinda brought the game full circle, as this time you have full knowledge of what exactly has transpired, and how you ended up in that situation.

I think he's just talking about the fact that you have to
do the same thing all over again, something I agree with, it wasn't completely necessary

I'm glad the shotgun has range. It's like game developers have never actually fired a shot gun in their lives and think they have a range of 10 feet.

Dementia

Magnus said:
No man, I'm totally with you. I love games like Ratchet, and I'm 24.

I'm just saying, this is the typical 18-35 guy who walks in, and just won't buy a Ratchet, or a Mario, or a Little.Big.Planet. They need testosterone after buying their new car. I mean, PS3.

I have to combat these attitudes every shift. :lol
That's one reason I'm disappointed Insomniac stopped dropping sexual innuendos in the names of the PS3 Ratchet titles. It was a good way of grabbing the attention of the average 18-35 year old and gave those PS2 games a less "kiddie" image.

Oh, wait, Uncharted 2.... damnit I still don't haz it. :(

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Good evade maneuver tactic in multiplayer: fall off a ledge and hang if someone is following you, then melee that bastard. BAM free kill.

Virro

Wario64 said:
Good evade maneuver tactic in multiplayer: fall off a ledge and hang if someone is following you, then melee that bastard. BAM free kill.

Multiplayer is like a feeding pool right now for anyone that even touched that demo.

Dude Abides

Banned
iamcool388 said:

Foxix Von

brandonh83 said:
I think he's just talking about the fact that you have to
do the same thing all over again, something I agree with, it wasn't completely necessary

Pretty much this.
Considering that I've already done all of that crap anyway why should I do it again? It's like backtracking without a good excuse. Why not just show me a cutscene or have it pick up exactly where it left off?

VQ

Victrix

*beard*
Streaming this live from the beginning at http://www.justin.tv/evilgamer

I'd strongly recommend you avoid this stream if you're planning on picking it up and playing through it, because UC is 8/10ths story fun, but if you really want to see it in motion for some reason, hop on :p

kuYuri

h4k said:
Can everyone unlock golden guns in the MP store or are those just a pre-order bonus?

Preorder bonus as far as I know. Besides, only your two starting weapons are gold (AK-47 and M92F).

-x.Red.x-

hey guys question

I played a ranked game and it was :59secs!
It was crazy quick and I uploaded but I can't find it on ND's official site

is there another site?

help?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I mean holy shit I am only 15 min in how are they doing this!? The fucking
snow!!!
This game is going to give me a damn heart attack I can't even focus my damn eyes everything is so fucking crazy looking.

LCfiner

Dax01 said:
I never said the game was "overhyped." Read my post again. What I said was that, even though I haven't played the game yet, there seems to be a lot of hyperbole in the thread.

I wasn't passing any judgment on the game.

There’s always hyperbole on Gaf when it comes to Uncharted.

however, in all fairness, it’s pretty damn rad so everyone lets it slide. :)

JB1981

BruceLeeRoy said:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I mean holy shit I am only 15 min in how are they doing this!? The fucking
snow!!!
This game is going to give me a damn heart attack I can't even focus my damn eyes everything is so fucking crazy looking.

:lol

I know, man. I thought the game would look good but WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE?

BruceLeeRoy said:
snow!!!
Not you too. :(

tribal24

Banned
Marty Chinn said:
Is it me or are Chloe's eyes really freaky looking? I think they made the reflection too noticeable which makes her eyes look weird.

i see it as she has teary eyes every time she emotional lol

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
-x.Red.x- said:
hey guys question

I played a ranked game and it was :59secs!
It was crazy quick and I uploaded but I can't find it on ND's official site

is there another site?

help?
The upload option doesn't upload the replay to a site, it uploads it to ND's servers so you can send the replay to a friend so he can watch it in game.

-x.Red.x-

Killthee said:
The upload option doesn't upload the replay to a site, it uploads it to ND's servers so you can send the replay to a friend so he can watch it in game.
aww damn

so the only way is to record it manually?
:C

I wanted to make a gif:lol

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Let me add to the chorus of HOLY FUCKING SHIT! This game is so amazing. The story is incredible, the gameplay, including the stealth, is awesome, and the graphics...my eyes...they WEEP with pure joy. This game is sex with the eyes. I mean, I knew it was going to be gorgeous, but holy fucking hell, this blows away any console game I've played, and when you take into account art direction it blows away any game I've played. I'm speechless. I had such high hopes that I was half expecting to be let down...but I am so far from let down. The game is blowing me away in every category so far and I'm just getting started. Wow.

I just can't comprehend how they got this game to look this good. It blows the first game out of the water, and it blows Killzone 2 out of the water IMO.

imtehman

Banned
drakesfortune said:
Let me add to the chorus of HOLY FUCKING SHIT! This game is so amazing. The story is incredible, the gameplay, including the stealth, is awesome, and the graphics...my eyes...they WEEP with pure joy. This game is sex with the eyes. I mean, I knew it was going to be gorgeous, but holy fucking hell, this blows away any console game I've played, and when you take into account art direction it blows away any game I've played. I'm speechless. I had such high hopes that I was half expecting to be let down...but I am so far from let down. The game is blowing me away in every category so far and I'm just getting started. Wow.

I just can't comprehend how they got this game to look this good. It blows the first game out of the water, and it blows Killzone 2 out of the water IMO.

damn, i didn't come away with that feeling when i played through the game. I must be jaded =(

Dax01 said:
Not you too. :(
Dax im so sorry man. Please dont look at any screens or video of this game before you play it. I was expecting this bro I was expecting it to be crazy looking but I am completely fucking floored I am honestly speechless.

Tom Penny

The
torch scene in the cave
is the only time this console gen that literally blew my mind with the graphics. Hopefully there is more to come :D

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
imtehman said:
damn, i didn't come away with that feeling when i played through the game. I must be jaded =(

I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that I have avoided almost every bit of footage from the game. I watched the E3 trailer and that's it. I've tried to avoid screen shots, video, everything. I'm glad I did if our reactions are so different, because man...this game is seriously blowing my mind. I did not think the PS3 could do this. And no screen tearing!! MY LORD!! NONE so far. Thanks be to the Naughty Gods!

Synless

Gold Member
My experience with Uncharted 2 has been great so far although I haven't got much time with it. Fantastic visuals especially the snow that was clearly taken from Insomniacs RFOM (Best snow in any game is now two games strong). My main problem comes from Uncharted 1 which my sister has been trying to get through. She's near the end of the game and it's freezing like crazy. Sony clearly didn't fix the problem. I've beaten that game 4 times on my system with no freezing ever. I really hope they fix this as I hear Uncharted 2 has been freezing as well.

JB1981 said:
Seriously how fucking annoying are you?
Hm?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18026001&postcount=7618
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18025770&postcount=7601
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18026226&postcount=7637
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18026208&postcount=7636
...and many more.

I'm glad that the game is of high quality, but I've never seen so much ravenous praise for a game on GAF before. I'm sorry, it just seems to good to be true.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Dax im so sorry man. Please dont look at any screens or video of this game before you play it. I was expecting this bro I was expecting it to be crazy looking but I am completely fucking floored I am honestly speechless.
Lookin' forward to tomorrow morning then.

Man you assholes are pissing me off.

I'm frantically ringing every retailer in Melbourne to see if anyone has broken the street date a day early.

I NEED this fucking game!!!!!!!!!

ASSHOLE AMERICANS, DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!

andymcc

Banned
i haven't had this much fun with a single-player portion of a console game since mario galaxy. one of my friend's stopped by after work today, and he has a busy, busy schedule, only buys a few games a year due to grad school and work, and within 10 minutes of watching me play he was convinced to buy it. :lol

what really impresses me about the game are the parts where vehicles are in it. most games would simply be content with just sticking you on a mounted turret, hell even the first uncharted did this way too frequently, but, nah, this game comes with very clever ways to deal with its vehicular set pieces.

with the amount of "what the fuck" or "holy shit" moments it has, and trust me i find myself yelling them pretty frequently during the game, it's making almost every other action game i've played this gen feel meager by comparison.

Foov

Marty Chinn said:
Is it me or are Chloe's eyes really freaky looking? I think they made the reflection too noticeable which makes her eyes look weird.

I find most of the eyes in the game kinda odd looking too. Like they're made of shiny rocks or something. They're just too hard looking. Otherwise everything else looks fantastic.

mr_nothin

Banned
Wario64 said:
I could never tell whether I was going to just walk off the edge or grab onto it. Sometimes they walk off and dont grab and sometimes they just attach to it. I hated when I tried to run to the edge on Ice Cave, only to fall off and be laughed at. But other times i'd do a full jump off the edge (pressing X) and he's just grab on.

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Man you assholes are pissing me off.

I'm frantically ringing every retailer in Melbourne to see if anyone has broken the street date a day early.

I NEED this fucking game!!!!!!!!!

ASSHOLE AMERICANS, DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!
Consider it revenge for you guys getting ODST earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom