• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I had 2 freezes (both in the
monastery
area level). I think it was in 21 and 24. Good thing that it autosaves often so I didn't lose any progress. I have a 80GB MGS4 BC model on 3.01.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
BobTheFork said:
Apparently you have to have 750 MB free to play multiplayer in Uncharted 2. That's odd, but I guess it's for cinema files

The first game uses the HDD as a cache, to make the excellent streaming engine without load times possible. U2 probably does the same, and this obviously requires some free space. The back of the box says that you need at least 1GB available.

Toki767

h4k said:
Who here has been having freezing problems on UC2? I haven't been getting any myself, but it supposedly has hit a group who have the earlier models of the PS3.
The only time I've had a freeze was near the end of Chapter 25 on Crushing. Supposedly others have had it too.

deepbrown

Violater said:
I really don't like the cover system much, it's just too sticky. I still don't know how to transition around corners while in cover.
Tis easy. Point stick at direction around corner and press circle. Simples.

VegaShinra

Cross-Game Chat Confirmed!
http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...?board.id=uncharteddf&message.id=68482#M68482

I think they wanted people to have fun and ejoy the show since all dead players can talk to each other no matter what team you are on. But I will suggest it anyway. Not to mention that the next PS3 firmware update is going to allow cross game chat. So if players use that instead of in game communication then they would also be able to communicate enemies positions.

This game is great so far...UC was my favorite game of 2007, and that was a good year for games...UC2 has not disappointed so far.

Superb storytelling, gameplay, graphics, and now with the multiplayer thrown in, this game is just plain awesome.

This is what a great videogame should be.

LaneDS

I have literally been walking through the game except in instances where I am forced to run. Each area has something worth looking at. So much love was poured into every ounce of this game. Really impressive.

Even with that said though, I'm at 44% after 4 hours played... definitely going to be on the short side of things, but oh well. Still having a blast, and the bajillion hours of MP more than make up for a campaign that isn't as massive as I'd like.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
SuperEnemyCrab said:
I keep expecting chole to say "THANKS PARDNA" after I boost her up to a ladder...
Gah, don't even taint this thread with that damn game. Thank heavens, inter-character chatter in this game is actually worth listening to and often genuinely funny.

More on topic - "You're enjoying this a bit too much, aren't you?"

dralla

"I think they wanted people to have fun and ejoy the show since all dead players can talk to each other no matter what team you are on. But I will suggest it anyway. Not to mention that the next PS3 firmware update is going to allow cross game chat. So if players use that instead of in game communication then they would also be able to communicate enemies positions."

VegaShinra

Guardian Bob said:
What was said? The post got deleted.
It said: I think they wanted people to have fun and ejoy the show since all dead players can talk to each other no matter what team you are on. But I will suggest it anyway. Not to mention that the next PS3 firmware update is going to allow cross game chat. So if players use that instead of in game communication then they would also be able to communicate enemies positions.

Lince

Banned
so how are the loading times compared to the Beta?

can't believe I have two fucking copies of the game and I'm still committed to Ninja Gaiden 2...

A.R.K

Kos Luftar said:
Wonder if he got in trouble.

ahh poor guy got caught by sony ninjas! :lol

Well there you go PS3 owners...no more bitching about no x-game chat :D

And this will headline news on nFOURg soon :lol

Ryn

Well that's interesting. Apparently if you have a completed saved data of Uncharted 1 on your hard drive, and you go to the store in Uncharted 2 through single player/pausing, hit square and you get "Drake's Fortune" which adds $100,000 to your wallet. Neato. Anyone else know about that or am I late on this uptake?

Toki767

Ryn said:
Well that's interesting. Apparently if you have a completed saved data of Uncharted 1 on your hard drive, and you go to the store in Uncharted 2 through single player/pausing, hit square and you get "Drake's Fortune" which adds $100,000 to your wallet. Neato. Anyone else know about that or am I late on this uptake?
Late, but it's always nice to find things out for yourself instead of being told.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I have read nothing in this thread but how is Kittonwy liking it?

Dreohboy

Yes Boss! said:
Chloe is so much better than that sap chick from the first game. Spicy.

This + Infinity.

Love me some Claudia Black.:D

Love me some Uncharted 2! Has surpassed the 1996 release of Tomb Raider as my favorite video game of all time.

pj

Banned
Lince said:
so how are the loading times compared to the Beta?

can't believe I have two fucking copies of the game and I'm still committed to Ninja Gaiden 2...

noticeably longer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom