• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
"Listen, will you just listen? You never listen." :lol :lol :lol
brandonh83 said:
It isn't. I'm still trying to figure out how to elaborate on my claim, but, I'm convinced it's not a videogame. It's somewhere between that and an action movie. What would you call that?

i'm pretty sure this is like the work that some group will base their religion on in the future

AND ON THE FIRST DAY
DRAKE CREATED CHLOE
"BEHOLD, he said. Blessed is her ASS, for I am the LORD and I have MADE IT."

Virro

Wow, my game just froze
in the final temple picking up a new gun

I also got stuck in a wall during the
Nepal temple sequence running back out while carrying a riot shield...someone naded me and I got stuck in a wall

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
brandonh83 said:
It isn't. I'm still trying to figure out how to elaborate on my claim, but, I'm convinced it's not a videogame. It's somewhere between that and an action movie. What would you call that?

A revolution.

Am I kissing? I'm not so sure. I never thought I'd say that.

Norml

Loving the game so far:D the acting and voice work is what Uncharted does best out of everything imo.

I was hoping for better graphics in SP though.It seems to me it has had a texture downgrade from the 1st:( And while the cutscenes are great the models and camera work doesn't come close to MGS4 imho.

LCfiner

Norml said:
Loving the game so far:D the acting and voice work is what Uncharted does best out of everything imo.

I was hoping for better graphics in SP though.It seems to me it has had a texture downgrade from the 1st:( And while the cutscenes are great the models and camera work doesn't come close to MGS4 imho.

The city environment has some of the most detailed texture work I have ever seen.

Kittonwy

Banned
UNCHARTED 2!!!222!!!
angry.gif

BEST GAME OF ALL TIME.
Indifferent2.gif

I can't believe how much attention to detail this game haz, it's like Naughty Dog never tried to cruise, EVERY level has as much love as a level can have.
Indifferent2.gif

Virro

MvmntInGrn said:
Whats your percent completion at? My game froze at 96% in what sounds like the same spot.

I don't know where to find the percentage but (deliberately keeping even the spoilers vague)
I had just fought the two groups who keep fighting each other in a large central room, killed the two grenadiers, then picked up a weapon and bam...froze.

Norml said:

What?
What?

Norml

LCfiner said:
The city environment has some of the most detailed texture work I have ever seen.

I'm not far into the game but..
To compare the underground parts, U1 is clearly far better, that really made me sad.

Virro said:
I don't know where to find the percentage but (deliberately keeping even the spoilers vague)
I had just fought the two groups who keep fighting each other in a large central room, killed the two grenadiers, then picked up a weapon and bam...froze.
Exactly the same thing happened to me, picked up a weapon and froze in the same area after killing the same enemies.

Weird.

SleazyC

I guess its been a while since I played Uncharted 1 but so far the visuals in 2 seem to be spectacular in just about every means. I need to go back and play Uncharted 1 when I am done with 2 to compare (Think I am on chapter 18, ps3 locked up and I decided to call it a night).

Leatherface

Wow. This is pretty much the best game of the gen so far IMO. I'm blown away...

Imagine if games of this caliber came out every month? I'd probably be eating from a tube and both of my legs would grow together to form a long tail. I'd probably also stink. :lol

Virro

MvmntInGrn said:
Exactly the same thing happened to me, picked up a weapon and froze in the same area after killing the same enemies.

Weird.

I'll send ND a note about our bug and the one that I had earlier. Maybe they can patch it in later. Not like it really affected my game state...just had to reboot the PS3.

MercuryLS

Banned
msdstc said:
Game is surpassing the hype as we speak. I just didn't see how it could be that good. The production values are unbelievable, some moments of this game are getting ridiculously close to CGI. Naughty Dog does it again.:D

There's points in the game where I'm waiting on the characters to do something, then I realize that the cutscene is over and I'm controlling Drake. I then go :O

Happened many times so far through the game.

Norml said:

slap.gif

timkunedo

so how hard is 'HARD'. Is it just a bit harder than normal or is it really close to crushing. It's obviously in the middle, but you know what i'm saying....

careksims

MercuryLS said:
There's points in the game where I'm waiting on the characters to do something, then I realize that the cutscene is over and I'm controlling Drake. I then go :O

Happened many times so far through the game.

LOL! I'm with you man! Several times I'm wondering if my game froze and realized I can move them! This also happened to me in the 1st game.

Norml

timkunedo said:
so how hard is 'HARD'. Is it just a bit harder than normal or is it really close to crushing. It's obviously in the middle, but you know what i'm saying....

I started on hard and it seems pretty easy to me, would seem like normal if I never checked.

Firewire

Banned
Kittonwy said:
UNCHARTED 2!!!222!!!
angry.gif

BEST GAME OF ALL TIME.
Indifferent2.gif

I can't believe how much attention to detail this game haz, it's like Naughty Dog never tried to cruise, EVERY level has as much love as a level can have.
Indifferent2.gif
Its godly!

Kittonwy

Banned
Norml said:

The lighting and shadowing are both better in Uncharted 2 than in Uncharted 1 for sure, character models are more detailed in Uncharted 2 even during gameplay, Drake's hair definitely got some improvements as it looks more natural and is affected by the wind now, texture-wise it's about the same, Uncharted 2 has ambient occlusion which Uncharted 1 did not have.

Seriously, Uncharted 2 is among the best games of ALL TIME, MGS4 isn't even in the same league in terms of ANYTHING, Uncharted 2 even does ACTION-STEALTH better.
Indifferent2.gif

Robot 492

Banned
timkunedo said:
It's not bad at all. I started on Hard today and I'm almost done (6 chapters left).

Virro

Norml said:
I started on hard and it seems pretty easy to me, would seem like normal if I never checked.

Agreed. Hard = Normal. If you played the MP Demo and actually enjoyed the mechanics and understood them, you'll be in great shape. The only places I get stuck or die repeatedly are where there's some trick I'm just missing. Otherwise, the combat is smooth and the puzzles are easy per usual.

timkunedo said:
Mostly its not that hard, a few spots I had to retry but like I said earlier I don't think I had to do them as many times as it felt like, I was just getting more and more tired which made every death feel worse.

Also some of those spots weren't shooting deaths, just me jumping incorrectly or doing and event incorrectly.

Safe to start on IMO.

Diagol

This game is absolutely MIND BLOWING. Everything from the graphics to the voice acting to the gameplay....I'm in shock. I just played for 4 hours straight in front of 3 other people and they didn't want me to stop!! We're all just totally absorbed in this game.

Have to quit though cause of work tomorrow. Between this game, Demon's Souls and (soon to be) Ratchet and Clank, this really has been the best time ever for me this gen. Such amazing, awesome games. :D

Spoo

Modern Warfare 2 is going to have to work really, really fucking hard to be my game of the year (or generation) after this... I fully expected to just be moderately entertained with this game; between the SP and MP... mind fucking blown.

gg naughty dog.

blehh

Neo Member
i think i just robbed myself from a very satisfying experience. there i was fighting the last boss battle, struggling through many tries and dying and dying over and over again. then at the beginning of another try, he grabs me, throws me, and i glitch through a wall. so now i'm protected by being underneath the level and he cant hit me. instead of resetting to the last checkpoint, i just kept shooting
the sap next to
him until he finally died. and now i feel horrible. what would you have done?

So I
had a little swim in the swimming in Nepal... then when I got out I just stood there watching Nate's clothes dry.
Then I did it again. Is there something wrong with me?

I'm still very early into the game, but I had to quickly post this

Flynn: There's a guy above you, there's a guy above you!
Flynn: There's a guy below you, there's a guy below you!

And that
nightime rooftop view? Just simply stunning, from the draw distance, to the lighting in the houses, to the water.
I'm blown away and I know there's a lot more to come. Already, just from a game mechanics point of view, the climbing and the transitions from one climbing obstacle to another have been greatly improved. It looks and feels so natural when you're climbing up a metal grate, then moving up at an angle to grab a ledge. In Uncharted 1, you were always leaping from one ledge to the next. There is soooo much more variety now. GREAT JOB ND!!!

so... any of you guys like... finishing the game.. wanna.. like... send it to me at a reduced price?... i'm a student and i can't afford $70 for a game :(...

i'm probably gonna end up trading in some of my wii games to get this... ugh... i hate trading though lol... but this seems sooo worrrth itttt :p~~~

McLovin said:
Wow visuals go from impressive to "how the hell is my ps3 running this?!"

That was along the lines of what I was thinking on the
Nepal City
level. "DID MY PS3 GET AN UPGRADE? CELL 2.0?" :lol

Animator

holy fuck @ the rooftop view from the hotel.

Somebody could have showed me this game and said "this is a ps4 game" and I would have believed them...

Norml

Kittonwy said:
The lighting and shadowing are both better in Uncharted 2 than in Uncharted 1 for sure, character models are more detailed in Uncharted 2 even during gameplay, Drake's hair definitely got some improvements as it looks more natural and is affected by the wind now, texture-wise it's about the same, Uncharted 2 has ambient occlusion which Uncharted 1 did not have.

Seriously, Uncharted 2 is among the best games of ALL TIME, MGS4 isn't even in the same league in terms of ANYTHING, Uncharted 2 even does ACTION-STEALTH better.
Indifferent2.gif

Lighting is definitely better and it runs much better which is worth any downgrade i guess:D

give me real time cutscenes with zoom control in U3 please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom