• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfheart

msdstc said:
Seriously, not trying to sound cliche or biased either, but it definitely feels like this is what games should be. It's really starting to blend that line a bit between movies and games. It's not just the visuals, but how everything flows.

One thing that's really standing out to me is the fluidity between cutscene and game, it literally just pans out from what looks like a pre-rendered cutscene, but you all of a sudden can control it.

Are the cutscenes in realtime?

slider

Sigh. I want to post "omg" posts too but don't have it yet. You people better stay excited for when I finally track it down. Panamericana (a local store) you're my last hope.

Animal

Banned
Only one thing comes to my mind after playing the first four chapters:

This is how it's fucking done Kojima. This is the game you've always wanted to make but couldn't. You came bloody close though.

There I said it.

Hopefully I won't regret it after having finished single player. :lol

MrPliskin

Banned
Animal said:
I can't tell you how many posts I typed up to bring up this same feeling and then backed off.

If you had waited any longer you might of been clicking my ban button right about now :lol

Why would you even think to say something like "hey, stop your hyperbole and enjoyment! I want to crap on your parade and tell you that you have your head shoved up your ass! Come back to earth and be reasonable, I don't like you having fun!".

It's silly. Let people be excited, I see no foul with that.

That said.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. Blown away. Floored. Jesus came down and told me it was game of the forever. The game is better looking than reality itself.

*builds Uncharted 2 shrine*

[/hyperbole]

I'm seriously digging this game. Fantastic thus far.

DevelopmentArrested said:
Anyone up for some Coop on Hard?

Add me on PSN:
RenegadeASOT

I'll add you, not sure if I'll be able to really spend much of any time on the game tonight but I do for sure want to play co-op. Look for Jrod87.

Animal

Banned
MrPliskin said:
Why would you even think to say something like "hey, stop your hyperbole and enjoyment! I want to crap on your parade and tell you that you have your head shoved up your ass! Come back to earth and be reasonable, I don't like you having fun!".

It's silly. Let people be excited, I see no foul with that.

That said.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. Blown away. Floored. Jesus came down and told me it was game of the forever. The game is better looking than reality itself.

*builds Uncharted 2 shrine*

[/hyperbole]

I'm seriously digging this game. Fantastic thus far.

You misunderstood me...I'm referring to Amirox's feeling. Not Dax01's feeling. :lol
I was gonna confront Dax01 about it but backed off fearing I would start a shit storm in an awesome thread.

I'm all for this thread.

chixdiggit

Love the game so far. My only complaint is the terrible control scheme and not being able to change it. How can in the year 2009 a great developer like Naughty Dog create an amazing game like Uncharted 2 and leave out something as simple as customizable controls? At the very least give me a couple different layouts to choose from.

MrPliskin

Banned
Animal said:
You misunderstood me...I'm referring to Amirox's feeling. Not Dax01's feeling. :lol
I was gonna confront Dax01 about it but backed off fearing I would start a shit storm in an awesome thread.

I'm all for this thread.

Oh...shit...

Well then...

foot-in-mouth-1199.jpeg

Concept17

Finally, I get to play this after waiting all day. I played the betas, but I've ignored every ounce of detail on the single player. :D

Put in 6 hours into the game today. There's only so much you can say about a game that does everything right. I will just call it my favorite Playstation 3 game I have ever bought. Yeah, I'm not even finished and the story, the characters, the graphics, everything about the game is just really good.

ACE 1991

After playing through 2 hours of this game, I feel kind of spoiled. This game basically shits all over every other single player shooter I've ever played.

J-Rzez

Took a break to stop by and say hi! And to say, Fuck Me... this game is incredible. And that's just the SP campaign, not talking about the graphics/audio even (I'll get into that praise once I see the rest of the game, and I need time piece my mind back together from it being blown out like I had a Taurus judge put to my head). No sequel has ever-ever delivered to the level that I was hoping it truly would. And this has surpassed it. Ch 20 beckons forth.

(throws salt over my shoulder: no jinx, no jinx, no jinx)

Chairhome

Okay, so... I never finished the first Uncharted. I rented this though cause I was at Blockbuster with a free rental and it was in. Is it a big no-no to play this before finishing the first?

Animal

Banned
Firewire said:
I just don't know how GOW3 is going to top this, shit how the hell will Naughty Dog top this with UC3!

The only thing that GOW has on UC is actual sex. Then again I'm not done single player in UC2 so I might have to take that back in a couple of days.:D

slider

I'll post this here as it may affect Euros who have the game and attempt to play online. My Euro account simply won't log in. Japanese and US manage it fine. Hmm.

Also... U2... *swoon*.

Does this game have significantly more stealth, either of the optional or mandatory variety? Are there ways to optionally pick off enemies quietly before gunfights?

ACE 1991

Chairhome said:
Okay, so... I never finished the first Uncharted. I rented this though cause I was at Blockbuster with a free rental and it was in. Is it a big no-no to play this before finishing the first?

Not really. However, you'll appreciate the characters more and understand some of references better if you complete Drake's Fortune.

I need someone to clarify this for me:

In Nepal, after boosting Chloe up the ladder, Drake says something along the lines of "Such a beautiful thing, it's a shame you have to sit on that". Anybody know what the exact quote is? It made me lol so hard.
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
revolverjgw said:
Does this game have significantly more stealth, either of the optional or mandatory variety? Are there ways to optionally pick off enemies quietly before gunfights?
Yes, it has both types. One of the first chapters is a mandatory stealth stage and there's various points in the game you can wipe out a complete squad of enemies using only stealth.

AND DONE!

Took me like 10-11 hours I think (credits rolling). Such an awesome ride, I'm so tired :lol

I got frustrated with things a few times(having to retry for the occasional stray RPG or Grenade Launch), but I don't think it happened all that much, just felt that way since I played for so long straight. Visuals need no explaining
As soon as the doors to Sham-whatever opened I knew I could not forgive ND if they didn't do Jak 4 next, so breathtaking
, only visual thing I didn't like was that it seemed a lot of the cutscenes were pre-rendered? It looks good up close on characters but when it pans over environments it didn't look as nice.

The gameplay and scenarios were better crafted than the original I think, and there were less difficulty spikes (the bigger gunfights in Uncharted 1). Presentation of story and cutscenes were surreal in quality.

Don't have the energy to do a bigger write-up :lol

quaere

This is the first game to make me want the PS4 sooner. Almost every other developer has visible weakness in one or more of technical, presentation, gameplay, narrative, etc. There's plenty more for them to work on with current gen hardware. Master one level before you go to the next. Naughty Dog is alone in being good enough to move on.

Duke Togo

I don't even know what to say. I don't know how they produced this level of grap...fuck it, its already been said. Naughty Gods indeed.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
IronFistedChampion said:
I need someone to clarify this for me:

In Nepal, after boosting Chloe up the ladder, Drake says something along the lines of "Such a beautiful thing, it's a shame you have to sit on that". Anybody know what the exact quote is? It made me lol so hard.
:lol :lol :lol :lol
It's a shame you have to sit on something so beautiful?

I think that was it.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Need your help guys.

I'm on chapter 23 (Reunion) and I can't find away out this courtyard. its telling me to climbing thru a set of windows that I see but I can't find the path to get there .

dralla

I started playing at 3:30 and just turned it off. i didn't want to beat it in one sitting. i think this has maybe the best action sequence ever in a game.
the tank battle in tenzin's town, than the truck hopping sequence right after
. my jaw was on the fucking floor.

i checked out the multiplayer playlists and was very dissapointed so see they didn't listen to the feedback. i probably won't be playing it very long unless they change it.

dralla said:
I started playing at 3:30 and just turned it off. i didn't want to beat it in one sitting. i think this has maybe the best action sequence ever in a game.
the tank battle in tenzin's town, than the truck hopping sequence right after
. my jaw was on the fucking floor
That must have taken forever to put together properly (truck sequence).

Aladuf

Banned
Just beat it about an hour and a half ago after playing it pretty much all day. Doing it on Hard wasn't a problem at all and after getting a little ways into Crushing after that, seems like it should be a good time getting through it again. I couldn't believe how many times throughout the whole game I'd catch myself just standing in one place and spinning the camera around just to take in the sights around me, the game is absolutely gorgeous the whole way through. Everything about the campaign was so epic, best gaming experience I've had in... forever.

So I got to chapter 4 or 5
whichever one starts off in nepal
. Game is so goddamn amazing I can barely stand it. I played a few multiplayer matches after that to get some easy levels, then I messaged all of my friends and told them to buy the game :lol

I need to talk about a game this good with everyone. It's just too awesome.

Gribbix

ZROCOOL said:
Need your help guys.

I'm on chapter 23 (Reunion) and I can't find away out this courtyard. its telling me to climbing thru a set of windows that I see but I can't find the path to get there .
There's a ladder nearby. Use it to climb up to the top floor of the structure on the right side of the courtyard. Once you're up there, you'll need to clear a gap to get to the other side. There should be a set of bricks sticking out of the wall to your right. Use those to get across. You can easily reach the window once you're on the other side of the gap.

Y2Kev said:
how is this a game

It isn't. I'm still trying to figure out how to elaborate on my claim, but, I'm convinced it's not a videogame. It's somewhere between that and an action movie. What would you call that?

Definity

Just finished it...I'm confused though. I'm not sure if I just played a video game or watched a kick ass action adventure movie. Maybe it was both, because this is now one of the best games I've ever played. Thanks ND.

The number of players online feature is broken right? I know it's midnight on a weekday but 7000 players seems way low for launch day. Is that supposed to be worldwide?

Got my copy at 10am but just now, after a long fucking day; I'm about to start single player.

Also where do u go to import the drakes fortune save file to get extra cash for multiplayer? Pretty sure I read you can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom