• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

xenorevlis said:
Except, it DOES! Have you tried getting yourself wet in the ice cave while covered in snow?

Don't think I've gotten there yet. Only got to Chapter 5 last night.

I just remember doing a roll during that snow section at the start and the new snow not seeming to stick to Drake's shirt. Obviously not a big deal at all.

RoadHazard said:
PAL/NTSC doesn't have any significance at all when talking about HD resolutions, but I guess they could have done something else to the EU version to cause this. If so, and this doesn't happen with the US version, I expect a fix. There's no reason why one version should have this issue while another doesn't, when they run at exactly the same resolution (and the same picture signal).
NTSC as well...

KZObsessed

Internet Celebrity said:
Does the Giant Bomb review contain any spoilers? Sorry for bolding, I just need some kind of fix on this game, since I can't buy it for another few weeks at least.

You just made me feel so much better, thanx :)

george_us

So I think I've found the best blockbuster movie of 2009!

Seriously, the voice acting and story is superior to pretty much anything I watched 2009, with the exception of possibly District 9.

Firewire

Banned
Internet Celebrity said:
Does the Giant Bomb review contain any spoilers? Sorry for bolding, I just need some kind of fix on this game, since I can't buy it for another few weeks at least.

It shows some never before seen footage. No spoilers that I remember in regards to the storyline, just some settings.

KZObsessed

kikanny said:
If it makes you feel much better, I can't play the game for another 3 weeks or so too.

I am touching myself.
happysup.gif

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Well the very opening is indeed awesome. I guess I meant the stealth segments. :p

Which is odd since the stealth mechanics are awesome in the game, but not in the part where you're required to use it and stay out of sight.

Violater

I really don't like the cover system much, it's just too sticky. I still don't know how to transition around corners while in cover.

RoadHazard said:
Forgot to respond to this, but I think I know whats going on.

Besides the potential issue that ND was viewing the game on TVs and not normal monitors, that purple dot is a result of the post processing engine. I think it has something to do with the fact that all effects are running on the CELL now and then being mixed into the GPU. It may definitely be an oversight, but it could also just be a "side effect" they have yet to figure out.

chubigans said:
Well the very opening is indeed awesome. I guess I meant the stealth segments. :p

Which is odd since the stealth mechanics are awesome in the game, but not in the part where you're required to use it and stay out of sight.

You know what I totally agree with that. The stealth later one is so kick ass but the
guards your taking out are so damn dumb(I know its a tut)
that you don't get much accomplishment from taking them out.

Zeliard

alr1ghtstart said:
:lol :lol @ the no gravity mode. Bodies flying everywhere.

Does the slow-mo mode make its return in this game? Loved using that in the first Uncharted due to the game's visuals and animation.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
xenorevlis said:
Forgot to respond to this, but I think I know whats going on.

Besides the potential issue that ND was viewing the game on TVs and not normal monitors, that purple dot is a result of the post processing engine. I think it has something to do with the fact that all effects are running on the CELL now and then being mixed into the GPU. It may definitely be an oversight, but it could also just be a "side effect" they have yet to figure out.

What you say makes sense (maybe), but why does it not seem to happen for some people who swear they're playing with 1:1 pixel mapping? Also, I'm playing on a TV (with "Full pixel", i.e. 1:1 pixel mapping, activated), not a monitor.

Besides, KZ2 uses the Cell as much for visual effects as U2 does, I believe, and that game doesn't have these issues.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
There needs to be an option to search for difficulty in co-op matchmaking. Sick of getting into easy co-op games.

Dragon

Banned
Violater said:
I really don't like the cover system much, it's just too sticky. I still don't know how to transition around corners while in cover.

Use the analog stick to angle it around the corner while holding circle.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Zeliard said:
Does the slow-mo mode make its return in this game? Loved using that in the first Uncharted due to the game's visuals and animation.

There is:
Fast Motion
Slow Motion
Mirror World
Flip World (flips game every time drake dies)
Infinite Ammo
One-Shot Kills
No Gravity

Render Modes:
Black And White
Sepia Tint
Next Gen Filter

A.R.K

I just played like 15 mins last night (unfortunately couldn't play more:() but I don't understand how is this game possible???? THE FUCKING INSANE CINEMATICS and the seamless transition to gameplay back to cinematics with NO FUCKNG LOADING with that quality of textures and lighting????? And reading this thread you guys are telling me its gonna get better and better????? And they did it in 18 months!!!!! HOW????

The night before I was replaying UC1 and I was like man this game is fucking good looking, no way UC2 will be much better than this. I was fucking wrong! This game makes UC1 look 'ok'. Seriously it makes all other games on consoles look like last gen games!

Zeliard

alr1ghtstart said:
There is:
Fast Motion
Slow Motion
Mirror World
Flip World (flips game every time drake dies)
Infinite Ammo
One-Shot Kills
No Gravity

Render Modes:
Black And White
Sepia Tint
Next Gen Filter

I don't remember, they can be combined, right? Using slow-mo and no gravity together would be pretty awesome. :lol

PREORDER BONUSES
Amazon.com | The exclusive UNCHARTED 2 Treasure Map allows players to discover hidden treasures throughout the game.
Best Buy | Golden Ak-47 and Golden Barettas.
Game Crazy | The UNCHARTED 2 Currency Multiplier allows gamers to gain in-game currency and unlock bonuses faster than their opponents for a limited period.
GameStop | Unlock the Revenge Booster (automatically drop a grenade when you die) for multiplayer early.

Has anyone unlocked their preorder bonuses yet?

Are these bonuses able to be shared? If I know someone who got the amazon map, and I got the golden guns, could we share accounts and both get each bonus?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
shattyboombatty said:

Are these bonuses able to be shared? If I know someone who got the amazon map, and I got the golden guns, could we share accounts and both get each bonus?
was it a code or an emailed pdf map? I haven't received anything from amazon.

Does someone want to get in a few survival game with me I've been getting some knobs as partners, and they don't stick together or shoot straight or anything :/

Oneself

A.R.K said:
And reading this thread you guys are telling me its gonna get better and better?????

:lol yes indeed... I've been telling myself that it can't get better for about 4-5 hours now... and it still gets better and better. I too, don't understand how it's possible.

Triz

Im about to write something I never thought I would write again:

My favorite game of all time.

im sure the feeling will lesson, but after my 10 hour marathon session yesterday, this is how I felt going to bed and still when I woke up this morning

GeeDuhb

shattyboombatty said:

I have not got my Amazon email with the map info yet, but that is an interesting question. I would assume they are 1 time use.

In regards to the "what is the amazon map" question, I was under the impression it was a video that you downloaded...

EDIT:

I think it would be sick if it were along the lines of Qore, where you selected which treasure you wanted to look at (from a main menu), and it showed you where/how to get it...but I'm probably dreaming...

Prezhulio

alr1ghtstart said:
was it a code or an emailed pdf map? I haven't received anything from amazon.

neither have I. i'm assuming it will come at the same time as the $5 video game coupon - which is when they get around to processing the massive order, since uncharted 2 was #1 selling in video games for like a week or two.

Warning about using No Gravity: do NOT use it in any stealth levels... the first one in particular. The floating bodies can and will be spotted by guards. :lol

Brewer

Neo Member
Just played through chapter 1, 2 and 3. Holy. Shit.
The shooting feels so much better compared to Drake's Fortune (which wasn't bad by any means), the guns have more "omph" now. In the Drake's Fortune it was like "pew pew pew" in this it's more like "PAOW PAOW PAOW". I like it :D

Spasm

Prezhulio said:
neither have I. i'm assuming it will come at the same time as the $5 video game coupon - which is when they get around to processing the massive order, since uncharted 2 was #1 selling in video games for like a week or two.
I got my $5 credit yesterday. Still no map.
DMPrince said:
i started the game today. played for 2 hours. before going to chapter 5 I had to check out the vista. so damn gorgeous.

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/McWiiWii/GAF/IMG_0456.jpg

I need a direct capture of this ;( [used camera to take it]
Heh, I stood there like an idiot for 5 minutes just basking in the beauty.

Atrus

Gold Member
Bought it yesterday and started on Hard and ended on Chapter 19 yesterday after about 9 hours. So far, the game's been amazing. It's one of those things where the graphics are SO good, you literally are popped right out of the game when you realize 'Holy shit! This is amazing! Someone actually took the time to do all this just for this view!'.

I cannot believe the attention to detail everywhere in some places where you only briefly visit.

That being said, Hard doesn't seem to be as difficult as I remember it being in Uncharted 1 but maybe it's because I'm used to it. There seems to be an excessive number of propane cannisters, grenades, and the guns all appear to carry more ammo.

GeeDuhb

I just dug up the description for the map...

Pre-order "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" and get an Amazon exclusive treasure map. This bonus video strategy reveals the secret locations of treasures hidden within the game and can be viewed on both the PS3 and PSP systems. Access codes will be sent within 10 days after the game releases. Offer good while supplies last. Must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com to be eligible.

jiggles

Banned
BobTheFork said:
Apparently you have to have 750 MB free to play multiplayer in Uncharted 2. That's odd, but I guess it's for cinema files

It only records competitive games, right? I had an awesome co-op game earlier that never turned up.

snack

Who here has been having freezing problems on UC2? I haven't been getting any myself, but it supposedly has hit a group who have the earlier models of the PS3.

Prezhulio

h4k said:
Who here has been having freezing problems on UC2? I haven't been getting any myself, but it supposedly has hit a group who have the earlier models of the PS3.

i've had two system lockups and i'm on chapter 15 (i think, not much past that if not). 60gb full BC model, so yeah the model available right when they did the first price drop the summer after release.

but, checkpointing is so good in uc2, that it's really not much of an issue. still, i never like having to do a hard reset if i don't have to. one of the freezes i could hold the power button for 5 seconds and it reset, the other one i had throw the switch in the back :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom